Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Records Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2019
No comment at this time I enjoyed working in the field and department that I was hired for. Enjoyed most of the co workers and attorneys. I was able to work as a team member which I enjoy working with teams so the job can get done
Pros
The parites was niece most of the times
Cons
I would have like to choose my choice of Health Insurance
Excellent attorney-paralegal communication; organized cases
Paralegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2019
Enjoyed learning about anti-trust law and applying paralegal techniques of document control to two anti-trust cases, one a plaintiff's case whose deposition reached 26 or more volumes, requiring multiple cross-referencing by person and subject matter; and the other in which one of the defendants in a multi-district case was our client (the Missouri Beef cases). The firm is very distinguished and well-known, and had an established paralegal staff as well as a research staff to keep up with developments in medical research affecting the Eli-Lily product liability cases. Escellent experience.
Pros
Well organized library, paralegal section, research team, as well as attorney assignments.
Cons
Complicated case work, limiting work duties mostly to document control if a paralegal.
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2019
I worked in a satellite office. I did not find it to be managed well and I feel it could be the lack of oversite by the head office. I feel that new management should come in.
Steady work, comfortable work environment
Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2018
• Reviewed and analyzed e-discovery documents in complex pharmaceutical litigation for multi-million dollar international corporate concern.
• Skilled in the use of Lextranet electronic document software to determine the relevance and feasibility of disclosure of client documents requested for production.
• Evaluated documents and client records to determine privileges under federal and common law, business and trade secrets and available defenses to production.
Pros
Consistent guidance on project requirements
You can’t describe it
Medical Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  KansascityOctober 30, 2018
Every day was like stepping into another dimension. It is impossible to put it into words Definitely learned much about law and gained appreciation for the importance of remaining objective.
Pros
Very smart people
Cons
HIGHLY competitive
Good organization to work for.
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2018
The firm is generally good to its non-attorney staff. Benefits are very good. Pay raises are performance-review based. Bonuses are based on over-all performance of the firm. Work environment is attractive, comfortable and well-appointed.
Known Firm but bad culture
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2018
Can be fast paced. Lots of learning opportunities and training. Management is not the best. Bad company culture. Very cliquey and lots of sabotage. Highly stressful job.
Great Place to Work
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2018
SHB has grown to a national leader in law firms. Their client base is very diverse and spread throughout the US. The firm headquarters is a nice building.
A very good place to get deeply involve in technology
Network Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2018
A typical day is checking to make sure the network is operating optimally, that all user issues are addressed in a timely and professional manner, the hardest part is the on call weekend schedule.
Pros
Free access to software
Cons
very stressfull when users are not getting their issues resolved as quickly as they want
Not the worst place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2018
There is too much favoritism and good-old-boy network. Efficiency is not a job requirement in any position, and hard work seems to be frowned upon. Entirely too much waste of resources, especially people, and no concern for career progression for non attorneys.
Good job
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 28, 2018
I learn a lot on this work. Good management. A lot to grew professionally. Good place to start over and eventually grow. Very competitive atmosphere on the job.
Williams Lea Tag @SHB
Deskside Support Technician Williams Lea Tag (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2018
The company is very demanding. One day you could be resetting password, then you could imaging a loaner laptop for a senor partner on Easter Day. There are many wonderful people to deal with, but all days are stressful. There is always a fire to put out.
Pros
quarterly lunches, great people, wide range of issues
Cons
inconsistant policies for IT applied, many special one off situations
summary
LAN Support Technician /Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work.

I learned Citrix Administration, server administration and active directory.

I have nothing further to add.

I loved my job it is just time to move out of IT.
Pros
great benefits
Missouri - Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2018
Good place to work, work environment good, respectful. Does need to provide more training to new employees, and followup training when changing departments.
Love collaboration at the firm.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Great training, management, and opportunities. Variety in work. Opportunity to work independently, and ideas and recommendations are heard by team. Senior co-workers are available for consultation and advise. All members of team receive recognition. The company is transparent with future plans, budgets, profits, etc.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Advancement is a little slow.
Data Entry
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
At this job I typically spent my day typing information into a company data storing software with speed and accuracy. Many times I was complimented by my manager on my ability to type fast but yet accurate. I miss this job the most. The people were easy to work for, it was a laid back environment, and most of the co-workers were very easy to get along with. I was sad when this job ended due to not enough work to keep on the labor.
Cons
temporary position
Comfortable Place to Work
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I worked many years there and transitioned from attorney to another when they had management changes. Overall a very comfortable place to work if you like to follow lots of rules. However, I will say that the firm is run with excellent organization and structure. They were also very supportive of me while I was going to school during my employment.
Pros
Stable and Comfortable
Cons
Terrible Miami office manager and supervisor
Excellent Opportunities
Manager - Conflicts & New Business Department (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2018
Great organization to work for. Many advancement opportunities. Truly cares about the professional staff. Top notch computer and software tools. Excellent hours.
Productive and fun workplace/great window office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2017
SHB was a very successful and busy law office. I worked in the computer department and enjoyed my position as well as my superiors. The hardest part was learning some new products but adapted. The most enjoyable was the number of employees. I was always meeting and making new acquaintances.
Pros
Fun Holiday Celebrations
Cons
Downtown KC - A lot of traffic
Section Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2017
I am currently working in intellectual property as a section assistant and love my job. I process invoices and information disclosure statements, and other miscellaneous duties. I am staying with this company and am looking for a part time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP Reviews by Location