Shiloh Industries

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

plantmachineovertimeweekmandatoryautomotiveproductionhot

It's a job

Pays the bills. Can be a great place to work, or a dreadful place. All depends on the day, and what minor inconvenience will put you in a position of working 7 days a week.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Plenty of overtime.

Horrible management

I was here 3 months. The job is easy, but management is HORRIBLE. Laser supervisor here in Goshen could give a s*** about you, and if they cared about losing people they would let people know of their points, and not just fire you without any warnings. NOT to mention the turn over rate is HORRIBLE according to the longer term employees (5+years). They are quick to fire people or not hire them in because of criminal backgrounds, but will make sure you’re working the 6 days a week until they let you go. OH YES THIS IS SIX DAYS A WEEK. They will sugar coat it to saying “some Saturdays” . Aside from the job being fairly easy & good benefits (I give you that) this place is a NIGHTMARE at least under laser supervisor. This place DOESNT CARE! Oh not to mention I was never told I wouldn’t get my last check! So yes IM FURIOUS (:

Pros

Easy & Good benefits

Cons

Horrible management & short breaks

Shiloh Industries insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Always busy

If you ain't for hard work it's not for you! We make car parts and to put it lightly were always moving. If you have something easy you'll probably be grinding or peeling totes. If you're working then your stealing moping or general clean up. Pay could be better overall but the benefits overall are pretty good. There's not alot of room for vertical movement but we're smaller in man power so it comes with the territory.

Lack of group leader help

The job was easy but if you needed anything good luck. You cant find the group leaders. Then theyre a little snarky. Other than that, the pay is pretty good.

Pros

Pay, the co workers are really nice

Cons

Cant find anyone to help.

Very hot place to work

I think the type of job this is should be paying more than it does. Management is a joke team leads that have been there for years are amazing though

Benefits

Cons

Hot dirty

Lots of overtime, with a lot of good people on every shift.

Working here was always a mixed bag, but overall my experience was positive.Good compensation for every position, and good communication from management to the team.

Pros

A lot of overtime, Good Communication, Great Training

Cons

Loud, Dirty, sometimes having to work weekends

Not worth it

Nearly everything about this job is terrible. High stress environment. Mandatory over time, Mandatory seven day workweek. Few breaks. Lackluster/nonexistent training. Awful management. Faulty, broken down equipment. The list goes on and on. I will forgive the fact that the economy is bad and that manufacturing is in a major crunch, but the decision to overload a few operators with between sixty and one hundred thirty hours for the week is inexcusable.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Everything else

Very lean

Multiple roles placed on each person. Very hard work to be in banding or stacking. Only plus is it’s M-F…typically no weekends. Good food served on holidays.

Pros

M-F job

Cons

Very dirty and hard work

They love to pull your chain

Worked here for 6 years doesn't get any easy when it comes to management never get raises the people are nice to work with but people usually don't stay long

Pros

Never have time to spend over time money

Cons

Never give out raises

Terrible management

Constantly changing owners due to bankruptcy. Management is horrible. It's hot, they mandate 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Would not recommend working there to anyone

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Horrible place to work

They work you like a dog! They pay isn’t fair. You work 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Management and leads do not care about you at all. A lot of drug activity which management knows about yet do nothing.

Pros

Benefits are okay

Cons

Long hours, Hot, poor management

Drain ya

Forced almost every weekend to work doesn't seem to be any care or concerns about you or your family just get to work and don't complain uppers state of mind

Pros

Ok pay lots of overtime available

Cons

Forced overtime

No life

Long hours discrimination in pay don’t care about employees at all lies about raises and reviews hr doesn’t know what goes on out on floor and lie about things they say they will work with you but then say there is nothing they can do

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Hours no outside life

Management is the problem.

Management sucks. No support. Pressure you all the time. No sense of direction. If you need anything, good luck finding it. They expect you to build or buy yourself.

Good pay, great team

Even though we work alot, new management seems committed to making things better. Communication still needs work but overall I feel appreciated. Benefits staring the first day was a big plus.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Hot and dirty

Appreciate their people

Overall Good experiencePeople are appreciatedManagers are supportiveTrying to make improvements; on the right trackGood benefitsContinuous improvement

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Warm environment

Productive and it was fun and nights went fast

This job was tough at first..but once I got use to it .it was easy keeps u busy..people r nice..the only downside to this job..lots of 7,days s week..they just over work people.but that's any automotive plant..I did love this job..plus u didn't do same thing every night.i also liked that.

Pros

Good pay.vacation.benefits

Cons

Overworked..if I r married with a family not s job for u.

Fun place to work

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Shiloh Industries are good lots of over timeOverallMy experience working at Shiloh Industries is very good like it there

A mediocre company at best

I'm writing this as Indeed is blocking me from seeing all the reviews for another company until I write something. Here is your review. As far as pay goes the compensation is adequate if your single and don't have alot of debt. Work hours. 8-12 hrs a day. Don't bother making plans as more often than not o.t. will happen and more often than not it's required despite what they may tell you. I can say O was never forced to work weekends so their is something positive. Actual work culture you'll typically work on a line with 3 or 4 others. This can make the job better or harder depending on the "personalities" of your coworkers. Don't expect much help from others or management. You get paid days off and they offer basic healthcare benefits, etc. I'm cutting in this short as I don't have alot of time but bottom line is you'll often have to deal with the fallout of bad or lack of decision and judgment from the management. It's not the worst place to work but their are better jobs out there. This one just pays a little better due to being union. Don't get your hopes up the union is practically useless. There ya go that's the reviews.

Pros

Fair compensation

Cons

Too much overtime

Machine operator

It gets pretty hot in the summer and the people in the office seem to have no organization or common sense, but out on the floor the people that have been there for a bit are reasonable. The pay is good for what I do but dont come here if you only want to work 40 hours. We regularly work 56 to 70 hrs a week.

Work load

work load is usually 7 days a week. But you get double time every Sunday. So if your in a pinch for money and need to collect some money this is the job for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shiloh Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Shiloh Industries with

Shiloh Industries reviews by popular job title

• Shiloh Industries