Shipt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Shipt Employee Reviews

United States713 reviews
Many Pros & Cons
Pros:
• paid enough to compensate for gas and taxes, and still make more than minimum wage

• work whenever you want

• ability to build your own schedule in advance

Cons:

• lots of technical errors with the app

• no reimbursements for gas and time traveling to and between jobs
Very flexible and very easy to manage
Shipt provided a very flexible and easy to manage work environment and schedule. It was completely up to you how many hours you worked and how much you got paid. A major down was you only got 13% of order total and very few people tipped.
Know what You're Getting Into, its not meant to be full time
There are many pros and cons.... pro = flexibility of schedules and ability to make great money (only when customers tip which is a hit or miss) I've found that the customers who do tip make the overall monetary experience worth it as they are very generous. Just varies day to day and order to order.

Down side is that if you do take too many orders and need to drop one unexpectedly depending on time of day customer service can take a while to speak with a rep. I've spent 5 minutes on hold to 4 hours on hold (lesson = don't accept more than you think you can truly accomplish on time!)

Pro side (especially in this COVID time) customers (regardless of if they tip or not) tend to be VERY grateful and respectful of social distancing !

Overall, if you're looking for work that s reliable and pays well this isn't for you however if you are willing to put in the work and the kindness/respect/communication with the customers as well as not getting frustrated or hateful if they don't tip... this job is for you!

I for one absolutely love it. It's a great feeling to be able to help out those individuals in my community who either or at high risk of COVID and/or have the ability to shelter their children, husband, loved ones etc. who may be at a higher risk.
Very flexible
I have been employed with Shipt as a self contractor for 2.5 years now. I appreciate the 100% flexibility that the company offers. You are your own boss and work your own hours. You make as much money as the time you put into the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
New pay scale is lower in San Antonio!
An amazing company to work for
If there is problems with the app or an order, even though it takes a while to get to someone, the problem is corrected immediately. They are constantly updating the app and how it works with us. We are considered independent contractors.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Flexibility is Shipt's Best Attribute...
Shipt is a very flexible gig job that can be satisfying but frequently is not. Customers (members) are capricious in their demands at times and Shipt does not buffer this. One has to be very organized in their shopping and time management to make the deadlines and receive positive reviews which is essential for more shopping jobs. (Due to coronavirus, time deadlines and reviews are suspended and does make shopping easier as much of the pressure is off. However, the customer may suffer if the shopper takes a lackadaisical attitude toward shopping and the member.)
Customers at times have no qualms about adding many items on and are sometimes very disappointed if they can't (Shipt should have a maximum add-on quantity - such as 3 to 5). I've had customers ask to deliver items for a child and then sing 'Happy Birthday', or make up a complete Christmas Gift bag with hand written card and wrapping - Oh, and get it there at a specific time. Typically, extra services such as this has an implied generous tip - which typically never comes about.

Shipt pay itself is okay if one hustles and shops a quick high dollar ($100+) job but the tips are what makes it. When I left Shipt, tips were declining precipitously to the point that a perfect, on-time delivery, for a tedious $100 order was generally yielding a $5.00 tip (have a pizza guy deliver $100 in pizzas with a $5.00 tip and see how that works...?). (by the way, I had a 4.9 customer rating and 100% on-time delivery.) Speaking with current Shipt shoppers, I'm told that tipping has improved but it was very lean for a while and certainly
 - more...
Great work, rude customers
I love working for Shipt. However, customers can be very rude. You would think people understand the common curtesy to TIP. If we DELIVER, you TIP. That’s how we make a lot of our money. Be considerate.
Shipt overall
Not a bad company to work for. A con is sometimes scrounging for orders on app is a mission. but in my metro it can get busy as well. Flexibility. Can stop work whenever time of day. Determine your own schedule is a plus.
Awesome
I love the flexibility of this job. The customers are amazing and so easy to work with. So easy and fun! This job is like personal shopping but for groceries, I love shopping so this is great.
Good for college students
I have been doing Shipt for a few months now, and overall I would say I enjoy it. As a nursing student you need flexibility, and it is such a blessing to be able to set your schedule. However, just because you’re on the schedule doesn’t mean you are going to get an order for the hour, especially if you live in a metro with lots of shoppers. Be warned, Shipt is nearly impossible to get into contact with. Several times I’ve ran into a question or poroblem, I’ve waited hours online and on the phone with no answer. This job is great for people needing part time work, but I would advise against it as your primary job.
Good at first, downhill afterwards
I started working for Shipt towards the last week of January 2020. Was making big bucks, had many customers wanting to see me again, completed over 200 orders and had a high rating.
I've been out of commission these past 3 weeks. Received 5 to 0 orders. Called several times and each is dif.
Challenging and fun at times but mediocrity takes over. Glory days are long gone.
Shipt serves as an electronic marketplace for customers to have access to thousands of items delivered within an hour by an independent shopper. Upon applying for the job, it was unique (and fun) to record video "answers" to questions related to servicing past clients. Having 7 independent contractor jobs prior, this process was easy as cake. Altogether, it took about 30 minutes to complete and within a few days, I was hired. Few companies have attempted to become the industry standard and I find it amazing how successful Shipt has marked their footprint in a very competitive landscape. As opposed to relying on a centralized hub or DC and over piling hundreds of packages in a van for delivery, retail big box stores serve as supply warehouses for Shipt shoppers to obtain product and individually deliver the magic. Shipt acts as the intermediary handling technical order issues. One major win-win for the shopper is being able to see the entire order, a delivery address, earnings potential, and an estimated completion time prior to accepting. Once getting acquainted with the Shopper app, you appreciate the ability to discover and find unheard-of like items indicated by the aisle, row, and usually identified by a picture. Stacking orders (accepting more than 1 order), shopping from one single store to source product, and conveniently setting time delivery windows are all prime advantages to maximize earnings. Completing as many orders as possible in a given day was the best path to success. Also, best practices involved communicating regularly with the customer and delivering earlier - more...
Flexibility
Flexibility and if I encounter an error, I can get the support that I need to correct it.
With time, I have gotten better where I can warp two orders at the same time. What I don't like is, if I already have two orders, the system may try to continue to send me more orders which counts against my numbers.
Review
Great work life balance because you make your own schedule. But hours are based on orders placed by members so there is no system for guaranteed pay. You make your own income based on the availability of orders.
Great gig to help the community
If you are looking for part-time especially during the COVID-19 issues this is a good job for you. Also if you like shopping and are good at locating items at stores this is for you. Pick your area and a location you know and add into the app and you will be good to go!
Pros
Work at your own time
Cons
Delayed pay
Rewarding and fun!
Working for Shipt is very rewarding since I am shopping for and delivering food to customers who aren't able to do so for themselves. I am happy I get to help others in any way I can.
Flexibility on hours and days
I liked doing Shipt but you definitely ran your bottom off. Very stressful at times especially when the store doesn't have an item and your client will not answer your text back. Where you make your money is in the tips. So if you get some really stingy people, then don't expect any tips, especially at college campuses.
Beware
Don't work for shipt. They will deactivate you for no reason and without warning. I did a cvs delivery and than after i clicked "delivered" the app said i was deactivated.
Pros
Can work when you want
Cons
Pay, managment, no respect for shoppers
Flexible and reliable contract work
This company allows contract employees to create their own work schedule. This allows each representative to supplement their income as need be. Shipt provides each representative with the necessary tools to make their own business plan for their future success.
Great for making side money in the Maryland market.
It's a great job for making extra cash, but be aware that as an Independant Contractor, filing your taxes gets compliccated. As long as you have the ability to manage your time and hustle, it's a pretty good gig!
Taking grocery money when people are out of work
This company just took $418 from my bank account. There's a 4-hour wait and the stores closed an hour ago. Now I don't have money for groceries. The lines to wait on hold are over 4 hours to talk to a person. There's no way to get the money back into my account and no way to buy food for my kids. My order was just a little over $300 so they helped themselves to $100 extra from my account.
You should not have a system in place that takes the money from an account before the shopper buys the groceries.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.6
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight