Shepherd Center Employee Reviews

nice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
good place to work staff is nice good clean fun patients get what they need the hours are great no compliants on my end the unit manager is amazing she make it feel like home
Decent Place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Not Culturally diverse. Minimum chance for advancement. Overall the company should listen to their employees feedback and encourage advancement and support staff.
Float Nurse- Acute Brain Injury (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
Shepherd is a great employer. I really enjoyed working for Shepherd. They are a very employee focused company. By focusing on the happiness of the employee in the workplace, they ensure excellent patient care.
Challenging and rewarding with a great culture for staff and patients
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
I have nothing but rave reviews for Shepherd Center both in regards to staff and patients. Everyone supports each other no matter what position you hold in the organization. Shepherd administration does a great job supporting a work/life balance to keep stress levels reduced by hosting various events and activities throughout the year from Derby Day parties to "Field Day" activities. All of the management wants you to love working there and are greatly supportive of continuing education, career advancement, and taking care of you as the whole person, not just the therapist working for them.
Pros
Supportive staff, incredible management, great work/life balance support
Cons
Only the one location in Atlanta
Great work place environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
Great opportunity to truly see the impact we have on our patient population. Most patients stay for at least a month, to see them come in one way and leave so much better than they were is the most rewarding part of my job! Very Friendly, open environment!
Excellent experience
Locomotor technician & PT/OT aide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Loved this place! They really care about their patients. The work is physically demanding but very rewarding. Friendly family like work culture. One of my favorite places of employment.
Fun and caring place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Best place i ever worked to date. Everyone is always smiling and glad to give a hello. The company trains the employees the Shepherd way! Management is pretty fair for the most.
strong mission
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2018
The mission and vision of Shepherd in providing quality therapy to patients with SCI and ABI is strongly and ethically supported throughout the agency.
work place
Outpatient Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2018
It was wonderful working with the Shepherd Center, unfortunately, I had to move back to my hometown because my mom was ill and then I decided to go back to school to get a Degree.
A great place to work with a wonderful atmosphere.
RN/Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2018
My days at Shepherd are primarily worked in the community. Teamwork is the most important part of a job and is done to the utmost extent in my department. That teamwork and the diverse culture are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Shepherd Center
Admissions Liaison/UR/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Continuous learning a Shepherd Center. Focus was on brain and spinal cord injury but care is so individualized that the opportunity for growth and increasing you knowledge is abundant. My day usually began with emails and team conferences. Following up with clinical updates and providing UR to ensure patient continuation of care. Coordinating care and working as a liaison between the patient and CCM/Insurance Carrier. Filing Medicaid appeals.
Pros
Abundance of Knowledge
Cons
Saddeness you feel for the patient and family
Awesome place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Shepherd Center's culture is outstanding. It was truly a life-changing experience to work there. The management is accessible and other staff members are wonderful.
Wonderful place to work and excellent people to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GADecember 13, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful co workers and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was trying to understand the writing of the doctors. I had to learn their writing but it was a learning experience that I enjoyed. The workplace was very relaxed and the people there were very helpul and didn't mind giving a helping hand. I would recommend this place to everybody.
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
Assist patients obtain financial assistance to help with the funding for their hospital stay and office visits. Verifying insurance via web portals and via phone to obtain patient benefits.
n/a
Op Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
very good company to work for. If you are looking for something very comfortable with your daily living this is the place to work. There are no limited advancement in the company.
Most employees are friendly and welcoming.
Patient Access Pre Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
A typical day starts @ 7am. I learned how to manage my time and stay on task. Management is very helpful when a problem should arise. The workplace culture for the most part is family oriented.
A great place to work at
SCI Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
*Prepare meetings/take minutes, plan events-meetings, admin to 35 staff
*How to speak up
*awesome
*saying good-by to patients
* dreams come true for patients
Pros
paying for lunches, great insurance, great staff
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Working at Shephered center is a good place. They need to pay there employees more money. Management need to stick with there employers. Other than that I love working with my patient long term not just see them one day and that’s it.
competive and fun
Patient Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
patient care, customer care, encourages team work Management is approachable. hard when i can's help,enjoyable when i put a smile on my patient's face
Pros
teamwork is great
Cons
limitations on what i can do
The Big House
Intern, Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2017
The Shepherd Center is an environment exploding with personalities lining the spectrum. The patients are the people who truly make Shepherd, a beautiful place to be. If you want to have the time of your life and change lives everyday, go to Shepherd; if you want to work, Piedmont's next door.
Pros
management, coworkers, patients
Cons
parking, traffic