Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Missouri - Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2018
Good place to work, work environment good, respectful. Does need to provide more training to new employees, and followup training when changing departments.
Love collaboration at the firm.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Great training, management, and opportunities. Variety in work. Opportunity to work independently, and ideas and recommendations are heard by team. Senior co-workers are available for consultation and advise. All members of team receive recognition. The company is transparent with future plans, budgets, profits, etc.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Advancement is a little slow.
Excellent Opportunities
Manager - Conflicts & New Business Department (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2018
Great organization to work for. Many advancement opportunities. Truly cares about the professional staff. Top notch computer and software tools. Excellent hours.
Section Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2017
I am currently working in intellectual property as a section assistant and love my job. I process invoices and information disclosure statements, and other miscellaneous duties. I am staying with this company and am looking for a part time job.
Document Specialist
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2017
Perform daily distribution of electronic files as they arrive in the inbox, and create file folders and labels. Pull and checkout documents for attorneys and staff. Coordinate off site storage of closes cases.
Weak Management
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
Very stoic and clique-ish work environment. Upper management has allowed bad behavior of long time employees from partners to administrative staff run amok. If you're in the lowest level of the administrative staff, there is no room for advancement. You will be left to fend for yourself. Long time employees are unwilling to share knowledge and are very proprietary about their knowledge.
Pros
Benefits kick in as soon as you start
Cons
Fun place good group of co-workers
Legal Administrative Assistant II (LAA) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2017
Shook was a good place to work with a great staff of good people. Very organized when it came to litigation and to delegate to the various departments. Heavy desk with the attorney ratio was 1-5, but always had 7-8 on your desk. So prioritizing and staying organized was a must.
Pros
Staff events, lunches quartley
Cons
Felt like Supervisors didn't have your best interest when trying to explain various situations.
Great People
Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Answered questions and furnished information to keep executives’ time free of minor detail type of work. Responsible for supporting all aspects of the office which included; support staff, supporting all incoming and outgoing correspondence, ordering and dispensing office supplies and maintaining highly complex files.
Prepared legal documents, such as pleadings, discovery and correspondence, using various software programs. Filed and served all legal documents with the courts and opposing counsel.
Pros
great place
Cons
I enjoyed the legal field as a Legal Secretary.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
It was a nice company to work for. There were advancements as I started out as a Secretary in Document Control and advanced to a Legal Secretary for the Tobacco Library.
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Shook Hardy & Bacon merged in March 2015 with the firm I hired into, Grippo & Elden. The dynamics of the office changed to something I no longer wanted to be a part of.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long commute

Want to know more about Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP?

Ask a question
Of Counsel (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Interesting, challenging work and supportive work environment. Good benefits and reasonably good management. Employees treated with trust and respect for the most part.
The firm is growing rapidly but can be an unprofessional work environment regarding some of the attorneys
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 15, 2015
I have learned a lot, but desire growth with another law firm. I feel unappreciated at times, would like an environment with more opportunity.I really enjoy analyzing and summarizing records, testimony and documents.
Fast paced and rewarding
Legal Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Very fast paced and interesting work in a professional atmosphere. Benefits of working for a large corporation but with the "small office" feel. Coworkers are very friendly and always willing to help. Numerous resources.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow advancement
Great firm to work
Conflicts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Shook is a great place to work. There is room for advancement, great technology and friendly employees
A very interesting and challenging tasks to complete each day.
Floating Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2014
I learned many things at the law firm. The opportunity to work with attorneys in different types of areas. The variety of things that we did each day, never the same day twice. It was also rewarding to accomplish helping clients or potential clients get to the right attorney to help them with their needs.
The work enviroment is positive and great co-workers
Clerk/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriSeptember 17, 2013
The main part of my job is customer service. I assist the employees which include the partners, associates, LAA's with their requests. I do projects for my manager and other employees. I have a mix of physical projects and computer projects. I also assist in the dispatch department. In this department I deal with couriers for the filings to the courthouses, packages from outside sources(FedEx, UPS), assign jobs for our department to assist the employees. I log all the work I do for the dispatch department in excel. I am a team player with my co-workers and have many friends at work. The co-workers are great and I enjoy my job.
Pros
The hours, wages, co-workers
Cons
The job is limited for advancement
Environment is all about diversity and providing employees with the necessary tools needed to succeed
Project Assistant - Pharmaceutical Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2013
Typical day at my job includes responding to emails and sending out emails to alert litigation team members to new cases received. I also update databases/spreadsheets to reflect receipt of plaintiff produced documents. The hardest part of my job is probably just trying to keep up with all the new case filings as they are voluminous. I enjoy catching mistakes and bringing them to the attention of the relevant people. Management is great at my current job as there is a great deal of autonomy.
Pros
Free lunch several times a year
Cons
Lack of advancement; compensation
Highly employee oriented, great benefits package
Admin. Asst, Litigation Support Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2013
Very good education and advancement possibilities as well
I learned a lot about the law and how it works at this job
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2013
I worked in the pharmaceutical department, and was assigned a major case which required me to be in a locked secluded room. It was exciting to work at this job, and see how the law functions. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had, and only left to start a family.
Pros
worked with awesome people, learned and was challenged
Litigation Secretary (Tobacco Division) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2013
Nice people; great attorneys, compensation and benefits, interesting work
Pros
nice people and salary
Cons
large firm, a little impesonal