Sherwin-Williams Employee Review

View all Sherwin-Williams reviews

Compensation is average, Benefits are above average. Company culture is highly centralized and lacks any sense of job autonomy.
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 26, 2014
- Sherwin-Williams operates in a variety of retail, commercial and industrial segments throughout the global economy. My affiliation and knowledge base lies within the retail and commercial segments of the manufactured coatings industry. Typically, this involves working with commercial/industrial contractors and homeowners to achieve their professional and personal coating needs. Product recommendations/troubleshooting, personalized service and pricing considerations are the primary components of this aspect of my job. In addition, inventory management, new employee training, following environmental and EPA regulations, and the proper operation and maintenance of company resources are essential components of my job.
- The working culture within each Sherwin-Williams location is unique. Fortunately, the working culture within our location is largely based on teamwork. We all work together, as a team, to ensure we fulfill our job duties and assigned tasks. This solidarity is the most rewarding aspect of my employment with Sherwin-Williams.
- Considering the highly competitive nature of the retail and commercial segment of the manufactured coatings industry, the most difficult part of my job is finding a "happy medium" between our relationship with customers and upper management. Including the increasing levels of corporate driven micromanagement to this equation, it is essential to manage our time resources efficiently. This complicates the premise of providing personalized service and products at a fair price, while exceeding the imposed budgetary requirements, in
  more... addition to fulfilling the multitude of reporting and checklists required by upper management.  less
Pros
Healthcare, pension, and 401K benefits, in-store culture, relatively high job security
Cons
No autonomy, difficulty in advancing career, Top-heavy organization centered on micromanagement, highly subjective performance appraisal methodology

Other Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Competitive Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 19, 2018
Decent place to work, but management will micro manage every aspect of your day. Outside of that, I enjoyed the 7 years that I spent with Sherwin-Williams.
Pros
good salary, decent benefits
Cons
micro-managed to death
It was a great experience
Building Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 19, 2018
Oh my god I Learned so much in little time I will not forget what
I was told.and heard such a great company to work for I got other j
jobs because of I learned here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sherwin-Williams.