SIA Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 7, 2019
SIA Group is definitely a hidden gem in Jacksonville! The culture is great, with very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people. Management is great with having transparent and open communication, which leads to an amazing leadership team. The company is very training and development oriented and truly cares about their employees well being. They invest a lot of time and effort into ensuring each employee has the ability and opportunity to grow professionally and turn this job into a career. I have learned more in the last 2 months working here, than I ever have at any of my previous companies. This job definitely engages your mind and keeps you thinking constantly. It is not the same thing everyday which is great. My department is very fast paced which I love! The work can be challenging, however rewarding.. and there is an endless amount of support and help to ensure each employees success in their roles!
Pros
Great Leadership, Team enviornment, Positive work culture, Coffee all day!!
Productive and fun place to work
Surety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 26, 2018
Task structured
I learned a lot about Insurance billing and issuing Construction Bonds
There was not a lot of advancements to management
workplace culture was fun
lack of training from immediate Accounting Manager
A lot of employee participation activities
Pros
Alot of free lunches and ice cream days, birthday parties
Cons
Lack of intial training in the accounting department
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our unique work culture at SIA Group which includes wellness activities and the fun events like smoothie truck days and employee luncheons. Thanks for your comments about initial training. As a part of our strategic initiatives, we are continually working on improving our on-boarding/new hire training programs and appreciate your transparency to help us make this better for our team.

Great place to work!
Internal staff (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 2, 2018
A stable , yet growing company, that supports employees with a positive reputation in the community! There are lots of employee perks, great benefits, and supportive leaders. I like that my ideas are valued. I find the work culture here to be positive. I really enjoy the wellness program the company has and all the little things they do for employees like lunches, birthday celebrations, and even a company provided yoga class! This job has helped me further my professional skills and I am excited to see where it takes me!
January 2, 2019

We are so glad to hear you are happy at SIA Group! We have grown a lot since our founding in 1975 and are excited for what the future brings! We are glad to hear that your professional skill set has been positively influenced at SIA Group. We are strong believers in education and offer vast educational opportunities for eligible positions. We hope your employment with SIA Group continues to be enlightening, fun, and productive!

Great Company, Great People & Always Improving
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 3, 2019
SIA Group is the best place to work at in Jacksonville, NC. I am sad to have had to relocate from the area with my husband as I truly miss the family-like culture there and the fast-pace environment of this growing institution.

Many people who move to Jacksonville, NC settle for a job. I, myself, was worried I would end up doing the same. SIA is the top private insurance agency and despite all the success the company has achieved over the last 30+ years, SIA is always improving it's operations, processes and looking for ways to grow and make it a better place to work.

SIA values it's people and really does work to make sure you are successful (as long as you want to be). In my years at SIA Group, I found that if I kept a positive attitude and open communication with my manager - I was continually challenged and advanced within the company.

As a private company, SIA offers a great benefits package to their employees with discounted gym memberships, paid time off, free hosted exercise events and an annual Christmas party for the books!
In my experience - if you ask questions when you need guidance, possess an optimistic attitude and a hard work ethic - you will succeed here and feel really good about what you do!
Pros
Great Health Benefits, 401K Matching, Pto, Birthday/Work Anniversary Celebrations, Hosted Holiday Events, At-Work Voluntary Exercise Events
Great Family Owned Business
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2018
SIA Group is a great place to work if you are interested in a career in insurance. It is difficult to move up there, however they are working on this and improving. You can learn a lot and management is pretty good.
Pros
benefits, education
Cons
pay rate, moving up in career
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your comments about internal advancement. Lately we have been putting more focus on performance feedback and career paths for our employees. Your feedback is a great reminder of the importance of internal advancement. The cost of living in Jacksonville, NC is 2% below the nation’s average, but we pay above average for most positions in the Jacksonville area. We are very proud of our competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k with a matching contribution, health benefits, educational incentives and more!

Underpaid, overworked and not appreciated.
Rating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 25, 2018
Underpaid, overworked and not appreciated. Ultimately left because of micromanaging good employees while allowing slack employees to skate by. Not good enough compensation & expensive health insurance. Managament is not the greatest.
January 2, 2019

We hate to hear that you didn’t enjoy working with us! We appreciate your comments about employee coaching and performance. Lately, we have been placing more emphasis on employee coaching and development along with establishing performance metrics. Employees are strongly encouraged to discuss any concerns with their manager and/or HR to help us address concerns promptly and effectively. The cost of living in Jacksonville, NC is 2% below the nation’s average, but we pay above average for many positions in the Jacksonville area. We are very proud of our competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k with a matching contribution, medical benefits (with SIA Group covering 80% of the employee’s premiums!) and educational incentives. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2019
Very fast paced and very repetitive but they help by having you switch jobs every quarter friendly people and environment and they make you feel as a team
Best Place to Work in Jacksonville NC/Eastern NC area!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
SIA Group is one of the best places to work in the Jacksonville NC area. They give you all the tools/resources you need to take yourself to the next level. I have found that if you have a good attitude and excellent work ethic, Management will do everything in their power to help you grow within the company.

