Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
41.1K
Found 2,725 reviews matching the search See all 3,077 reviews
Very sales driven and customer focused environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2018
Working in the store can overall be a fun experience, although it does come with many challenges. Challenges would include

- No work/life balance
- working alone
- Long work hours
- working on the weekends
- many scheduling conflicts

I would also add that it takes an incredibly long time to advance in the company, especially if you are interested in transitioning into the corporate world. From that standpoint it is very competitive.

I will say that upper management can be supportive to your career and they are always available to help you along the way.

I also appreciated the continuous training that we received on new products or customer service trainings.
Pros
Training, flexible schedules
Cons
long hours, working a lot of holidays, low pay, upward mobility can be hard
Great experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COJune 18, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service by interacting with different painters and their clients. The skills I learned there I am still using to this day.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 18, 2018
Great place to work with very fulfilling work. Best place I've ever worked. Requires a degree to move up any further in the company unless has prior experience in store management.
Good Company - Just to “structured” allows little creativity
Regional Sales Manager Lowe's Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
As the title describes, a good and for most part fair company. Well organized and structured but very little room for creativity or “out of the box” thinking.
Fast paced, fun work enviornment
Color Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
When I first started at Sherwin I had no idea what I was walking into, I knew nothing about paint but I was lucky enough to have a great manager who worked through everything with me. I have grown a lot within my years here at Sherwin, and have learning many things that I will carry with me, such as the importance of cold-calling, building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Tough, Fast Paced, but Rewarding Pay and Benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 17, 2018
Typical day does not exist. Everyday something is different and you must learn to adapt. I've learned how to engage with different personalities. I have learned how to deal with good and bad staffing. The hours are attempting to fight the retail box stores, in which, you work weekends often and hours are always more than what you get paid for. Summer months include 13.5 hour week days, which will be worked more often than you'd wish. But the colleagues and fellow sherwin employees are a team and work together as such. I enjoy and respect this company. Retail hours as it is set up is the only downside I have. We are not budgeted for shift scheduling and the number of staff does not equal enough to compete against box store hours but we still attempt to anyhow.
Pros
Culture, Clients, and Constant Change
Cons
Long Hours, Fast Paced, Retail Life
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 17, 2018
Very productive it is kind of a shock when we do have slow days. I've learned about the different paint products. I also have had a good eye for spotting out colors that customers are looking for. I am learning how to handle customers personality and become a better employee and contribute to the team.
easy to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 17, 2018
When I started I had a helpful group of companies workers o help me though my firs 2 weeks . Now I'm in their shoes helping out people from other stores.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
under staffed
Sherwin Williams
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 16, 2018
I have had an incredible 10 years working with Sherwin Williams. The company has taught me many skills over the years for business management as well as character and personal development.
A place to find a Career.
LEAD SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 16, 2018
Sherwin Willams wants people to grow from the inside up. They rather give opportunities to people who have been in the store then elsewhere. The company has a lot of money and benefits are top-notch. The retirement plan is amazing; they match your 401k shares.
I enjoyed my time at Sherwin Williams and felt like it was a great company to work for.
Decorative Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work was productive and fun. I had an excellent management team that helped me learn my responsibilities, improve my abilities, and groomed me for management within the company. The workplace culture was overall very good and I would consider working for this company again.
Good place to work, better if you have a degree
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 15, 2018
I was a part-timer, everyday we would stock shelves, help customers, get orders ready for contractors. Sales such as super sale were difficult at times because there was not enough staff scheduled during the sale and customers would get frustrated at how long it would take to get their order done. I learned a lot about paint/stain products, prepping, contractor grade paints, and paint supplies. Something that seemed unfair is the MTP program. As a part-timer, it was up to us to train these MTP's coming to us straight out of college. The most unfair part was that we knew more about the products than the MTP's themselves but they were the ones getting to go straight into an assistant managers position. It was frustrating having to teach someone things just for them to be paid more than they are qualified for. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with customers and being able to help them make difficult decisions regarding their color choices in/on their homes. On the upper hand, if you do have a degree then this job would benefit you.
Good pay management was ehh.
Paint mixer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 14, 2018
They only follow safety polices when they are being inspected. When there’s a surprise in spection it becomes your fault that things aren’t in proper order. My direct supervisory told me one thing and the plant manager would say another. They also show favoritism. A lot of it. It’s not a horrible place to work but management could be a lot better.
Pros
Company gives free lunch after safety goals are met. Pay
Cons
20 min breaks, awful plant manager, only safe when convient
Overall good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJune 14, 2018
Working at SW you had your slow days and fast days like everywhere else, pay was good for the job,my manager was AWESOME, only thing is i wish we could of wore jeans.
Good Benefits, good pay
Territory Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJune 14, 2018
Tough Culture. Only the strong survive.

Need to increase sales 15% every year to make budget. You fail to make budget two years in a row and you are in trouble.

I was hounded out of the company the by new Sales Manager 3 months short of my 62nd birthday so I could not retire, or collect my bonus, or take my trip. I was up 30% and had my 4th Presidents Club in the bag. None of that mattered.
they need to give more full time positions
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 13, 2018
This company is bad to work for because they don't make just anyone full time. you need to have a college degree to have a full time job at Sherwin Williams.
Absolutely loved working for this company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working for this company. It was a great opportunity for me to start my career and develop necessary skillsets to continue building a solid professional foundation.
Professional and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  3051 E Semoran Blvd, Apopka FL 32703June 13, 2018
Sherwin Williams 3051 E Semoran Blvd
Apopka, FL 32703

There is never a dull moment working here.
We are a high paced environment with a focus to provide the best customer service. We will help make your color decisions easier.
Answer any questions pertaining to your painting needs.

At Sherwin Williams we provide a family like culture for our guests and employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers walk away with the satisfcation of knowing they have what they need.
Pros Decent pay, good work life balance, allows you learn skills related to your job, less pressure is put by the management, friendly collegues Con
Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2018
Pros

Cons

It's difficult to change career path within the company, Not challenging, takes long to get promoted, management decision making is slow.
Motivational workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
The company prides itself on customer service. The company needs to offer better incentives to part time employees. Depending on which location, working in- store is pleasant.
Pros
Refrigerator and microwaves
Cons
No part time incentives or extra mile cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

39%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss