Shop smart

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Good experience

Every job is a good experience but this supermarket wasn't organized. My co-workers were nice but the bosses were very unfair and demanding. I felt more at work than at home.

decent place-nothing is fair

you wll be treated good at first-then as u work they will take ur hours to benifit a ex-coworker friends or girlfriend-there are different rules for different people; I wanted to work at shop smart for yrs,but once I was there 'I consider this LaPine Shop Smart was one of the worst jobs I have ever had'

It was definitely a trip.

I wanted to work for a long time and was never able to because of the job drought near me and the fact that I wasn’t experienced at all. However shop smart did take me under despite not having experience and I am grateful. With this being said I cannot disregard their shortcoming simply because of that deed. At first I loved the job mainly because I did a simple task and got paid at first it being 10and I liked it, though throughout the months it did start to slip off quickly because of the fact that everybody stopped interacting as much although I went out of my way to try and revitalize

Co workers are nice.

I learned a lot about the grocery business. Teamwork. The rules were not consistent. Training is three days. The rest of the job you have to figure out on your own. Some cashiers that worked there longer than me were asking me questions as to how to do things. Could be the store or possibly corporate

Pros

Helpful people that work there, The customers are great.

Cons

Little chance for advancement, low wages, and no raises, or personal reviews.

shop smart

shop smart was a great place to work , the pay was'nt the best but the job was low stress,slow paced and fair for what it paid .people where treated like people which is more then i can say for brookings fred meyer.

Pros

easy work

Cons

not much money

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Wonderful place to work.

i had so much fun running the customer service desk. With movie rentals, western union transactions, check cashing, cigerette and liquor sales, returns i was always busy.

Pros

always busy

Cons

they went out of business

nice place

ita a great place to work just need to understand Spanish other then that ever thing is ok thanks later i keep trying to leave this page but wont let me

worked in deli

The work was faced paced during certain hours. The baker left all their dishes for the down time deli workers. Lots of dishes. I had a great manager.

Happy

Overall satisfied with Shop Smart. I would have continued working there if I hadn't relocated. I would recommend Shop Smart to any friend or family member.

Good job for first timers.

I worked here in and out of High School. For teens just needing to make money while going to school or pay some bills it is not too bad of a place to work.

Pros

Good for teens or starting out jobs.

Cons

Pay and no benefits.

Fun, friendly and safe place to work.

I would work the registers. I learned how to use the register. Stock and rotate inventory. Work file maintence and the customer service counter. I enjoyed most of my managers.

Fast Pace Working. Manageable, have to deal with heavy customers. I've Learned so much is my field. Hardest part of job is when problems happen and most enjoyable will be working as a team.

productive work place

Very laid back productive work place, learned how to work very closely with customers.

Pros

friendly management

Cons

lack of hours

Ok

Not to friendly Employees would talk down on you. Send you home if you were a little slow. Boss never there. Customers were very nice.

Pros

coupons

Cons

little to no breaks, short lunch

Great experience to begin finances

very little time was given to me but I loved starting my financial path here.

ok place to work for.

stocking shevs cutting meat helping custmers.some of my co-workers are lazey and i fined my self doing there job on top of mine.

Common questions about Shop smart

Answered by current and former employees at Shop smart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shop smart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
2.8
  • Shop smart
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?