Shoppers Drug Mart

United States61 reviews

Found 61 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,365 reviews
drugstorebreakcustomcustomerteamstafflot

Good beginner job

Chill depending on managers, be prepared to move a lot. Sorting and stocking deliveries can be tiring if you're not physically active. Customers can range from really sweet to the worst.

fun place to work

typical day is serving customers and doing stock learned inventory, stocking , cash hardest part of the job is trying to get stuff in one day staff is fun

Shoppers Drug Mart insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great student job

Great co-workers and staff. Flexible hours for a student. Pay is fair and can increase the longer you work there. Relatively simple tasks, also involves customer service.

Very nice place to work at

easy going and productive.laid back and easy to learn.some rude customers but that is to be expectedfrom a retail job.honestly i would recommend to people who are inexperienced as the jobs are simple

good places for students

its a good place to work if u are a student as they are pretty flexible. and discount is always good and helpful especially if u are a student. i recommend it.

Great Place to Work for

Good work life balance, great benefits, not-so-bad team members, supervisors are understanding and for the most part, competent. Overall, nice employer to work for.

Work is pretty great there you learn a lot and get a lot of hands on training and they do offer training in compression. Where I worked it was pretty flexible too when I asked for less shifts for school

It’s alright

Great place to work with great coworkers but management expects too much when already short staffed. One particular manager seems to do nothing at all but continuously micromanaging everyone else.

Shoppers Values Its Pharmacists

I came from the U.S. and was pleasantly surprised to see that the pharmacists at Shoppers were valued by both management and the customers. I was respected as an employee and enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Lunch break, good technician support/ratios

Great as s student job, all depends on the manager you get

At first I enjoyed my part time there very much, good team and colleagues, good benefits (gratis) and store discount but low pay, but slowly it drained the energy out of me as my manager asked me to come in a lot on my days off regardless of my studies and work/life balance (finishing at midnight and asking me to come in the morning, changing my schedule) I was promised a raise after 3 month probation but to my surprise it was cents more, same after a year. It was a lot of trouble asking for any type of vacation and manager was bitter and mad at me for months for 2 weeks off to see my family in another country.Otherwise I did learn a lot on the job, inventory, organizing displays according to store policies, training new cosmeticians, managing responsibilities (cash, cleaning, products stocking and facing, etc)

Pros

gratis products, brand trainings also give free products, depending on work colleagues fun environment

Cons

poor managment, low salary

Great company to grow within, and amazing leaders to mentor your journey. The company is stable, and if you are looking to work somewhere stable, this is a company where you can!

This company is terrible to work for!

If you value your self esteem stay away from shoppers Way back when I started it was a great place to work. The owners only care about the bottom line.

Cons

To numerous to mention

Stressful but a good learning experience

My position was in pharmacy so my department was particularly stressful. The manager/associate of the store is a good man, but I found it difficult to move up within my department and within the company. The pay is not terrible, however it would be nearly impossible to survive on it alone if you don't have a roommate or live at home. The pharmacy department deals with a variety of different patients and medications. I found that the pay never quite matched with the responsibilities required.

Great workplace.

Great workplace.Great customers. fun people working with, always have a new special ,staff get special price and discount , free point each shop you make .I did love working at Shoppers

Flexibility

Flexible hours and locations Work/life balance Maternity leave Heavy workload Customer satisfaction is the priority to shoppers No job security but flexibility is priority

Beauty Boutique Expert

Previous Beauty Boutique manager was great but the management team had no professional background and not approachable at all. There was no support when needed or any type of conversations to help with any task. Not a good company to work for at all.

Great working place

People are friendly and it is a great environment to learn the pharmacy field. The working area was educational and develop the sense of customer service.

Bad company culture.

The store and the entire company feels very separate. Bad environment from the management team, creating a tough place to work. Did not enjoy my time there.

Interesting place to work

This company is no longer in business in this area.I learned a lot about medications, customer service, and people during the time I worked there. it was pleasant.

Pros

Colalborative atmosphere

Cons

Store closed

Details oriented

I am a person who focusing on the details, the right steps to troubleshoot issues and fix point of sale accordingly to the knowledge. Ensuring that end users are always happy

productive fun place

co workers and management is awesome great atmosphere learnt a lot customers are very friendly the culture is divested from young to old management is amazing

Pros

free lunch, flexible hours

Cons

low pay

Common questions about Shoppers Drug Mart

Answered by current and former employees at Shoppers Drug Mart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.7
InHerSight Score
4.5Personal Development
4.6Career Opportunities
4.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight