Sherwin-Williams Employee Review

View all Sherwin-Williams reviews

Great place to start my management career
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILDecember 30, 2012
I was a manager for their Westmont, IL location. As a company, they do a great job of turning fresh college grads into a managerial position. They have a great training program and are very patient.
I really enjoyed working with contractors and building business relationships. Over time, I was able to build trust and confidence in customers that did not want to even deal with me at first. A typical day at Sherwin-Williams consisted of mainly sales, whether it was servicing the guests in the store or working on call logs to build better relationships with painters in the area. Other tasks included scheduling, ordering or putting away stock, scheduling, and others. I learned a lot from this job, and continue to use what I learned everyday.
Pros
schedule flexibility, bonuses, coworkers
Cons
hourly rate, too much micro-management

Other Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
I worked there for a long time. I learned a lot. Things change and being able to adapt is important for all involved. Sherwin Williams had a strong responsibility to their customers.
Gave responsibility without compensation
Sales Associate Level 3 (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMay 22, 2018
Was responsible for many things and did not get the bonuses where should have, instead the manager did who was never there. Work hours were ok, but have to stay late if need be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sherwin-Williams.

Powered by Comparably