Sheridan Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYApril 2, 2018
I think the job was good. I didn"t have any problems when I worked here. I performed many tasks when I worked here, including phlebotomy. It all worked out!
Pros
Pay, Work environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work with excellent hospital and EMS crew
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTFebruary 27, 2018
Great Ambulance Service. We were given free room and board. I was able to work in Medical Records while not answering Ambulance calls.. Everyone was friendly and I was really sorry to leave.
Pros
Excellent equipment, people and location
Cons
Job location 10 hours away from home.
Loved it
Supply staff (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYFebruary 21, 2018
Everyone at the hospital was so nice and outgoing i really enjoyed working there it was sad when i had to leave due to medical issues. I never knew so much went into the hospital work place until working there
Great coweork8es
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTJanuary 31, 2018
Great coworkers, great small town, the surrounding community is wonderful to be in when they all come together. Not to much hoousing available but there is some cheap
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Lack of communication
Great hospital!
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 16, 2018
great place to work. just want a warmer climate to live. great management and culture
Would recomend this place to travelers and full-ttime personnel. thanks
Pros
outdoors
Cons
cost of living
well run private hospital, strong culture of kindness
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYOctober 26, 2017
great place to work, needs of both the patients and staff take priority.
very helpful co-workers, very happy patients, very skillfull medical staff. and staff had 24 hour/day access to an on-site workout gym.
Productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 8, 2017
My typical day at work was quick and I always had something to do. I learned how to draw blood, work with patients and use cerner. The management was okay, when there was a problem it would take some time to figure it out or it would not be taken care of.
Pros
experience
Cons
work environment
The culture is very political.
Quality Services Director (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJuly 26, 2017
The culture is very political and skirts the line on ethical and regulatory issues. The CEO seemed satisfied, while I worked there, to just look good but not truly build safe, relible, efficient, and effective clinical programs
Pros
Some wonderful people work there and try to do the right thing.
Cons
Only hospital in a 200 mile area so you either do things the 'Sheridan' way or relocate.
Materials Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJune 5, 2017
My boss is the best!! We have a great team that works well together. We all bring our own strengths to the team. If every job was as great as this one there would never be an job openings
Fun working place
Unit Coordinator/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMay 29, 2017
Easy going with sometimes being fast paced. There are great people to work with and you never have a dull moment at work. The employees there are always willing to help if needed.
Orientation did not address actual working circumstances.
Case Manager/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WY 82801April 3, 2017
Orientation and training were inadequate for job preparation. I was not provided the resources or education on available resources in the community which would help me do my job.
Pros
Onsite good cafeteria.
Cons
Not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week. also, did not receive accomodation for religious beliefs.
Fun workplace.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTMarch 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with the elderly. I would serve drinks, set up the hospital trays, and dish up desserts and salads. We did all dishes as a team.
Good place to work!
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 23, 2017
Sheridan Memorial Hospital gave me a great start to my career just out of college. It enabled me to be ready to advance my career.
Community Hospital
Nursing Team Leader/Charge Nurse/House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYDecember 6, 2016
The employees were great to work with, very dedicated. The ED manager was amazing, very employee oriented. Level III Trauma center working hard for the community.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work and great coworkers. 12hr shifts with no real breaks. Good pay and benefits. Amazing management in my department. Coworkers are top notch.
A very progressive orgaization with visionary leadership
Manager of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMarch 13, 2016
This is a great organization to be a part of. The culture is very positive with a strong emphasis on patient safety and kindness.
Great, helpful staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMarch 1, 2016
SMH is a great place to work for. I just love the staff that I work with and enjoy being able to learn from those around me.

I also enjoy being able to cross train into different departments because it gives a great variety. Overall, management is also decent to deal with and if you are behind on any of your certifications, such as BLS, they work to get it finished/updated with you ASAP.
I love working with food
various positions (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMarch 1, 2016
I liked my job but the manager was hard to get along with at times so that made it hard. I loved being the baker. The chef and I got along good and he taught me a lot.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
bad manager
small comfortable facility
csp tech2 (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYSeptember 27, 2015
over all good experience very small dept. has some work flow issues friendly staff quite small community,knowlegable management
The job is what you make of it, great HR, management could use work.
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTJanuary 22, 2015
The head of HR is lovely and extremely helpful, great to talk to. However, my personal manager in the kitchen left much to be desired. She did not understand the pacing of any of the work, was an inconsiderate schedule writer, and was incapable of doing any of the work inside the kitchen. I think she often forgot that we were people, and would schedule and move job duties around in such a way that work became very difficult to keep up with and enjoy at times.
Both of the morning chefs worked in the office with the kitchen manager though, and were very capable at running things smoothly and fairly.
Most of the women working there had been there for a decade or so, and many of them were bitter and angry, which also made working there difficult at times. The tasks themselves were easy, but surviving shifts could sometimes be trying on patience and will. I know that I had nightmares about work, and so did a couple of my coworkers.
Also, there were some communication issues between the kitchen, hospital, and nursing home sides of management and employees. Most of the managers did not do much in the line of day-to-day work that their employees dealt with, and so could lack understanding quite often. Staffing was short, and everyone there worked as many hours as they were asked to help, but then heard a lot about how they couldn't afford to have people working overtime, often in a tone as if it were the employees' faults and complaints if an employee couldn't come in to work extra.
It was a very passive-aggressive place to work most of the time, and communication needed
  more... some serious help.  less
Pros
Free lunches in kitchen staff, cheap for other employees, free health insurance, great HR.
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, bad attitudes all around, overworked employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sheridan Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location