Shermco Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2018
We normally have a monday morning safety meeting, about situation we encounter everyday on the jobsite. Management seem to always been available for their employees, they tend to work with their employee on giving time off for personal reason. They had no issue on finding a job for their employees to work on. Management key was to make sure that each employee took a training course to make sure that we was Knowledgeable at our worksite. The culture life was very mix, we at tend to get along well with on another.The hardest part was coming into the company not knowing a single thing about the job. What made it fun was hands on getting to learn and working together as a team, we push ourselves to make sure we get the job done in a safely and timely manner. The most enjoyable part about the job is something different from the last job, encountering a new situation and learning. Learn to splice a cable doing terms, ducting and testing Delta Y transformer.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
heat at times
Horrendous
Sr. Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
Horrendous place to work due to the culture that the managers instill.
All advancements and opportunities are solely due to nepotism.
Only family or friends are put into positions to succeed. I hired in to work at an office location that they didn't even have. I was lied to from the very beginning.
Pretty good Place to work!
ENGINEERING FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
Shermco helped me get tthe experience i need to get a job in the power plant industry. managment works great with its emplyees on personal matters and taking time off after big jobs out of state.
Great Training and company culture
Sr. Protection and Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 15, 2018
I traveled quite a bit the first 6 months I worked for Shermco.
I then was assigned to a project in Ohio for about 5 months.
The work pace was moderate giving us plenty of time to do thing right etc. Work conditions were mostly favorable.
Some bad weather!
Pros
Company provided training courses
Cons
No vehicle provided
Not drug free
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 8, 2018
If you have a family don't bother working here. This company will promise you the world then take it all away. Management lies to your face everyday pretends to be your friend but will stab you in the back quickly. If you work hard and looking for something in return you won't get it here. If you do drugs and fail a drug test this is the company for you. Shermco will let good hard working people go and keep the people on probation that fail drug test and can't get on work on time. The management has certain people they like and if you are not in the clique your job isn't safe. Managers will tell you they will go to bat for you but that's only for certain people.
Pros
Company truck fee water
Cons
Management & HR
idiot boss
i was supposed to be an engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2018
as far as i'm concerned until they get rid of the idiot that hired/fired me i wouldn't recommend shermco to anyone.

they are a bunch of idiots.........
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Review from Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2018
Working at Shermco was a pleasant but boring experience. Albeit, power isn't my cup of tea and Shermco helped me realized that. During my time there I was treated very well but the work was mundane and I had trouble finding any motivation to do the work.
Pros
Great managers and supervisors
Cons
Power line diagrams
Temporary Job
up Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Was a temporary job where the employees were push extremely hard without regards to personal safety. Peolpe were let go for what I percieved to be minor issues,
Overall an okay place to work
Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Shermco is a decent company to work for. The workforce is not very diverse, but other than that. There aren't any really big complaints about this company.
Pros
They provided employment
Cons
The assignment ended
Fast pace work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Fast pace work place full of opportunities and growth. Easy to move up. But just as easy to lose your job. Good place to learn mechanic skills. Plenty of benefits for full time employees
Pros
Free soda machine in break room

Want to know more about Shermco Industries?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Executive Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2017
Play hard, Work hard family oriented culture

Opportunities to branch out and work on various projects outside of your job scope

Activities planned outside of work

Company lunches
Pros
Flexible and a lot of opportunties to grow
Cons
Clicky high school feel
Upper management was great
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2017
Area management was very poor. No training and lots of promises that never happen. Upper management was great and supportive when you reached them. Maybe they should look into why there have been some many sales people underneath this areas manager.
productive
Lead Protection and Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 19, 2017
good people lots of travel long hours you get as much out as you put in tremendous place to learn if you want to advance and become technically proficient.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
I like the people and environment
Corporate Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I liked my manager and what I did. The workplace was relaxed and we all had fun but worked hard too. I liked what I learned and I hope that I can take those skills to another job
Good work environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Good work environment

Management was strict but fair and very supportive

Travel was often required

18-20 hour work days in the field were not uncommon
Demanding and Exciting Company
Project Manager /P&C Tech/NETA Tech (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 20, 2017
Shermco is a company that excels at many offerings in the Electrical Testing, Maintenance and Engineering Industry. Great one stop company for customers. Great place for employees to see, learn, an grow their skill sets in many areas.
Pros
Experience gained and compensation plan
Cons
High Travel and Workload
Good work good people
Apparatus tester (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here, good work, good learning, and good people. Very safe work envirment, everything was very good. Shermco you was very useful. Everyone did their job well.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Relaxed, fun family atmosphere!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2017
Shermco is a great place to work! It was time for myself to move on and give another Admin Assistant the please of working for Shermco. I enjoyed my time there and enjoyed my co-workers and managers!
Great place to be
MRS Tech (Current Employee) –  IowaApril 9, 2017
A average day will be full of work that will keep you busy.
Each day is new and you are trained all the time.
Management keeps you informed of all that is going on.
Workplace culture is upbeat.
The hardest part is to have enough time in the day to finish every thing.
That you stay busy.
Fun and energetic
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 29, 2016
Shermco employees were a great family of people. They were honest and reliable concerning their promises. They demanded you to be efficient. They liked you to be on time.
Never pressured me to do something I didn't want to or feel comfortable to do.Yet gave me great opportunities to excel.
Pros
Free water
Cons
n/a