Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Good
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  1300 Aviation PkwyAugust 15, 2018
Very good place to work. And the 401k is very good! The pay is good as well. The work is hard but really easy to get down when you get it. And the people are very nice.
Pros
The pay is good for waco
Cons
It’s very hot when it’s hot and and very cold when its cold out.
Fun environment, good bosses
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 15, 2018
Busy but not overwhelming. I learned about paint and other home improvement aspects. Management was qualified and helpful. The most difficult aspect was probably when large contractors would have massive orders to fill. The job overall was enjoyable
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2018
I liked this job. It was a perfect opportunity for me to see what goes on on the inside as well as the drivers delivering the merchandise. I would love to work here again.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Working
Part time long term with no opportunity for full time nor benefits
Decorative Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Loved the work, color consulting, selling products.
Must have strong back to lift 65lb buckets multiple times per day. The inclement weather policy is poor. They mixed my bonus at the time that it was due and it was months before it was rectified. I was told NOT to bring it up again.
Pros
Easy going if you do your job
Cons
No chance for full time if you are hired as part time.-
Part-time forever!
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 13, 2018
My managers have worked for Sherwin Williams for 30+ years they said it was years before they even got full-time, at least 4+ years. Even longer for management, I'm sure unless you have connections. They are very flex-able with hours which is great but if you're looking for full-time look elsewhere. No benefits really hurts when you only have 27 hours a week working every day mediocre hours with no promise of a future for many years. I hope to find another job soon.
Pros
Flex-able hours, decent pay (unless your part-time)
Cons
No benefits, too many years to wait for climbing the occupational ladder
Productive workplace with knowledgeable management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assisting contractors and DIY (do it yourself) customers with their needs for paint and related supplies and sorting through paperwork. I learned how to accurately tint paint and match colors in addition to sales skills in order to effectively sell the right product to meet the customer's needs. I also leaned how to effectively establish relationships with contractors through the use of sales calls in order to retain their business as much as possible. Management is very knowledgeable and has taught me a lot about how the store runs, including how to check inventory levels and how to request product when inventory is low. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied/upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to effectively help people with their painting needs because they are counting on you to give them correct information and product and it is my job to ensure that they leave satisfied and feeling sure of themselves.
Pros
Knowledgeable Management
Great job until upper management changed
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 13, 2018
Had a great job and good relationship with manager and then several upper management changes happened. After that the overall environment changed and it became more of a finger pointing, skapegoat game of chance...
production
Automation Engineer /Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 13, 2018
Long hours no heat or air conditioning .Poor management the rules d set for company does not apply for everyone.Rules only apply when they need to for management.
Be ready to work
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 13, 2018
stay focous on your goals. keep in mind it a job and I wouldn't not try to become friends with co-workers. Stay focus on your goals/dreams. this place is a business not a club.
fun, busy, relaxed.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 13, 2018
i had a great time working at sherwin williams.
The work day is slow sometimes but the customers are very nice.
Being kind is policy, and also being respectful.
the hardest part is remembering what paint type goes where in the warehouse. i enjoyed the fellow employee staff.
Fun work place
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 11, 2018
It is a great place to work. The team members help you make it through when you come on board. The work itself will make you exercise if you haven't before.
I do not want to write a review
Third Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 10, 2018
The job was fine. I did not make enough money to cover bills so I moved on. They do not advance those without a degree where I was so I was stuck as a third manager at $12 an hour. I was good at my job and worked the hours I was supposed to and helped the customers appropriately. Just cannot afford child care and every day expenses with so little pay.
Great Start up Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 10, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are currently studying or are in need of a part time job on the side. I was able to go to school and work here thanks to their flexible schedules.
Just ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 10, 2018
Sherwin is just an ok place to work. They need to focus on training their employees. ALL EMPLOYEES. Store managers need to make sure that their employees are watching the correct videos, and taking their own start tests. I have watched managers and assistant managers sit down and take the tests for their employees or even hand them the answers. If you want good employees that know the products and services and how to sell it all they need to do the trainning.
Fantastic Company
Operations Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 10, 2018
Great benefits and good people
Have thoroughly enjoyed working for them for the last 5 years.
Just look at their stock, should tell you all that you need to know about Sherwin Williams
Fair entry level pay, difficulty varies.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  WVAugust 9, 2018
I had the opportunity to work both a larger store and one of the smallest in my district. Experience varies based on management and the hours to be divided among staff. The company culture is progressive in policy, though not always in practice. In my area, SW took steps to discipline the worst offenders.

Experienced local managers understandably support larger stores, while inexperienced managers tend to occupy places with less volume. Many quickly move on in some form, making smaller locations very chaotic and inconsistent. As assistant manager of a small store in a seasonal resort town, I frequently worked alone and never had more than three employees of any rank on the roster.

You need to be willing to wear all hats and seriously see being behind as an opportunity if you want to be content here, let alone advance. Having a stable, fun, and competent team is not guaranteed but is the difference between a smooth or back breaking day. There is a lot to be said for developing a routine and just showing up for shifts. Job carries good reputation and training, plus many opportunities to network. As others have said, there are limited options if you aren't willing to relocate. Customers are generally grateful and work with you.

Strong benefits, stock matching, vacation time. Some very enthusiastic and good people, but challenging environment and expectations.
Pros
Better than average training, brand, contacts, and compensation.
Cons
Variety between locations, promotion tied to relocation/travel, high turnover, staffing issues, always another task.
Warehouse work and horriable
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 9, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. I work for the warehouse side of the business and they will work you to death. Don't get me wrong I do like having some overtime but they will mandate you everyday plus saturday if they can.
Fast pased competitive
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  DaytonAugust 9, 2018
You work way more hours and are not appreciated for. Worked 70 plus hours for months strait. And still got passed over to get an assistant manager. It was awful
Pros
Fun, customers are great
Cons
Work way to much
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAAugust 9, 2018
Sherwin Williams is essentially the McDonald's of paint stores. Except way over priced. They teach their employees just enough to sound sound competent and then have them sell their over priced paint. Unless you are management, the pay is terrible. SW expects everything from you, but refuses to compensate you for the effort. The district manager micromanages her stores and is a complete b to her employees. Only high schoolers or college dropouts should work at Sherwin Williams.
Retail Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARAugust 9, 2018
Great place to get your feet wet. Need to be willing to relocate after a few years. Seems like store managers get to their location and then don't ever want to move.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight