Sheraton
69Average

Sheraton Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA48 reviews
management changed quite often and so did the mood. a lot of politics going on and there were a lot of "senior" people who had been with the property for a long time were set in their ways and opposed to change for sake of improvements.
I had a wonderful experience under a great management and learned a lot from my supervisor. I felt so horrible when I lost our executive F&B director in 6 months of my career starting and did not feel comfortable working there.
Pros
While at the Sheraton Silver Spring I was afforded the opportunity to cross train in other departments. My manager would do weekly training whereby I would learn his job duties as well.
Management was lacking in support, lacking in transparency and provided no tools. Basically you are on your own. Direct report had no input, totally non-responsive and indecisive.
I've learned a lot about working and about myself since working here. Challenges come but there's always a sense that everyone wants to do what they can to hold each other up.

And I feel the time I've spent here helped prepare me for whatever comes next.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good Brand and the Hotel has great potential considering the location. Convenient to guest with many options to shop nearby. Hotel Shuttle service providing service to the guest around the area as well. Free Parking.
When they changed management it went down hill, they do not care about you at all. They definitely don’t care about the customers! We had rats and the rooms smelled very bad we had to lie about why the rooms smlled so bad when it was the hotels fault!
sure thing is a great place to work the benefits need to be better as far as health benefits and also the late late hours that you work and then when your good at what you do they actually work more hours more hours and more hours and they burn you out
Fun place to work with motivated people and farther your experience and take care of our guest by enriching lives one guest at a time.

Insurance

401k

Time Off

vacation.
learned so much from such a big property and big company. at the time I was working, I had n opportunity work with so many great knowledgeable people that I learned so much.
Sheraton Rockville was my first hotel position and true culinary position. We prepared a lot of our menu items from scratch. I learned how to set our meeting space up with chairs, tables, and various equipment. It was a very diverse environment and we all loved working with one another. We were family while away from our natural family. We made our guest feel right at home with our hospitality. During my tenure at Sheraton Rockville, we received two diamonds from AAA Travel Club.
Pros
Free meals, our staff, and our guests
each departments helps eachother and HR always does little events for each departments and the GM host employee partys every year , it was a fun place to work at that hotel , also awesome benefits
i would never EVER recommend this as a place to work its TERRIBLE!!! They don't compensate well, the staff is rude, and they have bed bugs and refuse to admit it!!
Pros
none!
Cons
everything!
This place was a great place to learn and experience the different aspects of the hospitality business. It was a great place to gain all tools in the banquet business.
The workplace is fun and all Department head are teamplayer. The Hotel has a very active Dir of Human resources, that organized activities and events for the staff. The company rewards & recognized good performers.
As a complex Dir of Finance, I am involved in the daily operations of both hotels that overlaps with my functions Finance head. There's very low turnover in my department. Mentoring is a big thing for me. I conduct training for financial review with my staff & Dept head. Its mostly long hours for me so I take advantage of slow period to re charge.

I am comfortable with the working place, the company and people.
Pros
I am comfortable with the working place, the company and people.
Cons
Very laid back and easy going place to work. Just not enough room for advancement.Sheraton experience is very good for first time hoteliers or a part time person.
Pros
Dedicated employees to work with
Cons
Turn over
busy from start of day to the close of day. Requires a great deal of team work and effective communication. Varying challenges and rewards daily...Also fun and exciting depending on your internal energy. You get to meet a number of people from all walks of life.
Pros
free lunch, meet new exciting people, every day is new and exciting in a different way
Cons
little advancement, you may wear many hats without compensation for your contribution
I love working for this company it was a great experience. It was a friendly environment with nice staff. I so miss it there. The management and pay was good the most enjoyable part of this job was definitely my clients. I highly recommend anybody to work here.
This was a beutiful hotel to work for,but it is going in a different direction from hotel it was.I have enjoyed working here,and wish the changes would be better,but they are not.Will always have great memories of this hotel,and people i have worked with through the years.The area where this hotel is located is highly saturated with restaurants,and fast food,as well as a Walmart store which has cut into business
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, union shop
Cons
Parking is bad during large events, hotel needs many repairs, and updates
Getting a job as executive chef at the Sheraton in Tyson corner was a dream come true, but bad management at time cost a lot of tern over and your job harder and harder
Mycoworkers where team players and where very helpful. The workplace culture was easy-going and fun place too work. Management always did a weekly review and suggested how things should be done next time.
Pros
free meal per shift
Cons
short breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight