Sheridan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fast paced workplace
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 24, 2018
Sheriden Healthcare was a great company to work for.Management was over the top and fellow workers had great knowledge in the healthcare world. most enjoyable partwas the environment.
Favoritism
Legal Billing Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 14, 2018
the only way you get promoted if you know someone or related to someone in management. it does not matter how much you out in for the company they do not appreciate you.
Not a good place to work
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, INAugust 8, 2018
The management was not very helpful in my position. The residents were all behavioral. The staff was friendly. Family members were a challenge. I would not recommend this as a good place to work.
fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2018
No bad days at all. Learned medical billing for different hospital's. Macthed reports with the information that was enter into the system by me.Management was great.I enjoyed working with the staff.
Sheridan was sold to Envision Healthcare
Eligibility Specialist/ Re-imbursement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 7, 2018
Sheridan was an enjoyable company to work for. Within the last 2 years the company was sold to Envision Healthcare. Things went down from there. The beginning of 2018, we were told that some of the departments were being outsourced to another company. My department (RADIOLOGY) is one of the departments being outsourced. I was given a final date of July 27th, 2018 to work.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
being forced to find other employment
Not for me
Regional Practice Director (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 25, 2018
After we were acquired the disorganization set in. Cell phone shut off due to non payment, provider payroll a mess. different depts talking to clients and giving contradicting info. No one is accountable. Contracts take months to come back from legal. Billing patients incorrectly, crashing our PACS system. Cutting off email server without warning. No wonder they are losing $
Pros
some positions can work from home
Cons
No voice
Its a decent place to work. The work-life balance is pretty good.
Reimbursement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 18, 2018
Its a decent place to work. The work-life balance is pretty good. It seems as if they company is going through financial difficulties. They are letting go more people than they are hiring.
RCM productive review
Envision Physician Services (formally (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 12, 2018
Sheridan was a enjoyable place to work,the company was sold to Envision HealthCare, and this company decided to out source work as vendors were more cost efficient.
Pros
Health benefits paid at 80/20, Life Insurce
This job was very stressful
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Navasota, TXJune 11, 2018
This job was stressful due to staffing issues and poor nursing management. No cooperation between staff and patients deman dr ing thing they can't gave.
Pros
Can work as much overtime as wanted
Cons
No cooperation
Great before
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 8, 2018
Since Sheridan was brought by envision physician services things have went downhill. Meetings were had and we were assured that our jobs were safe, however per management that was not true. Months after the merge complete departments were layed off, upper management included. All coders were terminated with little to no notice. Now Evision is posting jobs for coders on employment sites. It's not a good place to be if you're concerned about John safety.
Pros
Quiet, since everyone was terminated
Cons
The managers do not work, all and the managers attend meetings and get all the credit for with done
Hated
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 7, 2018
Very poor management and only those who were friends with managers were able to get promoted. Managers nit pick at everything and was never a great environment to work.
A very special place
Legal and Insurance Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 25, 2018
Working for Sheridisn was a great experience for me. They provide me with all the tools I need to succeed. Working at Sheridan was like having a second family
Pros
family environment
Cons
short lunch
lack processes for improvement
Reimbursement Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 8, 2018
Sheridan is a okay place to work. They do not have many processes and procedures in place to help with understanding the work flow. In addition, they lack in developing processes for improvement. The people are great and Halloween is the most celebrated holiday there.
Pros
flexible and easy to get along with management
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Place
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. It is quick paced. There are scribes that help with your notes and many different hours available to work. We get 14 days paid off which allows for a great vacation.
Company was very disorganized
Site Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 30, 2018
Poor management and very disorganized company. Many turnovers in staffing, manager was not aware of job duties and often mis directed work assignemtns.
Pros
Productive work environment
Cons
Poor management and disorganized business
Overall Good Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work, however recent changes to corporate structure have affected overall moral. Compensation increases and placement advancement are becoming challenging.
It a great place to work
Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 23, 2018
They have great benefits, the company is growing in some area but laid off in other. The company been around for years and well known. I enjoy working there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible mangers
Employed
Temporary Reimbursement Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33323March 21, 2018
When I was laid off from a previous job I was thankful to that this company provide me with a temp contract because I did not what I was going to do. Just thankful!
Pros
Employed
Cons
Salary
Very high stress
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 12, 2018
work assigned to you by the hour, no chance to catch up, no good communication with management.

under new management & now jobs are going away so there is no room for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
salary does not equal work load
Medical Coder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 4, 2018
It's high pace productive environment. Typical coding industry, 150 records daily quota with 95% accuracy rate. Resources are there to help you get the job done.