Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Bedside RN
Part- time RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
Use to be a great community hospital but has undergone a lot of change since joining with Johns Hopkins. Needs a management overhaul! Sought a new position because bedside staff was not supported.
Amazing!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
I volunteered here and had an amazing experience. The people were nice and always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from people who were so eager to teach.
Na
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Loved Sibley
Labor and Delivery Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2018
I worked as a nurse extern and learned a lot from the experience! I would recommend it both to my fellow nurses and prospective patients. A good overall atmosphere.
Good experience
Data Analyst (Data Analysis Course Project) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
Very fast paced in managing patient care. You feel motivated and the meaning of professionalism. With inspired people around you, it is hard not to feel passionate and grateful on every task and change we accomplish on the health system. It is the position where you sense the responsibility and can't help improve performance by hard work.
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Pros
Promotes development
Nice place to work all departments operate differently
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2018
Learned a lot about diversity treating everyone the same at all times.
Management playing favoritism was not appeasing to my appetite. the hardest part was morgue detail with the babies.:( The most enjoyable part was me as an Officer Making Good Things Happen
Pros
Holiday Free Lunchs
Cons
very short breaks and or sometimes no break. Each day was different
fun workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 19, 2018
Great place, people.
A very good community hospital in NW Washington DC.
Building is new & people are closely knot & with warm reception.
Encourage professional advancement & engagement.
Put patients first & their safety
In the ever changing environment of healthcare
Executive Chef II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2018
Being that culinary activities are secondary in a healthcare setting, it is tough to find good talent but it does exist in small quantities. There were some great staff members that were held back by the few - but more often than not, surprising events were produced and good meals were served.
Pros
Not too many late nights
Cons
Often short staffed - forcing the tasks onto other overloaded individuals.
HOurs are too long
Nurse Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2018
Short staffed and hours too long. YOur paid time off is used for all leave including supposedly paid holidays which don't exist. There are no PAID holidays
Pros
close to home
Cons
hours
Excellent Place to work
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
Being part of Sibley Hospital employee is such a great honor. Such a nice place to work with and the hospital staff are friendly. Management is very understandable and willing to help you out if in needs.
fast paced learning atmosphere
Clinical ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2018
I was busy taking care of patients at bedside assisting the nurses with general care of patients. It was a very good learning atmosphere for nursing.
Pros
good benefits growth potential
Cons
far from work
na
OPERATING ROOM BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 10, 2018
Culture is rough for staff. The staff feel as if management is constantly looking to fire them. I had several staff members tell me that they just wanted to keep their head down and just get their job down and go home.
A Typical day at Sibley
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
I've work here for 6-years I like working with the staff, patients, and visitors. the hardest part of working here is when someone pass a way. Working around people gives me joy
Pretty Disappointing Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2017
I came in with high hopes, but ended up being relegated to a rather menial position. It seemed like at times the only way I could be appreciated was if I just got out of the way.
CERTIFIED STERILE PROCESSING TECH II/LEAD TECH (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2017
It was fun happy hard work stressful the other employees was great but of course it could be challenging but that is the job in every hospital could use more money
Pros
The connection the employees had
Cons
Not enough money
poor working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2017
Management frequently plays favorites. The hospital wants to cut costs, and is not concerned with safety. Absolutely no value given to long term employees.
productive
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
everythihg was balance its was nice place to work at the time but it could've been better it was a little races that I didn't like because we all here trying work and take care the guest and our work place
Productive and Fun Place to work
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2017
Family Centered Care Unit (FCCU)
Facilitated and supported the daily operations of the Patient Care Unit. Performed clinical functions alongside shift appointed Registered Nurse and/or Obstetrician. Educated new parents on infant lactation, and safety monitoring. Initiated set up of new admission and cribs for hospital stay. Assisted staff in clean-up of pre occupied rooms in preparation of new admission. Ability to take vital signs on acuity of 16-23 patients daily. Ability to perform Phlebotomy on patients per RN request. Collected patient specimens per physician’s request. Performed clerical functions on the unit that would support the patient care team to provide outcome-oriented, safe, therapeutic, compassionate and cost effective care. Coordinated the scheduling of tests, procedures and services, updating patient information, scheduling procedures/appointments, retrieving information and creating various documents with healthcare personnel and other hospital departments. Communicated patient care needs between physicians, staff and patients and/or family to ensure operational efficiency. Greeted visitors and staff to the unit in accordance to the hospital standard of excellence. Maintained security of units monitoring entering and exiting of all visitors using security personnel badges. Ability to work efficiently, effectively and cautiously in a fast paced and complex environment.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No set schedule available
Not terrible
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2017
Hospital is not in great area for public transportation, not much advancement in my dept,Interesting people, not much advancement, so-so educational assistance
Pros
health insurance
Cons
terrible team, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location