Shepherd Center Employee Reviews

productive and caring place to work
PRN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
Shepherd Center is a very POSITIVE environment. There is something special about each and every patient....they become family. You start to care as if they are your very kin!
Pros
reduced lunch in cafeteria, positive place to work
Cons
some of the stories of the patients can be heart wrenching
Productive and fun Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2018
Advancement opportunities , great employee benefits...paid holidays and vacation time..free parking, meal discount, yearly bonus.
All needed work supplies are furnished.
Pros
Yearly bonus to all employees
Cons
N/A.I have nothing neg. to say
Family Oriented
Outpatient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
I loved Shepherd Center because I loved my patients. They were like family. Very upbeat attitude regardless of their health situations. It was a very humbling experience. Shepherd center could improve in regards to management and compensation.
Lovely coworkers
Art Cataloguer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2018
While every workspace has its problems, the Shepherd Center has a culture of teamwork, and an atmosphere that fosters camaraderie. It also felt like everyone was on the same team, and was working towards a common goal.
Great work place for meeting brain and Spine injuries
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
I love meeting new people that love my help.They have great bonus if you been there for a while. Great management staff. 12 hours shifts. Great food and a very nice swimming pool.
Shepherd center is a great place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Shepherd Center is a great place to work, you can grow there and learn new things and meet a lot of wonderful people. The staff is just great and very helpful.
Great place to work but slowly going down hill
Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Shepherd was a great place to work, but is slowly becoming a corporate entity. Its starting to become very stressful and bleeding over into my personal life. Average working 10+ hours a day
Being a PCT
Patient Care Technician and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Everyone has a purpose
Many patients press there way out of pain.
When physical therapy is given, they press through the emotional and physical pain.
Life experience helps use.
Experience shapes use.
Clinical evaluation skills continue to increase every time you step on the floor.
Whenever I work
Orthopedic and Med Surge patients are often the hardest, which is what I work and assist at all time when I work.
I work for Piedmont Healthcare of Atlanta as a Patient Care Technician on all type of patients.
These patients need my help.
My work is reliant on all of my patients.
They need me to do patient care tech and to assist with their ADLs and creature comforts.
On a more positive note, most of them have good outcomes
My job also is to assist with medical patient and post-op patients
Although, it’s a lot of work in a 12 or 13-hour shift, orthos,/lap appys/pancreatitis/cellulitis. It can totally be very difficult physically.
But, I love helping people
Pros
The pros are awesome
Cons
N/a
Positive environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Positive environment. However, the nurse to patient ratio was way to high, given the condition of the patients and their families. Also, the commute to and from work was arduous to say the least.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long commute to and from work (2-3hrs/day)
Great Hospital for rehab
Outpatient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Great Hospital for rehab, very friendly people. Hard to move up in Outpatient area. Yearly pay raises are very low for the amount of work you have to do.
Fun place to work
Personal Home Aide (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2018
it was temporary job so their was no benefit but my client was a nice lady that made it difficult for me to leave until she was moved to a nursing home . I understand now that the company no longer exist, It was short down after my client was moved to nursing home.
Pros
my client was so good to me
Cons
No benefit
productive and friendly workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Great place to work. The most enjoyable is being able to meet and take care of my patients.I can honestly say I have never had a day where I did NOT want to come to work due to "the job" itslef. I enjoyed working for Shepherd Center.
Pros
My patients recovering.
Cons
My patients not recovering.
The shepherd center where is was comfortable.
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
Good worker at the shepherd center type thing information into the computer and filing paper by numbers and letters and putting paperwork in the folders.
Pros
Free lunches on days
Cons
They a good health care benefits and we had a long break
nice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
good place to work staff is nice good clean fun patients get what they need the hours are great no compliants on my end the unit manager is amazing she make it feel like home
Decent Place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Not Culturally diverse. Minimum chance for advancement. Overall the company should listen to their employees feedback and encourage advancement and support staff.
Float Nurse- Acute Brain Injury (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
Shepherd is a great employer. I really enjoyed working for Shepherd. They are a very employee focused company. By focusing on the happiness of the employee in the workplace, they ensure excellent patient care.
Challenging and rewarding with a great culture for staff and patients
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
I have nothing but rave reviews for Shepherd Center both in regards to staff and patients. Everyone supports each other no matter what position you hold in the organization. Shepherd administration does a great job supporting a work/life balance to keep stress levels reduced by hosting various events and activities throughout the year from Derby Day parties to "Field Day" activities. All of the management wants you to love working there and are greatly supportive of continuing education, career advancement, and taking care of you as the whole person, not just the therapist working for them.
Pros
Supportive staff, incredible management, great work/life balance support
Cons
Only the one location in Atlanta
Great work place environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
Great opportunity to truly see the impact we have on our patient population. Most patients stay for at least a month, to see them come in one way and leave so much better than they were is the most rewarding part of my job! Very Friendly, open environment!
Excellent experience
Locomotor technician & PT/OT aide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Loved this place! They really care about their patients. The work is physically demanding but very rewarding. Friendly family like work culture. One of my favorite places of employment.
Fun and caring place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Best place i ever worked to date. Everyone is always smiling and glad to give a hello. The company trains the employees the Shepherd way! Management is pretty fair for the most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shepherd Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4