Shimano

Shimano Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews
a fast paced work environment in which you must meet quota for the most part you do work alone in your own work space they also offer the opportunity to learn how to operate heavy machinery
Low pay. Long hours. Alot will be expected. Good job for experience afterwards move on. Plenty of company that will pay more for the experience obtained at Shimano. Good environment. Break system ain't worth shyt
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay
Pay is ok for some of the work you do. Needs more compensation for other jobs we are told to do. If people are to be cross trained it would be nice to have extra incentives.
This very layed back,not so stressful and management is great the jobs is easy and very self orintented.I is alright but you really gotta keep up the pace and stay on your feet.
during the hours of work service the first thing i do is remove my phone before clocking into work kiosk put it in my locker then clock in. then i would go to picking.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Job seekers rely on your experience.
good company but lower pay coworker are nice place was clean everyone working as a team. The benefits are exellent and keep you busy cause of the amount of worklload...
If you know anything about fishing equipment or bicycle components, you have heard of Shimano. They are a world-wide supplier of these items because they are the best at what they do. It's great to work for the leader in their industries. Senior management is extremely knowledgeable about their industries and plans the business operations in advance, instead of being reactionary, giving clear direction to middle management in order to set them up for success. They have high achievable standards, and expect all employees to focus on reaching those goals.
When they hire you they don't show you everything they show you the good stuff then once you start working there they let someone else train you and they threw you in the mix you have to work it out it's always a Time factor with them but it's lots of work for one person /6 people then you don't have a set time when you're getting off when the work gets done but then they want you back there early 5 o clock 6 o clock or whatever time they choose for you to come in
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Pay, shift, management
typical day at work usually its very busy
everyone at the work place is really friendly

every so offten you get free lunches

everyone is very helpful
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Absolutely love this company would love to stay working for it but unfortunately I'm moving out of state the people in the management are great people to work for I love the fact that everybody plays like a team
Pros
Great employees and great managers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shimano?
Productive and fun workplace I would go back I like everybody that worked there good managment good culture very enjoyable job good work days all the time
Clean warehouse fast passed and long ours overtime is always possible anyday of the week especially mondays. Leads are good and can show you the best and most productive way to do your job right.
A lot of times you would have nothing to do. Would clean or make boxes most of the time. Very unorganized. Do not pay enough for position. there is no AC throughout the warehouse gets very hot especially where I was working, temps would read up to 93 and that's with fans and portable AC units.
Pros
Free massage
Cons
Short breaks
If management with tighten up with the workers and make it a less stressful place a better off place it would B plus competitive wages to keep employees
Pros
Fun job good worker people environment
Cons
Mangerment made the environment stressful pay was low
Supervisors could be better at communicating with their leads and associates. The people that work there are great and great to work with. Choose your poison wisely, one wrong word could turn everything around very quickly.
Can't complain awesome people there. The time passes by fast. Everyone is doing there job. They also give free lunches to the employees. Really respectful relaxing company
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
it just didn't work with my school schedule. i would have stayed otherwise. if you like a high paced work environment, with problem solving this is the place for you.
Shimano is a global corporation with it's headquarters in Japan. It can be difficult to navigate the business because of this. The American subsidiary has little control of what happens in the US. It's difficult to get things done. There are many people in management with far too much tenure and an overall lack of motivation and forward momentum. That being said, working for a place like this is important. It's a place to learn to persevere and to stay cool under immense pressure. The bike culture is great and there are a lot of really great people here. Just know that it's not going to be easy all the time and sometimes you're going to want to bang your head against the wall repetitively.
Pros
Discount, Bike Culture, Resume Job
Cons
Poor management, Very little female employment
Shimano is a supportive environment with great benefits and, particularly if you are a fan of cycling or fishing, a great place to make friends and engage in these past times.
Great working environment with great employees and employers. Great benefits with overtime available to all employees.
Ever since the last Shimano family member has left the building the soul of the company has changed. It used to be a great company. Employees are not treated with respect and as a result the turnover was high. Leaders do not inspire! They began a monthly rally--- we all thought is was a great idea but the majority of the time its used to tell us where we came up short or to tell us we are not doing what we should.Great products keep the company going.
Pros
Great products to sell and company benefits.
Cons
Poor leadership.