SHELTERING ARMS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved
LPN/Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 17, 2018
I loved working for Sheltering Arms, I just felt like I needed a more set schedule with my kids at home. I miss Sheltering Arms, and feel that my schedule will one day work out and I can go back.
Very very unprofessional work environment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
There were no structure, employees and directors don't respect each other, supervisors are very bias in their treatment towards lowers level employees.
Cons
Location is also a drawback
internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2018
this was an internship. I was not paid and waited on eyear to receive a grade. this place requires skills to work with kids. I did not have that skill.
A productive and fun workplace.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
I feel that they offer a good Summer Program with trips and activities, every week. Though the building was muggy, inside some classrooms, and hallways, the children were encouraged to bring water and had plenty of outdoor exercise. The trips were fun and the children really enjoyed themselves. The Manager and the Staff were warm and very helpful in my time in the program.
Pros
Plenty of Staff support.
Cons
The building for the program, this Summer, was very muggy, in some classrooms, and the hallways.
Excellent organization
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
The organization is a people focused organization with free medical benefits and capable leadership. The organization is commited to helping early learners and their families grow as well as staff members.
Pros
Free health benefits
Cons
More centers needed to impact more children
productive fun place to work, and fun events planned throughout the year.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 9, 2018
sheltering arms was a fun place to work, but did a great job educating the students. The students and parents love the center and program. Teacher strategies was a big part of the curriculum. The students and parents responded to it well. Also this company is like very family oriented and had a lot of events for students and staff
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
sometimes too much overtime
Children
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 13, 2018
They were great but I dont think they were doing things the way that they should have been doing them. The children that were there were children that were there were children in foster care but the children were well taken care of but the office staff didn't always follow the rules when doing things
Relaxed and full fledged
Receptionist/Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 11, 2018
Attending work was calm. Had a orderly routine everyday. Everyone worked together and did their part including managers, supervisors etc. Work schedule was flexible and never behind on work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
short lunch
No teamwork
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 3, 2018
Management is biased. Multiple family members which makes job difficult. Management teaches self regulating skills when understaffed. If you family, you good
Pros
Training
Cons
No team work
Stressful
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 1, 2018
Good pay. no support. The kids have more right than you do. supervisors can be mean and unfair. There is no union and no real benefits. I enjoyed the job but it is difficult to work there.
Over all good job
NSP - Group Leader (Current Employee) –  500 Bergen stMay 19, 2018
Working with adolescent to do behavior modification while tracking them social sckills that will impact them for years to come. Using a Missouri model style of teaching youth are to find the root of their problems and work towards a solution in their everyday lives
Sheltering arms is a great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 23, 2018
Its a fast pace job but everyone works as a team to get the job done including nurses and coordinators. The beat job i have had since i been in nursing.
support team environment
specific treatment programs and assist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2018
great company to work for. supportive team. management is very supportive.motivation given daily opportunities to grow and learn. being able to move to different levels of care and learn
Low Pay Long Hours
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Good job for recent college graduates. I think the expectations are unrealistic. There is no room for advancement. The hardest part of the job is the poor management.
changing families lifes
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work entails lots of phone call with collateral providers in order to ensure that everyone is working in harmony in order to meet the clients needs by addressing the service plan. It also requires lots of conferences and completion of quarterly and annual reviews. One of my strongest skill is my ability to effectively manage my time in order to ensure that the above mention is completed in advance granting my supervisor ample time to approve my work. The most rewarding aspect of my job is being able to effect positive changes in my clients lives that improves the overall function of their family composition.
Pros
seen clients accomplished their goals, family changing their perspective
Cons
sessions cancellation, benefits
Overall great working environment
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTFebruary 9, 2018
Productive and great learning experience and educational. rewording and great experience working with senior citizens. opportunity to use my culinary arts and design new foods and menus of residents.
Pros
Excellent equipment, great management team
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to start a career.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
In order to start a career you have to start somewhere.Sheltering Arms is a great place to start at, wouldn’t make it permanent because the pay rate is at its lowest.
its was a helpful program
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Sheltering Arms was a helpful program that helps you get jobs also it helps you build up your resume and prepare for interviews. My typical day at work was very relaxing and calm. I worked in a library for Teens so it was a lot to do i always had something to do. I enjoyed working in the library.
Growing Business
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
Large program with fast pace
Under limited supervision, uses a basic knowledge of public health principles to analyze, develop, implement, and promote new and creative strategies and solutions to address public health issues and challenges. Addresses public health issues by providing education, technical assistance, advocacy, public awareness, and research. Works with programs or studies designed to evaluate the prevalence or surveillance of public health issues and the effectiveness of targeted interventions. May provide technical assistance to organizations to include presentations, web-based resources, strategies, and educational forums to address specific public health issues.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
Lack of incentive pay and annual raises
Professional training to ensure staff are up to date on any new changes in Early Childhood
Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work is composed of executing physical,cognitive,language and social emotional activities that addresses each childs needs. Also provding a safe and secure environment for the children and family in order to build trusting relationships.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch provided daily.
Cons
Children are sick daily and parents not suggested to take children to see doctoe