Shoprite

Shoprite Employee Reviews

Great expierence
Ringing up sales, bagging items, honoring coupons, collecting payment and giving appropriate change.

Counting the contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift, maintaining receipts and coupons.

I have learned good communication and to be friendly, understanding, logical, accurate and quick to learn in general.

The job itself was not hard It was enjoyable - it was the commute for 10 years of the commuting 8 12/ miles away from my home.

I want to be close to home - literally 5 minutes.

I would like to work for stop and shop, Clifton NJ
Not a good place to work...
The starting wage is $9.00 hourly. This job is not for adults trying to make a living. There is alot of favoritism in the store. Management can care less about their employee's. Take my word for it!! Don't apply here. There are no raises either.
Overall good place for younger adults
I enjoy my job most of the time. They offer benefits and union support after 60 days. It is overall a nice place to work and I enjoy working with the other employees. The only downfall is I have a lot of experience and feel that getting paid minimum wage was disrespectful to offer as I have been a store manager in previous jobs but at the time I excepted the job I was willing to take anything to make ends meet. The people are welcoming the benefits are good once they kick in and the overall happiness at work is great.
Great
It was great. I am more experienced and qualified to work in another job. I hope that I find a job that best fits my interests. Indeed helped me find a lot.
Lovely
Great place to work. I earened my r.a.m.p certificate. It was a family friendly place to work. They gave you good hours and the management team was great.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I try every single day to be patience with the customers. In the works place respectively, dignity a d honesty that three things. I truly want fo any
I was so happy work for SHOPRITE, because I live just five minutes walk, it is pleasant to me. By the times I feel awesome to work as a Cashier. Also, help each other as the teams
Worse place that I have worked
I began working at this company many years ago. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I became trapped. Financially, I had to stay and now I feel trapped. I am desperately seeking employment elsewhere. The previous owner, was the best and he left in 2000. The current owner is running the employees away and the management team is the worst. Wouldn't recommend this company to my enemy.
Loved working
I loved meeting new people every day loved seeing my regular customers great me with a smile always nice came to work on time.helpled the guest find what they were looking for
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shoprite?
consistent everyday customers
Some customers are easy going and some are very picky and give a hard time. Management typically expect you to complete their tasks without the pay or without appreciation.
Working in Shoprite
Working in Shoprite has taught me a lot. Overall it was a good learning experiencing. Teaches you how to be a people person in such a crazy environment.
really easy
stupid easy, but you never know when you are working and when you arent. you dont have a written schedule and they say garenteed 40 hrs but you have so little to do that they cut you after you have been there for 3 hours.
a typical day at work
The most I remember is stocking and handling boxes in timely manner, but for the most part the diversity and workplace culture is pretty decent, very cold on some days too!
Decent job
Although I personally had a bad experience working for this company, I didn't hate the job. There were many times where people helped me and tried to push me for further success within the company. I wish the time i was there was better but its not a terrible place to be once you surround yourself with genuine people. Most people were very helpful others just gave you the run around and made things hard.
About the company
It’s a alright company it needs a lot of work of taking care of their employees and they could pay better. They just need to learn how to talk to people and treat their workers better
Decent working space
Overall,it was a decent place to worked.I had many things to do to pass by the time from sweeping floors,cleaning the front for guests, and throwing out the trash.
Like a family! My favorite job!
I got a job here when I was 20 and worked as a cashier. Within 6 months I got promoted to customer service and working at Shoprite was by far my favorite job that I’ve ever had. Everyone was like family there and I looked forward to going to work everyday. I would say that I wasn’t a huge fan of the hiring process but it was manageable. I had my interview and got hired on the spot. I had to take a drug test the next day and passed. They have everyone take training courses and videos in Riverside for about a week. Riverside was at least 45 minutes away from me so I wasn’t too fond of having to drive that far everyday just for training. I wish that they did offer to do it at the store I was hired at because it would have made it easier. After the training courses I had to wait another week to be put on the schedule. In total, I think that the hiring process took around 3-4 weeks. I did like how easy it was to request off and that you were always given a break (either 15 or 30 minutes). The store I worked at did events and there were some days were allowed to dress up. My store even did a talent show with its employees and it was so much fun! They do an annual employee cook out and it was a great way to bring everyone together! I absolutely loved management and HR! They were always there if you needed someone to talk to. I had heard some complaints about management from some of the teenagers that worked there but that was because they were always calling out for their shift and were spoken to about it. I am glad that I was able to call Shoprite my second home for two years!
Shoprite stocker
I work overnights so it’s quiet most of the time mostly everyone does their part works together to go home at the end of the shift the benefits are working inside and the management is good
Shopper
I worked in the shop from home. I had a great boss, worked with great people. During the holidays it got crazy but we all worked together and got it done.
ambiente de trabajo
me hubiese gustado mas compañerismo pero fue una buena experiencia laboral
Work
Overall, not a bad place to work. Over the years I feel like it’s not the same and the environment is a little more toxic. This is why I went back to being a part timer
Enjoy the people I work with.
The employees are easy to get along with. Management helps us when necessary. Helping customers with a good attitude keeps us focused. The hardest part of the work day is when it is quiet.