Shutterfly
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Shutterfly insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good place to work if you like to stay busy and stand for twelve hours

I like what at doing it's not as bad I see others posted get to work on time and do the task you ask to do and your day will go great take your breaks and come back out it's very layed back place to work

Pros

2 thirty minutes breaks and free drinks

Bad place to work at

Management is a failure from the start. Advancement is dependent on one guy’s opinion. Sink or swim mentality. No proper training and surreal expectations.

Pros

Indoor gym, game room, free coffee and beverages

Cons

Work schedule, slave driver

This could be a great place to work IF ONLY there were support and organization within management and leadership teams.

The systems are messy and glitchy. Management asks that you make a lot of excuses to your clients instead of providing quality service and product. Management stayed in hiding. You are on your own and won't feel good about leaving clients in frustration repeatedly. Can do this job for a while but eventually it's just not worth it. Better companies are out there.

Pros

Salary and commission, discounts on Shutterfly products

Cons

Management confusion, system failure, no support, very stressful

slave work

work you to death. have to stand for hours. not sanditary. impossible to get on with the actual company you have to go through temp agency. temp agency is super unprofressional

Toxic, No room to grow

The only people that benefit are the ones that are favored by managers. You will not get promoted past a lead if you are a person of color. The bullying is also insane and the managers are good for encouraging outcasting team members they feel speak up too much about issues on the floor. I loved my little team and was sad to leave them but I got tired of working so hard to be spit on each week by my supervisors. They also have these meetings to “share” issues within the warehouse only to belittle us and call us liars.

Pros

Paid Holidays

Cons

Mentally stressful, No room for growth, bullying

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Best Internship

Overall a great internship. I learned so much about myself and the type of work I would like to pursue. You get the opportunity to lead a team and coach/mentor employees. The internship program was great. I 10/10 recommend Shutterfly. Also - awesome monthly discounts. Fun work environment that paid very well.

Pros

Visa gift cards for overtime, bagels Monday/Wednesday, donuts Friday, gym, ping-pong/pool table, outside seating, free pop, company discount, 4 ten hour days and off on Friday

Cons

Long hours, restrooms were never the cleanest, high turnover

It was a good place to work at, I enjoyed it

Awesome company to work for. They give compensation and good pay, guaranteed hours and they also offer overtime. I was able to go in and work overtime whenever I wanted

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

bad

I did not enjoy working with shutterfly, they were very push and did not give ample time for training and each person had to handle multiple projects for production support for which we were paid peanuts.

Poor 4th shift canvas manager and temp leads

Managers on 4th shift canvass and wallart are horrible they dont care about anybody stayed 1hr 10mins after my 12hr shift was suppose to leave ar 345 but due to my co workers manager and tempt lead leaving me stuck behind without putting there stuff up

Pros

None at all

Cons

Company dont carr about anybody

Soulless corporation pretending to be your friend

This company does not value its employees. Be extremely wary if you decide to give them a shot, and have a plan B ready to go at a moment's notice, you never know when they will decide your work is no longer worth the trouble of paying you.

Pros

Low pressure, casual atmosphere, mostly cool coworkers

Cons

Frequent layoff waves, minimal growth opportunities, soulless executive team

Very political and no career paths.

Extremely disappointed in the culture and environment. Very political and unfriendly environment with no clear career pathing laid out. Had high hopes initially, and executive management talked a good game, but not a nimble company and nothing ever changed.

Pros

Typical Silicon Valley - free snacks and drinks, footsball and ping pong tables

Cons

Horrible culture

Great company

Great people to work with. The pay is decent, but the benefits aren’t as great. There’s opportunities to grow in the company. If your young and want to make money, there’s a lot of opportunities to work overtime. If your married with kids, you make think all the overtime interferes with your work life balance. Overall not a bad place to work.

Pros

Free lunches, party events, room for promotion.

Cons

Lack of work life balance

Dominated

Military style of management, divide and conquer. Some of the best employees I have ever worked with. New management every year. Plenty of young managers. Leads that are great, smart and focused on high quality. Upper management only cares about good numbers and finding ways to save there jobs in the shark tank. Promotions are about who you know, a complete lack of diversity at all levels . The worst warehouse staff I have ever worked with. They don't care about anything they just sit on there rears.The pay is at the lower end of the scale. Plenty of hours during Q4. Then you barely get your hours while others get theirs. A lack of fairness. Don't complain they will target you, and try to make you quit.

Pros

Great employees

Cons

Back stabbing management, high healthcare cost. Lack of hours

Fun work place ( administrative position) warehouse not so much.

I started off in the Pre production which was more of administrative position. Typical office job 8 to 4:30, desk job. My department manager and night shift manager were the best I have ever had. Was really sad that they eliminated our position due to businesses changes due to the pandemic. We got the option to continue ore employment with Shutterfly by going down stairs to the warehouse but this was completely different management was not as welcoming, high turnover, sometimes we would be sent home early if work was slow was not use to this from the other position I transferred from. If I could go back into my old position with my old management and coworkers I would in a heartbeat!

Pros

Work life balance, decent pay, fun atmosphere

Cons

To be honest nothing

Fun workplace

One thing about Shutterfly is that they care about their employees. The overall culture here is absolutely amazing, making you enjoy coming to work each day.

Pros

great benefits, good work/life balance, workplace enviroment

Cons

nothing

Bad

No room for growth they will hire outsiders before hiring for her own company. Really low pay temps get paid more than hired on people......don’t go there

Lots of good people. Staff and management very driven. Love their products.

Wished I could have worked there a lot longer. Business slowed way down after the Holidays. If Covid 19 hadn’t happened I believe that I would have stayed employed. Parts of Shutterfly was not up and running because of Covid 19. I would definitely recommend working there and I would go back if I was called to work there again.

Pros

Nice environment, Great management, Always had pizza on Friday, free soda fountain drinks. Very clean.

Cons

Not enough hours after the holidays, Only very few kept their hours. Always sending us home early.

Mediocre at best.

Temporary seasonal position. No room for advancement unless you are of the "equal opportunity employee" category, then you have a much greater chance of being kept. If you are in production this is not a great job. Management and engineers make big bucks for minimal work though.

Pros

Free soda and occasionally lunch

Cons

Long days expected in Q4, corporate rules with demerits

Waste of time and energy

The call center pay is barely okay at $15 an hour and weekly pay, benefits are horrible, and the customers are so horrible, and the company only cares about the customers who call all day and night to lie. You can completely be cursed out and disrespected and you're expected to remain on the phone and take it. The management is horrible, unless you get hired on by Shutterfly they do not care about you, or take time to get to know you beyond your phone calls. OH! and the icing on the cake, you can and WILL be fired at literally any time. I was given a full schedule for the week and was fired on the second day, without any verbal warnings or messages from supervisors after working at this company for almost 2 years. If you need fast money, go for it, other than that run away.

Pros

$15 an hour for the call center, weekly pay

Cons

Everything don't apply

Lots of hours, little security

No benefits for employees other than the "benefit" of having the option to get your money almost instantly after shift, but only after a fee for doing so. Not to mention, sometimes they had so little work to do that you'd be forced to go home 3 hours into a 12 hour shift. Three of us in my current household were working there when they abruptly let all three of us go, despite all being very good employees. This happened about 4 months into me working there, for reference. This nearly left us without an income, and if not for all of us saving for emergencies, this could have been much much worse for us than it ended up being. The only way I'd recommend working here is due to how fast the hiring process is, and how they mass hire. However, don't expect for them to keep you long. Their turn around rate is so high that you'll be training people two weeks in, too. Sincerely, I only recommend working here if you absolutely need a job, and need one soon. While you're working there, you're best off looking for better work elsewhere.

Pros

Quick hiring process, almost guaranteed to be hired

Cons

No benefits, no job security, bad management.

Shutterfly, wow, such a giving place.

I worked there after they bought Tiny Prints where i was working, then moved to shutterfly on the floor. i had so much fun, the wonderful people, the atmosphere, and the free soda at the time anyway, food constantly, they had carnivals in the parking lot with zip lines and rides and took us out to eat and had events gave away iPads in drawings.... this place was stellar. i wish i still lived in AZ, i would be there today. definitely recommend.

Pros

everything

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight