SHOPBOP

SHOPBOP Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
I was there for a short time but the time there was great I was well supported and it was a very safe environment for everyone to work safely.........
I don't think the managers truly care about you, several times they mention the stock they own in amazon and that tells me they only care about themselves.
Terrible management. Favoritism. No clear direction. Management works against you. People here have no idea how to be a team and speak terribly about the customer base. Miserable place to work.
Had a great time at Shopbop. Great people, good money, also getting a little workout in during the day. Can be a little hectic at times when the machines go down or there’s some sort of issue but what place isn’t right?
Fluency is required in the usual ecommerce buzzwords, so bone up! And be prepared to spend a lot of time convincing yourself having the experience on your resume is worth it. ShopBop management is pretty negative, they talk about employees, usually it’s personal and offensive. Often right in the middle of the open office plan where we can all hear. They offer no real training or support when questions arise. They rely too much on contract workers, creating an even worse impression of the turnover there, which is pretty high. People leave and transfer out constantly. Don’t pity those who remain, they are in their element and will likely thrive there for a long time!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management can be finicky and shifts frequently. A lot of room for growth if provided the opportunity. Long hours during promotions which can negatively impact work life balance.
They don’t tell you that you will be forced to work 60hr weeks 6 days a week always on your feet either walking or standing. They have no training and then will punish you for messing up! 100% warehouse no daylight ever. They will not tell you that they will force you to go to different locations that day. Extremely strict on attendance you can get up to 20 points but you get 3 points just for coming back from break late
I enjoyed working for shopbop. They do a lot for their employees especially during shop week where employees have to work 12 hr days. The other employees are very helpful and it has an overall good working environment
New hires are valued more than people that have been there awhile.
Productivity is valued more than safety, quality and etiquette. There's no accountability for management.
Management is lacking in communication to better help ground level employees and, when asked for help, the common response is "I don't have an answer for you, sorry." And don't think hard work pays off. You will be minimally recognized if at all and certainly no raise or incentive for hard work either. The ground level employees are generally good to work with.
we collect the fashion products in totes that are placed on carts ... the collections are not zone and by reason with the help of a scanner that's what I did at shopbop
Shopbop is a good place to work for a first job. The pay is decent and the benefits are great.

This company offers employee discounts and tuition reimbursement which is a plus.

The only downfall is management.

Working here really felt like high school because of so much drama. You really have to be careful who you talk to and what you say around certain people.
At first I was excited to work at shop Bob but they didint paid me my hours I was working always struggle with my hours I really do not recomended they dont care about there workers
Working at Shopbop is very fun if you are into fashion. There are beautiful clothing being sold on the website. Working in customer service can be very demanding, yet quite rewarding. I would highly recommend Shopbop and the benefits are top notch!
unfair place to work. as a part of the leadership team, i feel unrecognized and underappreciated. do not work here unless you want to be miserable. but good benefits.
An interesting learning experience in online sales. Interacting with customers over the phone, whether it be offering them deals and discounts or resolving certain issues to maintain them as our customers.
The only negative about this job was they were not to understanding when it came to family and home life. The pay was really good but they do have busy and not busy months.
Leads walk around all day pretending to act busy and they do whatever they want. Manager sit on their butt all day, than comes out just to make sure everything running properly goes right back into the cubical offices.. Safety is a main priority I say that some bs.. Employee gets bruise and cut manager tell them it just a little bruise or cut give a them a bandage to cover it up..
Productive and fun workplace with a pool table. Eclectic cultural climate to be part of. Work was fast paced, and you had to meet a certain quota within a month or you were terminated.
Productivity is a higher priority than safety and accuracy. During sales they cater food for the employees. They don't show appreciation for the hard work of the employees (they are what make the business run anyway). As productivity increases, accuracy plummets.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Good friendly managers and relatable coworkers with a competitive, but team oriented fast paced environment. More often than not I wanted to go to work.
Pros
Simple, good pay, nice people
Cons
Parking, crowded at times