Shipt
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Shipt Employee Reviews

United States1,449 reviews

Found 1,449 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,457 reviews

Flexible schedule. Good tips from customers

The app is easy to use. The hiring process was simple and quick. The base pay for some orders can be low but customers tip well. Customer service responds fast via live chat. The available orders have diminished since covid restrictions have been lifted so there isn’t as many opportunities to make money.

Pros

Flexible; great tips

Cons

Very few available orders

good

it is a good place to work at, i get to drive around often and talk to customers as well as people at the store who are very helpful and when people tip it pays well

Pros

good hours

Cons

customers dont respond

Good flexibility

Getting to make your own hours is the biggest plus of the job. Sometimes it can be hard to get orders especially with all of the new hires. Pay has gone down for smaller order and the bundle orders are not always close delivers and the pay is lower than the orders would be individually.

great for inbetween jobs or extra cash

This job as a shopper is fantastic if you are between jobs, wanting to make your own schedule, or just need some extra cash. Lately there have been little to no jobs though. it is not a stable job since you have to rely on orders to be placed.

It’s ok when u first start

A lot of cruel, negativity and non tipping ppl out here. The customers in which you provide service to are the worst !!!Don’t leave ur full time time for this company, considering this to be your side part time gig.A few dollars here and there; trust me don’t bank on making a lot doing deliveries.

It Used to be Good.

A couple of years ago, you could work part-time and make decent money without sweating too much. Work was plentiful with lots of promotional pay doled out by the company. Nowadays, the work to be had is sporadic at best. The company cut the pay of the Shoppers over the years by reducing the base pay and all but eliminating the great promotional pay. This is still an okay gig if your circumstances provide.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Perpetually low compensation

Flexible Schedule

Shipt was a great job for being a student and needing a flexible schedule. The app stopped working on me a few times and it was sometimes difficult to communicate with the customers if the store didn’t have their products. Overall great pay if you put the work in!

Low pay. Customers often don’t tip. Easy deactivation for no fault of yours

I loved this company at first. However, as a five star out of five star rated shopper I have learned you don’t get paid well. They encourage customers not to tip or tip very little if they do and servers make more for doing far less and they deactivate you for liars. When you prove along with proof from the store they are liars. It’s not a good job.

very flexible

You pick your own hours, but hours are not always guaranteed. It can be competitive, but I enjoyed working on my own time without being micromanaged.

At the beginning happy

They don’t provide with gas, when delivery only most of customers do not tip :(The bonuses are getting lower and lower there expect to complete an amount of delivery in two day when before it was 4/5 day and it will have a better chance to complete the amount of order so you can obtain the bonuses. Ridiculous, an in Nj some ShopRite (Belleville) take there sweet time (1hour) to handle the groceries.Shipt is paying $7 for a bundle SMH

Stressful, time consuming work for very little pay

Working for Shipt can be rewarding if you live in a bigger Metro but for smaller cities, almost useless. No room for growth or decent money in smaller places and shoppers will hoard orders just to release undesirable ones right before they are supposed to be delivered. Makes it very hard to get any decent shops in.

You want tips you have to earn some may tip some may not.

One of the best companies I have worked for thus far.You can choose what area you want in also you get to meet a variety of customers who you may become there favorite shopper and they will request you to shop for them.

Shipt has went downhill

Shipt is cool flexibility wise, but the pay has took a decrease. That combined with gas prices rising and customers not tipping makes Shipt not as worth it as it used to be. I will be looking for a full time job now elsewhere.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay, not worth the time, decrees in shipt bonuses, little to no tips

Really has gone down hill

I like the fact that you make your own schedule and work when you want. But as a company they continue to change their pay scales and such and I think maybe they forgot to adjust it again during this time of inflation. I do not think I have seen one order even a promo order for over $25.00 in at least 2 months. Most orders even larger orders before becoming a promo do not go above $15.00 per order. So putting your time and gas into consideration this compensation almost isn't worth it anymore. I remember when there were weeks you could easily get to $500 or even $1000 a week but now I find that to be almost impossible. Not to mention new shipt shoppers are offered orders before others so seniority does not matter with this company. Any time I've had issues with payouts or canceled orders there's no help or compensation or anything from the people you contact. Even when you reach out to the shipt support team via email which most representatives in the chat tell you to do if you have an issue they can not solve, they don't email back with questions about a situation they just email you with the decision they've made and never contact you again about the situation.

Used to pay the bills

Only good as a side job, ask as many questions as you can before you start. You will have to deal with out of stocks and customers that are already angry before you even select their order.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Out of stocks

Very Flexible you make your own schedule! Great job.

You start your day by putting yourself on the schedule Monday-Wednesday are usually slow.You need to be able to lift and carry items up to apartments. It is a very labor-intensive job. You want to have weekend availability. It is very enjoyable to get to know the people you are delivering to. You can build relationships and become their preferred shopper. I love this job and plan on staying for a while.

Nice work at your own pace type job

It's nice that you are your own manager and can work at your own pace and choose when to work and not to. Makes it easier to balance home and life work.

Flexibility great but work has decreased a lot since the pandemic. Pay is just horrible

Shipt Is a very flexible job for being a independent contractor job / gig. However pay has dropped significantly with no benefits for the driver or shopper. They always side with the customer and never back their shoppers. Customers are very fraudulent now with their orders and shipped causing shoppers to lose their jobs fraudulently.

Pros

You work when you want to, if there are jobs worth your time and miles on your gas tank.

Cons

Gas vs pay per order, healthcare, no shopper support for customer fraud

Set your own hours but keep your expectations low for pay and overall support

If you need to talk to somebody there is rarely a live person who is willing to help unless it’s something to do with an order. They care only about the bottom line & not you personally as a Shopper. They make you feel like you are important but it’s just a facade. The customer service people on the phone read from scripts to answer your questions or refer you to send an email.

Pros

You can make your own schedule

Cons

Pay per job is low, tips never guaranteed and the company doesn’t really “have your back.”

It was fun while it lasted. As long as you pay attention to the time demands as get where you’re going on time it’s pretty great.

I enjoyed my time at Shipt. I worked a lot and made ton of money. Their ratings system is extremely harsh and deactivation happens with no real warning. Be on time and be accurate with what you but and deliver and you’ll be good.

Great money, but too much instability.

Too much wear and tear and time pressure for what you are trying to accomplish for them in such a short time. Easy jobs pay too little and hard jobs aren't worth the $.

Common questions about Shipt

Answered by current and former employees at Shipt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight