Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 3,520 reviews matching the search See all 3,968 reviews
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILMarch 19, 2019
I absolutely loved this job. There was never a single day that I got up and felt like I hated to go to work. I only left this job as I relocated out of state. I could have transferred to another store, but there were none within 80 miles one way of where I was moving to.
Pros
Great Company Great Benefits
Might Not Be What You Think
Williams, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHMarch 18, 2019
I worked here a summer in between college semesters. I learned an incredible amount about paint and related products. Not necessarily interesting for an outsider, but they gave you the tools to be an expert in the day-to-day field.
You never know what you'll get at this company: one day I had someone ask me on the phone what they should do to treat their 105-year-old oak floors. Definitely not something I could have answered prior to this job.
There is opportunity to move up if you enjoy this type of work.
The days are long - at least where I was. The store was almost always empty, which was nice in my opinion.
If you want to travel, you can work your way up to be a district manager and make a decent living and have a nice time traveling all the time, playing golf with other people in the business, etc. That was the usual for our district guy.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion, slow-pace, easy work
Cons
Low pay if you're not in management/ just starting out
If I could put a quarter star I would.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 18, 2019
One of the worst places I’ve ever worked at. The location in vista you handle everything just like the manager but get paid next to $10.50 an hour after all of the money they basically take from you for “retirement” not close to the $12 an hour they promise. No advancement possibilities, terrible coworkers, even worse customers. If you work at night you better know how to fluidly speak Spanish. Constant “accidents” with the cash deposit. I could go on and on.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Great place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Sherwin-Williams working with my co-workers and managers, It was a small team but, it felt like a family at work.

The work pace can differ at times, but you always stayed busy and always had something you could do. The manager (I will not give names) was a go getter and a hard working guy, but he sometimes could be over barring. He is a great guy to work for non the less, he will stick his neck out for you and would give you the shirt off his back, but he is a boss first and a friend second.

The co-workers/assistant managers I worked with were great, they made you feel welcome and would help you with anything you had questions about.

As a sales Associate you would come in around 7am/8am and help get the morning crowd in and out, during the evenings you will stock and take care of customers and sales. If it isn't busy, all associates will work on putting away stock upfront and in the back of the store.

During the end of the day the associate who is key holder will, sweep and mop the store, empty trash, clean the counters and then count the money, you will deposit the money for that day at the bank before you go home.
Pros
Great atmosphere, will work with your schedule
Cons
Low chance of advancement
Great pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Crisfield, MDMarch 18, 2019
I loved the job just when they started working 7 day a week it was exhausting but great fast past work I loved that hopefully I can get back in there.
awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 18, 2019
I had a wonderful experience working for the company. The knowledge I received from this company was well worth the job opportunity I was given. I would recommend this job.
Pros
sales experience
Cons
not enough full time opportunities
Productive and fun atmosphere
MTP Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2019
The best store manger you could ask for, made the workdays fun while also being able to perform store duties. If you hit monthly goals you were rewarded with lunches etc.
Pros
free lunches
Easy straightforward job to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 18, 2019
Very easy straightforward job. low stress and great team to work with. The only con I could think of was finding out that my mail counterpart who started working after me was making .50 cents more than i was
Easy going and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIMarch 18, 2019
Recommend this job to anyone. Whether your in college or not they are very diverse and the managers are very flexible with hours. Very happy working here.
Pros
Gripe with the company
Cons
N/a
I was happiest when my managers would let me work on my own.
Scientist/chemist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2019
I received 4 promotions while there eventually to scientist. I saved the company ~$ 300,000 in developing Duration Home still sold. I was also project leader for the development of Resilience, an outdoor paint that would not wash off 30 minutes after applying.
Pros
Did volunteer work once a year
Cons
During end of my career there were people who became managers and higher who were not technical.
Sales Associate
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMarch 16, 2019
The general manager of the store was very respectable. You could obviously tell he worked very hard to keep his store running and the business flowing. The other employees are great to work with as well. There were issues with the hours I was given due to issues with the schedule. Other than that I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Location, Free Coffee, Customers
Cons
Hours, Customers
It was just a temp
SERVICE ASSOCIATE/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2019
Just needed to have a job for my newborn, the job wasn't amazing or anything. I dealth with a lot of people who barely spoke english and it was a struggle to get them exactly what they wanted.
good place to work with good benefits
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 16, 2019
Great place to work with good benefits. The management team was good for the most part. Was a very team-oriented environment and fast-paced. There will be lots of overtime.
Sometimes stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 16, 2019
Management is up and down, can enjoy with the right DM in place, districts vary when it comes to how enjoyable work is, DMs have favorites and are very calculated when making decisions on new positions, will interview you to just say they did knowing the entire time who they plan to put in the positions that are available, they are very manipulative. right staff in place in a store can really make you enjoy what you do but if not its horrible! greatest lesson learned from this company is professionalism
Solid company high pay
Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2019
Sherwin is a good company to work for. Being in management is challenging though. Long hours not much work life balance but pay is excellent. Only retailer I know that pays that well.
Pros
High earning potential
Cons
Work life balance
Good Part-Time Job
ASSOCIATE/COLOR ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 16, 2019
This company has good benefits even for part-timers. In fact, this is the only part time job I've had that has benefits for part time employees. They have opportunities for career growth, and raises. However, this job can be fast paced and a little hectic at times. If you take time to learn the products, you will be fine.
Pros
Benefits, career opportunities
A great company to work for.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2019
A great company to work for, if your a industrial maintenance mechanic the variety of work is known. The benefits are great, but the salary has a ways to catch with the industry.
Pros
Benifets
Cons
Salary
Large company that lets stores run like franchises
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2019
The learning curves in the company are pretty steep, but once you got it, you got it. Upper management lights fires under your butts to increase sales and decrease costs, like I imagine a lot of large publicly owned companies do. Decent company to work for. If you drink the koolaid you're sure to succeed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Managers can get overworked and underrecognized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2019
Good place to work, just the pressure to keep the store open is on the management, without any help from superiors. Good getting to know customers and the freedom.
Pros
easy, good money
Cons
no employees
Meet Different People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 14, 2019
Good opportunity to meet different people from all walks of life. Good environment to work in meeting co-workers with ambition and drive to succeed and move forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sherwin-Williams.

Powered by Comparably