Shure Employee Reviews

Amazing
Data Entry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 6, 2018
Great people and a place to work. The job environment is fantastic and everyone does their part. If it wasn't a contract only position I would've stayed.
Family Oriented Compassionate staff
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMay 18, 2018
Mostly in preventative maintenance on hvac,plumbing, electrical, lathes, mold injection machines. Learned a lot maintenance through hand-on experience
Pros
Friendly staff, great benefits, great working conditions.
Cons
payscale
Neat place to work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 14, 2018
Learned a lot in a short amount of time. Day to day work seems pretty relaxed. Friendly coworkers that are always willing to help. I'd come to work here as a full time employee, but maybe not as contract again.
Pros
Free Coffee
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 3, 2018
The company manufacturers microphones and sound equipment. They have a long history of making very dependable products. The products are marketed through music instrument dealers and sound contractors.
Shure's Internship Program is very well run.
Reliability Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILNovember 13, 2017
The internship program helps introduce the interns to the company and all its different functions and allows them to learn and grow while gaining valuable experience in their field.
Productive Environment
Intern, Automated Test Software (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 9, 2017
It's great to work with at a place where everyone knows what they're doing. There are a lot of engineers who work for Shure, which creates a nice environment and adds to the culture.
Pros
Breaks
happy work with shure
shipping (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 21, 2016
shure company is very good to work with and fun and co work is very nice to work with.shure alway tell employee alway costomer come first and happy and fun
Toxic working environment
Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  MiamiOctober 16, 2016
When left my previous job to join Shure, to be convinced I was promised many things that in short term I could see that were just false promises, between them the respect and life quality that didn't exist. Instead of this, there were a lot of bad things, that I don't want even recall to say here - this is just the tip of the iceberg, and such things didn't happen only to me.
The saddest thing is HR knowing about this kind of behaviour and just closing their eyes and letting things happen, only because sales targets are being achieved.
The company has great products and great professionals, but unfortunately the company needs to re-evaluate its concepts and pay more attention to the human resources, avoiding them to suffer harsh behaviour from certain managers.
Cons
Disrespect, working WAY more than was set, public humilliations, etc
Productive place to work. Great learning experiance.
Administrator/ inventory (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 23, 2016
It was a great place to work, They just decided to move production out of the country therefore eliminating quite a few jobs.
Bilingual Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 22, 2015
It was great place to be. The people were very fun. Positive area to be around if you love music. The products they sell are the best in the industry.
Pros
Challanging atmosphere
Fun workplace
Tableau and SAP BI Reporting Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 12, 2015
Excellent internship experience for 3 months time. The best workplace culture I have ever experienced. Excellent team members to work with as well.
was a good place to work for awhile
order picker (Former Employee) –  wheeling, ilMay 18, 2015
I worked at the wheeling facility for 8 months as a temp. I enjoyed working the first shift with overtime. The company phased out the production area and turned it into a finished goods area. Management decided to let the production people with severance packages. Instead of hiring the temps permanently they rehired their production staff and let go the temps who were already trained in the finished goods area.
Cons
management didnt care about the temps a lot
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Niles,ILMarch 28, 2015
Shure is a good place to work that makes industry leading products. Decision making at Shure is generally done through consensus that can both be good and bad. Shure offers a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good atmosphere
fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 23, 2015
It was a fun place to work, with a heavy influence on music. They lacked in compensation though. I also wish there was better direction or room for growth.
SHURE - An Inspiring Work Atmosphere
Customs & NAFTA Specialist / Export Consultant (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 4, 2015
I found it inspirational to work at Shure, in light of the Company's many achievements & world-wide respect. It was a very clean environment to work in. My typical day was filled with Customs related Job Tasks. I found Shure Management to be spirited, friendly & open-minded to new ideas. My co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the Job was any Projects that needed to be completed in a concise & short time frame, due to Staffing Shortages. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Projects I completed, plus exposure I gained to new aspects of International Business, such as The C-TPAT Program.
Pros
Job Kept Me Quite Busy
Cons
Contract Job Only
Muy buena Empresa y muy recomendable.
Import Export Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Los anos en que yo trabaje para la Empresa Shure Incorporated fueron los mejores anos, dure 27 anos porque el ambiente de trabajo era muy bueno, tanto laboral como con mis companeros, aprendi mucho durante tantos anos, al principio fue un poco dificil porque no sabia nada, pero poco a poco fui aprendiendo . Fue una lastima que cerraran la Empresa porque el trabajo se lo trajeron a Cd. Juarez, Chih.Teniamos todas las prestaciones de Ley (Aseguranza, Vacaciones, Dias Festivos, Fondo de Ahorro, descandos 2 al dia.
Fits people who love changes
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 11, 2014
Shure paid the employees very well. The management was interested in changes. The means used in my prior department included constently changing employees' tasks, constantly changing the work processes, constantly changing application softwares, constantly changing working culture. Only one thing was constant there- change. If you love constant changes, then you belong there.
Pros
401k
Cons
air conditioning system
Valuable and respectable team work environment
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  5800 w touhy, Niles, IL.July 5, 2014
At a team work environment, every one need contribute their best and work hard for the company. Their motivation and enthusiasm need be valued and respected by the management. any difficult can be overcome at this work place.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
Work at home
Best company I ever worked for!
Label Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Employee friendly. Professional and helpful atmosphere. Some of the best technical talent I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
Run as fast as you can'
Accountant (Former Employee) –  AccountingAugust 23, 2013
Stay away from this place and RUN! This is a terrible place to work! In my department, people smiled in your face and then stabbed you in the back! Management showed alot of favoritism and were only looking out for their own welfare and keeping their own jobs. Sorry I ever worked at this company and glad to be gone!
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Too much work. Rude coworkers. Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shure. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight