Shoe Sensation
56Below average

Shoe Sensation Employee Reviews

United States301 reviews
My manager was nice and was flexible with my hours. Job duties were not difficult, but sometimes demanding. Part timers don’t get a lot of hours when management is fully staffed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
My store manager is super awesome at what she does. She schedules everyone to what they've asked for and when we need a day off we ask and most times she will give you that day off. The work is easy but it is work if you're doing it right.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
minimal to no training for new management... very poor overgrown toddler staff... if they get in trouble they pouting throwing tantrums. Store was un organized. No training provided...
Pros
shoes were good. And discount was ok
Cons
very poor structure
Corporate leadership is schizophrenic dictating orders policies, procedures, sales and marketing changes almost daily. Price changes are daily and include fake sales that change the retail price to make the sale price look good. Employees are expected to keep up with all this and serve the customers all while filling out a patched together system of software, electronics, and handwritten forms.
Pros
Cons
Modern day wage slavery
You stock shelves, help customers and work as a cashier. The employer and coworkers are really friendly. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get to all the customers the easiest part of the job stocking the shelves.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Upper management doesn’t care about their employees. They have bad communication between upper management and store management. They expect you to put the store before your own mental and physical health. They didn’t close during the Covid pandemic. Risking the lives of employees and families. Overall, the worst company I’ve worked for. $11/hr isn’t enough to live off of, let alone for amount of stress you’re required to deal with
Pros
No pros
Cons
All of the above
Communication within the company is awful. Corporate/Upper Management breeds an environment of animosity because of the lack of communication. Restructuring the districts and regions are forever changing. If you're looking for consistency, this will not be a good fit. Compensation is weak. Prioritizing where the company spends money is loose and training is not a priority.
I worked at shoe sensation for nearly a year and it was a fun atmosphere to work at. Overall it was a good experience and I gained a lot of experience in retail.
Awful place to work. 10/10 do not recommend working there. Pay is awful and so are the employees. The manager did not know how to schedule the employees correctly and would get mad if you requested days off or called in because you were sick.
Bonus promises not followed through. Company constantly reorganizing. Unrealistic expectations of staff putting away inventory, cometing flips and scanning store by hand all prior to opening.
Only thing I disliked is salary positions are required to work 46.5 hours a week. Required to work 2 open to closing shifts a week. Felt like I was never home
The pay was very bad.This would only be a good job if you had another income and didn't depend on it to survive. I like working with the customers and the associates. Not as busy as the big box stores.
If applicants care more about their life, I would not recommend this position. On the other hand, you don't get no commission or raises unless you move up to the position
Other stores may be different, but the one where I was the assistant manager was horrible!! The manager played the associates against each other and the home office always took her word against me. (I did train in a store where the manager was exceptional and seemed to care about her employees.) The most and about the only enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the customers.
Great management team that cares about employees and gives back to the communities that it serves!

This is a progressive growth organization and lots of opportunities for career advancement!
No support from HR department coworker physically violent to other employees low wages long hours if you report any problems you will be fired not good company to work for high turn over rate
Pros
Good vacation policy
Cons
Bad work environment
I worked for this company for 4 years. I had the opportunity to watch it decline. The issue with this company lies in corporate office. The only reason I worked here as long as I did was because I had a good experience at a store level. However, given the more recent "advancements" that has changed. Corporate does not care about their employees. Since the store was taken over by a new CEO, employee benefits have declined or have been taken away. Employees have been forced to work during extreme winter store conditions, such as code red when legally no one is allowed to be on the road. Employees were forced to work during the coronavirus pandemic. Corporate does not listen to employee feedback and refuses to give raises even to their most dedicated workers. Store managers are over worked while sales associates struggle to get more hours. Soon, employees will no longer have any say in their schedule, a computer will "generate" schedules for them. The company wasted money on software instead of investing in their employees. They've taken steps to micromanage stores instead of support them. My recommendation: get a job somewhere else.
The store manager called me a idiot but in a different way because she didn’t know what shoe I had to find for the STS. While doing that in front of customers I stayed calm while she yelled at me sayin I was stupid for wanting days off and because I couldn’t find the “missing” shoes when they were never on the shelf or in back when I first started
Not a company anyone should ever work for. Low pay, horrendous benefits, and no clear corporate structure. It's like working for three separate companies, with seperate goals, that do not communicate with each other.
A wonderful place to work, flexible hours, great pay, ability to accrue vacation hours. All corporate members are very helpful and provide a sense of job security within the company.
I didn't work there long no job training is provided they cut hrs when it's slow . The manager needs to be trained on how to train people she was very rude. I wasn't allowed to take a break I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Sensation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight