Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 2,947 reviews matching the search See all 5,112 reviews
good job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
housekeeping clean rooms and bathroom replace and supply on regular basis collect food trays from rooms return to the kitchen clean spill in room and other parts of the hotel.
Beautiful property
Sauté Chef (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 23, 2018
Loved working everyday. The property really ingrained in all its staff, the 5 star 5 diamond mentality. Also, the cultural training was amazing, and really gave us a sense of purpose while serving the tribal community.
Pros
Employee dining room
Cons
Long walk each day
Alright
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2018
Sheraton was where i first started as an guest service agent, I learned how to mature a bit, understand the concept of my job description as well as communicating better with others. The only red flag for me there was favoritism.Some employees have parents or relatives working there that made it complicated for deserving workers to move up
A typical day at work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  DushanbeSeptember 22, 2018
We had really good time in Sheraton. We were having fun when we were not busy. Joking with each other. But in the operation everyone was really serious.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Productive a very fun place to work
Hotel Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I worked there because of the walk out. I would like to work there permanently. It was productive, I learned a lot of different job duties requirement. The supervisor was very courteous and thank me a lot for helping out during the strike. I really enjoyed working there.
Fun fast pace
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Sheraton was one of my favorite job to work at. They work with me perfectly, in all types of ways as in hours vacations. They where just flexible and I loved it
The people I work with were awesome
Front Desk/PBX/ VIP Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The management was not the best I was always on pins and needles if I was going to loose my benefits each year because I was not working enough hours. Sheraton was not able to more up in the company.
Sheaton review
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2018
• Performed daily office duties such as stocking, inbound/outbound shipments, responding to customers calls and in store question.
Facilitate communication between the guess and provide with stuff for their comfort.
Pros
relax work setting
Cons
lack of hours
Learned the ropes there
Front Desk/Back office/club level concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
Loved working at the Sheraton. Guests are the priority at all times. Problems are opportunities for recovery. Its and excellent place to work. There were lots of tipping opportunities as well.
Great place to learn and improve skills
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I was fond of 1 manager who actually provided me with the knowledge to extend my creativity with mojitos. a passionate person and good manager in expressing my skills.
Excellent executive chef. Very poor management and sales team
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 16, 2018
Had to leave the Sheraton because they could not provide enough hours for me. Banquet sales were terrible, so when summer rolled around, I was only scheduled for three days a week due to the lack of booked events. It was not easy to live on a regular paycheck, but it gets even more difficult when your hours are cut down to three days a week.
Pros
Freedom to improve present banquet offerings
Cons
Substandard pay.
Last twelve months have been topsy turvy
Supervisor, Coffee Break Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
Since the business was sold to HEI the entire culture and joy is gone. Low hours low pay low morale. Key positions eliminated and work more than double. Not the quality of work that I'm used to providing
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No stewarding dept no dishwashers poor management
I liked working here many years ago now it’s way different with new staff
Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 13, 2018
I don’t like the fact that most of the people do what they want and the manager allow that they don’t follow rules or get there job done there not efficient
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 12, 2018
The Sheraton was a fun happy place to work. The management are fair nice outgoing people. I enjoyed the environment it is very clean, and nice. The pond is very soothing.
Just left this very job position and manager didn’t even bother to call to see if I was alive.
Breakfast Attendant/server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
Coldhearted mgmt,no respect
A cook u work w/that thinks she better than everyone &owns everything I got paid 11hr &now they trying to hired you at 9hr
Pros
Early shift, &only a few good employees there
Cons
No breaks, no time to take your ten min break so overwhelming, will schedule you at 3hours a day, truly don’t care about you, hardly any benefits at all
job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I have learned a lot from Sheraton , I started as regular banquet server and End up being cashier , and it helped me a lot because I could get more hours .
Pros
free dinner
In a nut shell
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Run Run Run Run
Not worth your time!
They do not play fair
Say one thing and do other
Mirco mangened
RUN RUN RUN RUN
Some ppl there are wonderful but the rest are carzy and out of there!
Cons
Great place to work, wonderful events and wonderful guests.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Started in guest services which included front desk operations. after three months a promotion to Account Receivable Clerk/ Credit Mgr. A typical day included assisting with payroll, review charge backs from various credit card companies, review guest complaints and monitor front desk operations.The job function included in a monthly inventory of restaurant and alcohol and beverage departments. Management was great to work with. Job had no hard portions and was a pleasure to have joined as a staff member.
Pros
Free meal and discounted hotel stays.
Cons
Short lunch break.
Overall controlling and Monitoring Help Desk Operation
Senior Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Addis Abaaba EthiopiaSeptember 9, 2018
Conducive working environment with multi cultural society. Self Up dating with training's to satisfy Customers and achieve the company Goal with full commitment.
Pros
Free Duty Meals, Good Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 8, 2018
It was a great place to work for..my mom got sick & I had to leave & take care of my mom.I had to take a leave of absence which was great.But I left due to hours working & plus work got slow so I needed more money to support my family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours I eorked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K