One of the major benefits of working at SIA was their family-like environment and strong understanding and appreciation for work-life balance. They go out of their way to celebrate your major life events, provide you with excellent health/dental/vision benefits and make a point to be there for employees who need their help personally and professionally.

It was so refreshing to work for a company that was continually growing but still found a way to make the workplace feel a lot like home with it's continual support and acknowledgement. If I had not relocated, I would still be working there today!
Pros
Benefits, Work-life Balance, Opportunities for Growth
January 2, 2019

We are glad to hear you were part of a strong team with proactive management, family-like environment, and positive work culture. Our work culture is something we pride ourselves upon in addition to our competitive benefits and compensation package that has lots of fun fringe benefits! Thanks for sharing your talents with us. We are happy you enjoyed your time with SIA Group and hope your new chapter is going just as well.

Unknowingly Voided Contract w/Agency due to weekend 2nd job
Sales Representative/Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 14, 2018
unfortunate situation that cut short my career with SIA Group. I learned a lot about sales and went through many types of training and sales meetings with training at each meeting. Special sales training program was brought in for a week long sales training program.
January 2, 2019

We are glad you learned so much about sales during your time with us. We are very proud of our proprietary sales system which benefits both our sales team and clientele. Thank you for your comments pertaining to contract voiding. We aim to be proactive in preventing these situations by sending all prospective employees our employment agreement for review before hire. Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your talents with SIA Group!

Great Company, Great People
HR/Legal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
After moving to Jacksonville with my spouse from the D.C. area, I was concerned that I would not find a professional environment that could match the experiences I had in a larger metropolitan area. I was very fortunate to find a job opportunity with SIA Group. My supervisor has a clear trajectory for my role in the company, and as I am challenged with new responsibilities, the support I receive from management gives me the confidence I need in order to achieve these milestones in my career.

The SIA Group name carries weight in the community, and even as a Jacksonville outsider, I understand why. I look forward to advancing my career with this unique company.
January 2, 2019

We are pleased you are enjoying working at SIA Group! Moving to Jacksonville from a large metropolitan area is certainly an adjustment. We are happy working with SIA Group has provided you with the professional opportunities you are seeking in your new community.

Fast Paced; Underpaid; No Advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 22, 2017
A typical work day is stressful, fast paced with no room for advancement. Business lacks communication with employees and see no reason to include employee opinions in decision making opportunities. Staff gets no sign of appreciation.
January 2, 2019

We apologize that you did not enjoy working here. Our work culture has some great aspects to offset the fast-paced busy days such as employee luncheons, celebrations, and an educational plan that can help employees develop themselves professionally. As we grow, we are looking to continually improve and evolve our work culture. Your comments remind us of the importance of continual improvement. We wish you the best in your future!

Great place to work and oppurtunity to grow!
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 13, 2016
Since working here, I have found I love my position! My supervisor is great to work with and easy to go to with any questions. The rest of my coworkers are very friendly as well. The owners/higher ups are also very personable and wanted to learn about me and my experiences within my field.
Pros
Great benefits
January 2, 2019

We are excited you are enjoying working with us so much! We are proud of the professional relationship our employees have with management from coaching, development, and utilizing hidden talents our team may have! Keep up the great work.

Review
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 9, 2016
Expectations were often unrealistic; however, my direct supervisor was typically pretty understanding when random things would arise. It was a difficult company to move up in, but there was a great faculty/staff development program that the company fully funded.

The owner of the company is one of the most intelligent managers I have ever had, and the success of his company proves that he knows what he is doing.
January 2, 2019

Thanks for your review. We are very proud of our educational plan, which helps our team members further their knowledge and careers while providing incentives! Most recently, we have been focusing on employee advancement and your comments reflect the importance of internal growth. We are glad to hear that your experience with management and the President were positive. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Typical office, secure job for the Jacksonville area
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 1, 2015
Great leadership and fun coworkers. A good stable job for the Jacksonville area. Growing company with lots of opportunities to move up.
January 2, 2019

We are happy you enjoyed your time working with us! Our growth since our founding in 1975 has been significant and we’re excited to see what the future holds. Thank you for your comments regarding leadership and colleagues. We pride ourselves on our work culture, team dynamics, and management’s leadership. Good luck in the future!

Pretty Good
Risk Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 6, 2017
Pretty Good. Largest private insurance agency in NC, within 60th largest in US. High potential for growth. Multiple offices. Long commute if you don't live in area
January 2, 2019

We are pleased that you’re happy working with SIA Group! We are continuing to grow in not only physical offices but also our team members and clients thanks to our dedicated workforce. To offset the commute for our sales/Risk Advisor team, we offer a competitive expense policy, flexible schedules, and laptops to create mobility between offices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIA Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

SIA Group, Inc. Reviews by Location