Sherman Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Untapped potential
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 24, 2019
A company that needs to take time to know it's employees personally and not by metrics. They will find untapped potential, loyalty, and begin to experience employee retention.
Pros
Some great people.
Cons
Upper management disconnect from rest of team.
February 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value the opinions of those who have worked for us. We want you to know your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a professional, supportive, respectful and collaborative environment for our employees. If you would like to discuss further, we encourage you to reach out to the Human Resources team by calling 612.332.3000.

I was hired to Manage a single hotel project and this was completed within a year.
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2019
Sherman Associates is primarily a commercial real estate developer and recently began developing hotels. Sherman Associates continues to learn the operational side of this business although they are very good at property development. I enjoyed my time with Sherman Associates and provided the expertise that they needed for Hotel Development Project management for the Holiday Inn Express Des Moines IA.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Lack of Hotel Operation knowledge.
February 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working at Sherman Associates. We are proud of the development of a Holiday Inn Express in late 2014 as part of the Gray’s Landing development in downtown Des Moines. Since the hotel opened in early 2016, it has continued to be a quality hotel attractive to a variety of travelers. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Aloft hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  900 WashingtonJanuary 19, 2019
Muy bueno buenos compañeros. Trabaje a gusto. Trabaje de housekeeping una compañía buena.
Pros
Si
Cons
Si
February 4, 2019

Gracias por tu evaluación ¡Nos complace escuchar que disfruta trabajar con Sherman Associates! ¡Gracias por su dedicación a Sherman!

Poor upper management even in HR
Roving Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Upper management does not treat employees fairly or as human, just a number and if you are not their favorite number you will be treated badly. Lots of racism and favoritism. Most of all the lies and twisting of company rules by VPs and Directors tell you.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Lies and snake like attitude from VPs and Directors
February 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value the opinions of those who have worked for us. We want you to know your sentiments have been shared with our leadership team. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a professional, transparent, respectful and collaborative environment for our employees. If you would like to discuss further, we encourage you to reach out to the Human Resources team by calling 612.332.3000.

Bad Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2018
Do not work for this company
They don't [provide training
They don't give you support
or tools to do your job
I do not recommend this company at all
December 10, 2018

Love it!
Regional Director of Property Management (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2018
I enjoy the exchange of ideas and the creativity of my role as it expands and as I grow within the organization. Our company serves a great need in affordable housing and that is very important to me personally. Our owner is invested 100% and truly walks the walk of the company's mission statement.
Pros
Work life balance, Team building activities, and Resident engagement, volunteer events
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with Sherman Associates! We are very proud of our growth opportunities, mission statement, teamwork and community involvement. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman!

Worst place to live and work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-SaintNovember 2, 2018
I work at Sherman and don’t recommend anyone living there. Worst place to live and work, not a place e at Sherman you can call home. Many other better rentals out there.
Pros
Cons
Everything especially my supervisor
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a respectful, comfortable, and supportive environment for both our residents and employees. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

Excellent
Maintenance Technician/ HVAC technician (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNAugust 13, 2018
I have seen a lot of negative things said about Sherman. But in all honesty I have not worked for a more friendly company. Managers listened, everyone was treated like family. The training was awesome too. Go-to head quarters, get paid to learn, and paid for lunch.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! Sherman is committed to the training and growth of our employees. We are excited to hear you enjoyed working at Sherman Associates. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman and for taking the time to write a review!

Good place to work and learn so much
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
I am learning so much and able to continue to grow with the company as they expand in every department. It really has been a great experience coming to Sherman, as I grow in my career with Sherman.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! Sherman Associates is committed to the training and growth of our employees and we are proud to hear you enjoy withing with us. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman and for taking the time to write a review!

An alright place with terrible management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 2, 2018
The customer base here was, overall, difficult. Regulars aside, it seemed like almost every guest had a bone to pick with employees.

Management was incredibly distant -- I was lucky to see my manager once every two weeks -- and most of the higher-ups had a holier-than-thou attitude whenever they spoke to employees. I felt belittled every time I would talk to them, and they hardly ever cared about issues unless said issue would affect the hotel's over-all image.

