Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 3,159 reviews matching the search See all 3,557 reviews
Go Underdog
Decorative Product Specialist (DPS) (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHOctober 22, 2018
I started at Sherwin when the Decorative Product Specialist program was in it's very early stages. There were still kinks that had to be dealt with and the hours varied due to lack of customer base knowledge of the program. It was all mostly by referral. Though it was very educational, the experience was well worth it. Working with new people and getting to work on a schedule that worked for me was imperative since I was still in school. The training and flexibility were the key factors as to why I enjoyed the job. Lack of hours and pay was the reason why I had to leave.
Not a lot of opportunity form advancement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAOctober 22, 2018
This is a daily grind type of job. You'll do the same thing everyday. The work isn't challenging and there's little opportunity for advancement. It's a safe/stable job, but if you're looking for more, it's not for you.
Ok job
Lead Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2018
They are ok low pay. Didn't like that job had to drive to tulsa everyday. Didn't want to pay the employees that much. Tulsa district wasn't too good and still not.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No advancement unless give your life to. Job
Very busy and productive workplace
Driver / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALOctober 22, 2018
Loved working for sherwin Williams it was a great experience and a great job. Interacting with the customers every day, and working with my fellow employees was a great time.
Pros
They really take care of their employees
Cons
Some of the people you work with
It was okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZOctober 22, 2018
Long days, long hours, often with minimal staff. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet for twelve hour days and often more than 50 hours in a week
Easy and fun sale clerk job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Hill, PAOctober 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at a SW retail store. I liked teaching the DIY customers how to prep and paint their homes. I also like interacting with the contractors and finding the best solution to their problems.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tring to keep busy during slow times
Statesville, NC
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville NCOctober 21, 2018
Statesville was originally Valspar. Really thought things will change for the better, it really has gotten worst since being an addition to SW. We were a much much smaller warehouse and staffing group than most original SW sites. We work our tails off 7 days a week 10-12 hrs every day for 3 months straight before getting caught up. Money is great, but personal and family time is hardly ever there. Work here in Statesville for over 6 years now, it almost repeats itself every year. Work your tail off the first 1-9 months, then almost jobless for the rest of the year. Just a paint nature I suppose.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much OT, bearly see my family
nice place with a coffee machine.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2018
sherwin williams was indeed a positive enovironment, the customers and employers make u wanna get up each day and present your self to work without a doubt.
Pros
its a good career path.
Cons
the requirements needed to be apart of management.
Sales Intern
Management/Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2018
Had the opportunity to sell to both DIY customers and contractors. By being able to sell to the different customers, I was able to tailer my selling skills to each individual customer effectively.
it was a nice place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 19, 2018
as i went to work this company it was a good feeling going to work everyday to get my job done with no problem and finish my job on time and fast every day
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
nothing bad
Great Atmosphere
Decorator (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAOctober 18, 2018
My experience working with Sherwin Williams was good. Staff was polite, management was fair. Clean and fun to work with clients on consulting colors for their projects.
Pros
Product and Training Is Huge.
Cons
Not many hours
Laid back job
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXOctober 18, 2018
Great company and products but I wish full-time positions were available. Management at the Jersey Village location needs improvement but other than that, I enjoyed working there.
Great paying job.
Warehouse Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 18, 2018
Great paying job with what you have to do. Got along with everyone there for the most part. Great opportunity for overtime and double time. Good work environment.
Pretty cool place to work
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dale City, VAOctober 18, 2018
Management was great, gets super busy in the mornings, you have to be able to lift and move heavy stuff a lot. Not enough hours or team members. Pay not that great for all the things you have to do...
Pros
nice management and team members
Cons
A LOT of heavy lifting, cutting hours, not enough staff
Great opportunity
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAOctober 17, 2018
Lovely company with great benefits. If you can handle being in retail, the management side of your job won't be bad at all. There are plenty of opportunities to move up in the company but you will be working 50 hours a week for a good few years before you jump up higher. It's worth it if you want that type of a career.
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
Harassment from customers, no cameras on property
A great Fortune 100 Company to work for
Safety & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHOctober 17, 2018
At Sherwin Williams, I learned to be a better team player, find new and interesting ways to recycle (sustainability initiative) our waste products. I learned to integrate with various cultures and build strong working relationships with Union Officials.
Pros
Great Boss!!
Cons
Replacement Boss!
Great place to work but very little advancement oppurtunities
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 17, 2018
Good people, good management! I like working for this company. Need better pay though. They hire good employees. Team atmosphere. All the management is flexible with your schedule.
Stable, Profitable, Company
Financial Manager - EMEA Supply Chain Accounting (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2018
Spent 13 mostly positive years, Until miscommunication during the birth of my son ultimately derailed my career. Finance organization could do a better job of truly developing talent rather than the shinny guys that immediately stand out.
Pros
Profitable, Goal Oriented, Winners
Cons
Boring because it's so big
All work no play
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 17, 2018
Sherwin williams is the kind of place you come ready to work, no time for horse play, I would say they want you to get the job done, but most of the time you can't get them to repair anything, it takes a act of congress.
Pros
Salary
Cons
It takes a act of congress to get anything repaired.
Nice place to intern
Software Quality Assurance Professional Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2018
If you intern here you will get experience and they will often encourage you explore career paths in your field by rotating jobs within the company. Some days can be slow though.
Pros
Quiet, flexible for interns
Cons
Slow dats

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight