Shoe Sensation Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Back up Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 13, 2019
I had worked here over the summer and it was the worst experience I have ever had at a job. The manger was awful and made the assistant pick up her slack. I had gotten yelled at for having my phone up at the front which from the start I was told I could as an assistant backup manager and after I had had a conversation with my manager I had gone back up to the front just to see the two other employees phones sitting right there. All the employees were very helpful and nice. The assistant manager acted as our store manager and did everything the store manager was supposed to be doing and she didn't get paid for it. As an assistant I got paid way less than I should of and this company doesn't give raises. Our manager also would not show up to store meeting she had planned herself and let the assistant to direct the meetings. Not sure if the manager still runs that store, but if she does I would highly recommend not getting a job for this store/company.
Cons
Manager, Work load
Productive and exciting workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Russell, KYMarch 7, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working here and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of work. I learned a lot here about customer service, merchandise truck, and even a lot about shoes health wise.
If you wanna enjoy your home life, family and activities. Dont work here
Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 6, 2019
Raises would be nice. They never give them out . False promises when hired. THEY dont give enough payroll hours for the amount of work you are required to do in and out of store. You have to work 47 hours and peak times 52 hours. Which means no fun time ever to enjoy with your family . They don't give you the help or support from home office . It's always about do this or that or you are fired . Its always thrown in tour face they can and will replace you any time. Have to work alone most of the time due to lack of hours.
Pros
Discounts, customer's, co-workers
Cons
No breaks, No Raises, No supporrt, Threats
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMarch 4, 2019
Good work environment with some competitive goals. The hardest part of this job was the physical labor required from time to time for freight and new floor plans.

I enjoyed getting to know the people in the small community this store was residing within. I had a great staff to work with and enjoyed helping them grow.
Pros
Socializing with customers
Cons
Store was open 7 days a week and on holidays, like most retail stores
Management was fun to with
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 23, 2019
I would come in, start to unload the truck and put them on skids to be taking out to put up on shelves for they can be bought. Management was very happy every morning which put everyone else in a good mood.
Pros
discount on the food court
Cons
no breaks
Nice place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 10, 2019
Small company. Fun to see all the new styles of shoes each season. Nice and helpful management. Great customers. Fun staff. Nice employee discount.
Pay was fair, required hours as manager poor, no time for a personal life, and church
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYFebruary 1, 2019
Very poor support from area directors, Required hours as for managers doesn't allow any time with family nor for church services. Managers spend all their time working long hours with very little training. Area Directors/Specialist only care about spending the company's money and not giving the support required to help their Managers and store be successful. Only thing I liked was the pay!
Cons
Don't trust ANYONE, that works for that company!
Very great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 22, 2019
the best job I ever had.Very relaxed environment, and you never leave without a smile. Everyday at Shoe Sensation was an adventure. Never a dull moment with the crew.
Pros
Amazing work place and crew
Cons
Fun at store level but...
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2019
At the store level it was a lot of fun working there and I made some great friendships with my staff and customers, however Upper management (AD) was most times unprofessional and acted like a toddler when they didn't get what they wanted. The president of the company is an amazing man. I don't think he realizes what really happens in the field though. The payroll is extremely poor and leaves no room for part time employees, making turnover very high. All customer complaints are taken care of via gift cards. Everything is sales driven so corporate level managment doesn't care about anything else until they visit your store and other tasks aren't done then they blame you. Store and staff are constantly belittled by the AD. Just not an environment condusive of producing the results they want. I would not recommend working here. Anywhere else would be better than Shoe Sensation.
Pros
Coworkers, Discount
Cons
Micro managing, threats, little hours and no raises
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNDecember 31, 2018
It could do and be better and it could've been a fun work place shoes always went missing and stuff it wasn't fun working there always got lefted alone by management
My Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKDecember 29, 2018
I enjoy my job when I work with my drama free co workers but on other days some co workers will sit and talk about your personal life with customers. Trust is a big issue with some coworkers
This perticular store
B.u.a then strpped down to c.s.r (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro ohioDecember 28, 2018
The manager and assist manager are great girls. We became good friends, easy going. The lack of hours is upper management not stores fault and so is pay. The new dm was also good.
Pros
Co workers, public
Cons
Hours and pay
Lame and rude management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDDecember 19, 2018
My manager was nothing but the rudest person to me. They were the reason i had left. They would yell at me for no reason at all or for something they hadnt told me about. They made me cry multiple times and made me look like i was nothing in front of customers. They had called me names and i just dealt with it because i needed the money. Highly DONT recommend!
Pros
Discounted shoes
Cons
No benefits, poor management, low pay, no hours.
False promises and lousy corporate management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 7, 2018
Managment from shoe sensation only cares about the sales and benefits from that if you have no sales because s ok me one takes your sale they think you are not benefiting the company so they tend to kick you under the bus
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Bad management, little to no hours, false promises, only people high ups know gets the promotions.
Stressful and Drama filled work environment
Back-up Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIDecember 7, 2018
Not a nice place to work. After being there for a week or so, you realize you got yourself into a bad situation. They need new management leaders (manager and assistant manager). Very disappointed in the lack of professionalism
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Management, lack of training, pay, hours, drama
Great job for experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 1, 2018
It’s a lovely place to work part time and it has great experience opportunities. Corporate is a mess but it’s a fun company to work for in store if you have a decent manager
Pros
Easy and laid back
Cons
Low pay, no corporate support in stores
Lack of diversity and inclusion
Employee (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 20, 2018
The company lacks diversity and inclusion. The company could use some training and step outside of their comfort zone and hire more people from different backgrounds and ethnicities.
Slow paced and not good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARNovember 7, 2018
If sales are low, hours will get cut. Very slow paced environment with a lot of repetition. Decent pay, flexible hours, management cares about your personal life
Pros
discounted shoes
Cons
slow pace
Very Productive fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHNovember 5, 2018
Shoe Sensation is a very relaxed job. The main goal is to have excellent customer service. Selling shoes is also a top priority, I would recommend working there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
short staff
I feel as though if they want to keep employees they should have more experienced Managers.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILNovember 1, 2018
I really loved the store. The discount was great and some of the employees I really enjoyed. The Manager at the time of my employment could have been better.
Pros
Discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Sensation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight