ShorePoint Health
Happiness rating is 48 out of 100

ShorePoint Health Employee Reviews

United States303 reviews

Wonderful staff, good food in the cafeteria.

Horrible management. Punative, frequently written up. Unrealistic work load. Always at 7 patients Often would have no CNAs or Charge Nurse. Have difficulty retaining nursing staff, even travelers would not extend their contract. Certain Doctors repetitdly were intentionally cruel and rude to both staff and patients. Equipment old and not unusual to be broken. Short of housekeepers so rooms were not cleaned. I would not recommend Shore Point Port Charlotte as a good place to work.

Pros

Wonderful co workers. Never forced to work overtime. Good food in the cafeteria.

Cons

Not unusual to not have lunch break. no CNAs. Pay was low, esepcially for the CNAs, housekeepers and kitchen staff. Patient rooms had dirty floors and bathrooms, Nurses had to plunge toilets, Not enough equipment or supplies. Not unusual for equipment to be broken. Never fixed or replaced.

This company has closed and it's for the better

This company has closed and it's for the better.They never cared about the employees, just about cutting costs and taking away benefits.No raises for years, took away match on 401k, no accrual of PTO for years etc.

ShorePoint Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

That place sucks

No leader ship. No accountability at any level. not enough staff, never people where they need to be. They’re satisfied with the lower level quality production to avoid paying salaries. They create a hostile work environment there is no camaraderie. Most people are there solely for a paychek, it didn’t used to be that way.

Could not trust management

They often lied to employees about what was being fixed upgrade to equipment and supplies as well as pay I had finally had enough and turned in my badge even after speaking to the CEO and agreeing on my return I decided as I have been mislead by management in the past more than once.

Unfortunate pay, hospital is a hovel

Staff is nice and tries their best, no pay increase at all. I know they're trying to do construction but the whole place looks like it should be condemned. Electrical outlets falling out of the walls and most rooms embarrassing with damage.

Icu

Loved my coworkers and staff I worked with. Loved my unit. Only left because of compensation. But as a CNA that’s difficult to find anywhere at any hospital or facility.

Toxic work place

The whole place is toxic, always understaffed and the management don’t care. They worry about stuff that really does not matter like white boards. Treat staff like garbage.

Terrible place overworked for low pay

They don’t pay much. Management could care less. Always short staffed both nights and days. No help except from your coworkers. Never have cnas. Management only cares about filling beds. You could be in the middle of a code and get a new admission from supervisor.

Staff

Family atmosphere .manager was approachable. Staff I worked with were helpful. Supplies were available when needed. Drs were open to change in lan of care.

Terrible place to work!

Absolutely terrible place to work. The directors of the ER do NOT know what they are doing, i got in trouble for missing work due to being out with the FLU. I put in a request off for 2 months out and it got denied, it wasnt even a holiday. They dont care about you or your personal life. i could go on and on about how terrible the place is. ive never received a pay raise and i was promised one 4 months ago. i make 13.50, which is ridiculous. 0/10

Pros

Cons

pay, management, and just about everything else.

former RN cardiac

Positive: some of the coworkers are great to work with. Managers come out of office and help patients and nurses.Negative: the staffing/ratios are not safe and they require you to do ICU skills without being trained with 6-7 patients

Flexible schedule, amazing management, and overall a great place I started my career at.

Im so grateful to have started my career at Venice regional Hospital as a CNA and aspiring nurse. My management team has always been there for me, I have always been able to get a hold of them easily,, and they work hard and genuinely care about everybody individually. The only negative comment I can make is being understaffed a lot of the time.

Working there was a team effort.

While there the DON left before my contract was completed causing a negative shift in politics. That was 6 years ago. I was there for a brief contract.

Pros

The Nursing Director was a reasonable person who was clear about what was expected of staff.

Cons

No issues noted.

Not a good place to work.

Nurses that are just starting out would have to learn bad habits to keep up. Perpetual feeling of not doing enough for patients due to not having enough time. Horrible. Coworkers were great! Management was horrible. Constantly understaffed, sometimes on purpose.... they would send staff home even though that would make us just understaffed instead of letting staff stay and put us slightly overstaffed. Threats of job loss or disciplinary action if assignment of 7-8 patients/ nurse were contested.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Short staffed at all times, hostile environment.

Toxic environment. No support for initiatives in a already low staffing modelThe corporation failed to realized the staffing component to success. Nursing leadership was not provided the assistance needed! Too many non nursing duties!!!!!

I loved this job

We felt like a big family. I loved my job and getting to know people in other departments. I grew and learned so much. This was my favorite job! My director mentored me.

Pros

Great cafeteria food, family feeling, camaraderie

Understaffed money hungry

Horrible place to work. Not only are the nurses understaffed but every other ancillary department is understaffed. As the RN, you will be the CNA, transporter, phlebotomist, case manager, housekeeper, etc. You will call pharmacy and lab 100 times for a med/lab result/lab draw. Management sucks. They only care about slamming admissions up to the floor. The doctors suck and are hard to reach. Nightmare.

Pros

Sometimes they will offer Bonus for extra shifts. Seasonal pay.

Cons

Understaffed, administration sucks

Scary stroke center

This place is the definition of understaffed. Upper management is a revolving door as well as their core staff, which makes the entire environment calamity. Providers are excellent, but without staff, the shift starts to fall apart.

Pros

Excellent medical providers

Cons

short staffed

Unprofessional Staff, Misdiagnosed admissions,

Worst ER ever! No one knows anything. They are disrespectful to patients.patients ate often confused about admissions.Forced drug testing done on all patients.

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Only one close to area I live in

Poor ratios and not enough help

Nurses have 6-7 patients each. You’ll easily get 3-4 admissions per shift. As a nurse, very difficult to take a break; 90% of the time, I didn’t take a break. Other RNs were mostly helpful. LPNs and CNAs were great and very helpful. Often only 1 CNA for 24-28 patients with vitals every 4 hours. Consider yourself lucky if you could find a working vitals machine. Management was really adamant about updating the whiteboards. They were still learning Cerner, so many things were not done and left for the next shift. They are still charting some things on paper. Nurses use computer on wheels for scanning meds. Big problem I ran into: pharmacy closes at 10:30pm, opens at 7am. Never saw a sense of urgency with medical team. Answer your own call lights because if it’s not their patient, they won’t touch it. Don’t bring in any valuables, hard to trust people.

Pros

Plenty of OT, helpful LPNs and CNAs

Cons

Poor culture of safety, unsafe patient assignment, not enough CNAs, pharmacy closed overnight

Nurses have absolutely no support for housekeeping, secretaries , cna “s, toxic bullying coworkers

I have never heard of a hospital that has no support staff, in OB !! No secretary, housekeeping, technicians or cna. No transport for discharging patients, rooms NEVER get cleaned yet this falls on the registered Nurse to do! The skill set for a technician or housekeeper is burdening the overworked nurses who can’t complete their duties because of the lack of assistance from ANYONE! Unreal but true!!

Pros

Pay is fair

Cons

Toxic employees.no housekeeping. Nobody to take patients out after discharge!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShorePoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits