Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers Employee Reviews

reviewed
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 15, 2017
Amazing staff and the BEST patients I have ever worked with! Everyday presented new challenges and opportunity to learn and grow. My clinical manager was by far the most caring manager I have ever worked for! The most enjoyable part of everyday was the gift of seeing patients progress! Sheltering Arms is very special place to work! I personally considered it a privilege to work and be surrounded by such greatness everyday! We relocated out of state and this is why I left Sheltering Arms. Should we get transferred back to VA, my first phone call would be to ask for a position there!!!!!
Pros
hour lunches, Family always came FIRST!
Cons
No Cons
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 31, 2017
The day to day atmosphere is positive. I enjoy the tasks and people. However, HR is very slow to react/communicate. Raises are usually 2% across entire staff but do not come often, averaged to every 2 years. If the raises were better and truly based on merit (they say it is but not really, most all get the same 2%) and management really managed I would rate a 4.5 because all the other components are pretty good. Note: management may depend on each department and vary, I have had feedback that some of the other departments have really good managers and I would not want to unfairly rate those that do a good job. The company as a whole is very positive and one of the better jobs I have had.
Pros
Location, patients, no micromanaging, Reasonable job expectations
Cons
30 minute lunch and no breaks. Raises do not cover cost of living. Management doesn't truly manage.
Great Team
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 8, 2016
I love working for this company! It sometimes was challenging but I loved how everything was always changing. The only reason I left was because I was moving but I would work there again if I lived in the area again.
Productive enviroment
Weatherization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Monthly reports, Audits were done every 6 months on paperwork, handling multi phone calls from clients, resolving there issues or questions they would have.
Pros
Free lunches on month end and on audit months
great staff an a great place to work, glad im a part of the team
Nurse Tech 111 (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2015
great place to work for, lovely staff...grat experience since I've became employed here I've learned so many new thngs
Pros
learned how to do draw labs..etc
Cons
working by yourself some shifts
Mission driven organization with focus on patient care.
Public relations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 16, 2012
Sheltering Arms mission of providing the best results for their patients is the driving force behind everything done within the organization. The ability for almost all employees to interact with the wonderful patients makes this an easy mission to support.