Sherman Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent
Maintenance Technician/ HVAC technician (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNAugust 13, 2018
I have seen a lot of negative things said about Sherman. But in all honesty I have not worked for a more friendly company. Managers listened, everyone was treated like family. The training was awesome too. Go-to head quarters, get paid to learn, and paid for lunch.
Cons
Good place to work and learn so much
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
I am learning so much and able to continue to grow with the company as they expand in every department. It really has been a great experience coming to Sherman, as I grow in my career with Sherman.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! Sherman Associates is committed to the training and growth of our employees and we are proud to hear you enjoy withing with us. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman and for taking the time to write a review!

An alright place with terrible management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 2, 2018
The customer base here was, overall, difficult. Regulars aside, it seemed like almost every guest had a bone to pick with employees.

Management was incredibly distant -- I was lucky to see my manager once every two weeks -- and most of the higher-ups had a holier-than-thou attitude whenever they spoke to employees. I felt belittled every time I would talk to them, and they hardly ever cared about issues unless said issue would affect the hotel's over-all image.

If you're looking for a place that will work you to the bone and wear on your every nerve, this is the place for you. I never understood how people who got depressed over their jobs felt until I started working here.
Pros
Nice co-workers, nice benefits
Cons
Very demanding, poor management, awful scheduling
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a respectful, comfortable, supportive, and collaborative environment. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

Fast paced, collaborative, respectful environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
I love working for Sherman Associates! The environment is extremely fast paced, collaborative, and respectful. I have had a multitude of opportunities to learn and grow with this emerging organization.
Pros
Pto, advancement opportunities, and collaboration
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment. We are very proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and advancement opportunities. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman.

Constantly told what I should do knowing that there are things that can't be changed
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Longfellow stationMarch 8, 2018
as a maintenance worker we all know that we can fix things and when you tell management that you need something and they don't do it that's not going to get fixed that's the example that I am going to give because this is the best Sherman associates is not a good. Robin has to be the worst boss I've ever had in my whole life she's just sticking around waiting for the boat party.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Dealing with someone who doesn't care
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

Would never recommend
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  DuluthMarch 8, 2018
Owner has lost touch. People in charge have hidden agenda.
Always short staffed. Using alot of temp help that don't care or hiring people that aren't qualified to do the job.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We consider our reviews an important outlet to gain insight about our company and have made note of your feedback.

Manipulative management that acts on person relationships
Front Desk Receptionist/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 28, 2018
The company does have some good hard working people working there but the management was very manipulative and was caught lying to me multiple times and trying to manipulate me or other employees. The management acts more on personal relationships rather than what is good for the company. The pay is good but to be treated like a dog after helping them multiple times when employees wouldn’t show up to work and lied to, overall not worth working for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management lack of professionalism
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We consider our reviews an important outlet to gain insight about our company. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment.If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 27, 2018
Its a great place to work at. The hours are fantastic, comes with awesome benefits and the other employers are just very friendly. I would definitely recommended this company
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are very proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and a fun & friendly work environment Thank you for your dedication to Sherman.

Wonderful company with limitless potential for growth
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Working at Sherman you are given an abundance of educational opportunities to advance yourself within the company. They invest in ‘you’ from day one and ensure you have the tools and support to accomplish your goals. If there is ever an issue or question, while on-site, it’s very easy to find the right person with the right answer. Great company overall and growing rapidly; very excited to see what the future holds.
Pros
Great atmosphere and coworkers
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are very proud to offer an abundance of educational and growth opportunities. We, too, are excited to see what the future of Sherman holds!

free
Security Coordinator/Patrol Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2017
with so many apartments and residents to assist. a typical work day could be so harsh on the feet walk and assisting the biggest eastern African heritage.
Pros
freedom
Cons
lunch
December 1, 2017

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates and are getting your daily exercise.

Great People that are NOT Corprate
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Sherman Associates with the people on site. The corporate office seem to be so far away and above everyone else. They seem to need to be in everyone business and how things should be handled on site when they are not even close to being on site or working with customers. The support you get from the corporate office is non existent. The regional and director of property management have been off the front lines for so long that they do not remember what it is like trying to uphold the policies and procedures of the company. The fact that a resident can act any way they wish and disrespect everyone on site then call corporate and be given whatever they want makes for a hostile work environment. I hope this changes for this company so it can continue to grow.

Commercial Business
Commercial/Residental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 18, 2017
The commercial business office is closed. Job are being run by the corporate office in Mpls. We had yearly Grace Hill Training and had to take internet classes and pass tests by at least a 80 percentile.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor communication from supervisors
September 20, 2017

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your training and your time with Sherman Associates. We are very proud of our team members. Thank you for your hard work.

Horrible company to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 13, 2017
Constantly lied to by upper management and placed in impossible situations in which you are set up for complete failure. As a Property Manager, you have no real authority in your position to do much for your tenants which makes it impossible to keep good tenants around. High pressure to work 50-60 hours per week in a salary position and to take an on-call phone which must be on at all times. No extra compensation for required work performed off site. No room for advancement. If you have a high moral standard and an expectation to be treated as a human, do not seek employment with this company.
Pros
Decent health care
Cons
Unethical behavior in management, heavy workload, poor support
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are surprised to hear of your experience as a property manager and want you to know that your sentiments have been shared with our senior leadership team.

Horrible company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2017
When I worked for this company about 6 months ago everything was a mess. Regional manager would tell property staff one thing but then we would go to company meetings and hear something else. No support from corporate staff. The company hires basically anyone just to fill a position even if they aren't qualified.
Pros
Good vacation benefits
September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the feedback. We’re proud to provide great vacation benefits and training for our employees.

Great benefits
Server (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 8, 2017
As a server in the restaurant located in the Sheraton Hotel, we get benefits with half off food and discounted hotel rooms all around the world. Management is very great as they work with students on their schedules.
September 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Sheraton Duluth Hotel. We’re proud to provide flexible scheduling for students and great benefits. Thank you for the review.

Wonderful Company to Work For
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
I love working at Sherman Associates!
- Great opportunities for advancement
- Committed to values and mission
- Senior Management is well respected and knowledgeable
- The people are so friendly
- Growing company with much to look forward to
- Competitive compensation
- Culture is fun (holiday parties, happy hours, etc.)
- George Sherman is a humble and strong leader
- Typical benefits
- Free parking, on-site gym, education reimbursements, etc.
September 22, 2017

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We have shared your feedback with our upper management.

Sherman
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2017
If you are not an employee of the corporate office, you are not valued as an employee. They do offer PTO and a relaxed dress code. However, the security for their section 8 properties are very limited.
Small company with great culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2016
I had a wonderful manager who helped me advance my skills. I enjoyed the small company culture and Niche aspect of affordable housing
Awesome
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 22, 2016
I used to work morning shift from 8am to 4:30pm. there were two weeks slow but Other two weeks were very tough. We used to work moving tenants to a new locations until their house were remodeled.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
dust
Great to their employees
Property Manager and Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indpendence, MOMarch 30, 2016
I love Sherman Associates and the entire culture of their company. They value their employees and work hard to train their staff and keep them happy. Upper Management is very approachable and knowledgeable.
Pros
If you work hard you are respected and treated well
Cons
Growing rapidly in other states but not MO currently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherman Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight