ShopKo Employee Reviews

Found 1,414 reviews matching the search See all 1,417 reviews
Terrible management, poor communication and sad work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2018
I did not enjoy the drab, poor managed, unfairly paid work environment. They did a group firing to making it even better at the end of a seasonal gig. No fair warning just a "you can leave." Awful experience.
Productive work place
Apparel Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 14, 2018
Have fun while still working and doing your job. Scheduling is slightly off and pay isn't ideal, but the workplace is an overall friendly place to be.
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, great management, food provided occasionally
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Okay part-time job
Salesfloor Teammate (Former Employee) –  Rugby, NDJuly 13, 2018
Working at Shopko was pretty much okay. It wasn't a terrible part-time job. The people I worked with were friendly, and my boss was alright. Would be a good job for a high school or college student or someone looking for part-time work.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Slow paced
Relaxed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 12, 2018
Friendly co-workers and fairly relaxed atmosphere. Good part-time job. I learned to do various jobs and had an idea about what everyone did that was on the same level as me.
Could be better
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at Shopko when you're constantly at the service desk can be stressful if it isn't busy. You do the same thing every day, and usually there's nothing to do. It's fast paced, and they're constantly short staffed so the training isn't all that great.
Pros
None for me
Productive and hard working
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gothenburg, NEJuly 11, 2018
I've been at shopko for 2years and it was fun the staff are kind and they do they're best at there job I've work almost every position from sale floor to cashier
Pros
Freindly staff works hard
Fun place too work as a teenager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 10, 2018
Loved working at Shopko, it was a grace place to work for. The hours and pay just wasn't enough to live off of and needed something more. For a teenager in high school though, it would be a great job.
Slow but stressful; Schedules were manipulated
Sales Floor Teammate (Former Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIJuly 3, 2018
A typical day at Shopko could be stressful or extremely slow. usually around the holidays it was really busy. Other than that there was barely anything to do. You can easily finish your tasks for the day and you do the same thing every time you're there. I was a new hire and they had things on my list that I wasn't trained for, so I had no clue how to do some things and the managers were always busy trying to catch up on more work than they could handle. One of my friends referred me to this place and since they worked there too it was bearable. Having friends work there was the most enjoyable part. The worst part was the repetition of every day. I only looked forward to going home. One thing the top manager did was schedule you for only 7 and a half hours so you didn't get a lunch. I wanted to work in fashion but they held me at customer service. I learned the pros and cons of working in a retail store. I enjoy it but the environment has to be right.
Sure yeah
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJuly 3, 2018
Didn't hate it. I think some of the stores management teams can be a little pretentious but otherwise, decent place to be. Outside management (district) was a lot of fun, always looked forward to them coming to our store.
Every day was the same
Truck Unload Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 30, 2018
If you like predictable slow paced jobs this would be a great job for you. Every day starts and ends the same. You might do your job well enough to have to do someone else as well! Doesn't that sound fun?
Cons
Bad pay, poor managment
Work as a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 29, 2018
Fast paced always busy but management was always willing to help and were very flexible with scheduling. The hardest part of jobs were holidays longer hours really busy. The most enjoyable part of job meeting new people getting to know customers.
Pros
Smoke on breaks
Cons
Minimum Wage
Ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  52 nd st KenoshaJune 29, 2018
I’m being payed for cashier but being forced to work custmer service for same pay at 8.56 when pay for cust. Service is 8.88 it’s ok but looking for other job for more pay and hour
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Mostly fast paced job that works well with your availability
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 29, 2018
Mostly fast paced with many great people who work there and work well with you. The best part of this job is unloading trucks. The management and pay isn't the greatest but they work well with my hours.
Boring
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 28, 2018
It was a bad first experience. My manager wasn't a fair person, also complained about my work. I only worked at the job for about a week. Hardest part of the job was everything
Loved working with people it was productive
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2018
For me I love customer service so I liked working on the cash register it was exciting to see and to help other people find the things that they needed to buy
Liked the people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 27, 2018
Doesn't anyone proofread the job announcements? This is June and there are open interviews in November...um

I think that's a long time to wait for an interview!
Ok
PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 26, 2018
I cannot really offer a very good review upon Shopko. My time there, personally, was terrific. I made many new friends and established excellent working relationships.
It's a fun work place, just don't get enough hours there. The people there are all great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 26, 2018
Shopko is a great place to work, it has a very nice atmosphere and everybody who work there are all great people. I just don't get the hours I want there. I would get scheduled alot for one pay roll then maybe a fee days the next pay roll.
Pros
Great employees, free food in the break room on occasion
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no break, hours are bad
good place
Merchandiser / Pamida (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2018
It has been a while since I worked at Shopko over 14 years, so unable to give a review about current work environment. Would recommend when I was working at Shopko.
Great Hometown Store
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HoldreJune 23, 2018
Was a great environment to work in. You're always kept busy with hardly any downtime. Run the registers, put away truck, keep the store clean and organized. Help customers with any concerns. Employees and Management were all friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShopKo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight