Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 7, 2018
working 12hr shifts are not for everyone. Open Space Three breaks all paid for , but its hard on the body so you have to be prepared.Your working with tape all day an boxes so you will have ruff hands if you don't wear the gloves.
Good teammates
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2018
Teammates and lower management was fun and easy to work with. There were issues with the upper management, but the environment was good. The drivers were fun and engaging.
My starting point
Lean Mfg. Specialist / Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 9, 2018
Shurtape was where it all started for me. I was only 21 and fresh out of college not knowing anything. That soon changed with the Training and Development program I was entered in. The next 8 years help me develop the work ethic I have now.
Okay
Packer (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMay 14, 2018
Its fine. Good temporary job. Hours are long, Job is boring. People are okay. Not suitable for people looking for quick advancement into the company.
Productive job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 19, 2018
It's definitely fast paced but it's the same thing everyday but it's part of being a machine operator the benefits and pay is great and it's definitely a decent place to work
Pros
Evset schedule
Easy work, hostile environment.
Product Selector (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMarch 16, 2018
When I initially worked in manufacturing I enjoyed this job a great deal. Easy hours working second shift 3:00pm-1:30am. The pace of work was fast but the personnel made the job very fun and easy to get into a productive rhythm. After a short time I was transferred to the distribution center, along with a pay raise, and schedule change (4:30pm-3:00am) and was trained to use a battery powered pallet-jack. The work again, was not very difficult and provided well timed breaks to split up the work day into what felt like short segments. As I settled into my new position, a lot of my peers and coworkers expressively droned about lack of leadership and terrible insults to our dept. manager. It got to be even worse once people that had no direct authority over me started to bark orders when they had no right to do so. Lots of gossip in the distribution dept. sometimes made it feel like if you didn't partake in it, you were left apart from the teamwork that was often needed. I recommend working in manufacturing if you do decide to apply here, although the pay is considerably less, you do have peace of mind enjoying your job.
Pros
Hours, 4 day work week, occasional free lunch.
Cons
Toxic work environment.
Good job
Forklift Operator/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Catawba County, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work. Everyone is friendly. Clean environment. Give overtime if it's available. No stress or worry. Get help if needed, always working as a team.
Frog Tape
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Running frog tape machine was fun and challenging but overall great experience. Great people to work around with and great supervisors. Could be challenging for new inexperience employees because of shift differences and standing in one place.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Shurtech brands is a great place to work.
This company has a great culture and also has a great structure. Benefits are competitive and the pay is also competitive.
It paid the best
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 4, 2017
Work 12 hrs shifts, evey otherweek end off, it got had when I got hurt, they did not treat me fair at all, been there 21 years could help me out more pay couls have been better
the plant was going into a transformation stage
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I was employed at Shurtape with Adecco, and hope to get another long term assignment. Hopefully at the Hudson plant again. thanks again
Pros
I liked my co-workers
Cons
There is a lot of back stabbing
Internship
Marketing/Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 28, 2017
I interned with the company and had a fantastic experience. The entire office and all the employees that work for the company are great people. The environment is laid back and you can tell the people who work there enjoy their jobs very much.
Shurtape
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 29, 2017
The only downside to this job is, When they want to hire you on, they want you to go to 2nd shift. 12 hours.
Other then that, the people is great. They train you and teach you well.
Pros
Alot of breaks.
Cons
Have to be moved to 2nd 12hrs night shift for full time.
Work at Shurtape
SLITTER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 29, 2017
12 hour work days
Training as needed to perform the job
Management is policy driven
Hardest part of the job is having all materials needed for the job
Most enjoyable part of the job is co workers
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Unrealistic production standards/goals
Great Management
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 17, 2017
Great company, great leadership. The hours were great and the flexibility and support from the company. If you do not mind the office lifestyle, you should not shy away for applying for a position here.
Mostly a fast pace job.
Chemical Applicator (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 8, 2017
Fast paced, operating a machine with other employees, rotating 12 hr shifts, great benefits and bonuses. I learned forklift operations and material handler duties. Lots of safety measures in place.
Pros
Great benefits and quartly bonuses
Cons
Rotating schedule 12 hrs shifts
good place to start a career
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NCJuly 25, 2017
manufacturing based company
employees will learn teamwork, machine operating skills, forklift operating skills
good management
good workplace culture, knowing you're an employee of a high value company
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NCJuly 18, 2017
I liked my job there very much. Management was fair. I enjoy running the machines. I liked the people i worked with and i would work there again. Good pay
Pros
Pay
Great place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJune 24, 2017
Really enjoyed working for shurtech people are great, lunch breaks are good. Plenty opportunity with time off benefits good work benefits, and advancements.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Personal
Forward thinking company with family feel.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 20, 2017
This has been a great company to work for. They've fostered my career and provided a great group of people to collaborate with. Insurance and retirement are pretty good.