Shutterfly Employee Reviews

revolving door of employees and management
customer care, jedi, (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 28, 2018
revolving door of employees and management, lack of care, employees do not have job security nor are they supported within their roles, conflicting statements from one supervisor to another supervisor
like working in the warehouse
Warehouse Shipping (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 28, 2018
boxing orders from customers to be shipped. verifying labels ; hardest part was getting there - midnight shift liked the people I worked with.learned how essential it is to getting customer orders out on time.
Pros
nice company
Cons
none known
Collaborative culture
Assistant General Counsel (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 24, 2018
Shutterfly fosters a collaborative corporate culture including open space environment. The company encourages communication among colleagues within the company. Overall it is a friendly place to work.
Pros
Friendly and casual work environment
Cons
Lacks transparency
Good place to work, but upper management changed frequently
Director of Data Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2018
With Vice Presidents coming and going from unrelated industries there was never a clear understanding at their level of exactly what the teams did, or who their customers were. Although Shutterfly is a great place to work, we spent too much time trying to teach the new VPs what we did only to have them removed shortly thereafter.
Relaxed corporate environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 15, 2018
Shutterfly is a big internet company, and with that they can afford to treat employees fairly well. They had a large cafateria with coffee and soda fountains.
Good company to work for if you get hired on
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2018
Overall, if you are hired on full-time, Shutterfly is a good company to work for with more pros than cons. Sometimes you maybe kept on as a year around temporary employee if you are a good worker, however, it may take awhile before you can get hired on (took 3 years for me to be hired on) as you must wait for a spot to become available.
Pros
Paid lunch break, free soda, workout room, game room, company discounts, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Less than 40 hour work weeks outside busy season, takes awhile to get hired on full-time.
Too many churns
Ops Strategy (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 2, 2018
Fast paced yet stressful environment, frequent churns in leadership or direction of project. People are good and if you can adapt to the culture you will be fine. I have been with the company for 8 years now and looking to find something less crazy.
Pros
Customer facing company, great products
Cons
Too much churn
good
Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2018
good place for people fresh out of college. i had good pay and was able to learn a little more about locating issues with images and making sure quality is key.
You can do better
Advanced Resolution Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 23, 2018
Most call centers at least start their agents at $15 and up. To get an advancement even with stellar service you have to beg or apply for a role you do not want. Leadership operates on a personal level through all experiences, not ever on a professional tip.
Amazing very friendly
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2018
I loved working at shutterfly it was always fun being around the people I loved the hands on work and activities we did ever day just love being in that environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 15, 2018
Invest in your employees whether you want to show interest. Follow up with employees. Have a better process when it comes to laddering within the company. Favoritism no structure.
Pros
Free soft drinks & tea, coffee, game room, gym
Cons
Favoritism no structure
Shutterfly is wonderful
Call Center Representative / Mechaine Operater (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 5, 2018
The people are great the company it’s self is great everybody’s gets along they make sure you understand everything I wish I was able to be permanent .
Pros
You guaranteed all the over time you want
Great cafe , game room, large campus
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 30, 2018
Great cafe , game room , large campus , friendly people , great management , learn to operate different machinery, honest management, great hours , flexible
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
parking
Fun atmosphere, Co workers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 27, 2018
Your typical customer service job, but the benefits are great and your coworkers are even better. I don't think this would be nearly as an amazing work place if it wasn't for the amazing culture and peers.
excrise room free items and shipping
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 26, 2018
love the work place enjoyed helping customer to create photobook and issue with any tech problem with account, shuttterfly love they co-worker always make they employees fell good and appreciated
Super Fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Shutterfly. During the fourth quarter of the year, the schedules become long and tiresome, but the compensation also increases. I would work here again at any time, given the opportunity.
fun place to work when i was there
Press Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
job was great, loved being a press lead for indigo area.people friendly. great pay. great bonus..work hrs were great. management was great. always did something great for there employees.. great place to work.
Pros
picnic for the crew
Cons
q4 seasons was tough
A great temporary working position
Seasonal Production (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed my previous job as safety coordinator here. Management and taking care of problems tended to run smoothly, and the trainers, coworkers, and my supervisor were all good to me.
Work place Culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2018
The work was very easy. The hours could have been better but I made it through. I would definitely work there again. I also enjoyed the people I worked with.
Incompent Management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 7, 2018
Bad business management.
Incompent leads.
Leads have poor communication skills.
Poor Training opportunity.
No room for growth or advancement.
Management doesn’t care about the temp employees.
Incompent Technicians.
Technicians will sabotage your machine all the time to see you struggle and to make your job harder.
Management shows Favoritism to only full time employees.
The Schedule sucks
The Pay sucks
Coworkers are fake and all about drama.
Toxic, nasty, gossiping environment.
Overvall, I highly encourage you to stay away from this company and look somewhere else.
Pros
Free soda and cofeee
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, schedule sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight