Shield Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not good
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 10, 2018
Probalby I would not recommend anyone to shied. Culture needs to change. THe board of director have to clean out the swap. That way new idea are put in the company's culture
Pros
Bad Management
Cons
Good Workers
Great ethical company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Company itself was great to work for. My direct manager was uninformed, narcissistic and overbearing. This review requires me to keep typing even though I haven't worked here in over 5 years.
Pros
Good ethical company
Cons
sales management
Crazy
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 1, 2018
The president rules with an iron fist, his right hand man is a puppet. You can’t have any ideas or opinions because there is one person in the whole company who is protected by the president. Don’t make me choose him over you( per the president) and this protected one knows it and he does whatever he wants. The protected employee is at best is a lead man, he has no education in management, he was given his position because of pity for his years of service. All he knows is to get all customers orders out no matter what, orders are not checked just pushed through. That’s his way of kissing up to management, & he’s allowed to get away with murder. That is why we have so many customers returns. These are his daily work ethics, again he is protected, not even his immediate manager can say a word. Sad!
Pros
Descent/good pay
Cons
No one listens to your ideas
Dont work here unless you are desperate...especially in the warehouse, they do not take care of thier people, well a couple of them they do.favoritism
Distribution clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 30, 2017
You will be told it's a great place, but only being a puppet will get you anywhere, you will do a heavy workload so other employess that are buddies can have a nice day, they give the best yearly reviews to the same people, I know this because we would discuss all that after we received our reviews, bad negative place to be except for the incrowd who get the good raises...managers are in their pocket all day, spineless puppets and scared employees. Once had my manager say you can't get a 4% raise and the warehouse has to have a 3% average, well you can't get a 3% average without someone getting 4....and 2.....
Pros
If you dont work in the warehouse it isnt horrible
Cons
Work you to death, make millions and give you pizza and ice cream as a thank you for killing yourself, no room for advancement, total favoritism
SHC provides a great customer experience and thats about it.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2018
-Excellent customer service.
-Provides great education for referral sources.
-Very limited Health plan coverage.
-Success is determined by sales management liking you not performance based.
-You have a "2 yr learning curve" for you to foster fake relationships with management before they find a fake reason to fire you.
-They have the potential to be a major player in Texas but not with the current sales management in place.
Horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 12, 2018
The managers at the shield healthcare in Carrollton are very unprofessional. If you haven’t worked with them over a year they think of you as just a number.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement and favortism toward a...kissers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 4, 2018
This is a horrible place to work peons who move up to management are trained to be rude, and management sucks! Run away fast never work here if you are smart!
Pros
Free lunch as a cheap way of thanking us for working our butts off.
Cons
No room for advancement.
very good employer to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 5, 2017
Very good employer to work for. Management open to new ideas and employee advancement. Great benefits. Employee training was on going and current with changes and knowledge of the industry and growth of the company as a whole. The employee benefit package is very good. Little to no overtime expected.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long distance travel at times
Busy work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 21, 2018
I really enjoy working for shield healthcare.. I have learned so much working at shield heathcare. I enjoy working with our customers. Shield healthcare is a big company with many offices in many states.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 17, 2018
Managers/Supervisors are "lifers" and unless you kiss butt you will not advance nor will you be given a fair chance. Eventually you will not stay employed.
I worked in customer service here and it is very unprofessional with training. Although I did well I left this place.There are too many managers and employees that have been there for years and years. They are burnt out tired and old . Too many smoke breaks causing my work area to smell and there is way too much favoritism!.
They really need to weed out the old and allow some new up to date fresh faces come in and run this company!
Pros
schedule
Cons
Management is terrible

Want to know more about Shield Healthcare?

Ask a question
The most dehumanizaing
CNA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 24, 2018
It's hard to put the work of a nursing facility into words. It's the work that no one wants to read about. I am sad to say it is the most unpleasant work environment I have ever endured.
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 9, 2018
Straight forward and helpful management. Appropriate interview process, would definitely weed out potential problems. They have a board of over a quarter of the company having been here over 5 years.
Invests in employee training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 17, 2016
Competitive wages and benefits package. The company invests in employee training and development. Several office locations Work/life balance is reasonable.
Excellent company
DME Examiner (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 27, 2017
Just starting out in the State of Texas. Excellent work/home life balance. Great pay and benefits. Growing company. Start work at 9am and youre off at 530. No calls after work. Once you clock out, your done working.
Pros
Work home life balance, and great benifits
Cons
High expectations for departmental achievements. Must exceed expectations to stay.
Horrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 24, 2018
I worked for this company a few years ago and I have nothing positive to say. This company is beyond unprofessional and management is always micromanaging. They make you feel unappreciated and overworked. I wouldn’t want my worst enemy working for this company.
Cons
Micro managed and non appreciated of work effort
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  valenciaMay 7, 2014
No matter how well you do they have something wrong to say and management needs a rehaul.
benefits
Cons
management
Healthcare Claim Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valenica, CAMarch 8, 2018
Everyone keeps to themselves and no communication. Work like robots plugging away at their desks. Management likes to hang out with each other in their offices.
Pros
pay
Cons
Manager do not communicate with employees
Good Company
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 22, 2017
Shield provided an excellent work life balance. Shield also excelled at providing you the tools and training to succeed. I regret having to leave but unfortunatly had to relocate.
Pros
Predictable hours
Cons
Slow advancement in remote offices
Negative atmosphere.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoJuly 24, 2012
Divisional manger in this location promotes co-workers to talk against each other. Could be a great place to work, as it is a strong company, however most employees look for other jobs, thus this place is hiring almost each month for one department or another. No teamwork at all! Run fast from here, as you'll not stay. Sorry to see a company allow this to happen!
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
needs new manager to weed out the employees that have bad attitudes.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2018
This Company had great health insurance but the pay was not very good. The job was fun at times but also very stressful. I'm not really sure if I would recommend them?