ShiftKey

ShiftKey Employee Reviews

United States295 reviews

facilityshiftcancelpremiumagencytaxflexibilitypick

Flexible

A common joke made among people in the human resources industry is that employee reviews are like fruitcakes because they come once a year whether you want them to or not. Just like a fruitcake, reviews are most common during the holidays—the time when the work has been piling up, employees are most focused on their bonuses, and their last vacation seems so far away.

Lots of discrepancy

Turn around pay is very low, if you call to cancel facilities can neglect to take you off the schedule making your stance as a no call and no show. If you get suspended on someone else's lies they won't answer your phone calls about any reasoning or tell you how long your suspended!

Pros

Cons

No breaks

ShiftKey insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Self scheduling

Enjoyed the freedom to make my own schedule and to see multiple facilities and meet new people and contacts. Plus the pay was good. Only downfall was the communication could’ve been better

It’s okay

They don’t take out taxes and you get sent to bottom of the barrel nursing homes premium pay isn’t all that it’s just you’re not getting taxes taken out .

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Travel, low pay, you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into

Amazing pay

Love it. The pay is great and you can negotiate sometimes 2.00 more on the hour. Weekly pay. App and website easy to use don't have to do the full shift you can negotiate with the facility on the hours you'll actually work

U pick ur own shifts

The rates and pay has decrease lately and haven’t been too many choices of places too choose from.What I love about the company u still have options n choices too work at different places

I love it

I like working for shiftkey.. good work/life balance. I am in control of my own schedule. Unless I'm canceled. But that has been slim to none. I am thankful for that.

Overall

I don’t like the fact that they don’t have contracts or do Contracts. I love the fact we can pick our own shifts but there are no benefits taxes taken out. working with different companies I see they are mostly for profit and pt. Care has gone down from like of care -supplies and staff. Also poor communication and delayed in care with poor follow up. I try to give my pt. The best of care but find I can’t do it alone. So went I go back to the facilities I find myself reviewing charts to find what follow care if any was given

Flexible

So far I’ve had a decent experience some of the facilities are nice and others make you wonder how they are still operating. Pay has been fast I advise you set up direct deposit because it takes weeks to get a paycard and you can’t do next day pay for weekend shifts anyway. Downside is waiting for shifts to be approved I think a lot of facilities wait until the last minute when staff doesn’t show up but if you commute more than 30 mins you won’t be able to capitalize off last minute postings

Nothing but canceled shifts

I have worked 1 shift in probably 6 months. Ive noticed facilities put a open shift on the job board everyday of the week. I don’t think it’s so actual shift openings. I thinks it’s only CYA, I. Case someone calls in. All my shifts get canceled. It’s frustrating and bad business practice in my opinion.

Pros

Good money if you can actually get a shift

Cons

Shifts always get canceled

LPN Nurse

Cancel shift last moment, all the time or after you arrive and leave you hurting on pay day!! No Benefits, no tax help and no health care coverage.Place of business Can send you home and then report you as a "no show no call" giving you bad review that affects job scheduling you! No support when facilities lie about dependability and performance of Nurses, but app does not rate facilities which puts nurses into bad situation. Shift key gives Nurses no way to pick safe places to work!! Shift key protects and allows facilities to treat staff unfair and provides no protection.Otherwise, good money (sometimes) and independence

Decent

Nice agency to work for. Great pay and multiple facilities to choose from. Only downside it waiting to be approved for shifts . Flexible and make own schedule.

Sucks!

All assignments are at least 85 miles away from my home base. No local assignments are EVER posted. They ask you to bid on shifts but always decline my offers. Would not recommend to anyone!

Make your own hours

You pick your own hours. Expect to work hard if the pay is good at a facility. Communication with the company is horrible if there is a problem. If a facility messes up your time, it’s extremely difficult to get it corrected and can even reflect negatively on your record. They don’t take out taxes so you must be very particular with keeping records on travel and expenses. Options for shifts and facilities have severely declined since Covid restrictions have been lifted. I’ve been told by facilities that they charge more than other agencies, but the nurses pay does not reflect that.

Agency work with less agent-contractor interaction

Multiple shifts and geographic locations available throughout the US. A good supplemental employment option for experienced nurses. Independent contract work. Limited support from company if there are questions or issues needing resolution. Shifts are self requested and scheduled. Pay is above average and negotiable for each shift. Weekly and daily pay options are available.Some facilities may cancel shifts or not confirm shifts with adequate notice or time consideration.

Pros

Compensation, schedule flexibility

Cons

Facility politics, late or no confirmation of shifts, inconsistent opportunities

Its okay as long as you have a back up job elsewhere.

The company would be better if they actually followed up on things. For example, I worked at a facility that entered my time incorrect and short me my money. I emailed shift key, they told me give them 3 business days. its been almost a month, nothing happened and i did not get the rest of my money. Secondly, a company sent me home said i had a positive covid test. I rechecked on my own and I was negative, even did PCR. I asked the facility to cancel the shift so i could pick up else where, and they did not cancel the shift until after the shift ended. Which i lost 2 days worth of income because u cant pick up while scheduled on a shift.

Work/life balance

Shiftkey provides the work/life balance I need. Gives me the freedom to make my own schedule all while making decent money. I’m definitely happier working agency and I don’t think I’ll change that any time soon.

Great pay

Plenty of shifts and it bases shifts off of your home location or current location. There’s a bunch of shifts in the Chicago area. The pay is higher for emergency and last minute shifts such as a call in or the day before.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Cancellations

You are a Per Diem Employee!!

Do so at your own risk!! You are a per diem employee. The pay isn't what it used to be. The facilities are trying to go back to pre-pandemic compensation per hour.

Good place if needed but Your definitely on your own

Its fine as staff relief nursing goes, but no mileage and most of the better paying facilities are at least 60 miles or more away, they dont tell you if theres anything that will affect you getting paid, like I worked a shift with no lunch, facility refused to approve it, shiftkey basically said work it out with the facility. This will hold up your getting paid & shiftkey does not bat an eye. ITs not always that they tell you if a facility has Covid. They should require this information. They ask the mileage on your time sheet but do not pay you for it, seems like they may be charging the facility if a nurse comes from far. Next day pay is not early, you may hve to wait til end of the day to see it in the card. If you want next day pay, you have to take their pay card which has an initial fee and then a fee everytime your paid. They also dont tell you they will deduct any lab or drug tests that they require

Pros

Flexibility of days and hours you want

Cons

Fees for next day pay for each day you work, No advocacy for you as an employee, in fact they tell you that your not an employee

Good

Haven't worked In a while do to them being 1099. They do work hard to get you into shifts rates where high due to covid but getting lower due now. Will

Common questions about ShiftKey

Answered by current and former employees at ShiftKey

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShiftKey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare ShiftKey with

• ShiftKey
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?