Sherman Dodge Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Managment sucks other empoyees are great.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 6, 2018
At first I thought it would be good place to work for but after seeing the turn over rate my opinion changed. You can not talk to management about Any thing having to do with pay cause if you do there is a big chance you might get fired or will get the run around till tgey find your replacement.
Pros
Cons
Health care managment
Once the Bdc department is properly managed, this dealership will reach its potential.
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 14, 2018
The Bdc department is out of control. The manager is good for marketing and worrying about how long until they’re fired. The individual in place to assist the reps is amazing. So much insight and experience to offer. Desk Managers get the job done. Salesmen are highly motivated. Under different circumstances, anyone can achieve financial abundance at this dealership.
Pros
Well experienced, knowledgeable staff
Cons
Turn over rate, Bdc management-or lack there of, lack of proper training.
Fast Passed
Used Car Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 24, 2018
This is a Mega Store there are no mistakes just sell sell sell. Store is set up in teams per desk manager. Saturdays its a zoo the store was selling 70 to 100 units in one day.
Pros
If you are a Pro this is the store to Sell at Lots of customers.
Cons
Sell A Car Save A Career
Competitive work place
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Sherman Dodge has a lot to offer, I worked in the BDC department, and it was relaxed but you had to be on top of your tasks. It was competitive, and co workers were friendly and helpful if you reached out to them. It was a great position for someone interested in sales and working with people.
I would not recommend Sherman to a friend
Technician/level 1 (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Typical day at work could be described as a mass chaos. Poor work culture and customers from worst neighborhoods around. Management changes too often to establish any good work relationship and communication,
Great place overall
BDC Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Sherman Dodge is a great place to work for. There is plenty of opportunity for everyone to make money. Good salesman. Great desk managers. However BDC managers get replaced far too often. Not enough security.
sales and finance
Finance/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 26, 2017
I was one of the finance managers who assisted with completing a customers vehicle purchase. I setup financing options and offered products to protect their investment, Fast paced and high volume store. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the work load on time and working the very long hours.
Wouldn't recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
Very unorganized, over staffed with tasks falling on the bottom feeders of the company. Those in the managers favor rarely do any work. Little pay for a lot of work. This place is Constantly changing management. The pay and hours are not good.
Cars
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 29, 2015
I love learning new things and working here always kept me on my toes. I've learned so much more about cars and the structure of a car buisness. I work with a great team and If you want to advance you have to work for it.
Pros
free lunches and good commision
Cons
short breaks, and no days off
Friendly people
Sales person (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 18, 2015
I receive my leads, Make phone calls and set up my appointments for the day. Sale car and run quotes. Talk to clients and put them in the car that best fits there needs.
Pros
bonus and commission
Cons
Long commute
horrible management
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 27, 2013
I started out as an apprentice and was treated unfairly by a service manager who no longer works there. Haven't been back and don't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible service managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherman Dodge. Our community is ready to answer.

Sherman Dodge Reviews by Location