Sherwin-Williams Employee Review

View all Sherwin-Williams reviews

great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s).
Pros
the very thankful customers
Cons
slow days

Other Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Very sales driven and customer focused environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2018
Working in the store can overall be a fun experience, although it does come with many challenges. Challenges would include

- No work/life balance
- working alone
- Long work hours
- working on the weekends
- many scheduling conflicts

I would also add that it takes an incredibly long time to advance in the company, especially if you are interested in transitioning into the corporate world. From that standpoint it is very competitive.

I will say that upper management can be supportive to your career and they are always available to help you along the way.

I also appreciated the continuous training that we received on new products or customer service trainings.
Pros
Training, flexible schedules
Cons
long hours, working a lot of holidays, low pay, upward mobility can be hard
Great experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COJune 18, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service by interacting with different painters and their clients. The skills I learned there I am still using to this day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight