Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 3,073 reviews matching the search See all 5,317 reviews
Productive and fun place to work!
Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 29, 2018
Sheraton at Niagara Falls is a great place to work. They have a great culture and they truly care about their employee's needs. A hot meal for lunch is provided everyday free of cost to the employees along with a salad bar. I have learned a lot with the company and they are helping me to develop within my career. The management staff is very supportive and everyone is so helpful. They also show appreciation for all of their employees by holding employee rallies where employees get to sit together and have a buffet style lunch and have a chance to win prizes! They hold an annual Christmas party for all of their employees and also a children's party for the employees children along with their annual employee picnic for the employees and their families. This is truly a fun and caring place to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, prizes, paid time off
Ceiling is low
Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 22, 2018
Didn't get hired for what I applied for but I needed a job. Pay is super low, hotels don't pay well for maintenance in NC. Food is cheap but is not fresh and fountains had mildew on tips, yuck! Job was incredibly easy and very boring, only supervisor at actually fixed anything. The housekeeping staff were the heart of the place, mostly foreign staffing, paid low but they were happy, made friends. Coworkers were very "I remember when" type, no growth..GM was horrible, not sure how they stay afloat, roaches in kitchen, mold behind walls, a/c units broken, chillers half powered. No raise in years!!!!
Pros
Was a job, had time to get other work
Cons
Management, stop treating people like a dog
General Review
Valet Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 26, 2018
Overall, working at Sheraton Hotel was great. I love the diversity, various cultures and peoples working environment.While i worked at the Sheraton i had no complaints, we had free food for employees, great hours, pay was good, and the most important thing was the managers. I personally had great management and was able to advance in the company due to the opportunity's given to us by them.
Pros
fun place to work. Environment
Cons
better benefits
What’s not to love
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I absolutely loved my experience working at the Sheraton front start to end! The front office managemt team was extremely supportive and offered individual learning and training plans that were very detailed and tailored to your career goals. It’s an extremely fast-paced work environment given that it is a luxury convention hotel which was great for me personally because you had a new experience with each interaction every day! They loved showing their team appreciation by having cook outs, raffles and department socials and you got to enjoy it right along the river walk! I had an amazing experience here! They definitely set the bar for the ideal work place!
Pros
Supportive front office team, team member appreciation and recognition, free meals, property discounts, continuous training and development, positive workplace culture
An exciting and amazing place to work at.
Hotel Security (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 2, 2018
A typical day at work was very rewarding because the entire staff from management to housekeeping were awesome to work with.

What I learned was the function of a well organized team and how to be a leader.

The management was very friendly and professional.

The workplace culture was very uplifting and exciting.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude and challenging guest.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working the events on the weekends and meeting Hollywood Stars.
Pros
Free food, good pay, meeting Hollywood Stars.
Cons
Dealing with rude and challenging guests.
Great place to work, wonderful events and wonderful guests.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Started in guest services which included front desk operations. after three months a promotion to Account Receivable Clerk/ Credit Mgr. A typical day included assisting with payroll, review charge backs from various credit card companies, review guest complaints and monitor front desk operations.The job function included in a monthly inventory of restaurant and alcohol and beverage departments. Management was great to work with. Job had no hard portions and was a pleasure to have joined as a staff member.
Pros
Free meal and discounted hotel stays.
Cons
Short lunch break.
Stressful enviorment with lack of advacement.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
This hotel is completely different than any other I've worked at. Constantly short staffed and short materials to clean, which means they put more work on you, and management can't seem to get it right. Although I took pride in my job and was a great housekeeper, it felt as if when offered the chance for advancement they said no because I was a great housekeeper and that at this Sheraton is hard to find. They don't care who they hire in. And it's always the people who are great at their job who they have something smart to say to. They say they'll address issues but it never gets dealt with really. The only thing I liked about working here was higher management, the GM and AGM. I also liked how you got to clean alone, not much mental stress, but it is physically and mentally stressful when they are asking you to clean extra rooms on a daily basis and putting you in another section that is not as well kept as yours. Maybe Marriott will continue to tidy them up.
Pros
The friends you make, cleaning alone, free food
Cons
Management attitude, cart situation, lack of materials and employees.
It was ok in the begining then became really really stressfull
Lead houseman (Former Employee) –  421 salisbury street Raleigh NCSeptember 27, 2018
Management was poor pay was extremely low they don't give good evaluations an don't want to give you proper raises they don't let you advance at all to them if you are really food at your position they want to keep you there with no raise
Pros
Good discount on rooms
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive workplace
Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2018
Days consisted of conducting weekly strategy meetings along with consistent and accurate communication with property’s Executive Committee and Ownership of revenue production and variance to budget and forecast.
Word closely with the Director of Sales with business plans, revenue targets, and month end reports.
Airport property day to day business can change in a minute with distress passengers and being organized gave me the advantage to jump into action when needed to assist all departments and the ability of knowing that you are there for the guests needs is very rewarding.
Pros
Lunch is complimentary and great monthly Employee meetings
Cons
Healthcare and benefits
Open door policy, you can talk with leadership most of the time.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 27, 2018
My typical day starts at 6:00am. I great my team, check the breakfast buffet and all event orders for the day. I check for incoming orders, and spot check for quality with my receiver. I've learned many aspects of running the Culinary Department in the Hotel industry. I manage a team of 20 cooks, waitresses, banquet servers Executive Sous Chef and stewards.

We have a very diverse culture of many races, genders, religions, and ages. The hardest part of my job is recruiting qualified candidates. The most enjoyable part of my job is training my team on standards, quality, presentation, food cost, labor cost, and ticket times.
Pros
Free parking, meals, discounted rooms, personal time, vacation time, wadges.
Cons
Hotels are open 365 days, so we work all holidays and weekends.
Work is drama
Food Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2018
A dead end job that pays $10 for the job that you do. They'll make you work till you drop dead. $.25 raise ever year that's really really sad. Management sucks too, short breaks, nasty owners, not worth it.
Pros
Free $10 lunch if you work in fnb
Cons
Short break
Promotes from Within
Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
I began my career at Sheraton Tampa Brandon as a front desk agent. I soon began working as an interim front desk supervisor before being hand-picked to become the Accounting Administrator by the Hotel Controller. She began her career as a front desk agent before becoming a part-time accounting clerk and then was promoted to Controller. Sheraton Tampa Brandon prefers to promote from within due to the fact that most employees are already familiar with the culture and other employees and do not have to be trained as much as outside candidates.Ultimately it is a good place to work.
Pros
Promotes from within, hotel management is good and overall it a good hotel to work at
Cons
Corporate doesn't communicate well, rather they tend to criticize more than encourage their employees.
tense but not stress full with biased and noninclusive management personnel
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Addis, LAApril 16, 2018
the hotel can be categorized as one of the best in east Africa with the best facilities and customer care operations it runs. so, it is the best place to enjoy for customers of the hotel. regarding the employees of the hotel, it is a different story, the management has its flaws which it couldn't fix resulted in frustration and anger among the employees, this has reached to the point of taking the management to court by its employees for several times. the case varies from fair payment to
clear recruitment procedures, promotion to luck of providing different deserved employee benefits.
Pros
free one meal per shift, free tea coffee once per shift, good locker and shower, limited health insurance
Cons
not enough salary, luck of equal opportunity and none inclusive management
Typical Hospitality Employment
Convention Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLApril 11, 2018
If you have the right manager it's a great place to work, though some management officials are complacent and ineffective. Cross-trained individuals or those who outperform and excell at tasks are not paid according to ability. Longevity doesn't help increase earnings and raises shrank dramatically over the last decade at the property while profits increased.
It's similar to the other jobs available in Hospitality, meaning employees are numbers not people, benefits are bottom of the barrel, pay rate is not at a living wage, initiative is not rewarded it just comes with more expectation.
Pros
Great co-workers and some great management
Cons
Employees are numbers not people, benefits are bottom of the barrel, pay rate is not at a living wage, initiative is not rewarded.
Productive and good experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  5064 23rd Avenue south, Fargo, ND 58104July 14, 2018
The First management was very good to all employee, but the manegement changed, the treatment of most of the employee was not happy with such treatment. As the result, job was not garantee. Therefore, I neeed a full time job that will carry good benefit including health insurance, 401k, dental and etc.
Cooking was a fun job for me at four Point. I had a good working relationship with al other co-workers in the kitchen, most esspicially when we are preparing food to cook.
Eventhose, we didn't have break and free lunch but the tasting itself was more than free lunch. This was one of the fun part of my job at Four Point.
Also, the starting time for me was important due to my school schedule. The permitted me to work and be on time for school as well.
My jod at Four Point was fun and very productive as such that I was able to learned to cooked very king of foods other than my Liberian foods.I built more experiences in cooking different king of foods, most esspecially American style of food than my own country.
Pros
More times to ourself but no break
Cons
No free lunch
Bad management
Cook 2/Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Was told I would be able to advance, worked very hard & never was presented the opportunity to do so. Managers are 21 year old dope fiends & very low pay!! I came to the company with a degree but was getting paid less than dishwashers for a year & a half and my first raise after a year was .08. Runnnnnn!!!!
Pros
None for african americans
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Management staff that employed there are very cutthroat!
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2018
Excellent staff work hard together as team. Beautiful people I love them. Management was the worst! that was worst part about the job. It be hard keep employees cause the management so cutthroat and fake! They hate on you when only work for weeks. They breath down your neck try make you look bad they dont wont you to learn your job. but do the job that the manager dont wont yo do Tommy is the worst manager there never heard any good things about him from the time I walk in the door at the Sheraton. Reggie & tommy anyone work with them watch out!! They are very Negative not good for business at the Sheraton the top management over them help clear up there mess!
Pros
Good great staff to work with!
Cons
Management attitude the worst
Nightmare of a job!!!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 4, 2019
If I could rate this place zero stars I so would!! Where do I begin ugh this place is a nightmare to work at. Let’s start with the management team terrible they lie straight to your face. They make up this fantasy of potential grow when in reality THERE IS NO GROWTH!! The schedule is all over the place so be aware you won’t have a life working here. They blame all the problems on the front desk staff and accuse people of things that they don’t even do. The assistant manager is racist and straight up rude! They over work the housekeeping staff and yell at associates in front of the customers faces. So unprofessional and unnecessary. They charge guest for the smallest most inconvenient things. They will always try to make a quick buck out of you. The hotel is smelly, dirty, old and outdated. So not worth the money.
Pros
Discount on hotel stays
Cons
No days off, overworked, bad management team, no room for growth, low pay
Great Teamwork
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 10, 2019
The Sheraton was the perfect place to work at while being full time in college. I say this because of the flexibility the Sheraton provided me as well as the understanding between coworkers and management when it came to things such as providing time off for finals week or papers to complete. The staff is full of friendly lovable people that create a great work environment that's very teamwork-based. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I have met throughout Room Service such as regulars that stay in the hotel. Management did not play a huge role in room service although I wish it did. Room Service menu's were outdated often.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Tips
Cons
Limited Hours between other coworkers
CATERING SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2019
Good benefits, good discount program. Training provided. Can take skills to many other properties, Advance from within company. Good work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
41.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheraton.

Powered by Comparably