ShiftMed
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

ShiftMed Employee Reviews

United States147 reviews

appcancelfacilityshiftchoosepickagencyavail

Pros: Nice team, Nice teamwork, sometimes good bonusCons: Do not have room to grow

ShiftMed is a decent place to work. My director of the team and my manager are really helpful and patient. However, they do not have enough opportunities to grow. They do promotion based on years of experience instead of their actual skills

April 21, 2022
Thank you for your honest feedback. As we continue to grow, we value knowing how we can improve. Please never hesitate to speak with HR directly about your concerns. We appreciate your review.

Agency nursing

Travel facility to facility taking care of patients in short staffed settings. Experience varies per facility. Pay is alright but certainly not the best

ShiftMed insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment

Few Opportunities

If you are willing to drive very long distances you may request a shift infrequently. Very few options.The pay is not accurate. You may request 50 to 70 % “instant pay” after your shift. Two weeks later you will receive the remainder “25 %”. The problem is the base pay quoted is at the very least $ 10.00 to $ 15.00 less than quoted due to tax deductions. Which seem much higher than other companies.If you do not choose the “instant pay” you will be paid the following week on Friday. There is no “weekly pay”. Not worth the effort.

Don't waste your time.

Shiftmed doesn't have any shifts available and if they do, they're not at any good facilities. Shiftmed lies, they don't answer the phone or call you back,They're not professional, they're lazy, and unfair..... Do not work for them.

Cons

Shift med does try to retain its employees

I work for them since June 2020. It is so difficult scheduling shifts. Now I can’t pick up any shift. I get a message to call their 1-800 number. I called in December a spoke to someone from the office and apparently by December 13th they were supposed do a background check on me again after two year. It almost a month a still I can’t pick up shifts. They are slow to respond when you call them. If you text them its useless .

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Trying to talk to management

You are not allowed to have an opinion

Poor management and if you have any opinion you will be fired. They hired new upper management to create a corporate nightmare, while phasing out anyone with an opinion or anyone who would question the ethical or moral grounds of management.

Cons

I have the flexibility I need

I don’t recommend SHIFTMED as a good company to work for due too the lack of assistance from management. The payroll system is like a bait and switch pyramid scheme

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay, Communication, and deductions

Not so great like they make it seem.

They cancel your shifts without letting you know .. u justopen the app and the shifts you sign in for are gone. Also, noinstant pay at all.. u only get half of your pay and then gotta wait a week for the rest. It's only nursing homes which are hard work .... Not enough shifts in the Orlando Florida area....

Pros

Cons

Pay and the facilities

December 30, 2022
We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than expected. We do offer instant pay and hope you will give it a try. We would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding this perk at 1.800.485.9002.

Shiftmed

The pay is okay. You are paid half daily and the rest comes later. The benefit of working with them is you get to set your own work schedule and avoid problems

December 30, 2022
Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that you enjoy making your own schedule!

Broken Promise

The app is pretty good. Easy to navigate. There are hardly any shifts in my area. They advertise next day pay, but that is only for a portion of your earnings. You will wait 2 weeks for your money just like any other job. This does pay better than a regular job, but your taxes will eat all of it.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Not enough work to make a schedule.

December 23, 2022
Thank you for the feedback, we are always working to expand and improve. We also now offer Instant Pay™ for some shifts. The Real-Time Payment network enables you to request and receive immediate payment 365 days a year. Here is the full help article so you can check to see if your bank participates and learn more about this exciting new offering! https://help.shiftmed.com/en/articles/6629794-shiftmed-instant-pay-everything-you-need-to-know

ShiftMed

Consistent on pay.. have had issues with cancellations. But over all trust to get your pay on time. Same day pay.. if facility send you home.. they pay you. Nice happened 2 times.

Pros

Facility sends you home.. they pay you..

Cons

Cancellations like everywhere.

December 23, 2022
Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We are actively contracting with more facilities to provide a wider variety of shifts available. Some of our facilities offer Guaranteed Shifts, in which case you would be paid whether the facility cancels or not. We recommend these. Thank you for your feedback as we continue to improve and create new options for our valued health care providers.

Growth,

It a good place to work with a chance to grow. Pay is ok but high call volume. Ever charging rules so you have to pay attention to them. Your hardwork is recognized.

December 23, 2022
Thank you for the feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed growth opportunities with ShiftMed!

What is the best part of working at the company?Always work available What is the most stressful part about working at the company?App problems What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I'm always in the field What is a typical day like for you at the company?I am never in their office

December 16, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying working with ShiftMed.

Going into my third year as a Shiftmed Employee

This is a legit app based company. I’ve never had a problem with pay or employee verification. Pays weekly and early with certain banks. The next day pay feature could use an update but it works as long as you cash out before 5pm.Facilities are a hit or miss and it is up to you to determine your level of safety. Cancellations have been high since the ending of the pandemic but if you build a relationship with the staffer, they are more likely to let you stay (it is healthcare and someone is always short staffed which is why they hired you) so be nice. Wear your badge, nice scrubs, pack a lunch, and smile. Credentialing was quick and a very easy process. May have to call and be patient but someone in Customer service is always helpful. I haven’t used the in app Uber option to go to work yet but I plan to once the snow starts to hit the ground.Thank you Shiftmed for keeping the bills paid while I go to nursing school.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Facilities can cancel

December 12, 2022
Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying Shiftmed!

ShiftMed does not pay it’s guaranteed shifts!!!

I picked up some GUARANTEED shifts at a facility with ShiftMed, meaning you still get paid if the facility cancels you! The facility canceled the shifts and ShiftMed refuses to pay me!!!!!!!!!They are sneaky, underhanded liars!!!!

December 12, 2022
Hi, we would like to resolve this for you right away. Please email me at melaniegunn@shiftmed.com so I can look into it for you.

Not enough facilities

Not enough shifts to pick up in many areas so may not be able to create a schedule. Thought there would be many facilities to choose from but there was a always only 1 facility available on the app and the location is far away

December 5, 2022
Thank you for the feedback, we are always working to expand. If you don’t see a specific facility you’d love to work in, please feel free to use this form to let us know, and we will reach out to them! https://www.shiftmed.com/nurses/facility-referral/?fbclid=IwAR39h7KCmGiORmIAGwxnOKlxitI40dJ1J92XUimjt_4-eOdU_hb_5ro4zK8

Lot of flexibility, fun and interesting.

My first impression was very applicable to my current situation. it seems pretty decent and pays good. Would be my first working thanksgiving since I'm currently available. Great opportunity and there's a lot of job you can select nearby where you live.

November 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities that ShiftMed provides!

Productive engaging

Communication is over the top managers team leads and co workers are so engaging. Typical day consist of answering inbound calls from cnas regarding documents of i9s professional license and much more

November 28, 2022
Thank you for the review, we are happy that the communication at ShiftMed is going well for you!

Awesome company!

I love Shiftmed. Great pay and make your own schedule. They offer Next day Pay.. just hop on the app select what you want and your ready to work. A lot of shifts available!

November 28, 2022
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the pay and flexibility of ShiftMed! Thank you for the review.

Great Company

SHIFTMED has provided me with so much flexibility. Their pay is pretty good as well. They also pay bonuses and pay holiday pay. They also offer next day pay. SHIFTMED has really changed the game for me.

November 28, 2022
Its great to hear that the flexibility of ShiftMed is going well for you, thank you for the feedback!

Great money making opportunities

What I love about the ShiftMed is that you have control and much flexibility of your schedule and where you want to work. If you don’t like a facility you can work somewhere else. Next day pay is a bonus. You see and learn alot traveling to different facilities and most facilities are close to you.

November 28, 2022
We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the control anf flexibility of ShiftMed. Thank you for the feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShiftMed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare ShiftMed with

ShiftMed reviews by popular job title

• ShiftMed