SHILLING CONSTRUCTION

SHILLING CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews in Manhattan, KS

Manhattan, KS7 reviews
Good company to work for good hours when the weather is good only thing that could be better is pay and per diem if your working on the road other then that good company.
I started with Shilling 17 years ago, with a shovel in my hand. I have risen from that to a veteran driver during that time. Shilling Construction has helped me every step of the way. I get along with my immediate supervisor well, and have been able to approach all management levels within the company easily. They have kept me working and making a living. I like the work and the people I work with. Can't ask for anything better than that.
Pros
Outdoor physical work environment.
Cons
Time away from home can get tedious
the work is hard and the hours long but the people there are great. they are understanding if things come up in your life forcing you to miss work to an extent. you get laid off during the winter months
They dont like to pay there workers like they should they just want the money in there pockets.. I know guys that have been there for years and have never had a raise and guys that been there a year get paid more..
working for this company was an extreme pleasure , I enjoyed my time here . I would like the opportunity to work here again one day. the owners took care of employees.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I have worked for this company for nearly 15 years. I started in 2002 with a shovel in my hand and have worked my way up to end dump driver. I have held a variety of positions along the way and when I have assumed a new role there have been operators there to show me the way. I have always been able to call them up for advice, and that has extended to the executive staff as well. They have treated me like family, and have always kept me working.
Pros
Team atmosphere, good equipment, executive staff valuing my input.
Cons
Sometimes its a little tough to get equipment repairs done in a timely manner.
It is a grueling life you have to be prepared to accept. The pace is quick and varies from day to day. The employees become short tempered due to the stress of deadlines and environmental conditions. Pay is good if you got the skills to make it.
Pros
Good pay, work
Cons
Spuratic work, tempers, schedule