Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers

Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers Employee Reviews

United States11 reviews
I love Sheltering Arms and miss working there. SAH always put clinicians first. Being in the corporate office is hit and miss, but job is very rewarding.
It's an amazing company, completely devoted to helping patients find the ability to overcome obstacles they may be facing physically, emotionally, financially.
I want to thanks SA for letting me work for them and exercise my clerical skills, also opened my eyes to other skills and go PT school. I had seen the way patients are treated and gave me the passion to help more.
When I say I really enjoy my job; I do. The interview went well and I met so many nice and professional people. I was given a tour and it went very well.
Pros
Knowledgeable
Cons
Downtime; but there is always something to keep you busy
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
No advancement opportunities. Loved my co-workers. Hours were great. The hardest part about the job their system. It is not user friendly. Also, there was no micromanaging. Lack of communication between departments/ other sites.
Amazing staff and the BEST patients I have ever worked with! Everyday presented new challenges and opportunity to learn and grow. My clinical manager was by far the most caring manager I have ever worked for! The most enjoyable part of everyday was the gift of seeing patients progress! Sheltering Arms is very special place to work! I personally considered it a privilege to work and be surrounded by such greatness everyday! We relocated out of state and this is why I left Sheltering Arms. Should we get transferred back to VA, my first phone call would be to ask for a position there!!!!!
Pros
hour lunches, Family always came FIRST!
Cons
No Cons
The day to day atmosphere is positive. I enjoy the tasks and people. However, HR is very slow to react/communicate. Raises are usually 2% across entire staff but do not come often, averaged to every 2 years. If the raises were better and truly based on merit (they say it is but not really, most all get the same 2%) and management really managed I would rate a 4.5 because all the other components are pretty good. Note: management may depend on each department and vary, I have had feedback that some of the other departments have really good managers and I would not want to unfairly rate those that do a good job. The company as a whole is very positive and one of the better jobs I have had.
Pros
Location, patients, no micromanaging, Reasonable job expectations
Cons
30 minute lunch and no breaks. Raises do not cover cost of living. Management doesn't truly manage.
I love working for this company! It sometimes was challenging but I loved how everything was always changing. The only reason I left was because I was moving but I would work there again if I lived in the area again.
Monthly reports, Audits were done every 6 months on paperwork, handling multi phone calls from clients, resolving there issues or questions they would have.
Pros
Free lunches on month end and on audit months
great place to work for, lovely staff...grat experience since I've became employed here I've learned so many new thngs
Pros
learned how to do draw labs..etc
Cons
working by yourself some shifts
Sheltering Arms mission of providing the best results for their patients is the driving force behind everything done within the organization. The ability for almost all employees to interact with the wonderful patients makes this an easy mission to support.