Shiftgig

Shiftgig Employee Reviews

United States266 reviews
Most jobs that I have worked we’re very exciting and since they were always different it made it a lot of fun to see what kind of day it was going to be. Overall there were great staff to work for at each location. The staff at shiftgig is not so easy to work for. But in general it is a great supplemental income.
Pros
Create own schedule
Cons
Treated like dirt at times
Overall a good company but there are not enough jobs for my category and when there are jobs shiftgig definitely gaves them to their favorite employees first. Shiftgig is a backup gig and not something you can count on for daily income.
They just need more companies and manage better. I just feel they should really show up to some of the work sites n see how their employers are being treated.
Really like the job it just wasn’t enough hours for meAnd the people were very friendly I just need for hours really love to workIf they have more hour I would’ve stayed I like that they Kelp me moving around
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It’s a great place if you need extra cash but sadly it’s not permanent. If there was a way for Shiftgig to snag a convention centers premium services to be the exclusive holder for employees for every event then it would be a fantastic place to work. It’s too inconsistent currently.
Weird culture and atmosphere. Turned up to many jobs and they had no Idea who I was, who I was with and how I got there. There are a lot of other temp companies that send bartenders. I often just kept my mouth shut and moved with the follow so I didn't get home. When I first started with ShiftGig it was easy to reach out to whoever was running the job site that day. After a while, you couldn't even get someone on the phone. I would show up for a bartending gig (What is signed up for) and they'd tried to stick me in the kitchen to wash dishes or sell pretzels. No one cares about you when you get there. They treat you like a cattle. And shiftgig wont care.
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
unorganized, jobs that are a waste, or decent jobs that don't pay as much as they lead on
Hire supervisors from rank and file, promote from within, allow for more all-stars from same jobs.travel pay for shifts out of City and county, accumulation of sick and personal days.
It was fun to work the different shifts doing bussing,serving,hostess,loved meeting new people,the experience with shiftgig was great and I recommend the job to anyone
Pros
Fun
Cons
Some places are hard to get tono b
Shift work from an app, quick and decent pay, different team leaders, no advancement, no benefits, no stability, first come-first serve, no guarantee to work,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shiftgig?
Awesome workplace staff and employees I would recommend this position to a friend very flexible schedule however the environment is very fast pace be prepared to work a lot with little to no brake
Blacks have no voice in this company they give us all the slave jobs no matter the skills you have in office staff won't listen to you and emails are only allowed u cant talk to a live person they give all the work to family and friends of the team leads and supervisors and if a supervisor doesn't like you or there friend you will never see any work and if you complain they take your skills away or block your app this use to be a great company to work for but not anymore I've never been treated like a number just to work shifgig team driven company but I dont see it
Cons
most places dont allow tips witch is the biggest reason i left its hard enough busing and seting up for massive events but not allowed to accept tips should be illegal its just wrong
Flexible job and you can pick when and where you work. Very flexible, especially if you get bored easily working at the same location. Shiftgig allows you to claim different shifts daily.
Pros
Pick up shifts when you need them at your own convenience.
Cons
Not stable. You usually work a different job every shift!
I always had picked my own shift but the managers at that shift was very unprofessional. They will cheat employers and lie to shiftgig that there clients was not there and u loose money. Shiftgig will not pay you based on what was reported to them so they overlook you and listen to the company. This is overall not a good employer to work best to get your own job.
Great on the go job. Every job is all about you. It's up to u to pick up what shift that fits you and your schedule. Shiftgig is a laid back company.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Sometimes no breaks. But fun fun fun
Good paid company , fun places to work with , yes I. Recommend the company to a friends, I just wish it was a permanently job, or have jobs everyday .
Its nice to work with them, they are usually understandable & try their best to help you, also, the paid is good. I wish they posted more jobs, at least they let you cancel the gig if you cant go
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job offers to often
After Shiftgig moved one of there home offices out of Atlanta it became extremely difficult and strenuous to get in touch with someone if something went wrong i.e. pay shortage or incorrect hours being recorded.
It was generally a very nice work situation, I made my own hours and my coworkers usually was nice and trust worthy. What I liked the most was the consistency of work and money
Pros
Great staff, great hours, just a outstanding overall experience
Cons
You have to be very vigilant at claiming those jobs posted
Working events was fun, but exhausting. I enjoy working the Oracle type job, which are a lot of fun. There didn't seem to be a way to move up in the company.
fGood events, Good times, Good people and Good Money and Food. Love the APP and how you can manage to see work and choose days of work. The problem is I usually don't get to much work thru out the year for a unknown reason. Also one part of the APP it need to be fix, where you can add your experiences in a daily basics and take classes to learn within the company. Another problem is the contact of the company doesn't work. respond late or not respond at all of any answers about the jobs. I been only working 2 events and some I couldn't or I did not see in the APP.

There is some Traveling Events, Good to go, but the bad part is all the expenses come from your pocket to work in another state. the pay is $15 to $25 per hour, but you will come back maybe with $1000 or less of a week of work. They pay in the second week of the job. So, you have to be ready to have money until your pay arrive. But all the Events are worth and Fun. These is a good Company to work for. They can change and make it better.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Work Assigned and Travel Expenses