Shire Employee Reviews

Enjoyable productive work environment
Head of R&D QA Compliance (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 5, 2018
Productive place to work that cares about their employees. Great place to work with multiple disciplines and a very diverse employee population. Great motivating culture.
Great Working environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMay 30, 2018
Good place to work. However uncertainty strikes at times.Certain departments seem to be all over the place and could use some better structure and better management. a big component to look into is on boarding and training for new hires.
was a good place to work in the past
Quality Associate I, Pharma Bulk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
It started as a great place to work. Learned many skills at the beginning. Too many changes in management, used as stepping stone for many to advance.
Pros
diversity of co workers
Cons
change in management
Good People to work with, but Poor Management to deal with
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 2, 2018
- 12Hr day or night shifts, with minimal work to be done currently. Makes for extremely long shift.
- Worked with new people, learned a new process
- Extremely poor management in manufacturing departments.
- Very low moral site wide
- Dealing with management, poor organizational skills, not inclusive of supervisors.
- Working directly with technicians, coaching and assisting in development.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Poor Management = Poor Culture = Poor Moral
Shire is a great place to work and has allowed me to advance my career aspirations.
Neuroscience Senior Account Executive Level (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 30, 2018
I have loved my time at Shire and have gained valuable experience across many different therapeutic areas. I have had the pleasure of working for some great leaders and mentors with my 13 years at Shire.
Growing Strong Company
Senior Analyst - Contract Consultant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 24, 2018
Shire is very unique in the products they want to pursue with their customers and has a very strong focus.
I just wish they were a bit more flexible with their work from home culture as it was almost non existent.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Work from home.
Not a bad company to work
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 22, 2018
Shire is a good place to work, excellent benefits, very diverse and most of the people are very nice. The problem is after the integration with Baxalta everything is mess up. People are making decisions with no knowledge about quality systems or policies of the other company and vice verse. Good people leaving, and its a pain to replace people. Its sad whats happening at the company right now.
Pros
benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
lack of knowledge global level
Good company
Hematology Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Keys, FLApril 17, 2018
Shire is a great company to work for, I have been in the company for 2 years. Good benefits!

I don't have the opportunity to work for a good manager, like previous that I have the privilege to work with. Even with my bad experience other managers in the company are very good managers and employees talk great about them.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
They are going to be bought!
The buyers of Baxalta.
Manufacturing Technician IlI (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Back to back layoffs. It was already bad when they bought it. Upper management needs to be more transparent with the employees instead of stringing them for a ride.
Not good since Baxalta acquisition
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 11, 2018
Not a happy place to work. Not at all the same company where I started in 2011. Cutbacks have resulted in a lack of motivation and general distrust of upper management.

Want to know more about Shire?

Ask a question
Shire has the potential to be a great place to work, but the managment hinders the potential. Everyone is set in the old ways of doing things.
Senior Operations Analyst-CAPA Compliance (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 9, 2018
I have been with the company for about 4 years from startup to fully functional facility. The issue is management and the lack of support. A lot of the management is set in their ways of doing things the old way and not looking at other options to progress the culture, overall work experience, and just satisfaction in the job itself.
Shire isn't for the faint at heart
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Shire is much like many other pharma companies in that it has grown tremendously over the years. In that growth, a few of the cultural pillars that made Shire what it once was has been lost. Management often looks to subordinates to place blame and there is very minimal training for non field based jobs. It's a sink or swim environment.
OK to work here
Lab Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 5, 2018
This is biopharmaceutical company, products are good, but lots politics. Chances of promotion very little for brown skin personnel. it is very nice facility brand new building, products manufactured here for rare diseases.
Good work Atmosphere
Sr. Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed my 8 months working at Shire. Pay was good, and teamwork was promoted practice. I would definitely recommend working for shire in the future.
Going downhill - lots of people happy at takeover news
Associate Director IT Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 28, 2018
Was a great company but has been going down hill for the last few years. does poor stock performance drive down morale or does poor morale drive down stock price?
It used to have a patient first culture but not so much now
Cons
Management not trusted
No submission
Head of IT Finance | Associate Direcor FP&A (Former Employee) –  MassachusetsMarch 26, 2018
I will not submit with regard to this question given the confidential nature of my position and my position as a leader within the company and the organization.
summary
Sr Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 21, 2018
Overall good; a global company with facilities in U.S., EU, and Asia. Focuses on rare disease and neuroscience. Going through transformation, many changes, fast paced.
It is a bad company to work for
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 14, 2018
I work really hard for this company. I work more than 40 hours per week but my year end review does not reflect my hard work. People are too busy feeling good of themselves and forget to appreciate others' work.
Very difficult to change career path
Sr. Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Social Circle, GAMarch 13, 2018
Once you are a Manufacturing Tech, it very hard for you to move around or out of manufacturing, they want you there and nowhere else!. A lot of favoritism within the company, you have to know someone in order for you to succeed, they wont notices your work ethics, the amount of hard work that you give them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of coffee for night shift, sometimes 6 up to 8 hours without taking a break, as is a 12hr shift you only get 1 break/lunch.
Good experience
Global Internal Audit, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 13, 2018
Enjoyed my time here. It was great working at Shire. This was a collaborative environment and also fast paced. Received great support from management through projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shire. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight