Shreveport Job Corps Center Employee Reviews

I worked as an accounting clerk, Record Clerk & Security Manager
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 16, 2018
I worked as an accounting clerk, and later worked as a Record Clerk and my third promotion was becoming manager of security with the same company, It was a company where you could receive different promotions. It was a great company with benefits,
Office Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 14, 2018
A typical day at work is like no other day, I get the job done do what I have to do. I Learned how to work the printer, do poster board, Excel & Increase my typing skills
Pros
Free lucnh
Cons
Healthcare
If you enjoy working with young adults, this is the place for you
Secretary - Administrative Support Services (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 16, 2017
Very rewarding place to work. The staff was very helpful and easy to work with. My favorite part was working with the kids, helping them to become well-rounded adults
Job Corps
Employability Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 5, 2017
Working at job corps was a unique experience that allowed to positively influence the lives of so many young people. They just didn't pay enough for me not to have to work so many extra jobs to survive.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
management
Stressful but worth it
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 27, 2017
although its fast and stressful its a good place to go to get paid and to learn work related skills. to get you high school diploma and your drivers license
Pros
room and board, healthcare
Cons
people
Student Personnel Officer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work is making sure that the students are completing the program successfully by following all the rules of the program. For that to work, everyone has to work together.
Communication is an issue among collegues.
Academic Guidance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 3, 2015
Ideas of change is not very welcomed. If you are new to the workplace and are not in the "Click," it shows in job promotions, gatherings, and social events. You have to do what you do and be well with it.
Pros
Free Lunches for unemployed individuals while they prepare for the world of work.
Cons
Short breaks, snitches.
Okay, but needs improvement
Culinary Arts Student (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 22, 2015
The center itself is small. You would basically describe it as a notch above prison and a long line before being a prison. With cameras everywhere and students being disrupting, it can be hard to focus. But as long as you have the current center director, he will make sure that everything will go well.
Management (Former Employee) –  ShreveportSeptember 16, 2015
Was in management for 13 years and was not supported and Sao not see eye to eye with my immediate supervisor. The culture is unprofessional and the people that are pleasant and have a genuine care for the students get disrespected and mistreated.
If u are a line staff if u do your job and follow procedures you will be ok.
An interesting experience in a large multi-cultural environment.
Student-Employee (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 3, 2015
My time spent at the Shreveport Job corps Center was very interesting most days.

My work day would start at around 5:30 AM and end at 4:30 PM. I would spend most of my time learning how the Office Administration trade was run, and then helping my instructor in teaching the others.

I learned many things from keyboarding to telecommunications work.

Honestly, a lot of the instructors on campus didn't do their jobs in teaching their students what all was needed to be done. Luckily my instructors were of the few that did their jobs and very well.

My co-workers more often than not quickly turned into my friends and became easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was working with a student that didn't want to learn and was only in the trade because they figured it would be easy.

The most enjoyable part of the trade would be being selected to go out with students and staff from the other trades on center and representing our classes during job fairs.
Pros
Free Lunch, I got paid to be there, free rooming.
Cons
Short breaks, no internet, many bully students.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 24, 2015
Very fun to work at. A typical day at work you learn people as well as management . Some of your coworkers are fun to be around others are not. The hardest part of the job is staying professional. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get to interact with people from all over the world.
Pros
Everything is free!
Cons
414k