Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2018
The work was enjoyable and the daily goals were reasonable, kept people busy but not overwhelmed. Management was always willing to help out. Work space was a little cramped but the office building had a modern and fresh feeling with a game room, gym, and many break areas.
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
Overflow of employees
loved working here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Shutterfly. I there was a place for me there i would return in a heartbeat. The Management was very professional and allowed you to feel free to come to them with work related issues.
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 8, 2018
Another place that decided to hire a manager from the outside instead of from within. Extremely bad decisions were made. Pointless changes. Attrition got extremely bad and it became a workplace that no longer set itself apart. As a result of those decisions, they had a massive layoff which I expected once the initial changes were made. The pay was pretty good for a while but there was not much room for career advancement. A lot of people were in the same roles for over 4 years. It's the kind of place where seasonal employment is a draw, but working there long-term is probably not a safe bet.
Pros
Pay is pretty good
Cons
Poor leadership, no career advancement, bad schedules
Customer Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 3, 2018
This is a cool place to work. However, when it is slow, there is little work. The atmosphere is cool for the most part. I have gained so many tools and knowledge from this company. This includes how to show more empathy for the customer and better customer service skills.
Pros
Work bonding events, family like setting, company events
Cons
Not a lot of advancement
Overall best job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 29, 2018
I love the company Shutterfly Inc. I was only temporary, and wanted to get hired on permanently. I will be applying for this seasons Q4 as well. They have a huge break room with lots of vending machines, game room for employees, computer lab as well for employees. Can't forget the exceptional great pay. I highly recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Huge breakroom, gameroom, computer lab, excellent pay
Cons
mostly seasonal unless through the door
Fun working place
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 23, 2018
I had a great time working at Shutterfly. Lot of opportunities to learn new things. Nice co-workers and management was good. Never felt like going home.
Very productive...
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 17, 2018
I loved working here, the staff members are great, very helpful, and things were really easy to learn and catch onto. This company was a really good company to work for.
Struggling with leadership change
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 9, 2018
Struggling with leadership changes. There was need for refresh to invigorate company, but collaborative culture has been lost. Good people are leaving, mediocre performers remain.
I love my job
Workforce Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
Shutterfly is a great company to work for, they are growing, listen to ideas from all levels of employees before making changes.Have awesome company events to keep moral good.
Good Leadership Skills
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 3, 2018
Enjoy working there and learning a new skill besides training to meet deadlines on time with high goals. The company was thoughtful enough to give their employees all the free drinks they wanted during their work time and provided recreation in the break rooms to stir up other brain cells to refocus to complete their daily work task
wonderful work place and work enviorment
SR Customer and Tech Support Agent Resolution Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 29, 2018
I am looking to grow with a company and develop my career. I feel like I have reached my peak with my current company. I am looking to build my portfolio with financial gains for me and my family.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
pay is not good.
Best Company Ever
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 26, 2018
Shutterfly was the best company ever to work for! I had never worked in that kind of industry, but I had a blast working there. They provide you with all the training you could need. The managerial staff and team leaders are amazing. They train you in lots of different departments during their fourth quarter so you get a real experience there. The atmosphere is totally fun there. They provide you all the free beverages you could want. There are corn hole and ping pong tables there. It was great
Always room for improvement
Production/Machine Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 23, 2018
The work/life balance is great, management changes often, training has a lot to improve on, and the culture is slowly getting better. Overall, it's a fun environment and the company offers great perks.
Great work-life balance
Designer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 23, 2018
Great flexibility for work-life balance depending on your department and management. There are no shutdowns for summer or holiday but there is a little wiggle room to work from home if needed.
Fun job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 17, 2018
they had a variety of sodas in the cafeteria that were free whenever you were on the clock. it was a very fun job to have while it lasted! I enjoyed working on this job.
n/a
Customer Support Rep. & Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 7, 2018
Poorly managed, very unintelligent supervisors who didn't understand basic concept information, did not take harassment seriously. At least you got good stuff out of it.
fast paced and exciting
Indigo Press Operator, Project Lead, Commercial (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Shutterfly is a great company with very fast paced shifts in a very exciting creative industry. online ordering of many creative products for many end users
good place to work
Shift Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2018
good place to work, did have a lot of seasonal turnover due to business requirements during holidays, management was very good, HR presented a good workplace culture
Fun place to work, long hours, long weekends
Production Operations management intern (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 23, 2018
I started as a production operations intern, and stayed in production after my internship. Moved from commercial & shipping to retail and books. Very productive and fun place to work, with options to move around within production
Great coworkers
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Although the place was great to work at (because of the awesome coworkers), it isn't worth it if the higher-ups don't have your back. Employees are disposable to them and regardless of your experience with them (time put in, awesome reviews, etc.) they will get rid of you in a heartbeat if it means they can put a little more money in their own pockets. I've seen many a talented employee be let go because it was "costing" the company too much. So sad.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
not knowing when you will be the next one let go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight