Shipt
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

Shipt Employee Reviews

Found 1,003 reviews matching the search
Good job if you’re looking to make some extra cash to help pad your income. Was great when I first started working but the pay drastically decreased when they did a mass hire on in my area.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Poor compensation
Love this job and this company! The whole Shipt team and management actually care for you and want you to do well and succeed at this job. I fist I didn’t really like this job because I’m wasn’t too great with having to communicate so much with people, but all the support from Shipt like their videos they have posted on YouTube and the Shopper Support team is always there to answer questions and give the best advice when shopping. I feel so much more confident working this job, delivering orders, and communicating with others from all of their help than I have at any other job I have worked. Hours are flexible as well so that’s definitely a plus that I can work whenever I want to.
Pros
Make your own schedule, Work whenever you want, Tips, Supportive Team, Organized
Cons
Have to come out of your shell if you are timid(like how I was) to text the customer, depending on area some people don’t tip
Awesome flexibility. You can make as much as you want.sometimes frustrating with new shoppers and people who don't tip. Easy to build relationships with customers with proper techniques.
You can always get support to help you with issues. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait for help if there is a large outage in the system or something like that but it's usually pretty quick. I have liked working here.
Working for Shipt is pretty much what you can expect from most delivery app gig jobs. You can set your own hours and shop whenever you want, but be prepared for a some stress on the job. Just be wary that ratings are extremely important because Shipt requires a 4.7 out of 5 avg. rating for shoppers to keep working.
Pros
Flexible hours, free PPE, some employee perks
Cons
Earnings per delivery are not the best, rating system very strict
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Basically it's up to you to decide how much you make with shipt. If you take it seriously as your delivery business its a pretty decent gig. Also, the tips are awesome!
Pros
Flexibility, good bonuses
Cons
Sometimes its slow, so no income
I do Shipt because I love helping people. I also love the flexibility. I I always have fun and usually make good tips. There is something new every day. I have made new friends who are Shipt shoppers as well.
Pros
Tips, meeting people, regular customers
Cons
Driving long distances, stores are out of items
Overall the job depends on how well you can do it. If you're a faster shopper you'll make more. As well as making sure you spend as little time in the store as possible.
I work with SHIPT off and on. Sometimes it will be months before I actually do an order. I didn't like the pay from the very start, so I never schedule myself. I only pick up orders now and then from the available orders list when I see something that is worthwhile doing. The reason why I'm not a fan of this company or the job is because most customers do not tip the shopper. This is primarily a job where you shop for people at stores and then deliver it to their home. It is time consuming, which means you cannot get a lot done in a day. The base pay that SHIPT pays their shoppers is not enough in most cases for the time and effort when customers do not leave a tip. Sometimes they will attach a promo or bonus pay to an order, which may make it worth your time to do. The delivery only orders are a joke. They only pay the shopper $5 or $6 bucks on average and don't expect a tip from the customer either doing these orders. I don't like the fact that SHIPT will only tell you up front a range of pay you will make of you do the order. They never end up paying you the top end of the range, it's always somewhere in the middle. I don't understand why they can't just be transparent up front with how much they will pay you instead of making you guess. They're not fooling anyone with their pay range pay scale.
Pros
Decent part time gig for a little extra cash.
Cons
Low pay for your time and effort. Customers won't tip. Definitely not a full time job.
Overall, it was a decent job to pay the bills temporarily. It's an okay source of extra income. It's nearly impossible to make a full time job out of it though. Customers can be terrible and won't respond when stores don't have what they need. Headquarters rarely ever responds to issues in a timely manner. Pay usually does not reflect the effort involved. Lots of wear and tear on your vehicle. Your ratings can tank over the smallest mishaps, which in turn affects the amount of offers you receive. Tips aren't guaranteed. Just very mediocre overall.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Inconsistent pay, bad on vehicle
Its an ok job to do. You make your own hours and select the orders that you feel are right for you. I really have nothing great to say, nor anything negative to say, about the job as a whole.
I currently work for this company part-time and it pays more than my full time job. As long as you keep your ratings up you will have no issues. One downfall is a lot of miles on your vehicle so I suggest getting a beater instead of putting lots of miles on a new car. And my only other problem with the company is at the end of the week you need to add up your payments. On my app it tells me I made $941.14. But I added up at the end of the week and it comes to $1,147.89. You can of course talk to customer service to get this fixed but I can only imagine how many people don't even know about this. Other than the miles and pay problem it's an amazing job. Be on time to your orders keep in contact with the customer as much as possible to make sure they are satisfied.Highly recommend for extra money.
Pros
easy money
Cons
money goes missing
You really make your own hours and to that extent, your own salary. Once you get organized (Comfortable professional attire, phone charger, good thermal bags and a system to organize your cart) the job is simple. Build relationships with your regulars, learn the surrounding areas and maximize your time and you will be fine. It can be a fun gig if you turn it into a game.
Pros
Flexible, gig
Cons
Sometimes pay does not match effort, but they are trying, gig
Love working when I want and where I want. Con is sometimes the pay isn’t worth the drive but if you wait for promos you can make it worth while. Definitely not a full time career but perfect for a side job or for a student.
Used to be a great place to work for until a pay cut. Justifying their actions...Shipt cut pay because customers homes are closer etc. too bad. We always get questions to evaluate shipped but change is very slow and they spend too much time on updating the app. They should be updating the pay of the employees.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Pay cuts
Has great flexibility for hours, and pay is great. Always helpful when calling for any issues that may arise. Only downside is there are sometimes not enough orders midweek.
Pros
Great pay, great hours
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough orders in my area
Don’t work here if you like to be treated fairly and paid a fair wage. Shipt HQ changed their pay scale shortly after pandemic began to benefit the company and certainly not the shoppers. The change that Shipt made caused the personal shoppers to make a lot less. Again, as soon as the pandemic hit and Shipt HQ saw the shoppers were finally making a good living then they chose to alter the amount the shoppers were paid per shop causing their pay to go down. Let that sink in. I hung in there for a while but, sorry I did.
Really good job! Flexible schedule, very easy to follow through, and customer service reps help out! Also gives out special rewards and bonuses on the amount of orders you complete.
I’m sorry i don’t think people should put in orders if you can’t tip. It’s a waste of time effort gas mileage and our own money when you don’t too ESPECIALLY if you’re far away! It’s always the far NICE neighborhood ones that don’t tip. They need to put more reachable incentives! Not 100 orders in 2 days for 60$ that is a laugh in the face!!!! Also customer service probably WILL hang up on you if they feel like it! Also they don’t care if you have a family emergency or an emergency in general they will not help fix anything for it besides a late order and that still effects you!
Pros
Cons
No tips some days, rude people, barely paid
I must say, it was great. Kind of my own boss. Orders got flooded, but there are ways to make sure that you get orders. Pretty generous payout even though you get taxed at the end of the year.
Employees are all held to amazingly different standards. Promotions are dangled in front of your face as if 60 people can fill one position. The only thing I enjoyed was the snacks.
Pros
food
Cons
the rest of the job
  1. Employee Reviews