SHOES FOR CREWS

SHOES FOR CREWS Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews

crewbenefitcompanyemployeepaymanagementplacegreat

Great co-workers

A good steady job until it was bought out. It is not family owned any longer and has a more corporate feel. They laid off a lot of folks and relocated the office.

Toxic culture with unrealistic sales goals.

If you value peace of mind, team work and culture, stay away from Shoes For Crews. The ELT is toxic and filled with micromanagers. Sales reps are expected to do everything but sell. The sales team is inundated with reports, team meetings and customer services issues. In three months I have witnessed a significant talent drain from respected individuals that possessed institutional knowledge of key accounts and product. The Individuals were either terminated without reason or resigned. This is a dead end job with no growth and a whole lot of stress! I’m looking for the exit fast.

SHOES FOR CREWS insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work!

SFC is a fantastic company! They care about their employees, they strive to keep everyone informed and engaged, the pay is good and they benefits are decent.

Pros

Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Located in Boca

Look elsewhere

Below average pay, terrible management, very poor communication. You can do much better. Handling of the pandemic was a joke. HR is more interested in stupid zoom games than the actual well-being of their employees.

Nice building to working in

Was happy to leave with the experience I learned. High volume of accounts. Good company for the community with charity events. Overall a learning experience.

It’s okay.

Management doesn’t promote you unless you are friends with them outside of work or have things in common with them.. The job was cool but the management sucks get better leaders. Stop promoting and hiring friends

Pros

Shoes

Cons

The Worst Company to work for!

Shoes For Crews is the worst company I have worked for. I regret staying as long as I did at this company. Management only cares about themselves. If they didn’t see me scrubbing the tiles I had no “initiative”. There is no work and life balance here, absolutely no flexibility unless you are a key holder or kiss-up to one of the manager. The amount of stress and negative energy this job puts on you is not worth the pay or time. There is no raises in this company unless you are a key holder. Trust me you are better off somewhere else. Management does not care about part-timers and are constantly talking bad about their employees. Management only sees the bad/mistakes as they have said. Forget privacy here because managers will talk about your personal life to everyone or having a life outside of shoes for crews because they will use that against you.

Pros

Cons

No insurance, low or nothing on raises, stress, scrubbing tiles, limited breaks, everything

Fun, progressive work environment.

The best agency I ever worked for. My department was so much fun! Edgy progressive environment. There is so much to learn, you will grow if you assert.

Pros

Free merchandise, especially footwear

Cons

Short Breaks

I really didn’t care for the job atmosphere there.

Everybody was there for themselves; however, people were very nice there. I did get to do my own thing there by getting conventions ready. They did have nice shoes.

Pros

Big break room and my own desk

Cons

No benefits

Wasn't stable

Change of CEOs. Management expectations were personal and did not align with company objectives. Managers compartmentalized employees for their benefit.

Pros

Monthly lunch

Cons

Limited resources

Nimble, evolving culture with engaged leadership team.

Shoes For Crews is doing a great job updating company structure, both technologically and also with departmental overhauls. The ever-evolving structure is a great fit for folks who like change and enjoy learning new technology.

Good work environment but lack of leadership

The office environment is great. My peers are supportive. My immediate supervisor is great. However, uper management is lacking leadership. HR personnel are committed to the company and not associates. The place has a lot of potential and offers great benefits.

Good company

There was a lot of changes done from 2015-2017. Like the original owners sold to a new owner and a lot of cutbacks was done and laid off as well and the company relocated to a smaller location all to keep the company running.

Small, close-knit team

Steady, easy retail work. Hours are semi-flexible. Small, family-like team. Do not participate in Black Friday, so that's nice. A chill environment with a semi-casual dress code.

Reliable job

Provides challenges and promotes goal setting. Reliable, consistent job with nice staff. Fair pay and great benefits. Beautiful, positive working environment.

Great office and new work space equipment.

The work environment is comfortable and the company does pay attention to employees. HR department is supportive and accessible. Management has been a bit of a revolving door. There have been quite a few changes in the last three years.

Don’t bother to apply

There is no company culture. The CEO replaced the leadership team with all of his buddies, typical boys club. There were only 2 females in the ELT and they were not even invited to the “executive strategizing meeting” off site. The only way to survive is by drinking the “kool aid”. You are seen as “difficult” or “going against their PATH, when you ask questions or don’t do whatever the VPs ask, then they fire you

Productive and fun work place

It was a temporary job. The people were extremely nice and a lot of fun. I would have stayed if they had a full time position available, but they didn't.

Early owners were great to work for. Venture capital came in and destroyed the culture

Great co-workers. Management is very silly. No room to grow in company. Benefits are great. Medical, dental, vision, life and 401 K. They make good non slip shoes.

UPS doesn't like to promote good worker's

This place doesn't give the good employees credit. They claim to have an open door policy but if you go against management's wishes you are considered a threat to then even if your idea is well thought out.

Intimidating work atmospere

Pay is below average Management is very strict and very little flexibility for employee. Atmosphere of control through intimidation and degradation

Common questions about SHOES FOR CREWS

Answered by current and former employees at SHOES FOR CREWS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHOES FOR CREWS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight