Sheridan Healthcare Employee Reviews

RCM productive review
Envision Physician Services (formally (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 12, 2018
Sheridan was a enjoyable place to work,the company was sold to Envision HealthCare, and this company decided to out source work as vendors were more cost efficient.
Pros
Health benefits paid at 80/20, Life Insurce
This job was very stressful
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Navasota, TXJune 11, 2018
This job was stressful due to staffing issues and poor nursing management. No cooperation between staff and patients deman dr ing thing they can't gave.
Pros
Can work as much overtime as wanted
Cons
No cooperation
Great before
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 8, 2018
Since Sheridan was brought by envision physician services things have went downhill. Meetings were had and we were assured that our jobs were safe, however per management that was not true. Months after the merge complete departments were layed off, upper management included. All coders were terminated with little to no notice. Now Evision is posting jobs for coders on employment sites. It's not a good place to be if you're concerned about John safety.
Pros
Quiet, since everyone was terminated
Cons
The managers do not work, all and the managers attend meetings and get all the credit for with done
Hated
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 7, 2018
Very poor management and only those who were friends with managers were able to get promoted. Managers nit pick at everything and was never a great environment to work.
A very special place
Legal and Insurance Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 25, 2018
Working for Sheridisn was a great experience for me. They provide me with all the tools I need to succeed. Working at Sheridan was like having a second family
Pros
family environment
Cons
short lunch
lack processes for improvement
Reimbursement Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 8, 2018
Sheridan is a okay place to work. They do not have many processes and procedures in place to help with understanding the work flow. In addition, they lack in developing processes for improvement. The people are great and Halloween is the most celebrated holiday there.
Pros
flexible and easy to get along with management
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Place
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. It is quick paced. There are scribes that help with your notes and many different hours available to work. We get 14 days paid off which allows for a great vacation.
Company was very disorganized
Site Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 30, 2018
Poor management and very disorganized company. Many turnovers in staffing, manager was not aware of job duties and often mis directed work assignemtns.
Pros
Productive work environment
Cons
Poor management and disorganized business
Overall Good Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work, however recent changes to corporate structure have affected overall moral. Compensation increases and placement advancement are becoming challenging.
It a great place to work
Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 23, 2018
They have great benefits, the company is growing in some area but laid off in other. The company been around for years and well known. I enjoy working there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible mangers
Employed
Temporary Reimbursement Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33323March 21, 2018
When I was laid off from a previous job I was thankful to that this company provide me with a temp contract because I did not what I was going to do. Just thankful!
Pros
Employed
Cons
Salary
Very high stress
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 12, 2018
work assigned to you by the hour, no chance to catch up, no good communication with management.

under new management & now jobs are going away so there is no room for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
salary does not equal work load
Medical Coder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 4, 2018
It's high pace productive environment. Typical coding industry, 150 records daily quota with 95% accuracy rate. Resources are there to help you get the job done.
Positive Attitude
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 27, 2018
If your attitude in this role is positive, the possibilities are limitless. You come into work, check emails and back logs from Qualitative Assurance, and correct all errors from prior quarters. Then you get into your daily task, posting. Posting is easy once you've memorized the essential payer codes, and insurance types. Management is excellent in this department. The atmosphere is one of a family setting. An environment such as this is one in which you will thrive, both in your career and in life.
Pros
Free lunches, growth opportunities, much to learn
Production
Payment Posting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Great company for an entry level position or a candidate with minimal experience. Sheridan Healthcare is now in vision and is going through a transition of management, policies and procedures.
Pros
Conveniently located
Cons
The company did not utilize my potential, skills and qualifications
stressful environment
CPC (Former Employee) –  planation,flFebruary 22, 2018
Too much work, micromanaging management, lots of gossip with management about staff. Favoritism with staff. Worst place I've ever worked. Only good thing is if I needed a day off, they would give it to me. Half hour lunch.
Pros
(two) 15 minutie breaks and (one) 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
pressure to work as fast a you can, but productivity numbers they wanted were too high, they want 95% accuracy, People got fired on the spot often, Bad morale with staff. Passive aggressive management
Good
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Its a large company, has many departments and it's a good company to work for. The company makes you feel welcomed and helps you learn alot. Everyone has to learn how to work with others
Pros
the building is large
Cons
too far from my home
Executive VP - Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work. Great company, market benefits and fast paced work environment

Employees work hard but enjoy doing it. Great community involvement. Halloween party is legendary
Pros
Great company
Sheridan Healthcare now Envisin Physician Servicei
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 31, 2018
O loved being employed there and looked forward to going to work each day. The company was employee focused and made it easy for us to succeed and advance. It was challenging and made me strive to do my best.
Pros
A great place to work
I hate this Sheridan
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I hated working at Sheridan. There is not any room for growth at Sheridan and I would NOT recommend working here to anyone. You do a lot of work for a small amount of pay.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
Good work hours