Shine Solar, LLC

Shine Solar, LLC Employee Reviews

They are growing fast so there are tons of opportunity for advancement. The entire team is great and helpful. If you like making money in a fun environment, this is the place to be.
I really do love my job. I left a professional position in a field I had been in for 10 years to come here, and it was the best decision I ever made. I am compensated better than I've ever been anywhere else. I make more money and have less stress and am not killing myself working 11-12 hours every day. I got injured (not job related) and had to stay home for several weeks. The President of the company called me the day I got hurt to assure me that things at work would be fine and not to worry, just focus on getting better. I've never even worked anywhere where the company President knew my name let alone reached out to me personally. That really meant the world to me. I really enjoy the people I work with. We have a job to do and we get it done, but we also have fun. It can be pretty fast paced and busy, but this isn't bad. If something isn't working, they listen to our feedback and make necessary changes. I can't think of a single corporate property I've ever worked for that actually REALLY listened to employee feedback. They definitely recognize when someone works hard and cares about the job. In less than 3 years, I've made one lateral move into a new position, and been promoted to a higher paying position twice. I've never moved up so quickly anywhere else. If you are an exceptional individual with a great work ethic and a positive attitude, you really will thrive here.
Pros
Soda fountain, (coming soon) fitness room, food catered pretty often, walking track, relaxed dress code, plenty of room for advancement and training opportunities, enjoyable coworkers
I have been working here since August of last year, and I have learned that change is an amazing opportunity to show your strength. If you do not like change, this is not the company for you, because the organization is seeking those who have dreams and desires to succeed. We will continue to grow and be successful. We grew from a $1 million company in 2016 to almost $50 million in 2020.We are currently headquartered in Rogers, have offices in Oklahoma City, Nashville and now in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Seeing the growth is amazing.Our fun environment with great leadership and growth opportunities is what makes Shine Solar very different than any other company that I have worked for and the growth continues.As someone else put it, we have an awesome location (Village Parkway), a basketball court, massage therapists and chiropractors that take care of us every week, sometimes breakfast is served at the office (example: a HUGE barbecue with ribs and other meats and side dishes, breakfast sausage and gravy along with pancakes and today, we had a huge selection of donuts). We have a huge kitchen with 2 commercial refrigerators, a double oven, and a soda machine with Sonic-style ice. Shine Solar is the real deal.
Pros
Growth potential.
Cons
Not having the ability to physically meet all employees at one time.
I love working for Shine. Making our customers independent from the large utility companies by producing there own power. Being apart of something so big and great! Really nice culture and everyone is super nice and you can tell they care about you.Everyday we are installing happiness! Paid drive time and brand new nice trucks. They give me a lot of freedom and responsibility and trust me to take care of things. Best place I have ever worked at. Benefits are unparalleled.I plan to retire at Shine.
Pros
Too many to count. Shine Air.
Cons
Growing pains due to rapid expansion
I have been with Shine Solar a little over two years now. The most important thing I have come to realize is that if you take care of this company, the company will take care of you. There is a leadership team in place to help you achieve every goal put in front of you. Now, I am not saying that this job is easy, but if you have a hunger and strong work ethic, you will have all the right tools to succeed.
Pros
Very impressive work culture, the money is great and continues to get better, the proper guidelines are in place to help you succeed.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Shine Solar is hands-down the best job I have ever had. At Shine management cares about our employees and their needs. Shine is absolutely loaded with The happiest most energetic people you’ll ever get to work with. ShineSolar is growing fast, which leads to large opportunities for advancement. That being said ShineSolar prefers to promote from within. The company has a family like atmosphere where everyone genuinely cares for each person here, as well as their success. We are a fast-paced yet laid-back company. If you are looking for a career that you can be proud of and happy doing then shine is the place for you.
Pros
Catered food in the office, occasional free lunches for field employees, per diem if traveling.
Cons
We do work long hours sometimes
I started at Shine Solar in November of 2019, in sales. I learned a ton through the fellow consultants I worked with, and the talented leadership team they have here. It was fun, and the pay and perks of being in sales were top notch, despite it not being something I was passionate about. In September of 2020, I was given the opportunity to branch off and start my own department within the company, one that has been much more successful than my career in sales ever was. Since making the transition, my personal growth as well as my reputation and standing in the company has only gone up. I truly feel like I have a long term home at Shine, and have leaders and co-workers that support me in my financial and professional growth goals, as well as help me be part of the team that wins together. We work hard, sometimes long hours, but we play just as hard when the work is done. Overall, fantastic place to work that will put just as much back in to you as you put into to them. P.S. - we have an awesome location, a basketball court, massage therapists and chiropractors that take care of us every week, and a soda machine with Sonic-style ice. Shine is the real deal.
Pros
Fun environment, Great leadership and growth opportunity, Excellent healthcare/benefits
Cons
Some growing pains from rapid expansion, Not much else overall
The management team is pretty childish and petty. Couldn't stay working for a company that treated the installers with such little respect. Too much favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Drama
February 22, 2021
We appreciate the feedback you provided, but meaningful change can only happen if your feelings are shared during your employment to the management, executive, or HR team. If you felt disrespected or witnessed favoritism, we would have appreciated if you had the courage to speak up then, not now online. One of our core values is “Everyone Wins Together” and we hold that in the highest esteem. According to an anonymous employee engagement survey sent the same month you left this review, over 90% of our employees stated they were very happy with their employment here, so there is a slight disconnect in your experience and everyone else’s. We do wish you the very best in your next company.
A typical workday involves 2-3 sync/collaborating meetings so that each department can be on the same page. We are all ultimately here to help each other obtain our company goals and personal OKRs. With a fun-filled and chilled environment, we are motivated to stay productive and get our work done.
Pros
Company provided benefits, freedom to move around and be active, self governed
Cons
I have been employed by this wonderful company for over three years now. I have worked my way up from a ground helper, lead electrician, foreman, journeyman electrician, and I am now NABCEP certified and a Field Superintendent. Shine has been behind me every step of the way, encouraging me to grow and provided me with the means to do so. I am so very blessed to work for this company. Yes, the work is hard, and the hours are long, but the payoffs are well worth it. You are never alone and the doors are always open if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need help. Upper management sees your dedication and commitment to the company, and you are rewarded in many ways, not just monetary. They have always worked with my schedule if something comes up, and are always very understanding. They know too, if they need a special favor or me going out of my way to help out the company I most definitely will do so. Everyone knows no job is perfect, but I have found my career at Shine Solar is pretty close!
Pros
Great people, incentives, steady work flow, fun environment, room to grow
I currently work for Shine Solar and love it here. If you are looking for a job where you can grow within the company, this is the place to be!It starts with the installers in the field! They are the backbone of this amazing company. They work day in and day our to provide quality work and customer satisfaction. This company would not be what it is without them!The management team cares about the employees and the overall well being of the company. The company provides many resources for all departments to assure education and knowledge is continually growing. Shine Solar has a great sales team who also works LONG hours! They are provided with the tools needed to assure sales are always strong! What I love most about this company is the atmosphere. They focus on making sure the moral is always high and the employees are happy! I could go on about the pros of this company but I would be typing all day.
My time at Shine Solar has been fantastic! There is something new to be learned everyday and constant room for growth and improvement. You work hard, you play hard around here. The management is the most flexible I have ever seen and understand when there needs to be down time. Family is incredibly important to them. They value loyalty and hard work!
Pros
Fun events, family-like atmosphere, recognition for hard work, growth opportunities
I can't speak high enough about Shine Solar. They are growing like crazy and a lot of opportunity is available to those that want experience, growth, and fulfillment. The work that they do is not only one that gives a lot of fulfillment due to the nature of the environmental benefits, but it is also great to see so many customers happy after saving money by going solar or upgrading their home efficiencies. I really enjoy the culture and the amount of care that you can see comes from the leaders with all that they do. I would recommend Shine to anyone that wants to work for a terrific growing company. If you are looking for a job that is at the maturity stage and doesn't ever change, this might not be for you. One of Shine's core principles, which I LOVE, is to be nimble and adaptable and that is something that really means a lot to me because I see it as a chance to grow and shine myself.
Pros
Culture, Office space, access to company building and gym after hours and weekends, red bull stocked at all times, great leaders
Don’t suggest working here unless you’re a fan of drama. Unhealthy management relationships, and unfair treatment. No room for growth or advancement unless you’re buddy buddy with someone higher than you. Will overpass you for promotion for someone outside the company.
August 31, 2020
I am sorry this has been your experience. Have you tried speaking with someone in HR? I know if there is unacceptable treatment they would want to know about it as that will not be tolerated. Also, have you voiced your want to grow and be promoted? We always are looking to promote within at Shine Solar and are looking for the employees who have the right Attitude, Skills, and Energy to bring to the team and company. I see you are currently still working for us as you write this review. I encourage you to help us grow in the right direction by offering valuable solutions to problems we can solve. We also respect that if you are not happy here, no one is forcing you to stay. I hope this encourages you in the right direction.
Drunk on how great they are, From the CEO to Management team, they so called leadership team has very little care or concern for people. Turn over is nearly 80%. Telemarketing based sales team with minimum talk times and number of daily calls that needed to made everyday. Every call is recorded and monitored to make sure you are following a script that is directly out of a telemarketing playbook. Training was a few days of reading the script with a "trainer", who then listened in on your calls and at the end would say, "Follow the script". Training sounded great but lacked substance, evaluation, testing, to ensure success. They make it seem like if you follow this holy grail script, magic happens. Their script works if you make 400 plus calls a day to find one or two leads who truly want their product. The sales team is jammed into a tiny call center that barely meets fire safety standards. The noise volume is apparent on every call. Compensation for sales is a low base and a weak commission structure. Many lies are spun, zero accountability of training, management or leadership. For a leadership team with claims of built companies before, they most have forgotten nearly everything they ever learned. Stay Away! you can do better!
Pros
Free RED BULL and soft drinks and ice
Cons
High demands, low performance training, long hours, horrible leads and its always your fault for not following the script no matter what.
August 31, 2020
First I want to address the first comment made.. "Drunk on how great they are".... May want to know your owners before you say Drunk. ( They don't drink) I personally do spreadsheets on the attrition rates on the sales team as well as how well they do after the AWESOME training we have in place! Our current sales team has the lowest turnover rate now more than ever! We have a very SOLID sales Family and its been awesome to watch! The exact words from leadership were, "They would put their sales team up against any sales team team with comparable factors such as size, type of sales, etc." To be able to be trained when you are not doing well is something others may see as a valuable perk. To have someone on your side to help understand what they could have said to do better is something most people would love. I am sorry this wasn't for you.Telemarketing is annoying and we certainly don't call people who didn't ask to be called first. Warm leads is the only way we contact. Our Commission structure is one of the best actually. Base Salary plus no CAP commissions. A structure and coaching that has anyone on the sales team making 90K-110K minimum. That doesn't account for your top 20% rule in sales professionals. The added cash incentives, bonuses, etc are additional.With a growing company we are in fact getting full inside our building which is why we are excited to move to our new campus in just a few months. I agree it can be noisy at times and they are working on that to improve as we grow as well. We wish you nothing but success in finding the best career - more...
Highly dangerous job with incredibly low pay. Company cares absolutely nothing about their labor in the feild. Theyd rather put you in a dangerous situation and get hurt just so their sales can go up. They use their workers up and then throw them away. Especially those that offer any feedback that contradicts their view. Uses very shady electricians and most things are not done entirely up to code. Save yourself some time. Steer Clear
August 31, 2020
I am sorry you feel this way. As you personally know, we offer a clear up front expectation of the positions and requirements for the positions as well as pay before you apply in the job description. We have the newest safety gear, harnesses, gloves, ladders, gloves, etc for all employees that get on the roof tops. We recognize when leadership qualities shine through and promote as those become apparent. We like to grow from within and elevate based on employees skills, leadership abilities, interest, and desires. Our Electricians are licensed journeyman or master professionals. Integrity is a huge part of our culture, so to say we hire shady employees that are still employees would be inaccurate.
When I worked for shine I had to travel far distances to work on a roof while getting paid a little bit. Management was deceiving and tells you about evaluations but they didn’t happen. It’s all about the salesman making the sale and then everyone else is there to make it happen while getting paid peanuts. Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of the customers.
August 31, 2020
I am sorry this was your experience. As we grow we recognize the need for more teams in other areas to help alleviate the travel and hours put in to get a job completed. We pride ourselves in keeping our Installers and Electricians employed year round so they don't become a seasonal employee like so many other people in the same field of work. We like to employee and hire career opportunities here to have a steady pay check, room to grow, and some overtime at times. We always provide upfront clear expectations of the job and pay associated with it. We recognize that it takes an entire team from start to finish to complete a job and to keep our customer reviews high with "Installing Happiness" for them. In any active thriving company, it does start with a sale of some sort, but it alone cannot keep a company alive. We know it takes a TEAM, a FAMILY in order for the wheel to turn.
I love working for Shine! HR is fabulous! Executive team cares. Wouldn’t want to build a career anywhere else! The work environment is fast paced and team oriented which I love!
Pros
Open door policy.
Cons
Pay could be a little better, but not bad!
August 31, 2020
We are so grateful to have you apart of Shine Solar! Thank You for all you do!
I have apart of the Shine Solar family for almost a year now. While the company is still fairly new, the owner and upper management strive daily for this to be the best company to work for and/or do business with. I am aware of some previous instances where expectations were not set realistically or successfully. Everyone I work with have a sincere interest in my success and growth in the and out of the office. There is not a perfect workplace, every company has their pros and cons. I can honestly say that I notice attempted improvement in areas that are brought to my direct supervisors attention. I feel like I am apart of a great company, overall.
Pros
Catered in lunches often, production promos have really improved for the Field Crews, work atmosphere is contemporary
Cons
Healthcare could be better (premium wise), I would like to see Employer matching 401(k), there is risk for job burn out for Field Crews
April 29, 2020
We are so lucky to have you here at Shine Solar. Thank you for your review and feedback.. I would like to address the cons section for you. Please know we have hired over 17 installers and Electricians in the last month to provide relief to the field operations side. We are so excited about the growth of the company but knew the need for more crews was a must. I hope they are now feeling relief...Sincerely.
When I interviewed with Shine, I communicated my religious beliefs and needing my sabbath off, and that I was told would never be a issue. I’ve worked 50+ to 60+ hours in 5 days before the sun 430am and coming home to kids asleep. I worked there over a year and a half and asked for a raise several times because the work is very dangerous and the hourly was low and was told i would get a raise after a certain time frame that's was a lie and i Was always denied my request, the practices at shine are very shady and install old equipment on homes when they are paying top dollar and have unlicensed electricians doing the installs. The reason i put my two weeks notice in was due to always being sent out of town with no notice for 2 to 3 days and trying to be forced into working on my sabbath several times, when i told them I never would. The management was in bed with each other literally , and the HR department head is a joke. Nobody cared about the agreement of my sabbath after I let every manger and HR rep know what was going on. I tried to transfer within the company to a different position which i was told i got the job but had to wait for my management approval and out of hate I kept being denied my transfer and told random time frames when it would be approved so i was being forced to stay in a job because of management. And the last day i worked there was finishing a job on Friday and was told to go do another job 2 hours out and that it would require me to break my sabbath and go against my beliefs I denied that and went home and I was contacted by HR saying i was let - more...
September 9, 2020
Here at Shine, we celebrate all walks of life. We take care of all our employees with proper and advanced notification of any special accommodation(s). We provide regular reviews for our employees and address compensation when appropriate. All our employees work diligently to provide world class service to our customers. We pride ourselves in creating a culture of teamwork, compliance with all federal and state laws, and unmatched quality.
This company fired me because my brother in law quit and went with a different solar company and there reasoning was they felt my heart was not 100% to them
April 30, 2020
I think an honest response to this is that we definitely may let someone go for going around explaining their plan of when and how they themselves are leaving to go work for one of our competitors as it became a conflict of interest at that point. Not because someone else left to go work for another solar company. We encourage our employees to go to our leaders if they have a concern or a problem that may help keep our employees happy. We will always continue to do what it takes to protect the Integrity and Culture of the people and our company.
  1. Employee Reviews