SHOPBOP Employee Reviews

on your fifteen minute breaks u can play pool
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 8, 2018
its a good job and very easy you mostly go tbrough the aisles with a pick gun and pick clothes etc and put them into the bin then u scan the bin and go to the next order
Pros
free lunch for working hard
Cons
n/a
Helping understanding
Fraud Investigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 17, 2018
Company helps me gain my strength and help me build my successful goals. Working with a team help build trust, communication and point of views. Managers help guide us through every step on the projects.
productive and fun place to work
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working on the men's buying team. They kept me very busy just how I like to be busy. I wish my time there was not as a temp and that I could have been permanent with the company.
Pros
free snacks/flexible
Cons
I am not full time
Tech focused retailer trying to remain autonomous and serve customers
Creative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 26, 2018
Great people overall! Some of the most passionate and intelligent people I've had the pleasure to work with and learn from. Fast paced environment driven by a global and dynamic business model make every day different and engaging.

Like all companies, technology touches all areas of the business, and tech resources are in short supply. That creates constant churn in priorities and make it difficult to plan long term strategy for customer and employee initiatives.
Pros
If you like contemporary fashion, this is one of the most exciting places you'll ever work.
Cons
Fear of getting folded into Amazon while protecting customer and brand experience is a challenge.
stressful career
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 18, 2017
a typical day would be a mandatory 10 hour day, the more you work for them the less your opinion is valued. i learned how to manage my time efficiently. the management is fair for the most part but do play favoritism for trying to go farther in the company. the work culture, is loud, but not much talking to keep efficiency. the hardest part of the job is struggling to get ahead in the career. the most enjoyable part of the job is being put in a draing every company meeting.
Pros
catered food during sales
Cons
straining, and exhausting
I like it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 10, 2017
You can move up quickly in ranks if you keep your speed consistent, everyone is friendly an willing to help and teach a new skill. I say go for! You will like it
Average
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 1, 2017
It was a fast paced environment. It had it's fun moments but personally I have no desire to work there again. The co-workers are nice. There is not much to it. Everyone has their own desired type of employment.
Pros
Depends
Cons
Depends
No raises
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2017
work was fast paced, you would be on your feet most of the day, shifts could be either 8 hours to 12 hours. Job paid 10/hr and with no chance of advancing over that. mandatory work days for holidays
Lacking effective management
Imaging Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 22, 2017
Team work at hands-on level was outstanding. HR was fairly responsive, Workload was not well planned. Concept of self-management was not effective due to lack of internal resources especially in the IT/Tech areas.
Very fun and a great place to work
Return prep (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2017
Lots of great and friendly people to work with and a very good management team. Only downside is that they will change your schedule a lot and must be willing to work a lot of random 10 and 12 hour shifts
Pros
Good breaks, Fun and easy
Cons
Tedious
Image Production Specialist
Imagine Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 1, 2017
Fast paced workflow retouching model on and off clothing apparel and accessories using well developed Photoshop techniques and a eye for detail. The work is very familiar and usual but at the same time keeps you on your toes and switches up what you might be working on. It's an enjoyable place to work at that doesn't micro manage or over strain it's crew. People are easily able to chat and work. The only real difficult part is sitting in a windowless room but the work keeps you busy enough.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company it was well organized an very people friendly everything about it was a good vibe people where helpful my first few days of training I would defenitly work here again.
Takes forever to hire in
Return Center Processor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 11, 2017
Lifestyle staffing works mainly with Shopbop. Takes a very long time to be hired in. Temps are treated poorly. Management if only considerate of Shopbop's FTE
Pros
easy work
Cons
hours vary especially during sales, takes a long time to be hired directly into the company, poor treatment of temps
Productive and fun work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53701October 15, 2016
Wonderful, exciting and comfortable. Working at this company help me learn a great deal about fashions behind the scenes.
Fun environment and fast pace
Warehouse Associate/Receiving/Shipping Department (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 23, 2016
Being apart of Shopbop was a great experience, I gained a lot of new skills, and helped improved me as a person to work hard and be dedicated with my job.
Pros
Good hours, fast pace, and good benefits
Cons
Manditory overtime on certain holidays
Veteran Employee
Creative Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 1, 2015
Shopbop is a great company to work for, but they've struggled with employee morale and lost some of the creative/fun workplace that they once had. They expect really hard work, keeping the customer experience and fashion forward thinking in the forefront.
Pros
Paid happy hours, Amazon stock, holiday/summer parties, community service and chairty events, great maternity leave/100% paid birth, great location
Cons
Has become more corporate since Amazon bought the company, lack of understanding of work/life balance in the Warehouse and Customer Service, Security is over the top, lack of employee morale, not enough HR wellness or benefits info.
Great job
packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 7, 2015
Ill package clothes in a box and ship the box down a line.I worked from 3-11, My coworkers were so-so, I wasnt trained well, But i picked up on the job very fast.
Not a hard job, Very easy to learn. Overall fun
Pros
Great job
Cons
No benfits, Co-workers were so-so
food service with no cooking!
Receiving Lead Level III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 23, 2014
a great place to get a start and work you're way to the top. i stared as a level 1 associate and worked my way all the way up to manager in my time there. it was roughly a three year adventure if i remember right.

the best part about working there is you get a TON of regulars so you get to know the customer very well and makes the job a lot easier to deal with.

in the end it's food service, you deal with health inspections, smelling of pizza all day and night, early mornings and early nights...and expect to work weekends
very antiquated and no management support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 14, 2014
very antiquated and no management support. i didnt have a great experience here, as the company is ran quite poorly and there was no management support.
Overall its great would be better if it was something permanent. A little something different than what I am use to but I like the change up.
Temporary Worker Packer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 19, 2014
I learned that its OK to change up job placement because something better comes along. A typical day is work is fast paced time actually flies. Its a fun atmosphere. My co workers are great they are all team oriented and they never like to see anyone left behind. There really isn't a hard part with every job comes difficulty I can advance any thing.
Pros
free lunch, pay is great
Cons
no benefits, hours suck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHOPBOP. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about