Shepherd Center Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Being a PCT
Patient Care Technician and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Everyone has a purpose
Many patients press there way out of pain.
When physical therapy is given, they press through the emotional and physical pain.
Life experience helps use.
Experience shapes use.
Clinical evaluation skills continue to increase every time you step on the floor.
Whenever I work
Orthopedic and Med Surge patients are often the hardest, which is what I work and assist at all time when I work.
I work for Piedmont Healthcare of Atlanta as a Patient Care Technician on all type of patients.
These patients need my help.
My work is reliant on all of my patients.
They need me to do patient care tech and to assist with their ADLs and creature comforts.
On a more positive note, most of them have good outcomes
My job also is to assist with medical patient and post-op patients
Although, it’s a lot of work in a 12 or 13-hour shift, orthos,/lap appys/pancreatitis/cellulitis. It can totally be very difficult physically.
But, I love helping people
Pros
The pros are awesome
Cons
N/a
Positive environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Positive environment. However, the nurse to patient ratio was way to high, given the condition of the patients and their families. Also, the commute to and from work was arduous to say the least.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long commute to and from work (2-3hrs/day)
Great Hospital for rehab
Outpatient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Great Hospital for rehab, very friendly people. Hard to move up in Outpatient area. Yearly pay raises are very low for the amount of work you have to do.
Fun place to work
Personal Home Aide (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2018
it was temporary job so their was no benefit but my client was a nice lady that made it difficult for me to leave until she was moved to a nursing home . I understand now that the company no longer exist, It was short down after my client was moved to nursing home.
Pros
my client was so good to me
Cons
No benefit
productive and friendly workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Great place to work. The most enjoyable is being able to meet and take care of my patients.I can honestly say I have never had a day where I did NOT want to come to work due to "the job" itslef. I enjoyed working for Shepherd Center.
Pros
My patients recovering.
Cons
My patients not recovering.
The shepherd center where is was comfortable.
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
Good worker at the shepherd center type thing information into the computer and filing paper by numbers and letters and putting paperwork in the folders.
Pros
Free lunches on days
Cons
They a good health care benefits and we had a long break
nice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
good place to work staff is nice good clean fun patients get what they need the hours are great no compliants on my end the unit manager is amazing she make it feel like home
Decent Place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Not Culturally diverse. Minimum chance for advancement. Overall the company should listen to their employees feedback and encourage advancement and support staff.
Float Nurse- Acute Brain Injury (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
Shepherd is a great employer. I really enjoyed working for Shepherd. They are a very employee focused company. By focusing on the happiness of the employee in the workplace, they ensure excellent patient care.
Challenging and rewarding with a great culture for staff and patients
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
I have nothing but rave reviews for Shepherd Center both in regards to staff and patients. Everyone supports each other no matter what position you hold in the organization. Shepherd administration does a great job supporting a work/life balance to keep stress levels reduced by hosting various events and activities throughout the year from Derby Day parties to "Field Day" activities. All of the management wants you to love working there and are greatly supportive of continuing education, career advancement, and taking care of you as the whole person, not just the therapist working for them.
Pros
Supportive staff, incredible management, great work/life balance support
Cons
Only the one location in Atlanta
Great work place environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
Great opportunity to truly see the impact we have on our patient population. Most patients stay for at least a month, to see them come in one way and leave so much better than they were is the most rewarding part of my job! Very Friendly, open environment!
Excellent experience
Locomotor technician & PT/OT aide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Loved this place! They really care about their patients. The work is physically demanding but very rewarding. Friendly family like work culture. One of my favorite places of employment.
Fun and caring place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Best place i ever worked to date. Everyone is always smiling and glad to give a hello. The company trains the employees the Shepherd way! Management is pretty fair for the most.
strong mission
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2018
The mission and vision of Shepherd in providing quality therapy to patients with SCI and ABI is strongly and ethically supported throughout the agency.
work place
Outpatient Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2018
It was wonderful working with the Shepherd Center, unfortunately, I had to move back to my hometown because my mom was ill and then I decided to go back to school to get a Degree.
A great place to work with a wonderful atmosphere.
RN/Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2018
My days at Shepherd are primarily worked in the community. Teamwork is the most important part of a job and is done to the utmost extent in my department. That teamwork and the diverse culture are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Shepherd Center
Admissions Liaison/UR/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Continuous learning a Shepherd Center. Focus was on brain and spinal cord injury but care is so individualized that the opportunity for growth and increasing you knowledge is abundant. My day usually began with emails and team conferences. Following up with clinical updates and providing UR to ensure patient continuation of care. Coordinating care and working as a liaison between the patient and CCM/Insurance Carrier. Filing Medicaid appeals.
Pros
Abundance of Knowledge
Cons
Saddeness you feel for the patient and family
Awesome place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Shepherd Center's culture is outstanding. It was truly a life-changing experience to work there. The management is accessible and other staff members are wonderful.
Impacting the community
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  5200 Oak St., Kansas City, MO 64112January 8, 2018
Shepherd's Center Central is a small organization with a big heart. As our country ages the needs will continue to increase. Shepherd's Center Central focuses on helping people age better and assisting those who are most frail. And the cherry on top are the volunteers, who are wonderful and are truly making an impact.
Wonderful place to work and excellent people to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GADecember 13, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful co workers and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was trying to understand the writing of the doctors. I had to learn their writing but it was a learning experience that I enjoyed. The workplace was very relaxed and the people there were very helpul and didn't mind giving a helping hand. I would recommend this place to everybody.