Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 3,286 reviews matching the search See all 3,696 reviews
One of the worst places to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 15, 2018
No flexibility at all and you are constantly micro managed. The pay per hour is ridiculous. Most people work two jobs to make ends meet. The management is poor quality - they only care about numbers. They hire a lot of temps and there are constantly people leaving and then they hire temps and it starts all over again. They don't believe in respect if you do something wrong they scold you like you were 12 years old.
interesting
Warehouser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 15, 2018
was a good place to work always something to do. had the opportunity to meet quite a few people in my short time there. I just needed a full time job.
Supervisors playing the "get ahead game" and using staff as pawns.
Aerosol Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHDecember 14, 2018
Worked in the automotive division. My direct supervisor was awesome, but his supervisor just wanted to play the corporate advancement game by trying to look as good as possible. Ridiculous rules and meetings were all put into place primarily for optics. Nobody cared about the individual worker.
Effective planning and great sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXDecember 13, 2018
I was motivated by the fact that the manager and I were a team. We had meetings to plan the ahead of time and did our best to stay on top of customer satisfaction and increase sales.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Slow promotion, long working hours
Productive and Skill Building Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILDecember 13, 2018
Typically you are mixing paint and making sure that the sales floor looks up to par. You are also workong on stock. I learned about customer service and my work ethic. The workplace was good and allowed for you to grow and understand the company/ paint industry more in depth. It is a fantastic place to work at.
Good Work/Life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 12, 2018
Good work/life balance for Assistants, plus getting paid overtime is nice. Managers do not get paid overtime. Good management, but meeting corporate expectations can sometimes be unrealistic
Pros
Good Benefits
Well payed slave!
packer (Current Employee) –  Crisfield, MDDecember 12, 2018
No explanation needed. Shouldn't be here in the next few years. If you don't kiss there bottoms you WILL not excel no matter how well you work. Managers are terrible over-payed puppets is all. Front office manipulates every thing, the handbook, the forcing of overtime. Your basically a well paid slave.
Pros
Money I guess
Cons
stressful life. Just a number
Good company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2018
-You run your own business
-They need more focused trainings
-promote from within
-many tools offered to be successful
-sales goals can be a little high if you have a great year
Great pay too many hours
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 11, 2018
Work isn't very hard, people are really nice First and Third shift supervisors are awesome. the turnover is high bc of so much OT. training isn't sufficient injuries are frequent. Management doesn't always listen they kind of brush you off. I don't really want to leave bc I love my work crews
Pros
Great Managment and coworkers
Cons
Too many hours
Great Company
Operations Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
Good company overall. I really enjoyed my time there however it was not in my specific field per say. Wonderful environment and benefits from this company.

Want to know more about Sherwin-Williams?

Ask a question
Professional work environment dedicated to customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Sherwin Williams. The hours and compensation were very fair. I enjoyed helping customers figure out solutions to finishing projects most. I enjoyed the challenge of helping customers pick the best product possible for completing their projects.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
N/a
Perfect part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2018
A great part time job with flexible hours. Must be able to lift heavy objects and can't mind getting your hands dirty daily. Great community and good place to make connections.
Cons
No full time positions unless in management.
The paint company
Color Blender (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2018
It is a good company with good benefits and job security. But poor career opportunities and caring for the little man in the company that works hard..
Pros
Benefits, hours, job security, vacation time.
Cons
career advancement, no bonus for full timers, rude management.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEDecember 10, 2018
.Great company with plenty of opportunity for growth. If youre willing to relocate theres even more room for advancement. Paid vaction with 401k and EXCELLENT medical coverage.
Pros
Great career
Cons
good
Data Center Technician/PA (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 10, 2018
great working environment with great co-workers and excellent work to life quality. I would recommend this company to other people i know and others in IT.
Basic Sales/Service position
Third key holder (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 10, 2018
Reasonably easy sales/service position that required regular heavy lifting. Management was responsive schedule requests. Enjoyable environment for work although lacking in actual upward movement opportunities.
Great Company to work for
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 9, 2018
management is sales driven as it should be. This is a large company now with many subdivisions. You can get lost sometimes with the many employees and brands now working together.
Pros
great company overall
Cons
Work life balance can be hard
Cool laid back environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 8, 2018
Sherwin Williams helped me deal with & hold conversations with people on a higher level. Also helped me learn more about construction as well as the paint industry & how much opportunity there is in those fields
Depends on Management style
Part Time Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 8, 2018
Through my time here I have learned many things about the company and the job. Its at times fast paced, relaxed, fun, stressful but its not really that bad it all boils down to who you work with/for that will determine how well you day goes. The customer base varies widely from easy going to determined on ruining the day. The company provides great career paths But not so great advancement opportunities or a good work-life balance. Management usually never works weekends unless they have no choice nor do they hardly ever hold themselves accountable for the rules they set forth for everyone else. They put business needs before life/personal needs especially childcare. Now don't get me wrong they have accommodated my schedule for a few months so that i may care for my infant but with daycare availability for more days not being an option they no longer want to accommodate my schedule
Pros
on occasion free food, competitive pay, great career
Cons
poor advancement opportunites, terrible management choices
Great company with positive attitude, geared towards sales, customer service, and teamwork.
Hub Driver (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHDecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work was focused on sales, customer service, hard work, and positive attitudes. I learned the basics of customer service, delivery driving, and shipping and receiving. Management was highly-skilled in their role(s) and created a productive and positive environment. The workplace culture was great, focused on production, customer service, positive attitudes, and teamwork. The hardest part of the job was physically moving some of the orders to construction sites, through mud and snow, but that aspect truly was not very difficult. I enjoyed every aspect of this position, especially the coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight