Shiloh House Employee Reviews

Complete farce as an organization
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 8, 2018
Worst job experience of my life. Job is nothing like they say it is. My supervisor was terrible. Would not recommend too anyone. Was treated poorly, poor training and communication within organization.
Pros
do not work their anymore
Cons
Dishonest
Outstanding place to assist children
Lead Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80123November 6, 2018
Shilohhouse allows one to learn how to assist traumatic children with education, social, and residential. In addition, the children receive individual and group treatment
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short braks
Emotionally exhausting yet completely rewarding
Lead Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 16, 2018
Helps feeling like I make a difference in kids lives. They will push you to the limit but when they start trusting adults again, its a reminder as to why I do it.
Constant work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 14, 2018
Day to day varied in this position, I was constantly being pulled in several directions due to being understaffed. The children constantly would break things that were recently repaired.
A Great Place to Work
Lead Teacher Shiloh Academy (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80123August 13, 2018
Shiloh House - the Littleton school is a wonderful place to work. The staff are amazingly supportive of each other and the students. I worked there for 14 years and would have stayed if I wasn't needed by my family in NY. I would recommend Shiloh House to any person with a strong work ethic, a willingness to help others and a positive attitude!
Pros
great coworkers!
Cons
It can be stressful if you don't take care of yourself.
Good organization
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 12, 2018
Shiloh House stays true to its mission. They are managed well. The staff is amazing, caring, focused and they show compassion for their clients. Shiloh encourages self-improvement and it is a very collaborative environment.
Treatment Resource Counselor
Treatment Resource Counselor (Former Employee) –  COAugust 6, 2018
Before applying think twice...if you don’t mind kids disrespecting you, not following the rules no matter what you say...this is the job for u!!! The job description didn’t match up what I thought I was getting myself into!!! You think your going to help out these troubled kids but in reality your not!!! Your just there to make sure the kids don’t hurt themselves or others, there busy cursing you out every other second they talk to you...which they don’t seem to care you are there to help them.
Pros
There are some decent co-workers.
Cons
Some co-workers are on a power trip, the kids act like they run the place, need more structure, and control of bad behavior instead of just paperwork (psychological help)
Drama Filled
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 9, 2018
The management takes on impossible kids who are meant to be "short term" but they end up staying for much longer. Staff is under appreciated by higher up management even though they continue to expect us to endure abuse from the kids daily. My supervisor was helpful but everyone else was full of drama. They also take out money for "food they provide staff" which is never the case because they barley have enough food for the kids.
Cons
no time off, hard kids, no help from management
Shiloh House
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 30, 2018
The demands of the job were too great to be able to get done in 40 hours a week. In addition, management is unsupportive. There is a great deal of nepotism in the company and often people are hired from the family that owns the company.
Stressful and understaffed
Lead II Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2018
Due to lack of state funding employees are overworked and underpaid. They take in clients that are not fit for this type of facility. With that said staff is caring and strive to make a difference in the lives of the children they work with.
very fast paced and changing enviornment
Medical Coordinator/Treatment Couselor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 13, 2017
providing resources for "at risk families"
packing medication and distributing medication
handling all medical appointments
transporting for all legal appointments
scheduling transporters and maintaining all legal documents for clients

My work place was one that I enjoyed and great deal, management was supportive.
The hardest part of my job was seeing one of my clients discharge and not being able to get back into society and go back to jail.

happiest day was when the clients would greet you with a big smile that would light up a room.
Pros
company car
Cons
no 401k
A place for opportunity and growth
Mental Health Counselor/ Life Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 9, 2017
Shiloh House is a wonderful place work that can employee's grow and learn about the dynamic of the field of Human Services. Shiloh House has many different employment opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits, Competitive work environment, great training
Cons
n/a
Stressful, unorganized, high turnover rate due to high stress level and lack of benefits
Lead 1 Counselor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 28, 2017
Could be a great place with more organization and more communication from the top down and more time off for self-care as it is definitely needed. Also the pay is highly inadequate for the level of work, responsibility, as well as dedication the staff show to the heart of the company, the clients.
Pros
the connections that develop amongst staff that work in the schools and on the programs
Cons
often unable to take time off, break down between "higher-ups" and staff that work directly with the kids, the pay, facilities are falling apart, lack of resources
Residential Treatment Facility for at risk youth.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 28, 2017
Utilize behavior modification and trauma intervention techniques to assist in rehabilitation of our youth. Assist clients in daily routines from wake-up to bedtime with planned treatment activities to generate therapeutic rapport with each client based on personal circumstances.
Great people, a real learning experience
Admin. Assist. Support (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 10, 2017
I hardest part of the job it that your day goes by fast, the most enjoyable part is getting to know the great people that work at Shiloh.
Working for a non-profit, helping with the fundraising projects.
Can be rewarding, but very emotionally draining
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 17, 2017
Working with high risk youth is incredibly tiring work. While the company tries very hard to prepare their counselors, I don't think much can actually prepare you for the emotionally draining work with these client and the harsh hours. With supervision being a 24 hour requirement, odd hours are often expected of employees. They have a high turnover rate for these various reasons, and I find some employees are often overlooked and unappreciated. They pay better than most residential programs I have found, but the work being done there should still be compensated more.
Pros
Rewarding experiences with traumatized adolescents
Cons
Constant supervision of clients and odd hours are very draining
Productive Workplace
Lead I Residential Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 6, 2016
A typical day includes working with full time with clients and ensuring there are no conflicts. Co-workers can be great, while clients can be physically and verbally abusive.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
residential living
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 3, 2016
This company has offenders living in neighborhoods that no one is aware of them, they do not list any of the children that live there as offenders. They also have 8 year old offenders living with teenage offenders.
stressful
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 29, 2015
I worked here from 2006-2008, so take that into consideration. I was a treatment counselor. The position was stressful, as expected though rewarding. The house I was in was run down and did not feel very welcoming for the clients. RTC's typically have a high turnover rate, when I was employed there was a staffing shortage. For nearly a year I was running the milieu alone or with aid from a temp agency. Clinical management all had best intentions, though there was little practical support or aid when needed. Every time there was an emergency, I was left on my own with no support. Benifits were good, pay was very low, but that's the norm with these type of positions.
Productive workplace
Youth Treatment Councilor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoy working here. Co-workers are great and the staff is great.