Shire Employee Reviews

Horrible management and employees. (slave ship)
SPCT (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I've been working here for sometime now and I have to say that this place is an absolute joke. The management is pure narcissists especially two of the CS. They allow the management to talk to you any kind of way they feel like that day. They need and ethics and communication training for sure. I've never seen any managers so lazy. They let kids fresh out of high school run the place. It's so much back stabbing and butt kissing its pathetic. Everybody is in everybody's business. They work you like a slave 8 to 10 hours with no real breaks. God forbid if you happen to have an emergency and call off you won't hear the end of it. People walk around either sad or mad all day long. They have one CS that does whatever she wants and makes up SOP's as she sees fit. Please stay away from this place.!!!!
Benefits
Great 10 Years
Administrative Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAJanuary 9, 2019
I left Shire for personal reasons in 2015. I was very happy in my 10 years there and would recommend them for employment. They offer work/life balance and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hours
Great spot but forever changing
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Great place to work but don't contract here, they are undergoing a buyout and you will be let go. The workplace is a great place to be and everyone is really friendly. If you don't like people talking very loudly at their desks its not for you though.
Going through yet another buyout
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJanuary 3, 2019
What once started as Baxter is now going to be its 4th different company in 5 years. While my area is pretty specialized and safe, there is no room for growth and I have not been promoted once since starting here.
Relaxed environment.
CMMS Coordinator - Contract (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 26, 2018
Shire is a great company to work for. Laid back environment with minimal stress.
As a contractor with Shire I had the opportunity to gain a more in depth knowledge of cGMP / SOP policies and procedures.
Management was greatly involved with training.
Pros
Friendly environment
Good company to work for
Utilities Operations Technician II (Current Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Shire but am looking to advance. My first three years at shire have been very educational as I didn't have Pharmaceutical experience. Now that I have some experience I want to put my engineering degree to use.
Poor Management
Senior Quality Technician VI (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 21, 2018
Poor Management, not truly therebfor their employees. Only there for themselves only. Clickish work environment. Money is the only true incentive there. Watch yourself when speaking up about any good or bad issues. You will become a target for managment.
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
Poor Management
Fast Growth, Dynamic, Quick Paced
Director ERP (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 13, 2018
An exponential growth oriented company that requires employees enjoy challenges, problem solving, quick decisions, high integrity, collaboration, innovation, frequent changes, and most of all, hungry for career growth and learning.
Would not recommend
Senior Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 10, 2018
They staff per business need and they will ask you to leave for the day if it is slow. Training is mediocre at best. The good thing about this job is you do not have to have a phlebotomy certification in order to work here. You will be on your feet for the entire day with minimal breaks for a 8 hour shift. It is definitely a corporate faced environment.
Positive experience
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2018
This is a highly collaborative work environment. Teamwork and integrity are just a few of the key values. Employees take pride in the fact that the work that they do has a positive impact on patients with rare diseases who require specialized medicine.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
You must be comfortable with constant change
Nurses beware
LPN/ Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 4, 2018
This place is a joke- very disrespectful to nurses- EXTREMELY POOR TRAINING, lots of DRAMA & backstabbing. They basically allow high schoolers mange the floor. I worked there 9 DAYS and that was more than enough for me- the first 3-4 days were 10 hours of “SOPS”- sitting at the computer watching videos and when you try to take a break the “trainer” doesn’t allow you to or you have to stay longer than scheduled. When you don’t finish the “SOPS” within 10 hrs- four days straight, they immediately skip over it and try to throw you on the floor without correct training- u definitely will not use nursing skills it’s more like a sales pitch- terrible terrible place- I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Insurance takes effect immediately
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor management, lots of drama, poor training, work schedule changes daily, disrespectful to nurses, poor pay
Corporate Culture
Senior GL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 1, 2018
Shire has a very typical corporate culture. They work employees to the grind. Employees are well compensated. The higher ups are disconnected from general pop. Constant pressure to run lean-do more with less.
Good Leadership
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I have worked for Shire for many years. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with great manager that believed in me and wanted to see me succeed in my role.
Pros
Good managers and health benefits
Cons
uncertain future
Horrible
Market Access (Former Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 21, 2018
Subpar management, training was minimal, unfriendly culture, little to no opportunity for advancement. It was the absolute worst work environment I've ever experienced.
Performance driven culture
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PANovember 14, 2018
Shire has always been a performance driven culture and an aggressive company. Takeda merge is pending January 2019; thus changing name, culture and everything.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
High turnaround
Excellent company; work/life balance / freedom to make imdependent decisions.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 13, 2018
The workday is completely focused on doing your job. Praise and criticism are given appropriately and frequently. Excellent environment; workspace, location, cafeteria is excellent, and a subsidized Starbucks!
Pros
Independence, work/life balance, well respected
Love working here
Manager, Global Supplier Quality (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILNovember 9, 2018
Shire is a great company with many benefits. I am just currently looking for what is next when I want to do what I am doing full-time from a different location. With the Takeda purchase - not necessarily knowing what the future holds.
Worked on a passion project for kids requiring-implantable spinal docks
Clinical Trial Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2018
This was a very fast paced and high-energy environment, this allowed an employee to reach his/her full potential. No ideas were shot down without proper vetting. This was a true testament to the mission driven culture produced by Shire.
Pros
beautiful campus
Changes not for the better
Sr Manufacturing Technician / Work (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 2, 2018
Upper management are out of touch with things that are needed to do our job in a safe and efficient manner. Many times we voice our concerns where our concerns are rarely heard. Add that to the poor work/life balance, this is a company I definitely wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Terrible Management
Poor management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 2, 2018
Shire Covington could be an excelent place for career growth for people with experience and young people to start their careers and within company.
Unfortunately management is terrible. Most of manufacturing management are not qualified for these positions and they cannot perform their responsibilities and depend too much on others, leaving their groups practically with no support. Hiring process is based on friendship or for people with talking skills. Promotions are not based on employee performance. HR doesnt follow their own rules when people apply, all depending of who it is. The culture is terrible and it makes good employees feel unvaluabled.
Pros
New site, good technology
Cons
Bad culture, Extreme poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shire. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss