Sheridan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Evolving and growing
Manager of Audit and Education - Revenue Integrity (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 18, 2018
Sheridan Healthcare was evolving during my tenure and continued to evolve after I left. The company is now known as Envision Health. While I was there many changes were taking place as the company initially went public then merged with AMSURG. Later, they changed buildings, restructured again and became Envision. Due to the number of changes at the time I was there it was not always a stable environment; one hand didn't always know what the other was doing. It was a challenge to stay informed but the work continued. I enjoyed the work I performed and the team with which I worked.
Pros
location; benefits; always work to be done (never bored)
Cons
fluctuations in leadership during transitions. I resigned before things may have stabilized
Productivee
Envision Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 10, 2018
My dept has been outsourced and I will be without a job soon after so many years working in the same dept. Lack of improvement, understaffed need more job security and need to hire more productive experienced personnel.
Pros
Bonus, early release
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced workplace
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 24, 2018
Sheriden Healthcare was a great company to work for.Management was over the top and fellow workers had great knowledge in the healthcare world. most enjoyable partwas the environment.
Great before
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 8, 2018
Since Sheridan was brought by envision physician services things have went downhill. Meetings were had and we were assured that our jobs were safe, however per management that was not true. Months after the merge complete departments were layed off, upper management included. All coders were terminated with little to no notice. Now Evision is posting jobs for coders on employment sites. It's not a good place to be if you're concerned about John safety.
Pros
Quiet, since everyone was terminated
Cons
The managers do not work, all and the managers attend meetings and get all the credit for with done
Positive Attitude
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 27, 2018
If your attitude in this role is positive, the possibilities are limitless. You come into work, check emails and back logs from Qualitative Assurance, and correct all errors from prior quarters. Then you get into your daily task, posting. Posting is easy once you've memorized the essential payer codes, and insurance types. Management is excellent in this department. The atmosphere is one of a family setting. An environment such as this is one in which you will thrive, both in your career and in life.
Pros
Free lunches, growth opportunities, much to learn
Very high stress
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 12, 2018
work assigned to you by the hour, no chance to catch up, no good communication with management.

under new management & now jobs are going away so there is no room for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
salary does not equal work load
You have the option of taking 30 mins or 1 hour lunch
Revenue Integrity Auditor/Denial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 28, 2018
High production fast pace demanding company. Lots of favoritism from management that gets ignored a lot by HR despite multiple reports is made. On the other hand, it's sometimes a fun place to work.
Pros
Spirit week
Cons
Major layoffs
Fast pace exvironment
Provider Enrollment/Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at work for me is coming in clock in and asset my workload. Prioritized what needs to be done, then departments meetings in between.

I have learned that their policies and procedures are like no other.

The management team is great, they go above and beyond to get you the information you need to be successful.

There is a huge diversity in the workplace culture, people from all different backgrounds and ethnicity which creates great workplace family.

The hardest part of my job is not getting the information that you need in the time frame you need it.

The most enjoyable part of the my job is when all my co-workers get together.
Pros
Get to make up time
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Not a good place to work
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, INAugust 8, 2018
The management was not very helpful in my position. The residents were all behavioral. The staff was friendly. Family members were a challenge. I would not recommend this as a good place to work.
stressful environment
CPC (Former Employee) –  planation,flFebruary 22, 2018
Too much work, micromanaging management, lots of gossip with management about staff. Favoritism with staff. Worst place I've ever worked. Only good thing is if I needed a day off, they would give it to me. Half hour lunch.
Pros
(two) 15 minutie breaks and (one) 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
pressure to work as fast a you can, but productivity numbers they wanted were too high, they want 95% accuracy, People got fired on the spot often, Bad morale with staff. Passive aggressive management
Favoritism
Legal Billing Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 14, 2018
the only way you get promoted if you know someone or related to someone in management. it does not matter how much you out in for the company they do not appreciate you.
fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2018
No bad days at all. Learned medical billing for different hospital's. Macthed reports with the information that was enter into the system by me.Management was great.I enjoyed working with the staff.
Sheridan was sold to Envision Healthcare
Eligibility Specialist/ Re-imbursement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 7, 2018
Sheridan was an enjoyable company to work for. Within the last 2 years the company was sold to Envision Healthcare. Things went down from there. The beginning of 2018, we were told that some of the departments were being outsourced to another company. My department (RADIOLOGY) is one of the departments being outsourced. I was given a final date of July 27th, 2018 to work.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
being forced to find other employment
Most days this facililty was pleasant to work at. However as discused in my review there is room for improvement between employees and employer
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILJuly 17, 2012
overall rating is excellent (5), Compensation and benefits were good. Overall the culture/values toward employees and clients were good, howevere there is room for improvement in discipline and upward mobility and promotion. Job security is poor. Management should have education and training in customer service and performance of employees. Work/life balance when fully staffed work is good however, we were overworked and not appreciated. Would liked to havefelt there would be no reprisal when differences of opinions came between subordinated and upper echelon.
Pros
though free meals were offered at night there was no time
Cons
dietary had to be notified at least three hours in advance
Its a decent place to work. The work-life balance is pretty good.
Reimbursement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 18, 2018
Its a decent place to work. The work-life balance is pretty good. It seems as if they company is going through financial difficulties. They are letting go more people than they are hiring.
Overall Good Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work, however recent changes to corporate structure have affected overall moral. Compensation increases and placement advancement are becoming challenging.
RCM productive review
Envision Physician Services (formally (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 12, 2018
Sheridan was a enjoyable place to work,the company was sold to Envision HealthCare, and this company decided to out source work as vendors were more cost efficient.
Pros
Health benefits paid at 80/20, Life Insurce
I felt like Family
Medivance Billing / Collections Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Very busy and fast pace and very friendly environment. I learned that diversity is very powerful. Management was VERY caring and touchable.The culture was diverse and very unique. The hardest part of the job is when I learned the Pivot table in Excel (lol). Most enjoyable is wen the director would interrupt our Fridays with PICTIONARY
Pros
potlucks
Cons
sorry about the RIF
lack processes for improvement
Reimbursement Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 8, 2018
Sheridan is a okay place to work. They do not have many processes and procedures in place to help with understanding the work flow. In addition, they lack in developing processes for improvement. The people are great and Halloween is the most celebrated holiday there.
Pros
flexible and easy to get along with management
Cons
Short Breaks
This job was very stressful
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Navasota, TXJune 11, 2018
This job was stressful due to staffing issues and poor nursing management. No cooperation between staff and patients deman dr ing thing they can't gave.
Pros
Can work as much overtime as wanted
Cons
No cooperation