Shimano Employee Reviews

They are frauds
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCMarch 29, 2019
When they hire you they don't show you everything they show you the good stuff then once you start working there they let someone else train you and they threw you in the mix you have to work it out it's always a Time factor with them but it's lots of work for one person /6 people then you don't have a set time when you're getting off when the work gets done but then they want you back there early 5 o clock 6 o clock or whatever time they choose for you to come in
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Pay, shift, management
Packer (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 8, 2018
Absolutely love this company would love to stay working for it but unfortunately I'm moving out of state the people in the management are great people to work for I love the fact that everybody plays like a team
Pros
Great employees and great managers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2018
Productive and fun workplace I would go back I like everybody that worked there good managment good culture very enjoyable job good work days all the time
Packer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2018
Clean warehouse fast passed and long ours overtime is always possible anyday of the week especially mondays. Leads are good and can show you the best and most productive way to do your job right.
Very hot and not a lot to at times
Pick orders (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCAugust 12, 2018
A lot of times you would have nothing to do. Would clean or make boxes most of the time. Very unorganized. Do not pay enough for position. there is no AC throughout the warehouse gets very hot especially where I was working, temps would read up to 93 and that's with fans and portable AC units.
Pros
Free massage
Cons
Short breaks
Fun but stressful
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2018
If management with tighten up with the workers and make it a less stressful place a better off place it would B plus competitive wages to keep employees
Pros
Fun job good worker people environment
Cons
Mangerment made the environment stressful pay was low
Could use improvement
Shimano Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 11, 2018
Supervisors could be better at communicating with their leads and associates. The people that work there are great and great to work with. Choose your poison wisely, one wrong word could turn everything around very quickly.
Good and respectful workers supervisors asswell
Packing (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2018
Can't complain awesome people there. The time passes by fast. Everyone is doing there job. They also give free lunches to the employees. Really respectful relaxing company
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
not bad at all
Stager (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCMarch 24, 2018
it just didn't work with my school schedule. i would have stayed otherwise. if you like a high paced work environment, with problem solving this is the place for you.
Great Opportunity, Stepping Stone
DIGITAL CONTENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CA 92629November 16, 2017
Shimano is a global corporation with it's headquarters in Japan. It can be difficult to navigate the business because of this. The American subsidiary has little control of what happens in the US. It's difficult to get things done. There are many people in management with far too much tenure and an overall lack of motivation and forward momentum. That being said, working for a place like this is important. It's a place to learn to persevere and to stay cool under immense pressure. The bike culture is great and there are a lot of really great people here. Just know that it's not going to be easy all the time and sometimes you're going to want to bang your head against the wall repetitively.
Pros
Discount, Bike Culture, Resume Job
Cons
Poor management, Very little female employment
Great work/life balance
Senior Digital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 2, 2017
Shimano is a supportive environment with great benefits and, particularly if you are a fan of cycling or fishing, a great place to make friends and engage in these past times.
Great working environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJanuary 8, 2017
Great working environment with great employees and employers. Great benefits with overtime available to all employees.
Once great company that has lost its soul.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2016
Ever since the last Shimano family member has left the building the soul of the company has changed. It used to be a great company. Employees are not treated with respect and as a result the turnover was high. Leaders do not inspire! They began a monthly rally--- we all thought is was a great idea but the majority of the time its used to tell us where we came up short or to tell us we are not doing what we should.Great products keep the company going.
Pros
Great products to sell and company benefits.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Pearl Izumi Rides On
Dealer Service Representative/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 18, 2016
Amazing folks here at Shimano that put forth their own passion and energy into every single product. Learned that you can always lean on others for help and the team work side is unlike any other company. Establishing the relationship with the accounts and the people that work here is what keeps the wheels turning.
Pros
Ping pong table for stress relief
Cons
Everything is open, no cubicles.
could be a fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 16, 2015
management was a little lacking. Knew most of what I was doing. Hardest part was dealing with the pay. My teammates was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
discount on products we sold
Cons
short breaks
12 hour shifts and pay is horrible
Rod Packing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Prepare and package fishing rods by certain time frames, very fast pace environment, paying close attention to details on rods, trained others, and organization is a must when packaging in bulk, up to 8 or more pallets on 12 hours days.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
pay is horrible
No bad of a company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 5, 2014
Go in on time and get the tasks tht needed to be done. Then I always find that I like to stay busy, it makes the day go by alot faster.The one part about this job, is that I felt like their waS no moving up in the company.
Productive workplace good co-workers
Packing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2014
The work in the warehouse is easy, but long hours constantly. The pay is minimum wage, so even with a bunch of overtime you still don't benefit. Management is clueless on how to operate the daily functions, and as a result a lot of overtime is incurred that could be easily avoided. They have temp workers that have been there over two years.
Pros
Good Co-workers, job security
Cons
Sticklers, on, breaks, and, lunches, more, concerned, with, being, a
Fun place to work
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2013
Very productive environment. Learned warehouse operation, certified forklift operator, shipping systems.
Pros
team work
Cons
Received a lot of skills/ knowledge with this company
ASSEMBLER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2013
A regular day at Dynacast would be at starting of shift make sure my machine is functioning properly check oil level and make sure it has no spills, as i was second shift i like to double check my machine in case first shift missed something. As the press machine was making parts i would inspect the parts quickly and accurately to make sure they had no defect or if it did i would toss it or if fixable i would set aside to later sand/ or burr down the defective area.I get along extremely well with people, i enjoyed my co-workers not only at this job but at all my jobs thus far, never had no problems or conflicts, as i am very kept to myself. The hardest part of this job was to try and determine/ guess when the machine would throw hot pieces of scrap up in the air, not that the machine would notify but having to always be aware and alert of the situation was concerning as i didn't want any one, or myself to get hurt.
Pros
Company appreciates employees and management treats well.
Cons
Laid off a 30% of newer employees due to lack of work.