Sheridan Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Travel Assignment
Radiologic Technologist/mammographer/bone density (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 18, 2018
This place is wonderful. Not only for the work aspect but Sheridan Wyoming was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The staff at the Hospital was so friendly and welcoming, the workload was very fair and the Doctors were great. I have no bad things to say about this job
a fulfilling place to work
Dietary Aide and Cook (Current Employee) –  Plentywood, MTAugust 15, 2018
you are responsible for meeting the nutritional requirements for each resident. you are required the be patient and caring when interacting with the residents different personalities and disabilities
Pros
great feeling knowing youre taking part in the care of the residents
Fun and busy
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 12, 2018
We were fairly busy every day. We all worked together for the betterment of the institution. My supervisor was awesome and made he work environment fun.
I enjoy working in my department
Materials Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 8, 2018
This is a good job. Many things to do. Our team is the best I enjoy working in my department. Our department is a strong working unit. We have each others back and work well as a team. We are more of a family!!
Pros
great team
Cons
no windows
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJuly 30, 2018
SMH is a good place to work. It is secure, and as a non clinical person, that is important. The pay is average, and in my department there is no room for advancement. That is the one bad thing about the department in which I work, Over all, even though the hospital stresses a culture of kindness, many of the employees, particularly clinicians and department managers, do not practice it with other employees. Like everywhere in Sheridan, if you are not one of the who's who, you are nobody, and will go nowhere. If you can put up with that, then this is the place for you.
Liked working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MontanaApril 21, 2018
The people on the staff were very friendly, enjoyed taking care of patients . I enjoyed working with the staff and my coworkers .Most of the time it was an enjoyable environment there were times that people didn’t get along with each other but you canwork itself out.
Good
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYApril 2, 2018
I think the job was good. I didn"t have any problems when I worked here. I performed many tasks when I worked here, including phlebotomy. It all worked out!
Pros
Pay, Work environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work with excellent hospital and EMS crew
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTFebruary 27, 2018
Great Ambulance Service. We were given free room and board. I was able to work in Medical Records while not answering Ambulance calls.. Everyone was friendly and I was really sorry to leave.
Pros
Excellent equipment, people and location
Cons
Job location 10 hours away from home.
Loved it
Supply staff (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYFebruary 21, 2018
Everyone at the hospital was so nice and outgoing i really enjoyed working there it was sad when i had to leave due to medical issues. I never knew so much went into the hospital work place until working there
Great coweork8es
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTJanuary 31, 2018
Great coworkers, great small town, the surrounding community is wonderful to be in when they all come together. Not to much hoousing available but there is some cheap
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Lack of communication
Great hospital!
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 16, 2018
great place to work. just want a warmer climate to live. great management and culture
Would recomend this place to travelers and full-ttime personnel. thanks
Pros
outdoors
Cons
cost of living
well run private hospital, strong culture of kindness
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYOctober 26, 2017
great place to work, needs of both the patients and staff take priority.
very helpful co-workers, very happy patients, very skillfull medical staff. and staff had 24 hour/day access to an on-site workout gym.
Productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 8, 2017
My typical day at work was quick and I always had something to do. I learned how to draw blood, work with patients and use cerner. The management was okay, when there was a problem it would take some time to figure it out or it would not be taken care of.
Pros
experience
Cons
work environment
The culture is very political.
Quality Services Director (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJuly 26, 2017
The culture is very political and skirts the line on ethical and regulatory issues. The CEO seemed satisfied, while I worked there, to just look good but not truly build safe, relible, efficient, and effective clinical programs
Pros
Some wonderful people work there and try to do the right thing.
Cons
Only hospital in a 200 mile area so you either do things the 'Sheridan' way or relocate.
Materials Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJune 5, 2017
My boss is the best!! We have a great team that works well together. We all bring our own strengths to the team. If every job was as great as this one there would never be an job openings
Fun working place
Unit Coordinator/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMay 29, 2017
Easy going with sometimes being fast paced. There are great people to work with and you never have a dull moment at work. The employees there are always willing to help if needed.
Orientation did not address actual working circumstances.
Case Manager/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WY 82801April 3, 2017
Orientation and training were inadequate for job preparation. I was not provided the resources or education on available resources in the community which would help me do my job.
Pros
Onsite good cafeteria.
Cons
Not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week. also, did not receive accomodation for religious beliefs.
Fun workplace.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTMarch 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with the elderly. I would serve drinks, set up the hospital trays, and dish up desserts and salads. We did all dishes as a team.
Good place to work!
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 23, 2017
Sheridan Memorial Hospital gave me a great start to my career just out of college. It enabled me to be ready to advance my career.
Community Hospital
Nursing Team Leader/Charge Nurse/House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYDecember 6, 2016
The employees were great to work with, very dedicated. The ED manager was amazing, very employee oriented. Level III Trauma center working hard for the community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about