Shipt Employee Reviews

Great money you can make on your own time.
Shopper (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2018
It’s very simple, yet still putting in the work into pleasing people with their groceries. You have to communicate with others and stay within a time frame.
Pros
You make your own hours.
Cons
Sometimes the pay would be to little for a lot of work.
Independent contractors and can be super slow
Shopper (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2018
Your an independent contractor so the best thing about the job is you dont have to wear a unifrom. No you don't have to wear the green shipt shirt. This is not a job you can get fulltime or even part time work. Its not consistant. You could be on schedule all day and not get any orders but have to be available incase an order does come through. Orders average about $6-$8 not including tips. Each order takes an average of at least an hour. Sometimes long if you have a customer who adds items or wants you to contact them about everything. If they add alot of times then you could miss your delivery time ans your stats will drop. The only way to make more money is if a metro order has promos and that means you have less time to shop it. The Shopper App is a mess the product descriptions and picture are almost always wrong. It can be a mess. You'll have to reboot your app alot. Also customers can cancel orders and you wont get paid for thosw orders unless you are shopping them. After you shop an order while your in the store you'll take a picture of the reciept and enter it into the app. Then theyll process the order in the app and charge the customer. If the order doesnt go through then you have to return all the products to the store or if ypu get to a customers hoem and they dont answer you have to return the items to the store. You'll get paid the $6-$8 still but now you have spent like 2-3 hrs on the order and may efdect other orders you have then youll have to cancel those to handle that order. The people who say they make good money usually don't once you calculate how  more... long they put themselves on the schedule to get the orders. Plus calculating hiw much is actually tips. You dont get paid for mileage or gas. So you'll have to calculate that for tax purposes yourself. There are many customers who scam the system and will say you didn't deliver something when you have. Or they'll rate your score low even though you have no control over something. Like for instance the store being out of a product. If your looking for something to pay your bills this is not the job for you. If your looking for something to do occasionally for a little bit of extra income ($20-$50 a week/ month) this could be the job for you. You don't get any benefits. If you cant troubleshoot apps and tech this also may not be the job for you.  less
Pros
No uniform
Cons
Everything else
Shipt Is Awesome!
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SHOPPER/DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2018
Shipt is a grocery delivery service that offers many contracted employee positions. It is a great company to work for, if you are independently able to do your work productively, accurately, and you have to have outstanding customer service skills. This company offers wonderful leadership, and the tools needed to make each contractor successful. Honesty, integrity, and loyalty are highly important characteristics to bring to the table if you would like to have a long term, and successful career with Shipt. I personally adore working with Shipt and the flexibility alone is unsurpassed. While there are other "delivery services" out there, there are none yet that can even compare to the service and care that Shipt offers to their contractors, members, and customers. If you truly want to make money, while providing outstanding customer service and in a timely manner, Shipt is the company you should definitely work with. You must have a good driving record and no criminal history. :)
Pros
Everything About Shipt!
Freedom and opportunity
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2018
Best experience ever. Great opportunities, flexible schedule, good pay, you are your own boss. You control your income. I enjoyed this company more than any other.
Great flexible job
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
I have loved working at Shipt. It's a great option for a stay at home mom like myself. I've been doing this for the past three years and I have been so excited to be apart of all the growth I have seen this company do.
Unable to properly manage their hiring process
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 9, 2018
So basically Shipt's contractor entirely screwed up my background check process. I applied, was accepted as a shopper, and was submitted for a background check (where the problems began.) I filled out the requested information and was asked for a photo ID, which i submitted. I was then notified by the background check company Checkr within the next day that my check was 100% complete and i would receive no more communication from them, with an attached report. It is important to note here that this was several hours after I submitted my photo ID and their portal would only say that my check was completed.

After hearing nothing for a few days, I logged into Checkr's portal only to find out that Checkr had reported I never submitted the photo ID, and my check had been suspended. Shipt re-opened the check and allowed me to submit my photo ID once contacted, which came back entirely clean, and then never contacted me again. They also made a point of telling me that it was my fault for not submitting the document I had submitted. If I had to guess, it would be that the first check was DMV only, and then once that was complete Checkr opened an entire second check 24 hours or more later (because their portal said i had completed the required information) without any form of notification.

So all in all, while I could admit this was a clear failing on Checkr's end, Shipt failed to make it right even after being notified and giving me a supposed resolution.
Extremely misleading, don't waste your time
shopper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2018
I have been with shipt for three months. Have not made more than 50-60 in any given month. That is putting myself on the schedule every hour every day. I had an order that I needed to drop 2 weeks ago because I got stuck behind a huge wreck. I call HQ and was on hold for 45 minutes. I never got an answer so I had no choice but to try to shop and deliver the order 45 minutes into the 1 hr delivery window. Delivery ended up being 9 minutes late and I received negative marks for it and had my stats dropped by half. Fast forward to today when I had two orders come to my phone and as soon as I clicked them they disappeared. When I did orientation the disclosure said orders pass down through the line from the first person hired to the last and each person has 60 seconds to claim the order before it passes to the next. When I asked why the orders were not there when I clicked on them, I was told that the first person in line can claim the order anytime and take it from the other people that come after them. This company is great if you're the very first person hired in any given city, for anyone else, it is a complete waste of energy and time. You will only be offered orders that pay $5-$7. Not even enough to cover your gas to the store. No mileage reimbursement, and NO help from their customer service when you have a problem!
Pros
Choose your own hours.
Cons
everything, and you are not guaranteed any hours at all.
Great job
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 5, 2018
If your looking for extra money then this is a great job for that. Don't expect your weekends to be open, Sundays are the busiest and if you don't like to do customer service please don't apply for this job. This job is about hustling, getting to the next order and treating the customer like kinds and Queens.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Not a full time job, most of the time
Stressful, unrealistic, poor customer service, poor rating system
Shopper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
Shipt has unrealistic expectations for their shoppers and they don't seem to care about their shoppers either. The other day I was running behind schedule, so I called to drop an order because I had a big order coming up and I wanted to have enough time to shop the order. Shipt dropped the order, then gave it right back to me which made all of my other orders late. The training at Shipt is textbook, not actual training you can use on the job. No matter how hard you work your rating will be low! I was shopping two orders when my account was deactivated without notice and I couldn't process my orders. Horrible management!!! I wouldn't recommend Shipt to anyone I know!!!!!
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Lack of concern for shoppers, poor customer service, mediocre training, unrealistic expectations, no common sense when assigning orders to shoppers on the schedule
"Gig" economy style employment
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
While logged into the Shipt app you are able to pickup orders and shop for the specific items requested. The app is super easy to use and Shipt has their own credit card to use at the store location.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
app sometimes bugs out
Quick-paced and rewarding work-environment, but no job security
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 27, 2018
The main problem I have found with Shipt is that there is never a guarantee that you will be able to work on any given day. And at various times of the year, there are too many Shipt shoppers for the number of orders in my area. Order "offers" are provided on a first-come first-serve basis, so even if there is an order in your area, if you're not fast enough somebody else will take the order. However, with that in mind, when there are a lot of orders, and I can work as much as I want, Shipt works great and pays well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No guarantee of work
Last resort job
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 25, 2018
Being a Shipt shopper is a last resort gig economy job. You're lucky to make an average of $10 an hour but remember: you've gotta pay taxes, for gas, and maintenance out of that money so you end up with nothing. Your auto insurance can also be affected if they find out you're using your personal vehicle for contract work. HQ is unresponsive. Other shoppers are petty and catty. Being a shopper is not a job. You rarely make any real money. Don't be fooled by the Shopper Lounge on Facebook- they only allow sunny happy posts.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work independently
Cons
Pay, unrealistic expectations, bad management/culture
Great way to make extra income.
Independent Shopper (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2018
A Shipt shopper is an independent shopper. You set your own hours. It can be fun and competitive but you are under a time frame for you deliveries. Great customer skills are a plus. There is a lot of shopper support from the home office.
Dont do it.
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 15, 2018
Three months of doing this. Being paid sometimes only 8$ for an order that’s over 40 mins away from the store a car full of groceries and that’s all I got. The pay is ridiculous and wrong. Ohhh and to top it all off last night went to process another order and they shut my account down. Not once have I had any reason for that to happen. Absolutely ridiculous and wrong. They absolutely do not care about the shoppers and the store employees are rude as can be. I will never do anything like this again. And now I can’t shop ever and honestly I don’t care too.
Pros
Not sure there are any pros.
Cons
Pay, gas mileage, Not paid for mileage, screws you out of money.
Horrible
Shopper (Former Employee) –  South Hills, PAJuly 11, 2018
$8
To carry hundreds of dollars of groceries up 25 steps to a young person. (Cases of water)

You'd have to give me lots more money to do 5hat again.

Deleting the whole app when I get my money deposited.
Pros
None that I saw
Cons
Cant rate the customers
interesting and different every day
Grocery Shopper (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 9, 2018
sometimes it's hard to get orders, but it is fun to do when you can get orders... people who work there are fantastic and it is fun to be apart of it very infrequently
Great job if you have children
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2018
I have been doing this job for just over a year and I love the flexibility! I can work as much or as little as I want. I enjoy meeting the customers and feeling like I am maybe the friendly face that helps their day. The other shoppers at my location are super friendly and its fun to be able to have a minute or so catch up each time I see them.
Pros
Your own schedule, fun customers, shipt headquarters personal are so helpful and extra money for my household.
Cons
Occasionally non-tippers
Shipt Life 🤗
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 6, 2018
I have been doing Shipt for two years now, so I started in 2016 and it is now 2018. I love the flexibility that working with Shipt allows me with my busy family life. Your funds are absolutely guaranteed as long as you work. I love the multiple streams of income. So when you work and when you refer people you receive compensation. I have made excellent added income from referring Shipt shoppers and customers to Shipt. I love that the company appreciates their employees, and what I mean by that is when you do your job and you work hard they noticed your hard work and your loyalty. They send you recognition and gifts, they also reward you with personalized Shipt items when you’ve done so many shops. Once I completed 500 shops I received my Shipt credit card with my name on it. So your hard work does not go unnoticed nor does your loyalty to do your job the best of your ability and give great service as you are representing Shipt. I would love a better way of tracking referral compensation, But as long as you keep track of it you will be compensated. I love the diversity that Shipt employs with their company. I love the customers that I service and have developed great relationships with. Whenever I take time off from work my customers definitely noticed my absence, which is pretty awesome. I love the self scheduling because when I need time off I take it and when I’m ready to come back to work I just put myself on the schedule. I recently took four months off and when I was ready to come back I put myself on the schedule and I picked up where I left off. You meet great  more... people and the work is absolutely easy for a person who loves working with people and the public. For someone who loves to have fun, and for someone who loves to shop. Shipt is for people who already have a job but would like a second job that is not demanding, for the person who is a workaholic because you can work as little or as much as you like and desire and you can make as much or as little as you like or desire, it’s for the stay at home mom who has to have a really flexible schedule , and Shipt is for the busy person who has to also have a flexible schedule with no real demand placed on them except great customer service and on time delivery. With every job you have your ups and downs but I would honestly have to say that Shipt is absolutely life for me!  less
Pros
Super flexible
Cons
Mileage tracking and employment tax is a beaSt
Shipt Life
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 6, 2018
Pros
Super flexible for ones life.
Cons
Self employment tax is a beast and mileage tracking
Flexible and fun place to work
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Washington, MIJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed making my own schedule and working as much or as little as I liked. I liked being able to control my work pace and working on a deadline. Working for Shipt helped me improve my time management and problem solving skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight