SHELTERING ARMS Employee Reviews

Sheltering Arms I did enjoyed working at
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 22, 2019
Working at sheltering was good for me I been there for 6 years learn about kids enjoy working with kids and the adults. Sheltering Arms was helping infants and toddlers grown and gross fine motor skills helping them to learn.
Great place
Chlid Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2019
I like working there especially because of the different opportunities. I work per diem so it allows me the freedom to work on school assignments and to have time for my family
Truthfully
Assistant Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 5, 2019
Sheltering Arms is a great place to work when you have a great team to work on. The medical and life insurance is free. Summer hours are different from school year hours. Start earning vacation 6 months after start date.
Temp worker position
Temp. Preventive Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2019
The co workers were really nice. They are approachable, kind and helpful.. The Supervisor was also heopful and kept a positive workplace environment.
Pros
Hours are adjustable
Cons
temp positions are not long enough
Excellent place to work!!
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2019
Excellent place to work. The staff are friendly and caring. I love the technology that the company invests in to further study and analyze client recovery.
Great Company with mission centered focus
Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2019
Sheltering Arms is an employee friendly organization where positive relationships exist across various levels within the organization. It does have to deal with revenue fluctuations caused by the timing of funding and development efforts. But the organization cares about its employees, offers great benefits, and works hard to try to make it an amazing place to work.
rather go somewhere else
Case Manager for Youth Services (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 21, 2019
management does not respect staff, or care for their personal safety. a day at a work location would vary on the population you serve. if you work for any of the youth services you are at risk of being assaulted and disrespected by clients with no repurcussions
Stressful staff dont get along
Direct care worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2019
You have no one to represent you when you have a you have an issue on.the.job. The union has conflict of interest.Main office dont take action when there is problem with staff or management.
Pros
Can eat with rhe residents
Cons
No breaks
Not quite there!
FSC (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2019
Company is having difficulty managing funds, employees go without materials needed for students. There is a lack of effort from Management. Pay is extremely low for the education they want you to have.
Benefits
Fun Place
Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYApril 2, 2019
I loved this job because it is a detention center for struggling youth. Although my field wasn’t forced on my interaction with the teens, I felt that working their gave me an opportunity to offer my guidance to young boys going through rough times.
Pros
Free lunches, Paid Vacation days.
One of my worst jobs
CHILD CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 31, 2019
This place was horrible. No managerial support at all. You're expected to work 8 hours with only one 15 minute break. No consistency in the rules or task and standards. Every night there was another set of rules to follow. If something was ok 1 night, the next night it was no longer allowed. Mangers only look out for each other. No support at all. The pathetic part is that the job itself was actually pretty easy but the inconsistencies with supervision was super frustrating. I got out of there as soon as I found a better job
Room for growth
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Sheltering Arms NY is primarily in Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan. The mission is to keep children safe and families united. The mission of the agency is very important to all that work at the agency.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Engages daily onboarding, updating AFP , the filing of documents to ensure that at any given time all individual documents are in the appropriate personnel.
Family orientation
supervisor in absents of unit supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Sheltering Arms. We had a really great working team there.Everyone was like family.My manager was great very understanding and patient as a manger.
Pros
free lunches all the time
Productive and a fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Union City, GADecember 2, 2018
Sheltering Arms a great place to work if you enjoy working and learning for long term career. Motivation and learning through helping children grow inside and outside. Teacher/parents conferences were great to get more knowledge and learn the family.
Productive, lively, but stressful
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 23, 2018
The children were a highlight, but the two higher ups of the building were stressing everyone out and red taping thing that went against regulations and policies. My co-workers were amazing, and the work environment around one another made it worth coming to work.
Pros
Free lunch, hour break, and socializing
Cons
healthcare only for full-time workers, director, and miscommunication issues
Great Place
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 27, 2018
I love working at sheltering arms its is a good place to learn and working with staff on the same page. I work with the infants and we wash hands before entering. The parents are trying to get involve with the kids.
Loved
LPN/Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 17, 2018
I loved working for Sheltering Arms, I just felt like I needed a more set schedule with my kids at home. I miss Sheltering Arms, and feel that my schedule will one day work out and I can go back.
It can sometimes be a bit crummy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 4, 2018
The environment isn't bad but the staff can be questionable at the Mechanicville location. The atmosphere reeks of favoritism. They just favor one over the other.
Very very unprofessional work environment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
There were no structure, employees and directors don't respect each other, supervisors are very bias in their treatment towards lowers level employees.
Cons
Location is also a drawback