ShiftKey

ShiftKey Employee Reviews

United States335 reviews

facilityshiftcancelpremiumagencytaxflexibilitypick

It is just okay.

The scheduling process is ok. It’s nice to be able to make your own schedule The facilities that are contracted were not that close to where I live, with one exception.

Flexible and funds

It was extremely flexible some facilities aren’t that great but you can choose where go to work so you don’t have to take shifts places you don’t like the most I’ve made as LPN Is 51/hr

ShiftKey insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Best part i like Picking your days and shifts this job works amazing around my schedule with my kids What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part is if one of there workers pick up your shift then they cancel yours.

Travel cna

I loved making my own hours and working where I wanted when I wanted, but the company was not good. I could never get a hold of anyone when there was a problem with a facility or pay. And they lack communication. And their recruiter is not helpful at all

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

No benefits

Was Good For Awhile

Good if you don't mind being cancelled at this last minute. Facilities are short staffed and need agency but don't want to pay their own staff fairly and now the agency rates have gone down. Missed 3 shifts due to being covid positive and now my rating is terrible

Pros

flexibility, daily pay

Can make your own schedule

If you like change and are able to adapt to new environments. Than Shiftkey may be a good agency for you. My workday consists of whatever the facility needs. IE: Medication administration, treatments, documentation, communication with Md's families ect.

Pros

Can pick and choose where and when i want to work

Cons

not having a set schedule

Traveling cna

I wouldn’t recommend in the state of Missouri as their isn’t much work and you will have to travel really long distances, pay isn’t what it used to be so you end up losing on income and have to really be careful because you may not have work for weeks or a month at a time .

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No work

Will NEVER work a FT job again thanks to Shiftkey‼️

Im soooo glad i can across shiftkey a year ago! Most facilities are very welcoming & others are upset that shiftkey pays more than the exact job we’re doing. Work is ALWAYS available for CNAs you just have to want to drive 30/45 minutes sometimes. I love it & make very very very decent money that I’ll never work a FT job again and get paid every two weeks! Shiftkey pay is weekly btw EVERY Tuesday

Abundant shifts and great pay

I've been working with Shiftkey since August 2022, since then I've also been working with other agencies who offer the same type of assistance to the medical field as Shiftkey. I have found that nothing compares to Shiftkey. They look out for the best interest of the employee and the pay is better than all the others. You can count on your pay on a certain day and the pay is always correct, no need to monitor your pay. Personally, I keep other options open as a "just in case", but Shiftkey is where it's at if you're wanting to work for yourself, make your own hours and determine what you want to get paid, within reason!

Make your own schedule

Had good experience working for them as I’m my own independent contractor and I can make my own schedule and pick up shifts quick and easy!!! Pay can be daily or weekly

Complicated

Had to pay for my background check and insurance. Not easy submitting your time card, the employee didn’t accept it until they decided, called them about 4 times to resolve the issue. No one to answer questions. Feel that getting paid should not be so difficult. Didn’t receive a badge, asked about my mileage but don’t pay for it

Best part: they money

Worst part being new at a facility. Best part money and meeting new people. I really like working for them and going places that need your help. Worst part being new and sometimes people are disrespectful.

Competitive pay, work your own hours. Make your own schedule.

The company is a great place to work., Competitive wages. Next day pay,Bad: your timesheet must be signed and filled out completely . It will delay your pay day.

Direct Deposit

The only thing I had trouble with was updating my direct deposit info. Management put in wrong info. I wasn’t able to get paid for another week and a half. Some facilities also accept shift request last minute.

Pros

Work whenever you want and get paid weekly

Cons

Facilities sometimes accept your shift request last minute

Ease of schedule

Making your own schedule is the best part. You can work as much or little as you want and wherever you want. It’s very convenient for a work/life balance.

I love it

It depends on the person, but for me, I love ShiftKey. You make your own schedule, you determine your pay, you determine where you are working. There are significant tax write offs for independent 10-99 nurses that do not receive travel stipends and that is what the ShiftKey app offers: an upfront hourly rate, no stipends, and a 10-99. I like the weekly pay and how it shows me how much my check will be after each shift. There’s never any headache or issues. When I need something I CAN get a human on the phone during normal business hours and they solve my issue quickly. 12/10, highly recommend.

Pros

Make your own schedule, high pay

Cons

Hard to get desired positions, such as hospital work. Mainly offers skilled nursing facility work based on area

Flexible, excellent pay, travel necessary

Awesome opportunity to travel and make professional connections, while earning a generous wage. Work schedule is made by you so you have options to work at various locations. There are bonus (premium shifts) offered that are often significantly more than the regular shift

Pros

Premium shifts

Don't give out daily pay!

Horrible company! There is no one to talk to from shiftkey if you need help plus they do not send out badges or rapid pay cards. Shiftkey gives you the run around and no one there is knowledgeable

Flexible scheduling and work is always available

Great place to pick up extra hours for the holiday but you are considered an independent contractor so you are responsible for your own taxes. You bid on the available shifts and the facilities decide who gets the open spot. Decent pay and you have the option of getting a weekly check or getting paid per assignment.

Work balance,work when you want

Making yr on schedule, work when you want that's the good now for the ugly using your time to call the facility to tell them you just chose a shift so they can chose you, the next day pay its not til 5pm that's entirely to late it should be by noon, it's ridiculous that they take out the fees for every shift you work if you work a double it should be 1 fee that comes out they should not charge you per pay slip for insurance ,load card, absolutely not fairly and the facility they get don't pay u enough to go in and do 31 patients plus the mileage u put on yr vehicle.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Short breaks

Okay

Not very many options in my area, usually the places nobody wants to work. Pay is fair however the work is very inconsistent and you don't get notified if a facility cancels you or doesn't accept your shift request.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShiftKey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare ShiftKey with

• ShiftKey
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?