If you're looking for a place that will work you to the bone and wear on your every nerve, this is the place for you. I never understood how people who got depressed over their jobs felt until I started working here.
Pros
Nice co-workers, nice benefits
Cons
Very demanding, poor management, awful scheduling
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a respectful, comfortable, supportive, and collaborative environment. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

Fast paced, collaborative, respectful environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
I love working for Sherman Associates! The environment is extremely fast paced, collaborative, and respectful. I have had a multitude of opportunities to learn and grow with this emerging organization.
Pros
Pto, advancement opportunities, and collaboration
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment. We are very proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and advancement opportunities. Thank you for your dedication to Sherman.

No more working because no money
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 26, 2018
No more working because no money, I am hired new but not wanting to keep working at this job when I’m being treating so bad with pay. Liking the busy job but I need the money I’m worth
Pros
Understanding my training and job
Cons
No money
April 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the feedback. We are proud to provide great training for our employees, and would like you to know that your feedback has been shared with our upper management.

Would never recommend
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  DuluthMarch 8, 2018
Owner has lost touch. People in charge have hidden agenda.
Always short staffed. Using alot of temp help that don't care or hiring people that aren't qualified to do the job.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We consider our reviews an important outlet to gain insight about our company and have made note of your feedback.

Manipulative management that acts on person relationships
Front Desk Receptionist/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 28, 2018
The company does have some good hard working people working there but the management was very manipulative and was caught lying to me multiple times and trying to manipulate me or other employees. The management acts more on personal relationships rather than what is good for the company. The pay is good but to be treated like a dog after helping them multiple times when employees wouldn’t show up to work and lied to, overall not worth working for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management lack of professionalism
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We consider our reviews an important outlet to gain insight about our company. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment.If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 27, 2018
Its a great place to work at. The hours are fantastic, comes with awesome benefits and the other employers are just very friendly. I would definitely recommended this company
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are very proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and a fun & friendly work environment Thank you for your dedication to Sherman.

Wonderful company with limitless potential for growth
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Working at Sherman you are given an abundance of educational opportunities to advance yourself within the company. They invest in ‘you’ from day one and ensure you have the tools and support to accomplish your goals. If there is ever an issue or question, while on-site, it’s very easy to find the right person with the right answer. Great company overall and growing rapidly; very excited to see what the future holds.
Pros
Great atmosphere and coworkers
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We are very proud to offer an abundance of educational and growth opportunities. We, too, are excited to see what the future of Sherman holds!

free
Security Coordinator/Patrol Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2017
with so many apartments and residents to assist. a typical work day could be so harsh on the feet walk and assisting the biggest eastern African heritage.
Pros
freedom
Cons
lunch
December 1, 2017

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates and are getting your daily exercise.

Great People that are NOT Corprate
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Sherman Associates with the people on site. The corporate office seem to be so far away and above everyone else. They seem to need to be in everyone business and how things should be handled on site when they are not even close to being on site or working with customers. The support you get from the corporate office is non existent. The regional and director of property management have been off the front lines for so long that they do not remember what it is like trying to uphold the policies and procedures of the company. The fact that a resident can act any way they wish and disrespect everyone on site then call corporate and be given whatever they want makes for a hostile work environment. I hope this changes for this company so it can continue to grow.

Commercial Business
Commercial/Residental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 18, 2017
The commercial business office is closed. Job are being run by the corporate office in Mpls. We had yearly Grace Hill Training and had to take internet classes and pass tests by at least a 80 percentile.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor communication from supervisors
September 20, 2017

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your training and your time with Sherman Associates. We are very proud of our team members. Thank you for your hard work.

Horrible company to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 13, 2017
Constantly lied to by upper management and placed in impossible situations in which you are set up for complete failure. As a Property Manager, you have no real authority in your position to do much for your tenants which makes it impossible to keep good tenants around. High pressure to work 50-60 hours per week in a salary position and to take an on-call phone which must be on at all times. No extra compensation for required work performed off site. No room for advancement. If you have a high moral standard and an expectation to be treated as a human, do not seek employment with this company.
Pros
Decent health care
Cons
Unethical behavior in management, heavy workload, poor support
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are surprised to hear of your experience as a property manager and want you to know that your sentiments have been shared with our senior leadership team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherman Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight