Shipt Employee Reviews

Great Company
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 19, 2019
I really enjoy working for Shipt as a Shopper. It's easy to look at the address before you accept the order and see if it's a house/area you want to shop in. I try to avoid apartment buildings since they are confusing for me, and I typically have no problem seeing if an order will be one based on the address provided. I am a stay at home mom who just wanted to make some extra cash and this is perfect. Work when I want, for however long I want. Can't beat that! I track all my mileage and gas etc, since that is tax deductible. I have only had a couple rude customers but that is expected in any customer service job. Overall everyone is nice, thankful, and I get tips about 65% of the time. In 8 weeks I had made over one thousand dollars doing it very very part time. Not bad at all! I have had a few app issues but every time I just contacted support and they immediately helped me. I think overall the company is doing a great job. I am sure the experience can be different for everyone depending on where they live, but for me this has been and is continuing to be awesome!
Pros
Work when you want, extra cash
Cons
not everyone tips
Fun job with Flexible hours
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 17, 2019
I've been working for Shipt since my only child left for college. I wanted flexible hours and extra income to pay for those extra college expenses and Shipt provided all of that! Now that he has graduated, I still enjoy the flexible hours and now I can take a vacation whenever I want!
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No reimbursement for fuel cost
Best Job I’ve ever had
Personal Shopper/Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunny Southwest FloridaMarch 14, 2019
I’m 57 years old and have struggled my entire working life to actually stay at a job. Once I learn a new task, boom I’m done! Boredom sets in , and I’m on to the next thing. Since I started with Shipt (3 years in April) never once have I ever dreaded going to work ‘and work is a stretch, heck all I do is go to the grocery, about 10 times a day! As an independent contractor, I make my own schedule, and take charge of my own destiny. You can work as much or little as you want. As for the money, I’ll agree that you don’t always hit 22.00, I’ve done more, but more realistically I’d say 20.00 an hour is more likely. But more than the money, the customers I’ve meet are truly great, and providing them a service feels awesome. Shipt would not be for everyone, but for me, it’s the best thing I’ve ever done
Pros
Make my own schedule; good money; being in charge of my outcome
Cons
Being tied to your phone when you’re on the schedule
Low Pay
shopper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2019
I think the idea is great helping other where you can and getting paid for it. However the pay needs to be better. It is very costly using gas and mileage delivering and going to certain stores. I think they should compensate for mileage. Also no every customer tips so you can do a trip that 15 mins from your home and the customer lives 15-20 mins from the store, you end up being 30-45 mins from you home that is a lot of mileage and gas. The order pays$8 with no tip. Its not worth the hassle for that low amount.
Pros
Convent working hours
Cons
Pay is horrible
Great for a side job but don't expect to make a lot
Personal shopper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2019
In the beginning it was great now since shipt has been purchased by target, getting orders isn't the same. I started in 2016, I could make easily 2800.00 a month, now since they have hired so many shoppers you're lucky to get 100.00. HQ isn't the same as well. You are pretty much on your own if you need help or a customers card declines.
Let me go because of a 4.7/5 star rating
Shipt Shopper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2019
In between jobs and trying to make as much as I could I get sent an email saying i’m terminated because my rating fell below their required threshold...what’s the point of a 5 star rating if you get terminated when you drop to a 4.7? And there’s no advice given when they say you need to up your rating. No reason for it. While working for them the job was very mundane. It’s just grocery shopping but with more steps. Pay is not great so I’d really bet on getting the promo
orders because you can make up to 50 bucks on one big order that get $20 promo. Of course I had to drive 40 mins there and back late at night so i wouldn’t say it’s woeth it. If the card doesn’t work for whatever reason which happens it takes them about 10 mins to return the call so there you are in the store with unpaid groceries at the support desk waiting as all your perishables get nice and warm for the customer! Customers weren’t necessarily bad, nothing out of the ordinary but I suppose that depends on where you live. Some days you’d get lucky and hit 4 or 5 promo orders and make decent money but in the grand scheme of it it’s not worth it at all. A 4.7 rating is it bad by any means and could even be reached due to very minimal mistakes or just a customer having a bad day. It’s not like I stepped in their food before I gave it to them. Don’t work for them.
Pros
Promo orders offer double or triple the base pay
Cons
Everything else that comes with this job is a con
Great Company
Independent Contractor/Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  The Triad, NCMarch 11, 2019
Great company that cares about it's Independent Contractors. Very flexible, great for work life balance. Support Team is always there should a problem arise.
Beware of shipt!!!
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 8, 2019
Do not work for Shipt! They do not care about their employees and pay very low!I worked for them for over 6 months and did a great job! I traveled in snow, sleet and rain and was always on time for my deliveries. Then one day they just decided to let me go and would not even explain why or give me a warning. They blocked my emails and would not return any of my calls. This is so not legal! I think all it takes is for one customer to complain to them and they let valuable hard working employees go. Its a shame that they believe their customers over their employees and do not give us a chance to tell our side. I did one deliver and the store was out of a certain product that the customer wanted , which is not my fault at all. I truly believe the customers just give bad reviews for no reason at all and we suffer in the end. Shame on you SHIPT!
Pros
Cons
no loyalty at all
Nightmare
Ex shopper (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 5, 2019
It’s similar to working for a cult. You’re offered a lot of freedom but when you use it (not even half way abuse it) there’s a problem. Management nags you for orders and when there’s a problem with an order their cheek is turned the other way and their hands are up. Not to mention their rules are made up and changed drastically daily. Don’t waste your time, mileage, gas, sanity or energy on this ungrateful company nor their Ungrateful customers and rude store representatives (for delivery only orders). Imagine carrying over 15 heavy bags filled to the top making multiple trips to your car, to only be stared at with no help for $8. And you’re not happy and get disrespected, plus you still have to pay taxes on that. Not worth it at all.
Cons
Not a job you can make full time
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 2, 2019
Submitting an application was fairly easy, you were asked like 3 or 4 questions then had to submit a video recording answering 3 questions. I was hired the next day, took about a week to receive my Shipt shirt and payment card in the mail. Training/ orientation is done online.

Once you set up your schedule with the selected areas you want you’ll receive orders, however in my area in Kennesaw there’s not a lot of orders. Most of the time I’m traveling 40 miniutes to an hour to an area that does get a lot of orders. Also, it’s a bit challenging when most of the items the customer is requesting isn’t available, you have to call or text to see what they’d prefer to substitute it for. I really like the flexibility of scheduling, it’s a good job on the side but definitely not something I’d recommend doing full time. Within 4 days I’ve completed 16 orders making a total of $270. 6 orders had promo pay added to the order pay which helps a lot! Order pay is typically between $7-$19 of course with a larger order pay the order will have a lot of items!
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Waiting in your car for an order to pop up, only having a minute to accept an order that’s offered to you.
Job Security Terrifying
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 26, 2019
On my first day I started off small with just two orders. My first customer had special instructions on her order. She said do not knock, do not ring the doorbell, text me when you arrive and leave the groceries on the porch. I did as instructed and left. She gave me no tip and then a zero rating. I reached out to customer support to see if there was any additional information they could provide and they said the feedback is anonymous and they were sure my rating would go back up soon! Luckily the second customer I had plenty of communication with and she left me a 5 star rating but that left me a 3 rating overall. I am not getting any orders now because of my rating and am worried I will be let go because of the individual customer. I am extremely frustrated and i’ve only been working here for a day. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Job Security
Horrible
Delivery groceries (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2019
I was about to hit my 100th order like some on here and bam deactivated no reason no nothing dont waste your time with this company their liars no one can tell me why or anything
Pros
Cons
Liars
Not a real career
Shipt Shopper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2019
This is not the type of job you can expect to pay all your bills with. Too many shoppers in one area cause very few orders to actually be available. Shopping app is a major pain to deal with.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
few orders, have to be available for hours without pay
A fun and flexible job
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 22, 2019
Working for Shipt is a fun, side job to make a little extra money. You can work as little or as much as you want. Whenever issues arise, the HQ folks are very helpful and friendly.
Shipt review
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 21, 2019
It’s a flexible jobs but work isn’t always consistent. Sometimes you can make about $300 in one weekend or $300 in a whole 5 day week. Overall not bad
Great job
Shipt Shopper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
It's a fun job they boost up the price of the order if no one is accepting it which is pretty good bc it can 2 items and you'll get paid 30 dollars because of how much they boost up the price.
Pros
Work wheneve you want
Cons
Sometimes theres no orders or they are far.
Great company to work for!!!!
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2019
I've never worked for a company who seems to really care for not only the members but the employees as well. It's like working in a giant national family.
No orders.
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids/Iowa CityFebruary 19, 2019
In Eastern Iowa (Cedar Rapids/Coralville-Iowa City) there are simply NOT ENOUGH ORDERS or people using the system to make it even remotely worthwhile.... Not to mention pretty much any "shop" I ever saw offered (which wasn't very many) was for like around 9-12 dollars. Seriously to shop for Shipt is way more effort than it's worth. Also in the State if Iowa, unless it has to do sitting down in a restaurant, the concept of tipping for service is pretty much unknown around here. Don't expect to get huge tips.
Pros
You set your own schedule.
Cons
There isn't enough business to set your own schedule.
Not worth it.
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 16, 2019
I joined Shipt because I fell for the $22+ an hour jargon. I was between jobs and needed the extra income to help my wife with the bills and this job seemed just as good as any. The very first weekend I put myself on the schedule my phone blew up with orders. They were low paying ($6-$8) but plenty to choose from. The very first weekend I did 9 shops over 12 hours...my take with a couple of low-ball tips and before taxes was $83. Disappointing, but I knew I would get faster over time. Unfortunately, it seems I'll never know because I don't think I've been offered 8 shops since. It seems Shipt will inundate you with business the first couple of days to get you hooked thinking you'll essentially turn on a spigot when you put yourself on schedule but these orders will quickly turn into crickets. My rating is 4.9 but I'm now at the point I'm lucky if I get 4 opportunities a week. This Saturday I made $8.70 in 5 hours before I took myself off the schedule. My shirt and card will be returned on Monday. I've got better things to do than sit around all day waiting for someone else's scraps.Oh...and so far as their $22+ an hour con job...yeah, they're full of Shipt.
Pros
Easy, brainless job
Cons
You'll make better use of you're time and make more money collecting cans
Contract Worker
Self Contractor (Current Employee) –  HoustnFebruary 14, 2019
If you are looking to make your own schedule, this is a great place to work for. It is very competitive. You have to be quick to pick up orders. If you don't satisfy the customers needs they can rate you badly and that will effect your incoming orders. If you don't manage your time right and deliver late that can also effect your rating and incoming orders. Same if you leave orders in your que for to long or drop orders. You really have to be on point for the job and accurate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shipt.

Powered by Comparably