Shutterfly
77Above average

Shutterfly Employee Reviews

United States486 reviews
Fast paste
Most of the time you had to be on your toes and be fast when the assembly line was rolling but when your on other task at work it's an at your own speed paste they put very understanding and helpful with any questions or concerns. They like for everyone to reach a goal by the end of shift to reach their quota mostly they are a great company employee and customer service wise.
learned how machine operating works
Learned machine and how machines work, as a machine operator I have learned to work with the machine. Product Quality and Product control. Shutterfly is fast past environment.
Pros
It was eat to interact with the folks
Cons
Night shift
Racist
My experience was that they hired 90% African Americans and 10% “other”. I was in the 10% “other” group. The management was terrible and really unqualified to lead.
Pros
Cons
Racism
You are a number
The management is lacking terribly. There is no clear direction and far to much blame when there should be collaborative thinking. They don't care about work life balance, even though it's what they sell during the interviews.
How shutterfly treated me
A normal day would be clocking in getting straight to work, supervisors were very understanding helpful,the work environment itself is great to be in and around
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
great people,gym and game room there
great place to work! great coworkers. A great environment. My training was suppose to be two weeks I did so well i was operating the machine on the second day with out any more training. but it shut down due to covid-19.
Great place to work also learn an to build
My review was good overall alway at work an got along with everyone i work with and also did alot of overtime to help out other shifts i trained new partners and moved up in the company
I was in a customer research role in Shutterfly.
Open discussions. Free breakfast. Meetings culture.
People in other teams and Manager both were involved in my growth. My background is that of a startup I cofounded so you can imagine my amazement of observing and contributing to a large e-commerce company. I believe it was nothing short of a dream.
Great direct manager and colleagues, poor compensation
With the right manager and team that supports you, you will enjoy your time "Sharing Life's Joy." Shutterfly pay and total comp is under market rate.
Bad place to work
Shutterfly I will now and there’s no room I have a full workout place because it’s very bad place environment they please with managers I will not get them on for anyone
Great Company Unless You Are a Temp
I have worked 3 seasons for Shutterfly. My most recent season was under a company called, Adecco. The people I encountered in this temp agency do not follow the culture Shutterfly is known for providing to their employees. I have never felt so dismissed and under-valued in any other work situation. They treat you like you are an uneccessary interruption to their day.
I believe if I could move from a temporary employee to a full time employee under the Shutterfly umbrella, I would thrive and the company would benefit from a reliable, conscientious employee who enjoys their work and work environment. Being one small fish in the sea of temporary employees who rarely excel in performance and often fail to complete their assignments has made it hard for me to be recognized for my worth. This makes me less likely to return for seasonal employment.
Shutterfly Delivers
Shutterfly was a very challenging place to work which is something I really loved about it. The people were great and there was always something to solve.
Was a wonderful place to work
Amazing workplace culture where you meet the most wonderful people. Unfortunately, company has restructured due to PE firm acquisition and many marketing jobs have moved to Minnesota.
Pros
Great employees, good work-life balance, flexible
Cons
Marketing jobs have relocated to MN
Decent spare job, nothing more or less
Like the summary states, it's a decent spare job if you are employed full-time elsewhere or attend school. The only bad thing are the inconsistencies regarding your hours to work which are not guaranteed.
A challenging place to work. Four different schedules to work. With plenty of time off. They give 12 holidays and three weeks of vacation when you start.
Great work culture and good pay, but unrealistic company expectations
You are not micro-managed which is good. There are times when management and leadership visions indicate they don't know what is really going on in the business. Having the proper technological resources was an issue as well. However, the work culture, people and work/life balance made it easy to go into the office every day to execute my job.
I loved it there
It was a good work experience the people are nice and friendly it kinda made me won't to be there every day the love was real and the work was good enough for me.
An ever changing, always challenging work environment
Rewarding job in the sense that you are giving customers a product they will always value as well as their future generations. The images I capture in the studio with each session are always different and always show true expressions and emotions. I thoroughly enjoy making my clients feel good about themselves by capturing them in their best light. The joy stops there. Employees are undervalued and treated as expendable.
It has good perks...
It's alright. Upper management does a lot of shooting from the hip creating chaos, stress and blind leading the blind scenarios while expecting stellar results.
Very good job
I would refer anyone to this job most of the time I worked there it was temp they would always call me back when worked picked back up it's nothing hard an it's nothing heavy very easy going
Great Company
Was very happy working there, life work balance. Management kept me informed of expectations and future working coming in. Was given training resources to sharpen skills in job related and non job related software programs etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shutterfly.