Play YouTube video button

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Employee Reviews

Featured review
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing selected this as a representative review
Great place for new grads
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2018
I was a new grad and I didn't have much experience, but Shellpoint gave me a chance. They welcomed me in, offered great training, and made me feel like an important member of the team. This company is growing quickly (with no sign of slowing down), so now is the perfect time to jump on and become a part of this awesome team. Great location, fun company culture, approachable management, and growth opportunities galore!
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, PTO/lots of holiday time, and more
Cons
Communication is difficult at times but I have seen this get better with honesty and persistence
N/a
Investor Reporting Analyst II (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
It's a good place to work. I enjoy going to work everyday. The atmosphere is a good space to work in. Nice people to work with. Would like opportunities to grow and advance.
Great Company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Good environment to work in. Friendly management with a willingness to help others learn. Resources are there if you have a question or concern about what you are doing.
First 4 Months at SMS
Investor Reporting Analyst I (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I am a recent college graduate and have been working at Shellpoint for 4 months. I've enjoyed the time I've spent here so far. My co-workers are easy to get along with and have been very helpful in training me. The company is growing very fast and opportunities are plentiful. Definitely a fun place to work at.
Company having growing pains
A year ago, I would have ranked all areas at least a 4. A number of things have changed that have not been favorable. Company is highly variable in types of jobs and management. Hope your experience is more positive.
Official response from Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
June 17, 2019

Thank you for your review. You obviously have serious concerns. It’s difficult for us to respond appropriately to anonymous reviews, so we encourage you to take advantage of our “open-door” policy and share your thoughts with your supervisor. But if you don’t feel that is a viable option, please talk with one of your supervisor’s senior managers, or with someone in Human Resources. We’re working to build a corporate culture that values everyone; and we need everyone’s input—including yours—to grow and advance.

Good Balance - Good Place to Work
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage is a very good place to work in the mortgage industry. I've worked at several shops in 3 states and Shellpoint ranks with the best in terms of job enjoyment and working conditions. Usually, mortgage servicing is extremely stressful and the intensity can cause people to not want to come to work. At Shellpoint, I have not noticed this at all. The idea is to do your best work. The company emphasizes giving back to the community and having a good work/life balance. It isn't just something that is said, we really live it.
I'm very glad I was given the opportunity to work at Shellpoint and plan to remain here for a long time.
I'm here to stay.
SMS Investor Reporting (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is a great company to work for. They have the right people in the right places. I have another 10-15 years before retirement and I plan on being here until then.
Happy Employee
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Investor ReportingApril 1, 2019
I have been with the company going on 3 months. I am a remote worker and come into the office when needed. I appreciate the fact that I can do that. Everyone has been very helpful and patient while I go through the learning process. The hardest part of the job is learning Servicing Director as it is totally different than any soft ware I have used in the past. The best part is the people.
Veteran Shellpoint Employee
SMS Information Technology (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
We are a fast paced growing company that needs dedicated long-term employees that are flexible with their job tasks and can handle high workloads. Overall Shellpoint cares about their employees and provides some benefits most companies do not.
Great Place to Work
Shellpoint Mortgage is a great place to work. It is a very exciting place to work with the growth we are experiencing. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and advance your career, opportunity to move from department to department and learn the entire company.
Best place I've worked so far!
SMS Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is hands down the BEST place I've worked so far. Great culture and work/life balance. This company provides a lot of opportunities to learn more, earn more, and promote into leadership positions. My favorite thing about SMS is how they treated me from day one—as an essential member of the team. I haven't been micromanaged, and the managers have entrusted me with important task, which has boosted my confidence by leaps and bounds. Consider joining our team...you won't regret it!
Career Advancement
Technician (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
There are lots of opportunities to develop personally and advance your career quickly at Shellpoint. Your talents are recognized at Shellpoint and, if you show the ambition and desire to grow, the employee network will support you.
Come join the Shellpoint Family!
SMS Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
When people ask me what is my favorite part of working at SHELLPOINT Mortgage Servicing, my answer always intrigues them...I make a new friend everyday! My work friends are also friends outside of work. I don't have "colleagues", I have friends and some friends are more like family. In my two years with SHELLPOINT I have learned about a true work culture that focuses on people over profits and relationship building over bickering. The management is exceptional and the training is world class. The challenging part of the job is pushing yourself to be the best you can be everyday. There is no days of just "phoning it in"...it will show and reflect on everyone. SHELLPOINT has a great mantra. Stick to the PATH. Performance, Accountability, Teamwork and Honesty. It shows in the vision created by Senior Leadership and on the smiling faces of our associates on Popcorn and Hawaiian shirt Fridays! The best part again is knowing you have a place where you belong...so come join us and be part of the SHELLPOINT family.
Great company to work for!
SMS Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I was hired at Shellpoint fairly quickly because of the need to fill my position. Right off the bat, I knew this Company would be a place I will work at for a long time. My co-workers and management team are the most genuine, down-to-earth people and the work/life balance is the best one I've had yet! The Company does see some growing pains with how much it has expanded over the past couple years, but it is definitely headed in the right direction by being people-focused and the most innovative in its industry. I would definitely recommend Shellpoint to anyone that is willing to put in the hard-work and dedication the Company is seeking to become #1!
Love working at Shellpoint
SMS Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I love working for Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. I have worked at other servicing shops and Shellpoint is by far, the best. The management team cares about their employees and works hard to provide an excellent work environment. I feel that I can make a difference and have autonomy to help make change. Shellpoint is a group of people working hard to help homeowners. There are also a lot of work perks such as massages for associates, popcorn Friday, employee discounts, etc. The company also gives back to the community by offering fundraising activities through the humanitarian council.
SMS Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint is a positive place to work for the most part; it offers decent pay, benefits, and a mostly positive corporate culture. Overall the company is well-managed.
Asset Manager
REO Asset Manager II (Current Employee) –  TX, Houston - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage provided clear communication on expectations and job responsibilities. The working environment is professional but you also have that one on one feeling with your managers.
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
REO Asset Manager I (Current Employee) –  TX, Houston - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is a great place to work. Excellent management, and staff. Great place to learn and grow. Everyday is an opportunity to enhance our clients trust in us.
REO asset manager
REO Asset Manager I (Current Employee) –  TX, Houston - SMSApril 1, 2019
Very fair and employee friendly workplace. I enjoy what I do here at Shellpoint . The atmosphere makes it a great place to work. Very competitive in salary
Happy to have found a job at this company.
SMS Houston Property Preservation (Current Employee) –  TX, Houston - SMSApril 1, 2019
Happy to have found a job at this company. The workplace culture if very friendly. Really great and knowledgeable people to work with. Typical day consists of a work list, emails and vendors.
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  HoustonApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is a great place to work and enjoy the camaraderie of the people working here. Learnt a lot of new things about the Mortgage Industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews by Location