Shepherd Insurance Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2019
They age discriminate against those over 42. Favs will sneak off during day with owners and managers for events during the work day. Those over 42 years old will never be asked, they expect u to stay and work!!
I can get 6 former employees to agree.
Great place to work! Very fast growing company
Commercial Lines CSR (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 8, 2019
I have worked at Shepherd for about two years now and this is where I want to be long-term. The management team does everything they can to help you succeed and grow in the company. The executive team has a very strong presence and encourages you every step of the way.

It is a very fast paced environment which most individuals strive in. which is due to the growth The health benefits are very affordable and Shepherd offers many different kinds of other benefits, including 401K match. Paid time off is very generous and the company even gives surprise days off around the holidays. The work environment is casual and you can wear jeans every day which makes the culture top notch! Shepherd gives back to the community which is huge as well. They also give back to their employees with annual reviews each fall and raises based on performance.
Pros
Fun environment, awesome leadership, growth opportunities
Great people, family environment, and employees are always willing to help.
Intern & Employee Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 6, 2019
Shepherd gave me an idea of what the real world is like, coming as a college intern. I learned a lot about the industry in just six weeks, and it was a great internship program.
Awful leadership
Business development (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 12, 2019
I worked at Shepherd Insurance for more than 5 years. Leadership is the weakest link here - especially family members of the owner. The company is run by men who have absolutely zero respect for women and minorities. Nonexistent work-life balance. Unless you’re a family member of the owner or personal friend of the family, I would never recommend working for this company.
Pros
Pros for women: you’ll never have to manage because you’ll never get a chance.
Cons
A few people there want to work hard and not be skeezy.
Good place to start out
Hybrid Personal Lines Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 13, 2018
The company is growing tremendously. Its a good place to start insurance and to learn the ropes but due to lack of adequate compensation, not a place you can stay long term.
Pros
hours, clients, colleagues
Cons
pay, lack of growth