Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Easy work, good pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVMay 9, 2018
SW is a great place to work. The work is fairly easy once you learn about the products. The outbound calls required of management is my least favorite part, but you're only expected to do 50 per store per week. Good benefits, decent pay, good chance for advancement.
Great People and Decent Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 9, 2018
I had no experience with paint so I was pretty much there to do the grunt work.
-Put away new inventory shipments in the back of the store.
-Take out heavy loads of paint for customers.
-Use the company van to deliver or pick up paint. You'll be going to other SW stores and various customer locations including apartments, schools, businesses, etc. You'll be given directions but I'd highly recommend bringing a GPS in case you get lost. Your destination can be up to an hour away.

I didn't mind the work, but you need to be in good shape for it. You will be putting away 5 gallon buckets of paint that can weigh up to 30-40 pounds each. The back area can get very warm and humid, depending on the weather; it's sweaty and tiring work.

My co-workers and manager were great. Very professional, friendly, and hard working people but we needed more. Our store was very understaffed. The pay and benefits are good. But I wouldn't recommend this job if you don't have any experience with paint products. It was really overwhelming to try to learn about. I decided to look for a job I'd be more familiar with.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent pay, breaks.
Cons
Very physically demanding, understaffed.
Top notch global company with advancement opportunities
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2018
In store paint sales to retail customers and professional painting contractors. Paint business is a "time is money" business. The ability to problem solve is a huge plus, as well as attention to detail.
Love my coworkers
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2018
I am on the phones from start to finish. There are days when it can get stressful with the customers but it is part of the customer service field. We only get 30 min lunches but its our biggest break away from the phones. The company always orders from really good restaurants on holidays.
Overall
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 7, 2018
I learned a lot about paint and management with Sherwin-Williams Automotive. Its a great opportunity for new college graduates looking to gain experience.
Good place to work always room to grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMay 7, 2018
I liked working at Sherwin because it was a place where I knew I could move up in the company. The management at the store I worked at was great and I loved everyone I worked with. Most of the customers were awesome too.
Productive Sales Aggressive and Innovated Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2018
Great place to work with Great People! I have always felt like I was treated fairly and kind throughout my entire tenure and in all locations! Best company to work for hands down!
Fun and productive workplace
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 6, 2018
Great place to work. Fun and productive atmosphere with great coworkers and management. It was overall one of my best work experiences. I enjoyed every department that I worked in.
Pros
good pay, benefits, and coworkers
Cons
smell of paint fumes
High school drama
Manager (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAMay 6, 2018
I was a manager at store and I had an inexperienced assistant who was 24 yrs old and has no clue how to run a store. There upper management is a joke and they only like you if you can make them money so they can brag to other districts. The favoritism is unreal and unprofessional. They love turn over and don’t care about you unless your making them money the second you stop they’re out to get you. They try their hardest to keep you from getting unemployment at all cost even if they have to make stuff up.
Pros
Benefits, great co workers.
Cons
Stress, inexperienced ppl, upper management, and unreal goals
Discriminatory hiring practice
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 6, 2018
This company has a history of age and hiring discrimination. It might not be directly stated to staff anymore but the way they structure their hiring process to get around the laws and when was the last time you were in a store and saw a manager over say 30. If you're over say 30 with a ton of experience with a associates degree they automatically filter you out.
All mixed up
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILMay 6, 2018
They didn't know what they wanted to do half the time, no communication between departments, need better mangers,not enough people on given shift worked with small crew
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2018
I have enjoyed the work I have done for Sherwin Williams. I have learned many beneficial skills that have positively developed me as an employee and will help with in the future
poor management
Full time sales associate and key holder (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 5, 2018
I usually got my schedule for the next week with 48 hours advance for that following week. Manager and Assistant always were arguing over how to run the store with little to no resolutions.
Pros
earlier closing times
Cons
management, short notice schedules
Great first job!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 4, 2018
Great first-job I can ask for. Company has excellent culture, good management, generally all managers in stores are nice-hard working people. Systems are hella outdated, from the early 90s. They can slave drive you if you let them :P
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time I worked at two locations. Open the store. I was a third key holder. I had the opportunity to open and close the store. Management was ok
Pros
Learn a lot about paint
Cons
Lifting the heavy containers of paint
Pretty good work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 3, 2018
It was alright work. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst. I would have stayed if I could increase my hours to full time. They hired outside people a lot instead of promoting within.
Okay job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIMay 3, 2018
Sherwin Williams was fun at the start but with short staff and many deliveries needed to be taken it took a long time to learn about things inside the store.
Productive and fun
color mixer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2018
No matter how much fun we have we always try to get more productivity than fun but we are just one big family and we all have our problems and lifestyles but we still try to help each other out.
Productive and also long hours
Production Operator- Filler (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 2, 2018
Get a lot of sleep and always be on time .Also a great place to work good people management ok but not the best could have a better safety programs need more employees.
Pros
Good pay
Good overall work environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 2, 2018
Strong management that were good at coaching. They have many classes to improve a persons skills. Great retirement and other benefits. More travel then they indicated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight