SHIRLEY CONTRACTING COMPANY Employee Reviews

Job is weather based
LABORER (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 17, 2018
If you are looking for somewhere to work full-time, this isn't it unless you have no rain, snow, or other bad weather. It's ok for making money and having income but your pay is based on the good weather. Benefits suck, they don't kick in until after 2years of employment (except health insurance which is $$). No night differential, no holiday pay. People there stay in your business. Different crews do different things, but for the most part if you don't mind the dirt, mud, bugs, fluctuation of weather temps, nosy people and lots of drug tests, being unorganized and nobody on the same page, then you're good.
shirley
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 7, 2018
It's a great place to work. I was put on a job site with a great superintendent and great foremen. I have been taught a lot and continue to learn new things every day. I highly enjoy working with the people that I do, and for a company like Shirley.
Productive. I like working hard. Help my co workers in everything
Contracting (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAFebruary 22, 2017
I like being secure in a company where i can secure other peple too. The company gives alot of opportunities to people. Like, if they want to operate any eqipment. Its a good oportunity to learn
Cons
Short breaks
Strong company longevity
Pipe layer (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAApril 23, 2015
As a lead man I was disappointed with there lack of willingness to train employees. The people are great. Foreman's show good knowledge and leadership. The most enjoyable part is the work and the people.Hard work and commitment to the job. You will find this here.
good company
loader (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAFebruary 11, 2015
i wish i never left there! was one of the best jobs i had. and it was allways working there men! and u was on one job until u finished that job!
Pros
worked ever day and show up time
Cons