SHOPBOP
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

SHOPBOP Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews

fastbenefitemployeehourcompanypaypeoplegood

Was a great job when I started.

It was a great job when I started but it quickly went down hill. The favoritism is crazy and upper management doesn’t care. You will be over worked quickly. Black out dates run long. We had over mandatory overtime for 8 months. Working 11hr days for 6 days a week. And you could not use vacation or pto in that time.

Exciting but so disappointing

Super high turnover and they hire temporary freelancers to avoid paying out benefits. Not the friendliest people and super cliquey, lots of turnover and a typical day is pretty stressful.

SHOPBOP insights

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Worst Management on Earth

Egocentric, unethical, uneducated site lead management with the most unethical crew you will ever encounter on a job. Prepare to see employees taking a (number 2) in the bathroom with an open door.....and managers...well....clapping their hands to it.If you like to work within clowns and bullies with the most inept site lead management.... this is the place for you!

Great place for starters

Lots have changed over time few years. Many people have come and go. Managers have come and go. First shift has a very high turnover rate. You are trained in everything you do. Pros: Great benefits for blue badges who are in the company. Healthcare benefits Aetna or blue cross, 401K, Amazon stock, Delta Dental all given on your first day hired on. PTO and VTO available, Vacation Pay. Unpaid Leave of Absence. This job allowed me to take off a few months to visit family. Amazon approves this. You are an Amazon employee. You can move up.Cons: Although owned by Amazon things are not universally followed the same way. This company does evolve but they need a new system. Took a very long time to get raises or bonuses. They are constantly hiring new people but can't seem to keep them. They have their go-to people who are overworked in the same areas and not always moved around. Job gets very boring and you are burned out after so many years. You are expected to hit rates and if you hurt yourself your time is limited. They can't seem to keep area managers major red flag as to why people don't always move up. The pay may seem ok but after years of waiting to get a decent raise and seeing this on your paycheck once your burned out your done. They will deny you for vacation during sales which are on every holiday especially from September-December. You have no time to spend time with family and friends. Overall this is a good place to work. Many people who have lasted years always leave and never come back. Some do come back.

Great place, bad flexibility

They offer awesome benefits such as PTO, double Overtime, double holiday pay and bonuses for vaccinations. I would say schedule is not flexible and pay could be better considering how much work they have you doing.

Good for start

Is a good company if your just starting out. Benefits are great , coworkers were awesome . Is just hard to see a career with a job type like this . Long hours required often

Good pay, super diverse

This job was super fun! The competition was fun and the hours were manageable! The management always told you how well you did that week and things you could work on. I met some great people here and anyone who works here will enjoy it!

Pros

Pay, fixed schedule, employees

Cons

Parking

I still have nightmares

There were good things about working for Shopbop. Excellent compensation, incentive bonus program (via parent co. Amazon), and benefits. Prior to Amazon acquisition the culture was genuinely entrepreneurial and the successes of the company highly inspiring. After Amazon acquisition the focus shifted abruptly to growth and market dominance for its own sake (and the sake of Amazon's acquisitive prime directive to increase revenues). Overwhelmingly when I reflect on the totality of the experience, I am often taken with anxiety. Senior management continuously pushed my group to produce more than was reasonable, and many people suffered from this condition. Seasonal peaks had many people working 60 to 80+ hours / week. Turnover went from nominal to very high as the post-acquisition conditions matured.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Heavy workloads, monomaniacal pressure to increase revenue / margins

Decent Job

Great first time job. Starting pay is pretty decent for the work that you do. They have 2 facilities so it is sometimes mandatory to work at the main building to help with the workload especially when the company is having sales. Benefits are great! People and management are okay. You will stay busy here.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, Decent pay, Great benefits

Enough overtime to make good money

You would have tons of overtime working here and make plenty of money to live. But no time for rest and they work you till you burn out there. Which is fine for the company because they will just bring in new employees. There is no work life balance at this company. Mandatory overtime is a must. You are constantly told you need to hit better numbers everyday. Very stressful environment and managers do not care for the employees. The best thing about working here is I made tons of overtime pay and was able to buy a house and pay to put my husband through college than left the company.

Okay pay. Must be fast paced if you're a temp or you might not get hired on

Pretty good for the most part. You are timed so work fast. The manager i had was never around so they have other people appointed to help you for a couple days then you're basically on your own. But it was pretty easy work and it went by quick!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Manager barely helps

Hrs can be nice.

I don't think the managers truly care about you, several times they mention the stock they own in amazon and that tells me they only care about themselves.

There to the point

I was there for a short time but the time there was great I was well supported and it was a very safe environment for everyone to work safely.........

Good place to work for, not to hard not to easy. Everyone there is an good employee/ co worker

Had a great time at Shopbop. Great people, good money, also getting a little workout in during the day. Can be a little hectic at times when the machines go down or there’s some sort of issue but what place isn’t right?

Probably Pass

Fluency is required in the usual ecommerce buzzwords, so bone up! And be prepared to spend a lot of time convincing yourself having the experience on your resume is worth it. ShopBop management is pretty negative, they talk about employees, usually it’s personal and offensive. Often right in the middle of the open office plan where we can all hear. They offer no real training or support when questions arise. They rely too much on contract workers, creating an even worse impression of the turnover there, which is pretty high. People leave and transfer out constantly. Don’t pity those who remain, they are in their element and will likely thrive there for a long time!

Opportunity for growth

Management can be finicky and shifts frequently. A lot of room for growth if provided the opportunity. Long hours during promotions which can negatively impact work life balance.

Nothing good horrible place!

They don’t tell you that you will be forced to work 60hr weeks 6 days a week always on your feet either walking or standing. They have no training and then will punish you for messing up! 100% warehouse no daylight ever. They will not tell you that they will force you to go to different locations that day. Extremely strict on attendance you can get up to 20 points but you get 3 points just for coming back from break late

Good

I enjoyed working for shopbop. They do a lot for their employees especially during shop week where employees have to work 12 hr days. The other employees are very helpful and it has an overall good working environment

Corporate culture

New hires are valued more than people that have been there awhile. Productivity is valued more than safety, quality and etiquette. There's no accountability for management.

Skin Deep

Management is lacking in communication to better help ground level employees and, when asked for help, the common response is "I don't have an answer for you, sorry." And don't think hard work pays off. You will be minimally recognized if at all and certainly no raise or incentive for hard work either. The ground level employees are generally good to work with.

there is a good atmosphere

we collect the fashion products in totes that are placed on carts ... the collections are not zone and by reason with the help of a scanner that's what I did at shopbop

Common questions about SHOPBOP

Answered by current and former employees at SHOPBOP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHOPBOP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare SHOPBOP with

Learn about SHOPBOP in popular locations

• SHOPBOP