Shipt

Clear
2.7Pay & Benefits

Found 841 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,687 reviews
shopperappdeactivateratingordershoppingshopgrocery

Flexible schedule. Good tips from customers

The app is easy to use. The hiring process was simple and quick. The base pay for some orders can be low but customers tip well. Customer service responds fast via live chat. The available orders have diminished since covid restrictions have been lifted so there isn’t as many opportunities to make money.

Pros

Flexible; great tips

Cons

Very few available orders

there are better delivery jobs

flexible hours, low low wages :( try other delivery jobs this one is alot of work for low pay. barely pays for gas let alone the bills..

Shipt insights

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Easily taken advantage of

When they bundle multiple orders it makes you drive way out of your jurisdiction for a few dollars more. The pay isn't reflective of the amount of time and distance it takes to deliver. If you drive back and forth for each item individually though, you have more time and miles to get paid for.. so they instead combine orders and add a little promo to it when it gets closer to delivery cutoff time. Once you claim an order and are committed to the delivery window, an array of orders in your area show up, all with the same time windows that didn't show up otherwise. It's great in the beginning when your jobs are fed to you but afterwards the system feels like it purposely pits shoppers against one another so that the pay can be structured unfavorably lower. And the rating system in place does exactly that. There is no transparency with the amount or quality of orders coming through. And there is no safety measures In place for where you're delivering to.Prop 22 was ruse, and these gig companies lied and mislead us into believing it was beneficial for better pay but they use "work flexibility" as a reason to not pay us eemployee benifits.

Nice short-term gig-work

I loved Shipt at the beginning, it’s great being able to work on my own schedule and have the option to get paid same day, great for quick money but as time went on, order pay rates have gone down and it’s difficult for me to make enough as a full-time jobIf I ever need quick money though, it’s nice that I can always go to Shipt

Great job

-flexibility - great pay and tips - great customers - I love making my own schedule, working extra hours on the weekends - I love my reoccurring customers - I have made great bonds over the years

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Slow days

Shipt has gone downhill

Anything needing Customer service help takes at least 20 min. And if you have done gig work before you know time is KEY! Compensation for shops is dismal. When I tried to bring up my concerns with the company the customer service person I talked to said, “this is best we can do for you”. If you need consistent income & feel valued as a worker Shipt is not the place you want to work for.

Make your own hours

This is an independent contractor situation so no benefits or job security. Plan to work 60-70 hours a week for real money. Otherwise P/T or extra money

No Concern Other Than Money

Shipt used to be an amazing company to work. Once Target bought it it was like management lost their minds from greed. There is no concern for the shoppers. Shopper pay has dropped drastically. The orders are now always bundled together meaning you have to accept all the orders in the bundle or accept none. Bundled orders are sometimes due at different times so if you want all the customers in the bundle to be happy you have to shop and deliver and then shop and deliver to get the orders there at the requested time. The pay for bundled orders is significantly less than if they were single orders so the pay isn’t worth making so many trips to the store especially with gas prices so high which there was no compensation at any time. I have had as many as 5 orders in a bundle. They are not in close proximity to one another and can go from a range of 30+ minutes from the first delivery to the last delivery. Shipt continues to make the work harder on the shoppers to provide excellent service all while dropping the pay.

Great Job for flexibility!

I loved working for Shipt. I got to work when I wanted and the job is typically easy. The only reason why I can't continue long term is because they do need to raise the pay considering gas prices and inflation.

Great side gig

You get payed fairy for the work, tips are often great, buy work isn’t always to constant, so best to keep this as a side gig to help make a few extra bucks that you might need to pay the bills and such

Flexible hours and locations

Work when you want if the work is available. The pay has gone down compare to a few years ago. overall a great way to make extra money on the side. I definitely recommend this for people trying to get extra income to pay off a loan or for the holiday season.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not enough pay with the gas prices now. Not always enough work

Depends on What your looking for

My experience so far is that if your looking for some paid work that you can manage in your free time it's okay like don't expect to make a living unless you're fully invested but as a side hustle it's not too bad. I don't see any moving up in the company and unless you're breaking your back it's hard to make good money with the time and miles spent.

I enjoyed working for Shipt

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Shipt. The amount of high paying opportunities slowed down after my first few months (due to more people being hired in my area, I assume).If you're willing to put in the hours, which are flexible btw, you will be rewarded.

What is the best part of working at the company?Set your own hours, no direct supervisionWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lack of orders. Low compensation per order. Limited tipping

Package delivery Driver

Great gig, Organized and smooth loading at the warehouse. App is easy to use. Routes are routed pretty tight, But the location of the sorting facility can be a burden for longer routes. Coming from the professional side of delivery, I can say the money you make barely covers gas and a few sandwiches. My example. 40 package route, 1 hour drive to warehouse. 1 hour drive back to delivery zone. 3 hours to complete route. 30.00 in gas. I cleared a whopping 80.00/less gas 50.00 for my time. no pad for wear and tear on your vehicle either. This gig is easy and just extra money, not a career.

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

Pay is abysmal

They opened a Philadelphia/conshohocken warehouse downhill already

I was one of the first drivers when they open up a brand new warehouse for Philadelphia area which is in conshohocken there were plenty of shifts easy to get work in the beginning however over the last two weeks a dramatic change has happened there too many drivers on the platform I have not been able to get the normal work that I'm used to since I started anymore no more morning shifts. It's a fighting frenzy when the shifts come out I'm not seeing the shifts I normally did at 10:30 at night anymore and now I can't make an honest days pay I've already started looking for other employment. The worst part is they're going to probably continue to hire more drivers which means less work I can't survive off of this salary anymore it's a nice company but there's no more money. I called them and sent an email complaining about this they are aware of it I can tell by the way they talked to me on the phone, other drivers have been complaining about the same issue, they claim there will be more work because of the Christmas rush but I don't see going back to the way it was in the very beginning it's over already that fast here in Philadelphia.

Make your own hours

Very easy job and making your own hours was great just wished had access to more orders to make it a full time job. Tips are usually very nice but not everyone gives them so doing some deliveries feels like you spend more on gas.

Pros

Make your own hours.

Cons

Not enough orders in the areas I was in.

Things were great in the beginning

When I first started with Shipt, 5 years ago, it was great. I love the flexibility but now it is saturated with shoppers who just don’t care to do their very best for our customers. Shipt has gotten so big, it doesn’t seem to care at all itself. They have hired SO many shoppers that it is a struggle to make any money anymore. Not to mention with the inflation, higher gas prices and less customers tipping, Shipt still lowered our pay. There are almost no bonuses at all anymore. The changes made by the new CEO have made it too difficult to make a living off this job anymore.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Low pay and it makes you feel very unappreciated all around

Good for extra cash

Good for supplemental income. Not something to do full time. Money was good during the pandemic but now the pay has been slashed tremendously. Can get good tips though.

Great flexiblitiy and assistance

This job was great. I made my own hours and met people every time I delivered. Assistance was always avilable with no or very little wait time. I helped the ederly and loved getting treats for the kids.

Pros

Flexibility in work hours and pay

Cons

healthcare

great side hustle

Perfect as a side hustle, and depending on where you live and how much time you put into it, you can turn it into a solid full time job depending on the time of year. Be your own boss, work as much or as little as you want or is available, and the perks provided are handy. I reached the 1K club July 2022 and haven't looked back since.

Pros

Being your own boss (write your own schedule, work as much or as little as you want), building rapport with customers, fast-paced work, holidays can pay well, shopper perks

Cons

certain times of the year are very slow, pay per order could be better, some customers do not provide gratuity even if they had a positive experience with your service, car expenses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shipt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Shipt with

• Shipt
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?