Shipt Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love working for shipt
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 21, 2018
Love working for shipt I'm averaging 500+ a week and I'm not running myself ragged I still have time to be a mom and a wife. I take off when I want. I work when I want. Emergency comes up no worries hq handles it and I don't have yo deal with any backlash.
Pros
Flexible schedule good pay
The advertisements are wrong but terrible reviews of Shipt are worse
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 20, 2018
You can't go into Shipt expecting to work 40 hours a week and have this large career filled with shops every hour, it just won't happen. If this is the type of job you are looking for, go somewhere else. I am a college student with a full-time job and another part-time job, for me, Shipt is something to fill in the cracks in my schedule. I do about a shop a day and a couple when I have a free day and it pays fairly well. I can't guarantee that you will see the $25/hr pay that they say but it does happen sometimes. I started out small with only $50 orders which made me about $9 for about 1 hours of my time, but the thing many other reviewers don't factor in is the tip. Usually, the payment from Shipt is around 10-20% but in my experiences, the tip is around the same so I actually made about $18 on a small $50 order that took me maximum 1 hours to do. As you get better and get to know your stores, you can really grow into a shopper that can make around $20/hr.

I stick to one store, so I don't have to drive all around, minimizing the wear on my car and gas, and tend to grab orders where the estimated pay is around $20. Then the tip will be around $15-$20 in my area and in 1.5 hours of time, you made $40. I like to space my shops around to decrease my stress. Some shoppers are upset that they get $5 shops but that's because they probably don't have good reviews so they get the lower valued orders and you are not forced to take any order, if you don't think it pays enough, don't accept it, it's as easy as that.

Many of Shipt Shoppers are writing negative reviews because it
  more... is too stressful and difficult to make a living off this job but it isn't designed for full-time workers. This business model is designed like uber, lyft, or grubhub where you work when you want to. If you're looking for a 9-5 job with steady pay you won't find it here. But, if you're looking for something to pass the time and to make you above minimum wage in an environment you like to be in, this is the perfect job for you!  less
Pros
Good pay, Flexible, Non-committal
Cons
Stressful if you make it stressful, Difficult to make full-time, Driving distances
Not everything you want
Grocery Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 19, 2018
It is an app that you work from so don't expect too much. You are given about an hour to shop your order. If your late your rating will go down. It is very easy to have your rating get lowered. The pay is decent, but most of mine goes towards gas.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Inconsistent orders, bad pay
Every day I am learning new things...
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 14, 2018
Like most contract jobs, this is not meant to be a sole source of income, though people have been known to do it. With really good time management skills and awesome customer service you can make some good money. I liken it to a scavenger hunt of sorts. HQ is phenomenally supportive, even when I have contacted them with the dumbest questions.
If you are handy with a smart phone, detail oriented and have a great care for customer service than this is the job for you.
Pros
Flexibility, management support
Cons
Tiven the type of job, none really
Can't beat Shipt!
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2018
I've read several years worth of reviews and I'm not sure why there are so many disappointed and dissatisfied employees? I just started my adventure with Shipt as a part-time job and I'm already so excited...how many people can say they're excited about work!? So the pay system is well balanced in my opinion. I've had 3 orders so far: $70, $40, & $240 with the following tips in order $10, $5, $5. You get $5 per order and 7.5% of the shopping total. The key to success is communication and time management. Let the customer know you're about to start shopping and ask if they need to make any changes. Let them know if there is a product that is unavailable and send them pictures with some alternatives. When you arrive for delivery ask if they would like for you to bring the groceries in or to the door. It's all about customer service and time management! I can't speak for someone working for Shipt full time, but this is the absolute best part-time job you'll ever find!
Pros
Make your own schedule, tips!, learn skills like: attention to detail, customer service, time management
Cons
Barcode scanner needs improvement
Good for a few extra bucks
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 8, 2018
I am currently working for Shipt and honestly, I love it. It's not a great source of singular income, it's better for between jobs or making a few extra bucks here and there, but it is still enjoyable.

You are required to wear a Shipt T-shirt that Shipt provides, and you go grocery shopping for people, similar to Uber Eats. The only thing I really dislike about this job is having to ask for Tax Exemption at check-out.

Otherwise it is a very relaxed job as long as you are good about being punctual, don't mind grocery shopping and you make sure you have all the right products.
Pros
Work at your pace
Cons
Not a good source of singular income
Great if its paired
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 3, 2018
This job is great if you pair it with a different job or if your schedule is not adaptable. This job can work around any of that since you pick your own hours, but is not a great stand alone job. If you are in highschool then it's a good job, but it doesn't replace a full time job.
Pros
Unlimited time off, Extremely adaptable schedule, Easy to pick up, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not great standalone job, Uses car alot
May 4, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy that the flexibility of being a Shipt Shopper is working with your schedule! We appreciate all the hard work you do for Shipt!

You can work as many areas of the cities as you want. Mileage is not paid.
Personal Shopper/Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2018
This is a new business to this area. Overall I believe it took off quite well. There are always going to be a need for tweaks. This no exception.
The deliveries for me have really slowed down, in the areas I choose to work. This is hard for me to budget. I need a consistent income.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Flexible paychecks
May 4, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! Shipt Shoppers have the option to shop in any of our coverage areas. Our Shopper Success Team is always happy to answer any questions you have as well as give tips for the peak hours to shop. They can be reached via email at shoppers@shipt.com.

low pay
Customer service (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 27, 2018
most offers are only on weekends so not enough work during the week. You are driving to the grocery store and spending the time shopping, waiting in deli department up to 20 mins or more, lugging cases of pop and water bottles, waiting in grocery line, loading groceries in your car, driving 20 mins away to deliver to someone's house, unloading all their groceries up steps and into kitchen. Get paid $8 for that order and the customer doesn't even tip.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
pay
May 8, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! Obviously, the amount earned can vary with the size of orders, ability to shop quickly, and driving distance. However, we are always working to make sure that we are able to provide competitive pay to all shoppers. Our Shopper Sucess team is available to help our shoppers be as efficient as possible when shopping and delivering orders. They can be reached at shoppers@shipt.com, and can help you figure out the peak days and times to shop in your area.

Great for part-time, or stay at home moms, or just want to get out of the house
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 24, 2018
Only have been doing this since March 2018. I have taken the last year off of my career to spend time with my kids. I am looking for a career job, but this is an awesome job to get some extra money for my family. Took a little time to make what I think is worth the time, I think due to Shipt being fairly new in Minneapolis. People did not get that you should tip. Tips are all over the board. Makes real no sense honestly. I have made a $15 tip on a $50 order, and got no tip for a $200 order. You do get paid by Shipt not including tips.
Love that I chose when I work, where I work. This is a independent contract position so great for people with a partner that carries benefits. I don’t think this is a full time job potential.
Pros
You pick when you want and where you want to work, hour by hour.
Cons
People don’t always tip.
Lots of time for little money
Shipt Shopper (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2018
I've worked in the service industry for a very long time and never have I worked so hard for so little. A shop will take a minimum of 90 minutes and so far my pay has average $10 for 90 minutes. I can't figure out why I'm tipped only 1/2 the time. We tip our servers, pizza delivery people and baristas for much less work. I feel like the company needs to advocate for their employees if they're going to keep the good ones.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
very little money for your time
I love being able to create my own schedule!
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLApril 22, 2018
I love shipt. Shipt is an awesome company. I love being able to work as I desire and feeling free while I'm working. I get to create my own work schedule which allows me to maximize my time in a day! The tips are awesome and you get to provide premier customer service on the go. I love it!!!!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inconsistent orders sometimes there wont be any offers available.
May 8, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're so happy that the flexibility of being a Shipt Shopper works with your schedule. We appreciate you taking the time to share this and all the hard work you do for Shipt!

Productive and self work!
Grocery Delivery (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
Working with Shipt for 2 years almost, has been a great experience. A typical day at work, is relaxing. You pick your own hours, your own flexibility, and you work whenever you want, whatever you want! I've learned to be patient with customers, you speak via text or call, and the management at this job is quick phone call, or chat on the app. You handle your own workplace since it is self work, and its just a job to enjoy. The hardest part of the job, would be delays, such as no text or callback, processing at register isn't going through, and delivering heavy items. Overall, it has more Pros than Cons. It's a great job. Definitely recommend.
Pros
Work whenever you want. Set your own hours.
Cons
Heavy item lifting, No text back or calls from customers.
May 8, 2018

Awesome feedback! We greatly appreciate everything you do for Shipt and are so happy that you're enjoying being a shopper. Our support team is available 24/7 by phone and chat to help our members and shoppers as quickly as possible. Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with us!

Fun and different work environment
Courier (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 15, 2018
On a typical day, I look through what orders I have received and plan my day out accordingly. After shopping the customers order I go and deliver them. A pretty simple job but there are some stressful times such as, time management, substitutions, and getting/ keeping in contact with the customer. Time management seems to be the biggest part of my day. But luckily that is one of my biggest strengths.
Pros
I create my own schedule
Cons
I do not make as much as I would like to for what I do.
May 8, 2018

Awesome feedback! When planning time to shop, we recommend our shoppers allow 2 minutes per item on the order so they have plenty of time. Our Shopper Success team is available at shoppers@shipt.com to help our shoppers become as efficient as possible. Feel free to reach out to them with any questions you have!

Good company for part time job
Individual contractor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 13, 2018
worked during summer and on weakends. good way to extra bucks. Working can be stressfull but you cacn manage your work time yourself. you are your own manager
Up to you
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 9, 2018
The benefit of being a Shipt Shopper is that you make your own schedule. Obviously, this can be extremely convenient, but it also causes impatience to set in sometimes. Even if you place yourself on the schedule, you are not paid until you complete an order and, depending on where you live, there may not be many orders up for grabs. In other words, just because you want to work doesn't mean you get to. You also never know what the payment will be. There is a base rate, but tips are usually given. For example, I completed a 30 item order and was given a $28 tip. The next day I completed an 80 item order and was not tipped at all even though both gave me a 5-star rating. In summary, you have to learn to be flexible and do Shipt as a part-time or side job.
Pros
Set your own schedule; be your own boss
Cons
Inconsistency; never guaranteed orders
Misleading... NOT $25.00 per hour!!!
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 4, 2018
Like I said, misleading. You do NOT make $25.00 per hour. I just saw a "new" listing here on Indeed for a Shipt Shopper and that is completely false. You get paid $5.00 per shop and 7.5% of the order. So,using a simple math equation of a $100.00 shopping order that would be $5.00 + $7.50 (7.5% of order) for a total pay of $12.50. Plan on at least two hours of your time, travel to the store, the shop and travel to the customer's home, not to mention your travel to wherever you need to be next. The wear and tear on your car and the gas is all on you. I would say 50% of customers tip; maybe $5-$10 max, so overall my average (some tip, some don't) per shop pay is around $12.50 an hour. Most of the shops are less than $100.00. Way less. And yes; I have a 5.0 rating.

I did 7 "shops" last week; spending about 14 hours shopping and delivering. My overall take, including tips was $107.00. Divide that by 14 hours for a wage BEFORE TAXES (this is a 1099 position) AND BEFORE GAS AND WEAR AND TEAR of $7.64 per hour. Seriously??? Is that worth it???
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
All expenses are on you; wear and tear on your vehicle, gas, etc. Very stressful; the stores often don't have what you need.
Work your butt off for no money
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 1, 2018
Not worth your time. Shop for people -- many times it's been for a group home or an office -- where they order a ton of things and don't tip. There is no protection for the shopper -- you deliver where you are told to deliver.
Pros
Something to do
Cons
No control over where you deliver
Easy
Shipt shopper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2018
Work your own hours
Good way to learn time management skills
The hardest and most frustrating part of the job comes when you need to get an item and you just can not find it
Pros
Own boss
Lowest paying company ev
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 29, 2018
The pay (without tips, which are rare), is less than minimum wage. And in Indiana it’s already only $7.25
per hour. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME on this company. I’ll go back to Ubering
Pros
Cons
Extremely low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight