Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

United States5,628 reviews

Found 5,628 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,418 reviews
williamspaintsherwinwilliamsswstoregalloncolorcontractor

Fun place to work with others and get things done in a timely manner

Every day at Sherwin I sell paint to customers, restock inventory, unload shipment truck, and make about 5 sales calls a day. I sometimes work open to close on weekends, and I usually close every night on the weekdays that include banks drops. Work environment is great, and my manager's do a very good job at keeping the store in shape.

Pros

Learn a lot about sales and paint. Hard work pays off

Cons

Too difficult to land a full-time position

100% recommended

Very good place to work, they take into account your performance for your training in the company, also offer you overtime, so they eliminated lunches when they have mandatory overtimes, they change health insurance often but it is a very stable company with benefits and a decent salary.

Pros

Good pay, OT's, annual bonus

Cons

Right now we're a few people and we have a lot of work, but definitely I'll recommend this job 100%

Sherwin-Williams insights

Based on 2,978 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company the name speaks volumes.

So far everyone I have met are very nice, no judgement, always willing to help each other, all is very good but I truly believe all drivers I/II are under paid especially since driving a company vehicle 8/9 hrs. a day.

Poor work/life balance…..

Overworked, paint shortage, but still expected to make sales budget. District leadership in Area is ever changing and poor quality of people. Pay is ok, but not worth it…..

Productive, fast paced and harsh customer interactions

A typical work day is selling, mixing and loading paint all day on repeat. Sounds pretty easy right? Well it is, but try doing that all day everyday with a line of people out the door, from the moment the store opens to the time the store closes. What I've learned is about all the different kinds of paint and how to sell to people. If you are not bilingual this job will be a bit more harder for you because of the communication barrier. You can get away with not being bilingual but it'll defiantly make life much easier. The hardest part of the job is mainly the customers. You're going to have to deal with people screaming, cat calling and calling you all sorts of names. Most managers will have your back, while others will not say anything and will satisfy their every need. The most enjoyable part of the day is two things, your coworkers and finally going home. In my onion I wouldn't recommend working here if you're looking for a full time job because this job is more mentally, and physically draining than you think. What I would recommend is having this as a summer part-time job.

Good spot

If you learn and ask questions you will excel. The store runs lean so you have a small core of employees. The job has great benefits for part-time workers and treats part-timers with value.

good place to work

it depends on who you work with. I worked with a great manager and coworkers so i loved going into work. however, the pay is pretty bad for the steep leaning curve that the job requires. and some days can be pretty stressful

Great place to work. Great people to work with.

My typical day started with checking emails and answering any questions as needed. Then I would eat some kind of small, quick type of breakfast. Then I would work on what ever project that had been assigned to be completed. Some days I would perform weekly or monthly inspections as scheduled.

People are nice, but the company isn't!

Most of the people you encounter are nice, but some are horrible (just like most retail). The people you work with are great. The company itself doesn't care for the little guy they are only worried about their stock and keeping money for itself.

good benefits, decent job

overall a good place to work. some days are boring, some days are hectic. the experience changes depending on the store you're at. great benefits though

Keeps you busy and on your feet. Not too hard of a job. Primary tasks consist of mixing paint and helping customers with their daily needs from DIY to contractors.

Lot of great friends, but not worth the headache

I had the pleasure of meeting some great people, but once it got to the shortage everything changed. BUT everything depends on the sherwin you work at. Each store has a different experience.

It’s okay

Sherwin Williams offers a lot of options as far as mobility and benefits. It really has the potential to be a place you would want to stay at forever. They need to update their policies to fit a better work life balance. On average I work 50-60 hours a week. It is exhausting.

Productive and fun place to work

Things got busy in the morning, midday, and end of the day as painters need their paint. Enjoyable coworkers/managers and conversation kept things exciting.

It’s cool

It’s not hard , slightly easy to manage , flexible with schedule , training is very easy , do have to lift and bend a lot so will tone up very easily with this job , pay is good , will start you off has partime

ok

it was ok and the was ok for the time of the job title i had in the year it was three years lots of time and work and paint so much paint there was a lot

Very productive if you put in time to learn, heavy load of responsibilities.

The benefits are great, could be better such as using BCBS, instead Aetna is used which doesn’t have many in-network doctors and etc. As a manger, many of the tasks and duties/responsibilities that drive the company heavily rely on yourself completing them. The pay was decent but for the work and time put in, in my opinion the salary could be better. Instead you will need to enter the trenches and fight tooth and nail for a bonus. Overall it is a great company that offers low costing benefits, good vacation hours based on years within the company, bonus incentive, 401k match, and pension.

Great place to work.

Had a lot of fun working for the company over the years, left on my own terms at the time for a better opportunity. Met so many great people who has definitely left an impression on me. Wouldn't mind coming back one day.

Alright

It’s just paint, not much to say. I will say that even though it can be a tough position, all the people that work here are very understanding and very very very flexible with time off/ emergencies. Cool people, physical job, horrible customers who complain about everything.

Good Pay & Working Hours

Sherwin Williams is a great place to work overall. I wish they would cross train to other departments. Case picking is easy and makes the day go by faster. I just wish Human Resources had more sympathy for employees with sick children

Frustrating

Passive management, short staffing, aggressive customers at some locations, unbalanced work environment, hardly livable paying wage, and a very strict dress code that endlessly gets dirty from the warehouse.

Common questions about Sherwin-Williams

Answered by current and former employees at Sherwin-Williams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sherwin-Williams.
Powered byComparably