SHOE SHOW INC Employee Reviews

Everyday is different and boost confidence on oneself
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 17, 2019
Each work day is different, that is one of the things I find the most enjoyable part of the job. Mondays we work on shipment, Tuesdays continue shipment (that is if we have a larger shipment), Wednesday we work on shifting the shoe boxes to the shelves, and Thursday we continue. Fridays are usually putting the accessories, candy, purses, socks, etc. out on the sales floor that came in shipment. Also, during the same day, we work on the stockroom where we store the left shoe for certain brand shoes and make it nice and neat. Our goal is to have everything done by Friday so we can just focus on helping customers on Saturdays and Sundays. Overall, I have experienced and learned many things, one being able to be more open to customers and my coworkers.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Benefits for part-timers
typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2019
normal good job to work for , you learn alot from working here and its very good management. felt very comfortable working there , felt right right at home !
Pros
learning skills
Cons
no lunch provided
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAApril 16, 2019
I enjoyed working ar Shoe Show....the time I was there was a great learning experience....i started as a part-time employee and ended as store manager
Would not recommend
Starting: Sales Associate, Current: Key holder (Current Employee) –  Athol, MAApril 16, 2019
I am a key holder (assistant manager), I only make a dollar more than a sales associate with a whole lot more responsibility. Company does NOT care about its employees and you will be shafted often. System is old fashioned and needs lots of updating. The company will not pay to fix things that are broken, that comes out of the managers pocket. There are no annual employee reviews or anything of the sort, if you want a raise you have to ask a higher up and majority of the time, the answer is no. I am considered part time but I work full time hours. The job itself is just like any other retail job. Definitely would not recommend to any friend of mine
Pros
Discount
Cons
No employee reviews, lacks benefits, no opportunity for raises, company doesn’t care about employees
Shoe Dept
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 8, 2019
Most of the time, you get paid minimum wage (which is improved by commission). The job isn't a bad one if you have really good management. Majority of the time, if you work hard and you have a great manager the job is great, however is the management if poor the job can be extremely frustrating.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Unreliable management
Ok place to work
sales and record keeping procedures and practices (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 5, 2019
I had a great team when I first started working. After the manager was promoted it went down hill. Some how two works kelp it together. If you have a great manager you'll have a great store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only on Regular price
Family oriented
Assisant manager (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALApril 4, 2019
Loved working here. I helped open the store here in my hometown which lead to me being hired on as the assistant manager. I loved it, and if it wasnt for the military and being stationed at tyndall i wouldnt have left. I worked long hours and the job was demanding especially during certain holiday (tax time, back to school, christmas, etc.) but it was totally worth it. I had planned on transferring to the shoe dept in florida after i got there but then found out we were expecting our daughter so i stayed home. But i would work for them again in a heartbeat now that im back home. Im sad they closed the shoeshow here in my hometown.
Pros
hours, pay, advancement
Cons
none really
Easy, physical job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYApril 2, 2019
Requires a mix of physical work and customer service. It also requires knowledge of different footwear and products relating to them. Must be able to pay attention to detail.
Worst place to work ever!
None - we have no titles (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 2, 2019
If I knew then what I know now, I NEVER would have accepted a position. I tell everyone I know to avoid this hole at all costs. They do not care about employees. They care about money and appearances, not a "Christian" company. They have the community completely fooled.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement to the nth degree
Store managment wasn't up to par.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 29, 2019
Assisted with opening and closing store. Made inventory, recevied shipments to be placed on sales floor. Managed store and staff. Balanced cash drawers, made deposits. Assisted customers with selections.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Some of the store policies were out dated.
Productive fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCMarch 27, 2019
I loved my job at Shoe Show, I just didn’t have enough hours there and it weren’t really worth the 20 minute drive to work 2 hours. Overall it’s a great workplace for a first job.
was a crazy place to work
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMarch 20, 2019
That was a crazy place to work so much bad management there I had to leave just because I seen good workers getting run in the mud and that was not right in my book
only the best
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 20, 2019
only the favorites get raises and promotions in this place and also there is raciest at this place where they hold people back because of raciest and favorites
Pros
relax
Cons
no pay raise after 90 days
Stretching flexibility to the limits
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 8, 2019
A typical day at work is very slow or very busy quickly, including the majority of the time putting up new inventory, and making sure the store is overall straightened, I learned how to multitask the job along with costumers, the hardest part of the job was getting freight up on time. The worst part of the job was the extent of flexibility they drive you too, hours were all over the place at times I wasn’t notified when my schedule changed making me me early/ late or miss work all together.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Not enough hours for wage.
don't know
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCMarch 5, 2019
I'm more indifferent about working at shoe show than I am anything.
The management is strict but fair when it comes to sticking to shoe show policies.
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Anniston - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 4, 2019
Shoe Department was a wonderful job with an excellent staff. I loved helping my customers with what they truly needed. Management is/was amazing and working here taught me a lot about how to work with people, keeping my work space clean and neat , and how to properly handle customer service issues.My workplace culture was very nice and felt like I belonged there. The only thing that was hard about working here was keeping all boxes straightened while the store was busy but other than that this job is amazing in my opinion.
Pros
Commission
Cons
There are really no cons to this job.
This company is a fun and competitive place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 4, 2019
My day usually started early morning, like 8-8:30am lasting 10 to 12 hours. My scheduled work hours was 48 hour work week. I had to do more than that on most weeks, Just to get everything required of me done. My staff consist of only two part timers. One was my part time assistant at maybe 25 hours and the other at 12 - 15 hours. Scheduling could be tasking sometimes.
It was overall a great experience work with the company. I had so much fun learning so much about the business. I believe I could have advance with opportunity.
Pros
The customers, staff and pay.
Cons
Hours too long for a family with small children
poor managment
1st Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 1, 2019
place was an all around MESS when I was there. it may have gotten better now since the manger I had does work there anymore but, it was horrible for me. too much personal drama.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMarch 1, 2019
Show-Show is a great company to start working at especially if it your first job company has good management and organizations skills and they well give you the opportunity to grow and show your skills if you do choose to do so
I left due to discrimination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, NCMarch 1, 2019
My male co-worker who was hired from the outside, not within, was allowed to show his tattoos but I couldn't show mine, even though I don't have any offensive, scary or derogatory tattoos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHOE SHOW INC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight