ShiftMed
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

ShiftMed Employee Reviews

United States132 reviews

appcancelfacilityshiftchoosepickagencyavail

Pros: Nice team, Nice teamwork, sometimes good bonusCons: Do not have room to grow

ShiftMed is a decent place to work. My director of the team and my manager are really helpful and patient. However, they do not have enough opportunities to grow. They do promotion based on years of experience instead of their actual skills

April 21, 2022
Thank you for your honest feedback. As we continue to grow, we value knowing how we can improve. Please never hesitate to speak with HR directly about your concerns. We appreciate your review.

Lot of flexibility, fun and interesting.

My first impression was very applicable to my current situation. it seems pretty decent and pays good. Would be my first working thanksgiving since I'm currently available. Great opportunity and there's a lot of job you can select nearby where you live.

November 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities that ShiftMed provides!

ShiftMed insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive engaging

Communication is over the top managers team leads and co workers are so engaging. Typical day consist of answering inbound calls from cnas regarding documents of i9s professional license and much more

November 28, 2022
Thank you for the review, we are happy that the communication at ShiftMed is going well for you!

Awesome company!

I love Shiftmed. Great pay and make your own schedule. They offer Next day Pay.. just hop on the app select what you want and your ready to work. A lot of shifts available!

November 28, 2022
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the pay and flexibility of ShiftMed! Thank you for the review.

Great Company

SHIFTMED has provided me with so much flexibility. Their pay is pretty good as well. They also pay bonuses and pay holiday pay. They also offer next day pay. SHIFTMED has really changed the game for me.

November 28, 2022
Its great to hear that the flexibility of ShiftMed is going well for you, thank you for the feedback!

Great money making opportunities

What I love about the ShiftMed is that you have control and much flexibility of your schedule and where you want to work. If you don’t like a facility you can work somewhere else. Next day pay is a bonus. You see and learn alot traveling to different facilities and most facilities are close to you.

November 28, 2022
We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the control anf flexibility of ShiftMed. Thank you for the feedback.

Best staffing company

Highly recommend this company.shift are rarely canceled once you pick up.always ready to help you if you encounter issues at facility or hospitals.Just introduced insurance benefits

November 11, 2022
We are so happy to hear that working for ShiftMed is going well for you, thank you for sharing your experience!

Not sure yet

Only worked a partial shift so far. Have trouble locating close enough facilities to pick up the shift. Onboarding was a joke. I haven't been paid yet.

November 11, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you are having this experience, we are always working to expand and improve. Please continue to check as we are adding new shifts all of the time.

What is the best part of working at the company?The salary is good . when you have a problem they solve it quickly.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?not many work shifts availableWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment and culture is good . What is a typical day like for you at the company?get to the facility I select to work and fulfill my assignment

Not impressed

There are only a few facilities that are listed as possible clients. I continue to see advertisements about jobs at different places and in different cities on other job boards, but they never actually show up in the app, not enough job opportunities

November 11, 2022
We are working on creating a better system that will eliminate this problem. Basically, our current system has been pulling reports based on "active" accounts, but true to your experience, we have seen that these accounts sometimes do not actually post shifts. We are actively correcting our procedures to take these details into account which will result in greater accuracy on our job posts in the coming weeks. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Pretty Good

With the COVID crisis ongoing, CNA jobs are very much in demand. I have been with ShiftMed for a few years now, and it's a nice part time job. Skilled care homes are lousy places to work at, so I am glad they pay pretty well.

October 26, 2022
We are happy to hear you've had a positive experience with ShiftMed, thanks for the feedback!

Poor management skills

The only and best part of working at shiftmed is that it is a remote job. Management will decrease your salary without proper or prior notice, while “promoting” you to a new job title with more work. They create useless tasks for employees to complete daily- excessive cold calling. Shiftmed does not offer decent health insurance or benefits except PTO. Management cannot be trusted and the organization on facilities within states are extremely poor. No proper training of your job.

Pros

Working from home

October 26, 2022
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We assure you that we are taking it to heart to make improvements in our workplace.

Good company

Good agency to work for but some of the facility are terrible so do your research before accepting to go in but other wise that thumbs up i would recommend

October 26, 2022
Thank you for you feedback, we're happy to hear that you enjoy working with our agency.

Great company

Great communication and offer alternatives if your shift is cancelled. Also pay next day a percentage of your pay but it helps and you don’t have to wait for approval of a shift.

October 19, 2022
We're happy to hear that you are enjoying Next Day Pay! Thanks for the feedback!

Easy Pick up. Constant Cancellations

They cancel shift too often, makes it hard to pay bills. Especially when you pick up a shift and expect to go to work, to constantly facility cancellations.

October 26, 2022
Thank you for this feedback. We are taking it to heart and working to improve!

Flexibility on Work Schedule

ShiftMed is probably one of the best CNA app on the market. You can always find a shift around your area and based on your availability. Highly recommend anyone is looking for a CNA company to begin with.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Should show the rating from the company you work for

October 26, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad you are enjoying ShiftMed.

Work

They cancel most of the shifts and pay weekly allow you to get half of your pay upfront the next day after shift is worked. There haven’t been any cases on there lately

Great

It was a great agency to work for. They have a lot of shots available and the pay is amazing. I only needed part time hours on the weekends and I get that.

October 12, 2022
We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying Shiftmed, thank you for sharing your experience!

Okay

Depends on where you go. The typical day is getting patients up and ready for the day. The workplace culture is not the best considering they place agency staff on the worse ends of the facilities..

Great work environment and they understand work life balance

I love my job and my co workers, shift leads and management. I am always learning something new and I enjoy the constant changes to keep you on your toes. The only bad thing is that I work 3rd shift and they do not offer a pay differential which is something I struggle with since I am awake working during those late hours that many don't want to work. I hope that they are able to change that soon and then it will be the job perfect.

October 3, 2022
Thank you for the review, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying ShiftMed!

Work when you want to work!

Pick up available shifts in your area or travel whenever you want to work. various positions available. Great pay. Great benefits and accessibility. various job settings available.

Pros

Good pay, Open comunication, Very convient

Cons

September 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility and benefits of using ShiftMed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShiftMed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare ShiftMed with

ShiftMed reviews by popular job title

• ShiftMed
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?