Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 3,756 reviews matching the search See all 4,225 reviews
It was an alright environment, if you didn't have anything to do you were forced to do something
Mill Operator (night shift) (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 19, 2019
It's a good place for people to go work at, I just had a hard time working night time. The pay is good and the raises are even better it is a good workplace overall
Good Place to work overall, the opportunity for advancement is almost non existent.
Regional Senior Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 19, 2019
I work 8am to 5 pm, there is a lot of emphasis placed on arriving on time, we still have to clock in and out for arrival and for lunch. I have learned a lot about communicating with the customers and collecting money on their past due accounts, I have great coworkers.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Like of modern techniques
Fine for a summer job, wouldn't recommend for longer
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJune 19, 2019
Management prioritizes profits over all else, leading to a culture of extreme competition between sales reps and at times questionable ethical practices.
Lazy coworkers, poor management, almost like working for doordash cant speak to a real human
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  airmotive way in reno by airportJune 19, 2019
This place is a wreak, if you have the chance to work here be prepared to work with coworkers that like to be on there phone or “chilling” in the back of the warehouse while you work, but don’t expect that you can do that oh no its wrong. Management is poorly informed, does not even know that things are happening right under there noses; because they are the main reason for it and a perfect example of that same problem.

This next situation is like working for doordash or any other self employed food delivery and if you worked for them you know what im talking about. At SW you cant even find the Proper HR phone number not even Payrolls number not even a number so employees can get In touch with someone to help you with anything work related, and if you do find that number be prepared for automated messages and if you don't get automated message be prepared to get an answering machine saying to leave your number for a call back or that that person is on vacation.

Also drivers have to use there own phone GPS that uses Data and the directions that are received on paper- work are wrong sometimes taking you to wrong address, be prepared for head aches.

All in all the job is not hard, but be prepared is all i can say. There is way more to write but i don't have the time nor energy for writing so much negativity, i think the positive is getting payed; that is if they can give you a paycheck in time i have waited 4 weeks and still no pay check, you have the option of direct deposit or paper check but paper check comes in the mail days later, in my case never.

I would
  more... never return to this place.  less
Treat employees well
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2019
Excellent place to work. They treat their employees very well, great benefits, good vacation time. Fair hours.
The management is very supportive of people moving up in different departments
Very fast paced atmosphere. A lot of overtime. Rotate shift every 3 months
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Richmond Ky.June 19, 2019
I love the people I work with. The job pays great, has 401k and stock programs. Awful insurance!. After 26 years I have 30 days vacation. Worst thing is rotating shifts every 3 months for 26 years.
A great opportunity to meet with new clients and customers
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2019
Setting up jobs for subcontractors, scheduling clients with our new products and making appointments for new flooring or helping them with a problem after instillation and making sure the jobs were done with excellence. I enjoyed working with our office team. We were professional and efficient and always strived to achieve customer service excellence.
Terrible management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2019
Hit goals or you wont make it very far. Advancement opportunities are unlimited within certain divisions. Expect long hours and few breaks. You will learn a lot if you are willing to learn
Pros
advancement
Cons
micromanagement
Great company but lack of hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 18, 2019
Sherwin Williams is a fantastic company to work for; especially if you are interested in learning more about the paint business, contractors, and DIY homeowners. It is entertaining and always allows problem solving skills to be placed when learning about each product and its preferred use. However, the only flaws I see within the company is the lack of hours given to part time workers. Being promised 30 to 35 hours and then only given 20 or less is frustrating. Definitely, if you're only being paid biweekly and receiving low paychecks for the small amount of hours worked. Yes, this company allows you to move up rather quickly, that is, if you have a four year degree. Overall, it can be an impatient process to wait for these advancements with little hours to live off of.
Business and life learning experience
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2019
Working at Sherwin has taught me a lot about business, from the small contractors to the big commercial companies. It has also taught me a lot about myself in what I’m capable of doing and how much I need to push myself.
Good place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2019
Sherwin Wiliams is a nice company to work at. Work is fast paced and with lots of learning opportunities. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with constant change and expectations from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to learn new things, travel and network with other managers. There is a sense of community and team environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
fun work place always something new
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORJune 17, 2019
great place to work for. can be very fast paced at times. manager is a great guy to work for always with a positive attitude. never the same thing day and day out.
Bad Job Work/Life Balance
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2019
they expect you to bust your axx and give your life to them.
However at the end of the day, your just another replaceable employees.
in addition to that they also have really impossible sales goals so that you cannot hit your bonus.
Should have never left there!
R&D Group Leader, Testing Team (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJune 17, 2019
Great company! Recruiter dangled a carrot in front of me. The present situation made me accept the opportunity. Big mistake. Great company, great people. Currently hoping to find a window of opportunity to get back in. Hindsight is 20/20.
Pros
Great company, people, opportunity
Checking a block
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 16, 2019
Just checking a block to progress to next menu. First sentence wasn't enough so I'm typing a second sentence. Looks like a third complex sentence was the ticket to meet minimum required characters to progress to next menu.
Good benefits, poor management
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2019
Expectations can be unrealistic in comparison to resources and support provided, good benefits, good culture, work life balance is difficult. Good for promotion within
Challenging workplace
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2019
A new challenge everyday. Must have common and applied knowledge to problem solve. Very detail oriented and punctual for deadlines. A solid environment to learn new trades everyday
Great flexibility, horrible pay for the labor
Key Holder/Sales Associate/ designer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 15, 2019
Horrible upper management, and no real chance of advancement. Constantly doing tasks outside of what I should have had to (assistant manager and managers tasks)
Fair and Reasonable Employment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 15, 2019
Added to the teams goals in terms of sales and store front operation. Spent several months employed while transitioning throughout my collegiate career.
Pros
Reliable Employment
Cons
More sales training would have been appreciated.
Job as sales Rep. was a learning experience, but as asst store manager terrible
Sales rep/asst store mgr (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2019
I first started general worker, applied for sales rep position and. Sold myself by being prepared for interview. After about year and half the enomony turned south and I was forced to go inside as asst mgr. Those experience was bad because of my boss(they didn't change my salary and I was making more that my boss) that wasn't helpful. He and the main boss then conspired too get me out. They did and I was bitter.
Pros
Working as rep
Cons
Working making more than you boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight