Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP Pay & Benefits reviews

Lack of advancement oportunities, poor management
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2019
Poor work culture for administrative staff, a lot of pressure and high expectations and low budgets. Expected to do the work of five people and don't work overtime. You are not rewarded for your hard work but if you lack the knowledge or continue to make mistakes your are highly rewarded. They do offer great benefits and allow for some flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
atmosphere
summary
LAN Support Technician /Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work.

I learned Citrix Administration, server administration and active directory.

I have nothing further to add.

I loved my job it is just time to move out of IT.
Pros
great benefits
Weak Management
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
Very stoic and clique-ish work environment. Upper management has allowed bad behavior of long time employees from partners to administrative staff run amok. If you're in the lowest level of the administrative staff, there is no room for advancement. You will be left to fend for yourself. Long time employees are unwilling to share knowledge and are very proprietary about their knowledge.
Pros
Benefits kick in as soon as you start
Records Staff
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2017
Great people and management. Long established firm with job security being pretty good.

Commuting to San Francisco is the only downside but they do offer commuter check help.
Productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2017
Productive and typical day at work. Work environment is balanced and professional. I enjoy working with the professional staff and the attorneys. It is a diverse environment.
Pros
Sometimes free lunchs and Happy Hours
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Shook Hardy & Bacon merged in March 2015 with the firm I hired into, Grippo & Elden. The dynamics of the office changed to something I no longer wanted to be a part of.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long commute
Of Counsel (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Interesting, challenging work and supportive work environment. Good benefits and reasonably good management. Employees treated with trust and respect for the most part.
Staff
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2015
It is a great place to work and the health benefits were fantastic when I was employed there. I enjoy the atmosphere of the company and the fellow employees as we worked in a team setting.
Pros
Staff
Fast paced and rewarding
Legal Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Very fast paced and interesting work in a professional atmosphere. Benefits of working for a large corporation but with the "small office" feel. Coworkers are very friendly and always willing to help. Numerous resources.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow advancement
Environment is all about diversity and providing employees with the necessary tools needed to succeed
Project Assistant - Pharmaceutical Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2013
Typical day at my job includes responding to emails and sending out emails to alert litigation team members to new cases received. I also update databases/spreadsheets to reflect receipt of plaintiff produced documents. The hardest part of my job is probably just trying to keep up with all the new case filings as they are voluminous. I enjoy catching mistakes and bringing them to the attention of the relevant people. Management is great at my current job as there is a great deal of autonomy.
Pros
Free lunch several times a year
Cons
Lack of advancement; compensation
Very productive and hands on company.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2013
Absolutely enjoyed working for this comapny. I was busy from the moment I walked in the door until it was time for me to go home for the day. This was a temporary assignment and I was treated as if I was one of Shook's employees with all of the benefits. Great managemnet and great co-workers as well.
Pros
always willing to teach new tasks.
Cons
temporary assignment
Litigation Secretary (Tobacco Division) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2013
Nice people; great attorneys, compensation and benefits, interesting work
Pros
nice people and salary
Cons
large firm, a little impesonal
Too Much Administration
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2012
Unfortunately, it does not matter how well attorneys rate your job performance or how well you work together. Administration runs the firm and makes all of the decisions regarding your assignments, evaluations, and treatment.
benefits
Cons
too much administration.